Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Loris Karius
      24 (24.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      18 (18.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      13 (13.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      38 (38.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Feb 15, 2018 06:25:18 pm

Southampton 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19479 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Southampton 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Feb 13, 2018 08:46:07 pm
      Thought it was a strange game great start, then Southampton came back into it, we seemed th give the ball away a lot, but then looked quite solid at the back
      Kopite78
      Reply #392: Feb 13, 2018 09:46:23 pm
      Bit late I know!! However just "flicked" back a little way to some stats on amount of pages received post match.
      Swansea    lost  pages 22

W/Brom     lost      "     26

Hudds        Won     "     11

Spurs         Draw    "     26

S'ton          Won     "     13.

Mmm !! Seems our followers seem to prefer to whinge/moan than praise the team?
      Answers on a post card please.

I don’t think that’s the case really

I think a loss brings the moaners out who in turn bring the more level headed fans out who then debate against the negative fans

After wins the level headed fans post but the negative not so much and even if they do there’s nothing to defend/debate/argue so therefore less pages after a win

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #393: Feb 14, 2018 10:46:07 am
      Bit late I know!! However just "flicked" back a little way to some stats on amount of pages received post match.
      Swansea    lost  pages 22

W/Brom     lost      "     26

Hudds        Won     "     11

Spurs         Draw    "     26

S'ton          Won     "     13.

Mmm !! Seems our followers seem to prefer to whinge/moan than praise the team?
      Answers on a post card please.

So, where were you when we were winging Joey? We missed you. ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #394: Feb 14, 2018 05:05:31 pm
      I think a lot of members post multiple times trying to analyse the poor results, then reply to  other posters who deride their take on it,  while often they just enter one post of jubilation when we win.
      A big percentage of the posts following a loss, are  statements like ' I see the moaners are out again in force'... and have nothing to do with the match.
      I don't say too much after a good win, but I admit to having a bash when we lose due to lack of effort, or what looks like crazy subs etc.
      I don't say too much if were beaten fairly and squarely, but had a few pops at the officials after the spuds debacle.
      Its not always more posts to slate the side, but often more questions and replies.
      I'm expecting tonight, I won't need to say very much    :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #395: Feb 14, 2018 06:58:12 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      I think a loss brings the moaners out who in turn bring the more level headed fans out who then debate against the negative fans

After wins the level headed fans post but the negative not so much and even if they do there’s nothing to defend/debate/argue so therefore less pages after a win

We know that's the case.

What upsets people, me included, is newbies/knee jerkers/time wasters with very few or alternatively no posts, coming here not to criticise but tell us Armageddon is nigh, just for getting a draw, let alone losing a game.

Look at the response to the recent Arsenal game. Nobody said it was a great game. Nobody said it was great that we went there and got a result. No, to them it was terrible that we went to Arsenal and "only" got a point. Ditto Seville away. Yes sure we wanted more, probably should have got more, but if you offered most of us a draw beforehand, we would have taken it. So we got what we went there for. Problem?

One regular poster recently posted that we had a disasterous January. We took 9 points from 12. And that it was the same in January last year. We lost one game against the same opposition, and a couple of draws. It's not the end of the world. Every side in the league wants to win every game, but sometimes you just have to take a point and move on. We lose very few games, and we're in a very good place atm. If you can't see that, you need to wake up.

Quick Reply