Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 246807 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,418 posts | 801 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1978: Jan 21, 2024 11:15:54 am
      Nothing but a sanctimonious pr**k was a fck shithouse of a ref , and itā€™s Little wonder var is in such a shocking state with this c**t as its figurehead
      I'm no fan of the guy but...you could argue that it would have been more shithousery to defend the original call....at least he agreed it should have been a penalty and that VAR made an error.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1979: Jan 21, 2024 12:36:05 pm
      I'm no fan of the guy but...you could argue that it would have been more shithousery to defend the original call....at least he agreed it should have been a penalty and that VAR made an error.

He didnā€™t have a choice did he every man and his dog knew it was a pen except the ones under his watch
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1980: Jan 21, 2024 12:37:10 pm

Nah not really 🤣
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,418 posts | 801 
      Reply #1981: Jan 21, 2024 01:14:49 pm
      He didnā€™t have a choice did he every man and his dog knew it was a pen except the ones under his watch
      He, and we always have a choice. I imagine all LFC supporters (and their dogs) thought it was a pen....and all Arsenal fans (and their dogs) thought that the referee and VAR officials got it spot on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1982: Jan 21, 2024 01:27:19 pm
      He, and we always have a choice. I imagine all LFC supporters (and their dogs) thought it was a pen....and all Arsenal fans (and their dogs) thought that the referee and VAR officials got it spot on.
      Well Iā€™ve got a few friends who are arsenal fans and they all thought it was a pen so no they didnā€™t all think they got it spot on they thought as most thought they dropped a bollock again
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,418 posts | 801 
      Reply #1983: Jan 21, 2024 02:06:49 pm
      Well Iā€™ve got a few friends who are arsenal fans and they all thought it was a pen so no they didnā€™t all think they got it spot on they thought as most thought they dropped a bollock again
      Well....In keeping with the short trousered childish nature of our confab....I've got a few mates who are Panathanikos fans and they don't know what to think.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1984: Jan 21, 2024 04:14:32 pm
      Well....In keeping with the short trousered childish nature of our confab....I've got a few mates who are Panathanikos fans and they don't know what to think.

Hadnā€™t realised they were in the prem , pretty irrelevant you might have short trousers, but itā€™s pretty cold where I am
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #1985: Jan 21, 2024 05:25:20 pm
      He, and we always have a choice. I imagine all LFC supporters (and their dogs) thought it was a pen....and all Arsenal fans (and their dogs)

You do realise that we are on a Liverpool forum not Arsenal.  The vast overwhelming majority of us don't give a toss what Arsenal think.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,418 posts | 801 
      Reply #1986: Jan 21, 2024 10:42:26 pm
      You do realise that we are on a Liverpool forum not Arsenal.  The vast overwhelming majority of us don't give a toss what Arsenal think.
      I made those comments in answer to the a post which said, apart from the officials of the game against Arsenal, "Everybody else thought it was a penalty"....I mention Arsenal fans only to prove that it can't have been everybody...If you get my drift
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #1987: Jan 22, 2024 04:59:02 am
      More clear and obvious errors around here.

I would worry if people like you were in charge of matches, where blatant errors would still be allowed to go unchecked, let alone corrected.

There were 100+ injustices on the pitch corrected by VAR last season, an average of 3 per week, some of them in our favour, such as getting the penalty at Bournemouth. That's 100+ possible controversies avoided. That proves the system works.

Of course, (this is quietly forgotten about from the other week) the penalty still has to be scored. But as it wasn't, we lost the game.

Okay liar. We all know you said VAR would lead to zero errors though. But now there are errors every week, acknowledged by yourself.

Keep lying if it makes you happy to try be right on an internet forum though. Odd individual.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #1988: Jan 24, 2024 12:43:12 pm
      I made those comments in answer to the a post which said, apart from the officials of the game against Arsenal, "Everybody else thought it was a penalty"....I mention Arsenal fans only to prove that it can't have been everybody...If you get my drift

Being pedantic you mean!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1989: Jan 24, 2024 01:13:41 pm

Can you spell that please.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #1990: Jan 24, 2024 02:05:51 pm

Don't try sarcasm on me champ :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1991: Jan 24, 2024 04:01:38 pm

Keeping you on your toes la  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1992: Feb 12, 2024 12:53:46 pm
      Just been watching the Luton v Sheffield United games and the two penalties awarded for hand ball. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Not sure Iā€™ll ever get my head round what is handball anymore. Apart from that silly kunt across the water do you think they were penalties?
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 787 posts | 133 
      Reply #1993: Feb 24, 2024 04:01:33 pm
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 787 posts | 133 
      Reply #1994: Feb 24, 2024 04:01:56 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1995: Feb 25, 2024 06:56:58 pm
      Iā€™ve looked up the goal given technical offside for VVD goal and still confused. 🤔 Can anyone enlighten me?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #1996: Feb 25, 2024 07:19:44 pm
      Iā€™ve looked up the goal given technical offside for VVD goal and still confused. 🤔 Can anyone enlighten me?

It's the block by Endo on Colwill, technically where he's standing when the ball is struck makes him offside, cos he's involved in blocking off Colwill making him active or something.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1997: Feb 25, 2024 07:21:43 pm
      It's the block by Endo on Colwill, technically where he's standing when the ball is struck makes him offside, cos he's involved in blocking off Colwill making him active or something.

Yeah I heard all that but doesnā€™t that happen often.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #1998: Feb 25, 2024 07:26:26 pm
      Yeah I heard all that but doesnā€™t that happen often.

Yeah but it's basically Endo's starting position when the ball is struck, draw the lines and all the bollocks and he's offside, watch another, not that you'll want to rewatch it much, but Endo is just slightly ahead of Chelsea defensive line, doesn't move just sort of block's Colwill.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,174 posts | 2747 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1999: Feb 25, 2024 07:35:09 pm
      Yeah but it's basically Endo's starting position when the ball is struck, draw the lines and all the bollocks and he's offside, watch another, not that you'll want to rewatch it much, but Endo is just slightly ahead of Chelsea defensive line, doesn't move just sort of block's Colwill.

Got it, so it wasnā€™t corrupt like the corrupt thread suggest.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2000: Feb 25, 2024 08:29:20 pm
      Liverpool received I think 6 yellow cards today not a bad foul amongst them, by far the worst tackle on Gravenback went unpunished utter contempt for the officiating

Quick Reply