Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Loris Karius
      19 (15.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (9.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      79 (65.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2018 06:30:59 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33045 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 04, 2018 06:56:41 pm
      A win would have flattered us, but in the end we were robbed of it.  Terrible decisions based on cheating players.  Kane dived and Lamela made sure he got in the position to take knee in the arse and made a meal of a nothing contact that VVD had no way to avoid and no intent.  I don't really blame the lineo as he called it as he saw it but Moss should have carried on waving it away. He had a better view.

We were OK first half, controlled it but wasted so many attacking opportunities with heavy touches and poor decisions.  Tired players?

Second half we looked knackered after the work rate of the first hour, and missed Hendo when he tired, as we lost control and Gini / Ox were ineffective in regaining it.
      I don't think a draw is a bad result necessarily, but we were still robbed of 3 points.  Gutted.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #507: Feb 04, 2018 06:57:49 pm
      If that first pen isn't offside then the rules need seriously changing. Kane blatantly getting an advantage from being offside.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #508: Feb 04, 2018 06:58:19 pm
      Completely gutted, brilliant first half, great tempo and workrate, should have scored more than one, awful second half, sat back and allowed them onto us, completely ran out of legs and gas, and so sloppy when we had the ball, what on earth was Lovren doing on the first penno, pathetic, and second was unfortunate, but once again we SHOULD have seen the game out, 2-1 up with 3 mins to go, typical of LFC, if both pens happened against us we would have been saying they were the correct decisions, win some you lose some, onto the next game I suppose
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #509: Feb 04, 2018 06:59:34 pm
      Something strange when he ignored linesman when he said it was offside but listened to him on the VVD one. Ignored linesman on Salah too.
      I don’t think he did. Linesman said “.....if Lovren didn’t touch the ball it’s offside”

He did touch the ball so it wasn’t.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #510: Feb 04, 2018 06:59:41 pm
      Am I way off here but is it not offside when the ball is put through, I mean wasn't Kane offside before Lovren touches it? surely the flag should go up at that point?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #511: Feb 04, 2018 06:59:46 pm
      Brutal. Penned in for almost the full second half - Salah’s goal was the only time I remember us touching the ball in their box in the second half. Not sure what happened with the penalty decisions as I was over the other side of the pitch, but I don’t like the way the ref seemingly went against the linesman for the first and agreed for the second, both in Spurs favour.

Gutted with the way it ended but chuffed to be here for such a game and managing to see Salah netting twice (the guy is world class).
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #512: Feb 04, 2018 07:00:08 pm
      Just seen a clip of that linesman fist pumping after he convinces the ref to give the second penalty . That’s bizarre and needs looking into
      Kopite78
      Reply #513: Feb 04, 2018 07:00:54 pm
      Just coming away from the ground.
      Can anyone tell me what happened on the pens?
      First looked offside to me?
      Second I've no F***ing idea
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #514: Feb 04, 2018 07:01:26 pm
      Never should have taken Mane off,Took away goal scoring options, and replaced them with the Ox...

Midfield went missing second half, Can more then anyone else...

The Gini/Ox subs should have been for Milner and Can and I would have bought on Matip on for Henderson and have the option to push VVD in front of the back four (The Henderson role) of TAA,Matip,Lovern,Robinson...

Klopp's mistake was not reacting to the position Spurs were having in Midfield quickly enough

It's amazing though the amount of criticism Mane was getting on here throughout the match that all of a sudden he was our only saviour for three points.

I wasn't disappointed with the substitution. It was the players - Gini and Chamberlain - who badly let us down.

And to be honest, I'm getting sick fed up of Gini completely failing to get into games. He doesn't even get into areas where he can challenge for the ball let alone touch the ball. It's as if he's shirking.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #515: Feb 04, 2018 07:01:55 pm
      Lads I'm still F***ing fizzing. Feel completely cheated. Klopp should be able to come out and ridicule that ref however a touchline ban awaits him should he even hint at the obvious clusterfuck of a show that we just watched.

Moss should not be given a wage for his showing tonight and sent packing to the lower league where he can huff and puff his way around until they realise he's not fit to be a ref at any level never mind the highest
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #516: Feb 04, 2018 07:02:02 pm
      We need a striker. Mo is a genius, but  we need to play Firmino where Coutinho played and play proper striker. How about Sturridge.;)

Gina was non existent when he came on and Can was back to his useless self. Our midfield just gave up in the second half.
      Red fox
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #517: Feb 04, 2018 07:02:21 pm
      I was a fair result overall.  We failed to win a game from a winning position again!!!
      We have the fab 3 upfront and no plan B. If one of them doesn't perform or gets injured we are fu##d. It looks to me JK has one way of playing and that's it.....very disappointed by the missed 3 points .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #518: Feb 04, 2018 07:02:21 pm
      Am I way off here but is it not offside when the ball is put through, I mean wasn't Kane offside before Lovren touches it? surely the flag should go up at that point?

No - when Lovren attempts to play the ball it becomes a new phase.

If he’d stuck his hand up and made no attempt to play the ball then it was offside.

I think the rule is pish......but they applied it correctly.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #519: Feb 04, 2018 07:03:02 pm
      https://gyazo.com/f0f62f672a6cd21867a3a91e95310d2d

c**t.
      I hope Spurs go down. F**k all of them. Come on Arsenal!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #520: Feb 04, 2018 07:03:29 pm
      If a ball is passed to an offside player but the defender gets a flick on it then thats offside? Surely that has to be offside?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #521: Feb 04, 2018 07:05:05 pm
      If that first pen isn't offside then the rules need seriously changing. Kane blatantly getting an advantage from being offside.

Not only was it offside but not sure keeper touched him. Farcical. Hope Arsenal hammer them next week.

If a ball is passed to an offside player but the defender gets a flick on it then thats offside? Surely that has to be offside?

Sounds a great tactic for future. Have Salah next to the opposition goalie and at the halfway line try and smash it off a defenders leg. Not offside apparently now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #522: Feb 04, 2018 07:05:05 pm

If he’d stuck his hand up and made no attempt to play the ball then it was offside.

I think the rule is pish......but they applied it correctly.

How is that a new phase? That cannot be the rule. Kane profiting from being offside. Hes gaining an advantage being there. If hes not there then Lovren wouldn't have tried to cut it out. He has to be offside and flagged offside.

If thats not the case then the rule needs changing. Because you should not be profiting from bein offside.

Lovren by the way was awful in that passage of play.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #523: Feb 04, 2018 07:05:36 pm
      I don’t think he did. Linesman said “.....if Lovren didn’t touch the ball it’s offside”

He did touch the ball so it wasn’t.

Doesn't matter if he touched the ball or not though because it wasn't a huge direction change in course?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #524: Feb 04, 2018 07:06:17 pm
      Lads I'm still f**king fizzing. Feel completely cheated. Klopp should be able to come out and ridicule that ref however a touchline ban awaits him should he even hint at the obvious clusterfuck of a show that we just watched.

Moss should not be given a wage for his showing tonight and sent packing to the lower league where he can huff and puff his way around until they realise he's not fit to be a ref at any level never mind the highest

Corrupt decision making aside, to see a referee huffing, puffing and struggling to get around the pitch and keep up with the pace of the game was genuinely one of the most pathetic sights I have seen in football. Embarrassing individual.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #525: Feb 04, 2018 07:06:26 pm
      f***in spurs can F**k right off,cheating diving c**t buckets,moss and his gobs***e tw*t fuckards can also do one, c**t fucks us at city and now this ,just F**k off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #526: Feb 04, 2018 07:06:31 pm

Hmmm, since when? I didn't know this :o
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #527: Feb 04, 2018 07:07:53 pm
      If I was a neutral I'd be saying fair play to the linesman who has done his bit by helping what was quite an inept referee tonight.

Options, plan Bs, yada yada.

Didn't get beat, still in the CL positions, still in the Champions League.

Trying to take positives.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,363 posts | 290 
      Reply #528: Feb 04, 2018 07:08:15 pm
      We need a striker. Mo is a genius, but  we need to play Firmino where Coutinho played and play proper striker. How about Sturridge.;)

Gina was non existent when he came on and Can was back to his useless self. Our midfield just gave up in the second half.

Sturridge hasn't done himself any favours over the last couple of years but I agree with that regarding Firmino and Sturridge.
      Don't understand why he's gone really with our lack of strikers.

Quick Reply