Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Loris Karius
      19 (15.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (9.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      79 (65.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2018 06:30:59 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31797 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Feb 05, 2018 09:47:33 pm
      Chelsea defending like the Chelsea before Abram bought the club.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #737: Feb 05, 2018 09:49:34 pm
      Chelsea defending like the Chelsea before Abram bought the club.

Chelsea not bothering...to defend...4-1..
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #738: Feb 05, 2018 09:51:36 pm
      Dropped 4 points really...3 pts lost plus 1 point for Goal diff....nice one Conteh..
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #739: Feb 05, 2018 09:55:23 pm
      Chelsea players trying to get another manager sacked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #740: Feb 05, 2018 09:55:39 pm
      Looking for answers there, from another pair of eyes. But we cannot be sure what was told to him. He just gave the pen after that. Question is whether he is allowed to ask another official.

Referees association confirms in statement he shouldn't have asked about TV. Also says Atkinson said nothing and didn't look at a monitor.

I think it's pretty well established he's not a good referee, but it's the 2nd award that was especially egregious. The victory was stolen from us.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #741: Feb 06, 2018 03:23:35 pm
      Moss should be relegated to the championship at the very least.

He should be jailed. There is so much controversy and unanswered questions that only point to one thing. He, the useless linesman and the FA are corrupted to the core.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #742: Feb 06, 2018 05:16:10 pm
      The officiating for the game was shocking and there should be a full investigation for potential match fixing in my opinion, but lets not make any mistake; Klopp reverting to 3 center backs with 15 minutes to go and no legs left in the midfield, was asking for trouble.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,036 posts | 334 
      Reply #743: Feb 06, 2018 06:15:34 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6iS5V0t8x4

Lamela's theatrics.  From the replay angle you can clearly see there's nothing in it. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #744: Feb 06, 2018 08:09:26 pm
      Quote from 5timesacharm
      I'm still livid beyond words. I can't ever remember being quite so angry over a game of footy as I am over this, to the point that my head's still spinning so I might ramble a bit. Forgive me if I do. First of all let's get the Elephant in the room out of the way. It was not a penalty. Neither of them were. First was offside, second was not a foul in a month of Sundays. That's not with the benefit of close up camera shots either, it didn't look remotely like a penalty.

The worst ref decision I ever saw at one of our games, was the handball at the Chelsea game in 2005. No, not that one, the league game on 1 January. 0-0, clear handball in the box, ref Riley sees it, about to blow for a penalty, but for reasons best known to himself, he doesn't award it. He spends the remainder of the half giving us free kicks that they should have got. Carra scores another og after half time, and it's game over. Nothing will beat that, not even this. At least we got a point in this one.

The challenge is still a foul, but we don't have VAR of course. If we had, the penalty would not have been given because of the offside in the build up. That word "if" again.

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Unless you're a disciple of these cringeworthy 'banter' accounts on twitter or are a mouthy dribbling pundit perve like Paul Merson I have yet to see anything wrong with what Klopp did there.

He did nothing wrong, except upset English football culture. It just isn't done. You have to shake the opposition coach/players hand you've spent all 90 minutes trying to beat, but you can't walk celebrate with your own fans after it, in case you would be labelled "disrespectful" to the opposition.

Huddersfield do it nowadays. But nobody cares about Huddersfield except people from Huddersfield.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      So the ref essentially overrules the linesman on the first penalty, despite having no clue.
      Then when he confidently waves play on, he goes back and takes the linesmans word for it on the 2nd, who was further away and had failed to notice the offside in the build up to the 2nd one.
      F***ing shambolic and a disgrace, it’s no wonder the officials got no respect, they made themselves look like a bunch of amateurs yesterday.

They always do take the linesman's word for it when they flag up. I'm not questioning the challenge itself, but maybe if he raised his flag when he should have instead of when he did, he would have seen the offside which would render what followed immaterial.

That word "if" again. You don't see it in other sports for some reason.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #745: Feb 06, 2018 08:18:32 pm
      The worst ref decision I ever saw at one of our games, was the handball at the Chelsea game in 2005. No, not that one, the league game on 1 January. 0-0, clear handball in the box, ref Riley sees it, about to blow for a penalty, but for reasons best known to himself, he doesn't award it. He spends the remainder of the half giving us free kicks that they should have got. Carra scores another og after half time, and it's game over. Nothing will beat that, not even this. At least we got a point in this one.

The challenge is still a foul, but we don't have VAR of course. If we had, the penalty would not have been given because of the offside in the build up. That word "if" again.

He did nothing wrong, except upset English football culture. It just isn't done. You have to shake the opposition coach/players hand you've spent all 90 minutes trying to beat, but you can't walk celebrate with your own fans after it, in case you would be labelled "disrespectful" to the opposition.

Huddersfield do it nowadays. But nobody cares about Huddersfield except people from Huddersfield.

They always do take the linesman's word for it when they flag up. I'm not questioning the challenge itself, but maybe if he raised his flag when he should have instead of when he did, he would have seen the offside which would render what followed immaterial.

That word "if" again. You don't see it in other sports for some reason.

I remember that performance by Riley (although wasn't it Joe Cole who got the winner?). As you note, tt was truly one of the worst refereeing displays we've ever been subjected to. I was listening to it on the radio and I think I recall something like three genuine penalties from us waved away by that gimp. It's as if Riley had accepted a bung from Mourinho that day or something. I wouldn't be surprised.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 08:23:49 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #746: Feb 06, 2018 11:10:58 pm
        :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #747: Feb 06, 2018 11:33:44 pm
      F**k me Pochettino is a massive c**t. Hope he's kept his Thursday nights free for next season.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #748: Feb 07, 2018 12:07:40 am
      Sly Sports have clearly sided with Pochettino and his bunch of divers. This is personal now. Come up here with your bunch of cheats, Pochettino...I hope yer get a septic toe....and it keeps yer awake for weeks...yer creep.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #749: Feb 07, 2018 07:21:01 pm
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-newport-fa-cup-mauricio-pochettino-dele-alli-diving-killing-the-game-a8197946.html

When you see that from Pochettino is it any wonder they're such a shower of diving gits.

Surprised at Pochettino, gone down massively in my estimation.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #750: Feb 07, 2018 08:29:25 pm
      I presume the Alli dive that the ref gave a yellow for is the punishment not a 2 game ban for deception even tho' we're trying to rid that from the game let alone the other two dives
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #751: Feb 07, 2018 08:39:16 pm
      I see the Moss & Smart double act are back on Merseyside this weekend for the blueshite v palace, it's a must watch can't wait to see what they conjure up next at least it has no bearing on us
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #752: Feb 07, 2018 08:52:12 pm
      Credit to Van Dijk for his performance in this game. This guy is a beast in the air, he wins literally everything, and his organization and positioning is foray class.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #753: Feb 07, 2018 10:25:36 pm
      Avoided all discussion because i'm too angry but i just came to give TAA my MOTM and now i'll F**k off again until Monday morn.

F**k you John Moss you wet flap.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #754: Feb 07, 2018 11:25:41 pm
      I see the Moss & Smart double act are back on Merseyside this weekend for the blueshite v palace, it's a must watch can't wait to see what they conjure up next at least it has no bearing on us

Jon Moss & Ed Smart. The worst double act since Rose and Fred West.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #755: Feb 08, 2018 01:52:25 am
      Almost overlooked because of the idiot ref and the Spurs cheating, was the two great goals by Mo Salah, especially the second goal. He was surrounded by them, how he managed to get thru is a mystery. He disappears from view for a split second, then reappears, jinks , drops his shoulder...then hey presto he's one on one with the keeper..with half a dozen Spurs players totally frozen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GyVKYWDgk

What a goal..

siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #756: Feb 08, 2018 02:23:21 am
      watched that goal probably 30 times already. Gotta be my favorite LFC goal since Suarez era.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #757: Feb 08, 2018 12:41:28 pm
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-newport-fa-cup-mauricio-pochettino-dele-alli-diving-killing-the-game-a8197946.html

When you see that from Pochettino is it any wonder they're such a shower of diving gits.

Surprised at Pochettino, gone down massively in my estimation.

He is bringing the game into disrepute by those comments and should be dragged in front of the FA, but of course he won't be.  It is absolutely astonishing to have someone in his position admit to admiring cheating as a "tactic" and encouraging it, WOW!!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #758: Feb 08, 2018 12:54:47 pm
      Pochettino has really gone down in my estimates. :( Here I was thinking is one of the better ones out there but no.

Actually, he had no need to say any of those things he said. Now, I hope they finish 6th on fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuki ng goal difference with Arsenal being 5th.

Quick Reply