Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233345 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #897: Oct 20, 2020 07:01:56 pm
      My first reaction was corruption I am not one of them that just jumps to question peoples dignity, but from the very moment of that challenge I felt there was something corrupt about it.   Hope he loses his job.   
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #898: Oct 20, 2020 07:24:39 pm
      So the FA don’t take any  retrospective action against Pickford but take a form of retrospective action against coote ....great stuff.

Doesn't make sense doe it.  :f_doh:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #899: Oct 21, 2020 06:54:49 am
      Tbh Keith nothing about about the FA makes any sense to me & I’d go as far as to say that you’d get more sense out of a new born baby.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #900: Oct 21, 2020 09:26:38 am
      Tbh Keith nothing about about the FA makes any sense to me & I’d go as far as to say that you’d get more sense out of a new born baby.

I know mate, think I'd like to go back to the old way now where human error involved, sounds silly I know but least we can celebrate a goal again after a quick look at the ref/linesman to see if whistle/flag goes for offside.

At the same side when it is offside but not given we turn round and say it evens it self out over a season.  :lmao:  Qute simply football isn't as enjoyable at the moment like it used to be.

It's so hard to get excited when your team score due to VAR. Hell you can't even jump when you score or miss a penalty as it might have to be re taken again.  :f_doh:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #901: Oct 21, 2020 06:15:33 pm
      I know mate, think I'd like to go back to the old way now where human error involved, sounds silly I know but least we can celebrate a goal again after a quick look at the ref/linesman to see if whistle/flag goes for offside.

At the same side when it is offside but not given we turn round and say it evens it self out over a season.  :lmao:  Qute simply football isn't as enjoyable at the moment like it used to be.

It's so hard to get excited when your team score due to VAR. Hell you can't even jump when you score or miss a penalty as it might have to be re taken again.  :f_doh:
      Couldn’t agree more Keith,I never wanted it in the first place in all honesty,maybe being in my 50’s has something to do with it & im old school.
      I hear & read  that it balances itself out over the season,well so did the vast majority of matches before VAR
      Like you ,For me it’s just sucking the life,flow & enjoyment out of the game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #902: Oct 24, 2020 11:53:40 pm
      For me, it has the opposite effect. It makes me watch more neutral games that normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about. Will VAR be used? When/Why/How/How many times? Will the goal stand/Will it be a penalty/red card? Will a punishment be upgraded/downgraded? Is there an offside? Was there a foul in the build up? What about  the monitor? How will an overturned decision affect the result?

I haven't been in a stadium in 12 months, mostly because we've all been locked out of every stadium you can think of, but also because where I am, there is no VAR or any form of technology at all in the domestic league. Saying it balances out over time is no consolation. I need the right decision now, not a lucky break when we're already winning 4-0 in a dead rubber, 6 months later.

Finally, and this is a general point, if people struggle to get excited about watching our games while we're domestic and World champions, then I struggle to think how they coped when we were struggling to finish fourth, or even the top half of the table. These days are paradise here compared to 4-4 draws at home to Chesterfield or trailing to Havant and Waterlooville at home or losing to Blackpool home and away in one season, to name just three. You could use many words to describe them, but fun and excitement were neither.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #903: Oct 25, 2020 02:26:34 am
      Yawn yawn.

It is corrupt.  In the last week I have realised another agenda if you play for England you can endanger players careers or WWF headlocks no penalty.  Is this to do with Brexit?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #904: Oct 25, 2020 02:01:01 pm
      For me, it has the opposite effect. It makes me watch more neutral games that normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about. Will VAR be used? When/Why/How/How many times? Will the goal stand/Will it be a penalty/red card? Will a punishment be upgraded/downgraded? Is there an offside? Was there a foul in the build up? What about  the monitor? How will an overturned decision affect the result?

I haven't been in a stadium in 12 months, mostly because we've all been locked out of every stadium you can think of, but also because where I am, there is no VAR or any form of technology at all in the domestic league. Saying it balances out over time is no consolation. I need the right decision now, not a lucky break when we're already winning 4-0 in a dead rubber, 6 months later.

Finally, and this is a general point, if people struggle to get excited about watching our games while we're domestic and World champions, then I struggle to think how they coped when we were struggling to finish fourth, or even the top half of the table. These days are paradise here compared to 4-4 draws at home to Chesterfield or trailing to Havant and Waterlooville at home or losing to Blackpool home and away in one season, to name just three. You could use many words to describe them, but fun and excitement were neither.

But that's not down to just refereeing is it. A whole host of reasons you've mentioned there. You mention Havant and Waterlooville, the thing that stands out from that game was how the locals and regular wools were all alert and trying to force the issue about H & G and the some of the one game types were banging on about supporting the team!

By the way saying you need a decision now makes you sound like a spoilt child. Games being going for well over a 100 years and video referees weren't needed then and let's be honest is just F***ing that game up now and turning it into NFL with all the technical bullshit.

It's a simple game jumpers for goalposts and all that if you're playing with your mates so why the need for all the technical sh*te in the professional game. It's got F**k all to do with actual sport and all to do with £££££££
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #905: Oct 25, 2020 04:15:36 pm

Jesus Christ, someone excited about VAR. still haven’t explained how your perfect system could screw up so badly in the derby for Pickfords challenge. Or yesterday’s game giving a pen. Face the truth, the people in charge of running VAR have no idea how to use it effectively.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #906: Oct 26, 2020 01:47:35 pm
      Jesus Christ, someone excited about VAR. still haven’t explained how your perfect system could screw up so badly in the derby for Pickfords challenge. Or yesterday’s game giving a pen. Face the truth, the people in charge of running VAR have no idea how to use it effectively.

Have to agree as VAR is a very good tool if  implemented properly. Sadly like you say the morons that run the dam thing would appear to have no knowledge of common sense.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #907: Oct 26, 2020 02:04:14 pm

and that is the issue, not necessarily the tool (VAR) itself.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #908: Oct 26, 2020 08:17:09 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      But that's not down to just refereeing is it. A whole host of reasons you've mentioned there. Games being going for well over a 100 years and video referees weren't needed then.

It's a simple game jumpers for goalposts and all that if you're playing with your mates so why the need in the professional game.

If you lose when playing with your mates, the manager doesn't get sacked and you can try to beat them tomorrow. If you lose at the highest level, it can be years before you win again. Look how long it's taken us to win the league. It's not an everyday event. We haven't won the cup in half that time either, where one bad decision can ruin a season's work.

We needed video refs back then. We need them even more now with all that's at stake. It was a disgrace that football didn't have the technology to correct decisions that other sports had as routine. It should be in all the divisions as well, and at every major national cup final imo, regardless of whether it's used the rest of the year.

If that penalty is not given in Chelsea v City last season they probably go on to win it, and we have to wait yet another week to win the league, possibly two. Instead justice was done and we won it in record time. Cheating ruined this sport for years, now it's being cleaned up. I never want to see another penalty given that was a dive, a goal scored that should have been given offside and vice versa, or a clear and obvious handball in the box by forwards or defenders, unseen and unpunished by referees in this league again. If it means it takes a couple of minutes longer to put it right, that's fine. The alternative is more years of, if only.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #909: Oct 28, 2020 12:17:24 am
      Now this has happened in the Italian League and it's great, why can't this happen to Cootes that pr**k!!!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #910: Oct 28, 2020 09:15:02 pm
      I convinced myself Greenwoods was  offside looking at his foot which clearly looked offside yet goal given. What did I miss?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #911: Oct 28, 2020 09:16:48 pm
      Scrap it all together - completely kills all celebrations which makes this game what it is. F***ing despise it
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #912: Oct 29, 2020 03:59:10 pm
      Quote from LondonRed83
      Scrap it all together - completely kills all celebrations which makes this game what it is. despise it

Well you're going to have to put up with it, because it will never be scrapped. It's not to kill celebrations, it's to ensure every goal scored is valid. Most are.

Quote from AussieRed
      Now this has happened in the Italian League and it's great, why can't this happen to Coote!!!

Coote was also demoted after the derby. The failure to recommend a red card review for the Pickford incident was the last straw. Hopefully he'll study the laws more closely before he returns, because it was not the first time he let a bad tackle go unpunished.

I don't know if you look at those screenshots you post up afterwards, but they seem to disappear off the thread after a few days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #913: Oct 29, 2020 04:10:57 pm
      Well you're going to have to put up with it, because it will never be scrapped. It's not to kill celebrations, it's to ensure every goal scored is valid. Most are.

Most are?? You've changed your tune  :f_doh:

Wasn't that long ago you were preaching it was the bees bollocks and couldn't do no wrong. Change your tune now. I don't need the % before you go there.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #914: Oct 29, 2020 05:03:33 pm

Nothing has been changed. Ghost goals are now ruled out. All valid goals count. It's not rocket science.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #915: Oct 29, 2020 07:57:06 pm
      Nothing has been changed. Ghost goals are now ruled out. All valid goals count. It's not rocket science.

Except you now acknowledge it hasn’t removed human error as we’ve seen with Coote in the derby. So it’s the same garbage refs making the same garbage calls, just doing it with a new system to play with.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #916: Oct 30, 2020 08:56:57 am
      Instead of highlighting 5-10 game changing howlers every week as during the quiz year, we now debate the fine details of 1-2 calls occasionally, from the same small handful of refs. That is progress in itself.

I notice that Scott Attwell Taylor Oliver and Kavanagh, even Friend and Tierney are never the centre of attention when VAR hits the headlines. Either they operate VAR very well, or they don't have a lot to do.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #917: Oct 31, 2020 11:43:58 am
      Instead of highlighting 5-10 game changing howlers every week as during the quiz year, we now debate the fine details of 1-2 calls occasionally, from the same small handful of refs. That is progress in itself.

I notice that Scott Attwell Taylor Oliver and Kavanagh, even Friend and Tierney are never the centre of attention when VAR hits the headlines. Either they operate VAR very well, or they don't have a lot to do.   

Bullshit

VAR the way it is used by tje Premier League is a F***ing joke and you know it, especially after the recent Champions League games and the way UEFA are using VAR. So I'm afraid lad you're talking out of your arse.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #918: Nov 01, 2020 11:09:23 pm

I don't know if you look at those screenshots you post up afterwards, but they seem to disappear off the thread after a few days.

I've noticed that too. Don't know or can't figure out what's happened to them  ??? ???
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #919: Nov 07, 2020 03:10:33 pm
      McManaman reckons United should of had a penalty which online official agreed. However, Maguire did push Prickford slightly first. Was it a penalty? VAR get it wrong again?

Quick Reply