Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Loris Karius
      19 (15.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (9.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      79 (65.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2018 06:30:59 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32543 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Feb 04, 2018 09:46:48 pm
      Concerning the first pen, lets say a computer system was reffing the game... the whistle gets blown here...

It doesn't matter what happens between that moment and it getting to Kane, he's already offside and it should be called before Lovren can even touch it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #645: Feb 04, 2018 09:47:14 pm

Looking at the two Penalties after the game the officials probably got them both right, what irks me every small decision he gave to Spurs, two bookings for us for nothing decisions same tackles from Spurs players no bookings

Neither is a penalty...the first,  I'd have been mad if it had been us and we'd not got it...but it's still debatable....should have been offside anyway. The second...never a penalty in a hundred years and I'd have felt bad had we won on something like that.
      Noctorum4ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #646: Feb 04, 2018 09:53:25 pm
      My criticism today is with Klopp. Looked like he sat back on a one nil lead at h/t after a good first half! Really??
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #647: Feb 04, 2018 09:55:35 pm
      We're run out of steam earlier than we normall do, and Klopp recognised it with his early subs. Just feels like we we robbed so disappointing

We were misfiring in the first half and were even worse after the break. On another day we would've easily lost that game. We sat deep throughout the second half, gave the ball away repeatedly. We played like the away side, not far off parking the bus.

Mane is looking very average, Firmino was poor as well. Salah got MOTM but apart from the goals he had a poor game, albeit mostly because we defended deep. Missed an opportunity and it can be clearly seen that if we are to keep Spurs out of the top 4 we will have to improve and quickly.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #648: Feb 04, 2018 09:58:38 pm
      My criticism today is with Klopp. Looked like he sat back on a one nil lead at h/t after a good first half! Really??

I just think we run out of steam, more than half the team we're dead on there feet, Klopp recognised this with an unusuall 2 early substitutions
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #649: Feb 04, 2018 10:01:13 pm

We were probably tired, and we don't have the midfield players to control it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #650: Feb 04, 2018 10:09:03 pm

Spurs played well in the 2nd half, while we ran out of gas, that's just how the game went.
      Why we ran out of steam so much compared to them, I'm a bit surprised.
      But don't think it was Klopp deciding to sit back.

Anyway .. at the end of the day, we were a goal up with minutes to go and the plonker ref awarded a peno, that was NOT a peno.

So, we got done :(

Think Klopp needs to figure out how to keep the lads fresh, but apart from that, no complaints against the manager today..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #651: Feb 04, 2018 10:12:23 pm
      And if Ox had played like he's played most of the season you'd not be complaining. You're basing this on hindsight. At the time it was the right call to make.
      Mate sorry to say the difference between me and you is that I think that he has played poor most of the season... yes he as score a few goals but I have never rated him. Benteke scored a few and guess what I didn't rate him either... And as for taking off Mane for The Ox, said it at the time that it was a bad substitution so no hindsight there
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #652: Feb 04, 2018 10:15:35 pm
      I thought the subs were the right thing to do, just that the players who come on didn't really affect the game
      Harrisimo

• 8,395 posts | 1423 
      Reply #653: Feb 04, 2018 10:20:51 pm
      How the hell did we run out of gas...Klopp has rotated to prevent that. So NOoo we did not run out of gas. Spurs kept us penned in our own half and Klopp wasn't confident enough to get the message over to get higher.

Even with VVD in there Klopp knew Spurs would go past us and put us away if we attacked high. We are lacking in confidence going forward believe it or not. We were poor and lucky to get a point. Thanks to Salah we nearly robbed Spurs.

One or two poor decisions but overall we blew a chance to go 5points clear.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #654: Feb 04, 2018 10:21:39 pm
      Bobby and Henderson were the guys who seemed tired to me. Mane didn't seem so much tired, in fact his work rate was quite good in this match and he tackled back well and gave us some effective running down the wing.. I didn't think he was poor, but he is not quite back to last year's standard.

Our midfield overall needs to be better. This will have to be the #1 priority for Jürgen in the summer, although obviously Keita is a big addition in that area.

But it wasn't right what happened to us at the end. Regardless of how Spurs turned the game in the 2nd half, this was a miscarriage of justice at the end, both the decision and the manner in which it was awarded.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #655: Feb 04, 2018 10:22:20 pm
      Sickening to see how close we came to winning the game
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #656: Feb 04, 2018 10:25:45 pm
      We were robbed of 3 points we could have score 4 goals they were goiing to get the penalties or whatever it took them two dodgy officials to not let Spurs walk away with nothing.

People can say what they want about the second half.  The game I saw it took us 3 minutes to score our first goal.  Then we sat back and countered them for 80 odd minutes.   First half were creating good moments better use of the situations we got into and we would have had more goals.   But when they scored from a lucky goal, great goal but that Wanyama is the sort of player when he shoots it goes out for a throwing.   Then the refs get on a mission for them to get the full points decision 1 no penalty he is off side, Kane dives, the refs don't even no if Lovren had touched it never mind if he was off side when the contact was made, because it was a flick not a back pass. 

And not only giving them 2 penalties, but like FL reds has said in the refs book Davies should got red card for kicking salah in the head or does that rule like the pen only apply to Liverpool FC.
      Anyway it took us 3 minutes to get ahead for the first one and about 5 minutes to score the second one when we needed to score the goal.  Pochitino can say what he wants but his team huffed and puffed all game got lucky to score never mind get a result.  It took us a few minutes get the lead both times.  The corrupt officials new that.  Which is probably the reason when they got their second penalty the guy had the whistle in his mouth knowing that these lot don't need long to score another goal.   

Noctorum4ever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #657: Feb 04, 2018 10:30:20 pm
      I think Mane is class.
      I think Henderson is sh*te.
      Can’t believe the players we have who could be bossing games and we play JH who doesn’t even F***ing run properly!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #658: Feb 04, 2018 10:33:31 pm
      I think Mane is class.
      Can’t believe the players we have who could be bossing games and we play JH who doesn’t even f**king run properly!

Who are these players we have who could be bossing games?

I must be F***ing missing something, here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #659: Feb 04, 2018 10:37:24 pm
      Manc? I’m Wirral born and bred and hate ManUre. I’m a realist. Jamie Carragher agreed they were both pens FFS! 2nd half - we were average

NEBB in the house.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #660: Feb 04, 2018 10:37:33 pm
      I think Mane is class.
      Can’t believe the players we have who could be bossing games and we play JH who doesn’t even f**king run properly!

Oh piss off you utter bollocksmith.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #661: Feb 04, 2018 10:38:58 pm
      If Lovren touched it hes onside whats worrying is the footage and the ref does not know if he touched it so he surely cant give it

Yep
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #662: Feb 04, 2018 10:39:28 pm
      What was said to our REDS at half time that made them change the way we played in the first half.I know the REF and linesman were sh*te but we should not have allowed Spurs to dominate the second half like they did.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #663: Feb 04, 2018 10:39:37 pm
      If the FA make no statement they don't care about the integrity of the game....

So I expect no statement. Hope someone slaps the chips out of fat cu*ts hands tonight. I feel utterly cheated, it is not good enough to say 'these things level out over the season'. Don't care how slow it it, VAR is a must to stop them incompetent fucks ruining football.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #664: Feb 04, 2018 10:44:55 pm
      First time in a long time I was proud of our defensive display we gave them very little they had their best players out and they have some very good attacking players.  It was an awesome performance by the Karius and the defence. Salah was better than all their attacking players put together.  We did lose the midfield battle though.  Can't win everything.   The defence though was brilliant and it wasn't their fault that the officials were making their rules up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #665: Feb 04, 2018 11:07:25 pm

Every match we don't win there's at least one new one on here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #666: Feb 04, 2018 11:13:15 pm

fyi - personal gripe here I guess - but on the American comms, Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux are going on about whether it is a penalty and you can hear the sound from the referees having their conference...only you can't hear it because they wouldn't shut up when it would have been better for them to listen to what was being said and picked up by the hand-held camera. Glad for those of you who posted it on here. Comms need to recognize the value of silence once in a while.

I could hear the AR a lot better than the Center, but does the Center actually say something like "this is taking too long?" Also, does it sound like they are talking to someone else in the head set? (would that be the 4th, then?).

Quick Reply