Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty

Read 18609 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty
      Reply #115: Feb 05, 2018 09:13:12 pm
      There was no confirmation from the 4th official over the decision. They’ve taken it into their own hands, which is wrong on every level...

Wrong how they got there but still not actually offside.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #116: Feb 05, 2018 10:51:55 pm
      I don't go along with the theory that Ass Ref Smart didn't mean the fist pump as a celebration. The officials know the score. They know full well any sign of self congratulation could be misinterpreted. Smart meant it as celebration of Spurs getting a penelty.

And all this bollocks about Kane feeling a touch then he is entitled to go down is absolute bullshit. Kane DIVED simple as. If a player is entitled to go down every time he feels a touch then the game will end in a farce. Kane cheated.Gary Neville called it right for once. As soon as Kane went down Neville said " It's a dive".

Liverpool players dive,United players dive, Spurs players dive...fact. What pisses me off is not when they lie about diving...they all do that...it's the stinking hypocritical blatantly biased football media. Kane cheated and got away with it, because of media bias.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #117: Feb 06, 2018 12:29:26 am
      I don't go along with the theory that Ass Ref Smart didn't mean the fist pump as a celebration. The officials know the score. They know full well any sign of self congratulation could be misinterpreted. Smart meant it as celebration of Spurs getting a penelty.

And all this bollocks about Kane feeling a touch then he is entitled to go down is absolute bullshit. Kane DIVED simple as. If a player is entitled to go down every time he feels a touch then the game will end in a farce. Kane cheated.Gary Neville called it right for once. As soon as Kane went down Neville said " It's a dive".

Liverpool players dive,United players dive, Spurs players dive...fact. What pisses me off is not when they lie about diving...they all do that...it's the stinking hypocritical blatantly biased football media. Kane cheated and got away with it, because of media bias.
      My theory is he supports one of the following teams;

Chelsea
      Spurs
      Arsenal
      United
      Everton
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #118: Feb 06, 2018 01:37:22 am
      Liverpool players dive,United players dive, Spurs players dive...fact.

In that game for pens, Dele Alli dived, Harry Kane dived, and Erik Lamela dived/fell over like a sack of sh*te.

They are a team of bullshitters and I hope either Chelsea or Arsenal or Burnley or Leicester finish above them in the top four.  They are rapidily becoming my most despised spivs in the league.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #119: Feb 06, 2018 01:50:22 am
      Contact does not automatically equal a foul and it should be no different in the penalty area. In fact, watch what goes on in the area during any corner kick and you'll realize that contact does not equal a foul.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #120: Feb 06, 2018 02:44:44 am
      So that is 6 points the FA have robbed us of this season.

2 points@ Watford with their last minute equalizer clearly offside.
      2 points against the blue sh*te with the Lovren penalty
      2 points against the other night.

Should be sitting in second 1 point ahead of the Mancs.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #121: Feb 06, 2018 07:08:33 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Contact does not automatically equal a foul and it should be no different in the penalty area. In fact, watch what goes on in the area during any corner kick and you'll realize that contact does not equal a foul.

Pushing, shoving, and shirt pulling at corners, are all fouls that are punished if the ref does the job he's supposed to do. Sometimes he does, usually against the attacking side, but the rules of the sport don't change inside the penalty area. Fouls outside the box are also fouls inside the box. VAR will soon put a stop to all that, and players will soon learn they can't get away with it like they used to. Such fouls will be punished and you'll see more penalties given, as they should be. We got a preview of what is to come, in our game last week.

Games have been reviewed for simulation issues, and bans have been handed out. Not very many mind, because the verdict has to be unanimous on the panel for a ban to be issued, but it's the only way it can be dealt with until VAR comes in, and tackles the issue there and then, on the spot.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #122: Feb 06, 2018 09:56:30 am
      Surely we can't just let this go. At best it was incompetence at worst a disgraceful case of bias.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,004 posts | 521 
      Reply #123: Feb 06, 2018 10:08:27 am
      After seeing transcript, I figure perhaps the fist pump was in response to a late confirmation from Tyler that Lovren indeed touched the ball?

"PGMOL denied Atkinson had viewed television footage or relayed any information about the incident to the on-field officials amid accusations on social media he had watched a pitchside monitor near Geoff Shreeves, who was covering the match for Sky Sports.

Shreeves told The Telegraph on Monday it would have been “impossible” for Atkinson to have sight of the monitor."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/05/referee-jon-moss-misguided-ask-tv-help-awarding-penalty/
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,004 posts | 521 
      Reply #124: Feb 06, 2018 10:18:51 am
      On my earlier post about how diving has become acceptable, here is Harry Kane -

Kane said: "I felt contact and I went down. I'm not going to jump out of the way because it's football."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42942808

This is what I'm talking about. The fact he even feels its ok to come out and say that. That's his defence against an accusation of diving. There is now a general acceptance that if you are touched and you go down it's not a dive. He won't even be criticised for making that defence.

People need to remember that it is only in the last decade that this has become the norm. It used to be people would say "he could have stayed on his feet, so no penalty".  That used to be the norm. We seem to have developed some idea that this wouldn't be enforceable or something. But it actually was the way refs and everybody else interpreted the rules up until very recently.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #125: Feb 06, 2018 12:00:07 pm
      So that is 6 points the FA have robbed us of this season.

2 points@ Watford with their last minute equalizer clearly offside.
      2 points against the blue sh*te with the Lovren penalty
      2 points against the other night.

Should be sitting in second 1 point ahead of the Mancs.

I'm sure most teams have had bad calls against them, you could equally say we were lucky with the Lallana penalty and a couple of Salah's goals have been slightly offside I think.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #126: Feb 06, 2018 12:07:53 pm
      On my earlier post about how diving has become acceptable, here is Harry Kane -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42942808

This is what I'm talking about. The fact he even feels its ok to come out and say that. That's his defence against an accusation of diving. There is now a general acceptance that if you are touched and you go down it's not a dive. He won't even be criticised for making that defence.

People need to remember that it is only in the last decade that this has become the norm. It used to be people would say "he could have stayed on his feet, so no penalty".  That used to be the norm. We seem to have developed some idea that this wouldn't be enforceable or something. But it actually was the way refs and everybody else interpreted the rules up until very recently.

They have to go back to this, I saw a picture of Kane flying like Superman 2 metres beyond Karius and still 1 metre in the air, how on earth is that as a result of contact? If the Keeper really caught him then Kane would have landed with his chest in the ground right by Karius as Karius would have stopped Kane's forward momentum. This is basic F***ing physics and its so easy to spot these dives. Football needs to go back to being a contact sport even if that means the players wear more padding on their legs for example.
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #127: Feb 06, 2018 12:15:06 pm
      My theory is he supports one of the following teams;

Chelsea
      Spurs
      Arsenal
      United
      Everton

If that's right then we have a maniac on the loose..

But my theory is Ass.Ref Smart hates us..as do all Refs and Ass.Refs, as does the entire football media...God as well, he's got it in for us..
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #128: Feb 06, 2018 12:25:59 pm
      Before the season the FA gave out all kinds of bollocks about divers not being nabbed by the Ref will be done retrospectively . Blatantly obvious Kane dived. There may well have been slight contact but nowhere near enough to cause him to lurch forward like a falling lamp post.

All teams have players that dive every now and then. It's the stinking hypocrisy of the media and the FA that narks me.

Football is a contact sport....or it used to be...now it's..." if you touch me, I'll fall over.."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #129: Feb 06, 2018 12:29:43 pm
      Look at how much Bobby gets fouled and stays up and they never get called. That’s why people dive. It’s not right but if the officials would do their damn job and call ALL fouls, maybe players wouldn’t think or be taught that they have to dive to get a call.
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #130: Feb 06, 2018 12:41:44 pm
      Look at how much Bobby gets fouled and stays up and they never get called. That’s why people dive. It’s not right but if the officials would do their damn job and call ALL fouls, maybe players wouldn’t think or be taught that they have to dive to get a call.

That's ridiculous...Klopp should hire Greg Louganis as our diving coach.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #131: Feb 06, 2018 12:56:51 pm

It's all about consistency, a one Spuds player gets booked for diving in the area and it's as if the ref decides he's made a stance and that's it.
      The F***ing play-acting off so called professional footballers was ridiculous and the pantomime with the officials draws comparison, que some complete bollox from the FA.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #132: Feb 06, 2018 01:02:36 pm
      Pushing, shoving, and shirt pulling at corners, are all fouls that are punished if the ref does the job he's supposed to do. Sometimes he does, usually against the attacking side, but the rules of the sport don't change inside the penalty area. Fouls outside the box are also fouls inside the box. VAR will soon put a stop to all that, and players will soon learn they can't get away with it like they used to. Such fouls will be punished and you'll see more penalties given, as they should be. We got a preview of what is to come, in our game last week.

Games have been reviewed for simulation issues, and bans have been handed out. Not very many mind, because the verdict has to be unanimous on the panel for a ban to be issued, but it's the only way it can be dealt with until VAR comes in, and tackles the issue there and then, on the spot.

To get the results from VAR that you are predicting, don't you think there has to be a culture change in the game as well? Something about rewarding skill more and tolerating cynicism less?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #133: Feb 06, 2018 01:11:44 pm
      Moss ''misguided'' to ask for TV help in penalty decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42943628
      Harrisimo

• 8,217 posts | 1386 
      Reply #134: Feb 06, 2018 01:28:13 pm
      This VAR thing could cause mayhem in the game if it's used everytime there's a shuve or a push. One apeall per half and obviously only the captain can make that call. If the apeall is upheld then you still have one apeall left or something that restricks apealls all over the place.

With Kane dive, it's would be difficult for the VAR assessor to judge how much contact would make a player lose his balance. Salah, for instance, relies on balance as he skips over the ground, so it wouldn't take much to knock him off balance.

While we all insist Kane dived, myself included, an assessor might say any contact at a players boots, when that player is running at full speed could easily cause that player to lose balance and lose any chance of an attempt on goal.

So the VAR thing obviously isn't always going to be an open and shut case. That's why it is imperative that if there is resonable doubt...then the assessor should give the decision in favour of the doubt, whatever the case maybe, defense or attack.

With the Kane penalty....mmmm..
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 01:37:50 pm by Harrisimo »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #135: Feb 06, 2018 05:50:02 pm
      This VAR thing could cause mayhem in the game if it's used everytime there's a shuve or a push. One apeall per half and obviously only the captain can make that call. If the apeall is upheld then you still have one apeall left or something that restricks apealls all over the place.

With Kane dive, it's would be difficult for the VAR assessor to judge how much contact would make a player lose his balance. Salah, for instance, relies on balance as he skips over the ground, so it wouldn't take much to knock him off balance.

While we all insist Kane dived, myself included, an assessor might say any contact at a players boots, when that player is running at full speed could easily cause that player to lose balance and lose any chance of an attempt on goal.

So the VAR thing obviously isn't always going to be an open and shut case. That's why it is imperative that if there is resonable doubt...then the assessor should give the decision in favour of the doubt, whatever the case maybe, defense or attack.

With the Kane penalty....mmmm..

Of course its not always going to be an open and shut case.  But it would make players think twice about diving if they knew the opposition would call for a TV review, that the whole stadium would see it from several angles, and being judged a diver would mean an instant red card and a walk of shame.  Managers would not tolerate losing a key striker for 3 games and would demand their players stay upright.

I can see that there would be doubt in some assessor's minds about the Kane dive, for the reasons you state, but it would gradually erode at the current culture of (in Kane's words ) 'I felt contact..so I went down. It's football.'  If someone brushes past my old mam in a busy street she'll feel contact but it doesn't mean she'll fall over.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #136: Feb 06, 2018 07:18:09 pm
      Of course its not always going to be an open and shut case.  But it would make players think twice about diving if they knew the opposition would call for a TV review, that the whole stadium would see it from several angles, and being judged a diver would mean an instant red card and a walk of shame.  Managers would not tolerate losing a key striker for 3 games and would demand their players stay upright.

I can see that there would be doubt in some assessor's minds about the Kane dive, for the reasons you state, but it would gradually erode at the current culture of (in Kane's words ) 'I felt contact..so I went down. It's football.'  If someone brushes past my old mam in a busy street she'll feel contact but it doesn't mean she'll fall over.

Well said, managers would indeed be miffed if a player was sent off for diving, most importantly it would discourage certain managers from encouraging  players to use that tactic, that does appear to be the case when players in numbers, fall about in the area like they've been F***ing shot.
      ormskirkred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #137: Feb 06, 2018 08:06:25 pm
      That's a first.... Should relegate him to div 3.....

Quick Reply