Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126115 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #529: Jul 17, 2018 09:09:37 am
      Allison's price reflects the fact that he is now brazil's number one and the team he is playing for

When you sell a prized asset, youā€™d slap big premium no matter what. Just think Coutinho when we were selling him. The higher the premium the more insane those reasons can be.

Iā€™d like to think that Romaā€™s shouting price includes the Coutinho money which we do have and some clawback on the Mo Salah deal.

If you were selling Allison, wouldnā€™t you price those in? More so for those fans of theirs who think ā€œAllison is not for sale at any price. We will hold on to him for as long as we can even if we run his value down to zeroā€.

Hey we had that with Coutinho didnā€™t we? Youā€™ll find any reason to jack up your selling price and dare the brave club to pay for it.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #530: Jul 17, 2018 12:08:08 pm
      Just pay for Alisson or Oblak...Don't be scared...GK is our main concern for reaching EPL glory.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,166 posts | 829 
      Reply #531: Jul 17, 2018 12:12:41 pm
      Just pay for Alisson or Oblak...Don't be scared...GK is our main concern for reaching EPL glory.

is it?

We kept more clean sheets second half of the season than the first half because we signed VVD and having 2 full backs playing well.

a No. 10 is more of a priority than a GK to be honest
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #532: Jul 17, 2018 12:13:22 pm
      Yes n10 is also, but you know we could get more points with Oblak or Alisson for sure.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #533: Jul 17, 2018 12:31:38 pm
      Apparently we've bid the asking price but no super reliable sources saying it yet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #534: Jul 17, 2018 12:40:52 pm
      Apparently we've bid the asking price but no super reliable sources saying it yet.
      Stuff Iā€™ve been seeing is that we bid 10mil under and and want to make up the difference in bonus money.

Donā€™t believe it but it would be typical Liverpool.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #535: Jul 17, 2018 12:45:31 pm
      Can't say I'm happy about this deal to be honest, yes we need a goalkeeper but this lad has never impressed me, I've said it before we put 7 past him and let's be honest he didn't really impress in the world cup either.

It just seems to much money.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #536: Jul 17, 2018 12:54:49 pm
      Can't say I'm happy about this deal to be honest, yes we need a goalkeeper but this lad has never impressed me, I've said it before we put 7 past him and let's be honest he didn't really impress in the world cup either.

Alisson is the Brazil number 1 keeper so considering Ederson cost City Ā£45 million then Ā£60 million is about right.

Whatever about the price he's a big upgrade on what we have that's all that matters.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #537: Jul 17, 2018 01:19:06 pm
      He's removed Roma from his Insta bio.

Paul Joyce has now followed him on Twitter..

Apparently.

If not true let's just go with it anyway.

Let the games begin.
      Kopite78
      Reply #538: Jul 17, 2018 01:48:05 pm
      He's removed Roma from his Insta bio.

Paul Joyce has now followed him on Twitter..

Apparently.

If not true let's just go with it anyway.

Let the games begin.

Just had a quick look

There's nothing about Roma in his bio (but I don't know if there was before)
      Joyce and Ian Doyle follow him
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #539: Jul 17, 2018 01:50:54 pm
      to be frank which goalkeeper would come to Liverpool now knowing his first mistake will be pounced upon by everyone.
      Kopite78
      Reply #540: Jul 17, 2018 01:51:26 pm
      to be frank which goalkeeper would come to Liverpool now knowing his first mistake will be pounced upon by everyone.

Not everyone
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #541: Jul 17, 2018 01:52:16 pm

Another way to look at it, there is the #1 spot to be taken and be part of a very special team.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #542: Jul 17, 2018 02:03:11 pm

And you decided this based on what, like 7 games?

He didnt even have to make any great saves in Russia cos Brazil were defensively compact. After the 1 goal vs the Swiss, they conceded 2 against Belgium and that's it. Dont think he had a chance at any of them.

I dunno why people whine , no matter what. You spend 4mil on a keeper, they whine. You spend 60mil on a keeper, they whine. Duh!
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #543: Jul 17, 2018 02:10:00 pm
      And you decided this based on what, like 7 games?

He didnt even have to make any great saves in Russia cos Brazil were defensively compact. After the 1 goal vs the Swiss, they conceded 2 against Belgium and that's it. Dont think he had a chance at any of them.

I dunno why people whine , no matter what. You spend 4mil on a keeper, they whine. You spend 60mil on a keeper, they whine. Duh!

Not whining just think better value our there, 65 million would probably get you both Butland and Maguire which would solve 2 problems . I just can't see Alissons quality.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #544: Jul 17, 2018 02:16:29 pm
      Not whining just think better value our there, 65 million would probably get you both Butland and Maguire which would solve 2 problems . I just can't see Alissons quality.

I'm not sure which problem Butland would solve unless the problem is not having enough mediocre English keepers.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #545: Jul 17, 2018 02:18:54 pm

;D! Thats the list you could come up with?? OK understood. Based on the WC, Maguire alone would cost that much and guess Butland has assured you more than Alisson did.

We did this mistake of buying multiples instead of going bang for one player under Rafa.. A LOT (albeit cos of the owners)! I'm glad our boss is NOWHERE like that and has got some incredible backing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #546: Jul 17, 2018 02:19:16 pm

Butland and Maguire are both overrated.

I don't want either.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #548: Jul 17, 2018 02:21:45 pm

I don't know much about Becker. But, this bargain hunting has been our problem for a long time. I would rather have one Suarez or one VvD rather than replace it with the Markovics, Balotellis and Morenos.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #549: Jul 17, 2018 02:24:51 pm

Please please let this be true, and not be rubbished by "Liverpool sources" again. If we can then also get the Fekir deal done then next season promises to be very very interesting indeed and this transfer window must rank as the best one ever.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #550: Jul 17, 2018 02:31:34 pm
      Only a matter of time, I reckon he will be a LFC player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #551: Jul 17, 2018 02:32:05 pm
      I'll be over the moon of we get this deal done.

Finally after all these years a proper no.1

Quick Reply