Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 244116 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1840: Oct 09, 2023 05:12:23 pm
      I have a theory the Refs have a bald headed association they look the same and are all thick as pig sh*t
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1841: Oct 09, 2023 05:23:12 pm
      What does the FA have to do with the current issues ?

Who employs the match officials?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1842: Oct 09, 2023 05:25:54 pm

The Premier League and PGMOL
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1843: Oct 09, 2023 05:37:36 pm

as David Coleman used to say "one nil !!!!!!!!"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #1844: Oct 09, 2023 05:38:09 pm
      If there is “bias” against then there will be clear evidence

That's actually not necessarily true. If there was clear evidence the impetus would be on the league to rectify the situation otherwise the issue would be laid bare for all to see. That's the point of investigating whether or not there is more to it than just supposition by certain folks that there is bias.

Tierney is just a very bad ref , he has been shocking in many games when we haven’t been involved
      Is this your own opinion or do you have evidence to back this up?

It’s statements like “it keeps happening to us”

It doesn’t happen to us anymore than the next team
      Again, this isn't necessarily true just because you claim it to be. I quoted an article written by Tomkins awhile back, yes he's biased as a fan, but the data he presented is objective and it shows that our team is actually officiated differently than most other teams, especially teams like City.

Multiple clubs will say the same thing when they have decisions go against them - just like West Ham did this weekend or Arsenal or City

Even with Tierney there will be issues with other clubs

Again, you can say this but it doesn't make it true or relevant to the issue at hand which is, Liverpool has been getting sh*t decisions as of late.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1845: Oct 09, 2023 05:38:32 pm
      as David Coleman used to say "one nil !!!!!!!!"

Oh dear
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1846: Oct 09, 2023 05:49:22 pm
      That's actually not necessarily true. If there was clear evidence the impetus would be on the league to rectify the situation otherwise the issue would be laid bare for all to see. That's the point of investigating whether or not there is more to it than just supposition by certain folks that there is bias.
       Is this your own opinion or do you have evidence to back this up?
       Again, this isn't necessarily true just because you claim it to be. I quoted an article written by Tomkins awhile back, yes he's biased as a fan, but the data he presented is objective and it shows that our team is actually officiated differently than most other teams, especially teams like City.

Again, you can say this but it doesn't make it true or relevant to the issue at hand which is, Liverpool has been getting sh*t decisions as of late.

As always when making claims of bias then would expect there to be some level of evidence to provide the proof

How many “investigations” have there been into referee bias with the Prem league

If we are getting more bad decisions than anyone again there will statistical proof to provide the basis of fact

Even Klopp said that Tierney isn’t bias

As an example - Tierney has shown Arsenal more cards per game than he has compared to all the other teams

Even Tomkins article was full of fluff and lacking any substance

It’s pretty childish tbh to be shouting bias and corruption when we have decisions that go against us - if you ever conversed with fans of other teams you will hear them all cry bias

Bias toward the top 6

Bias towards Liverpool
      Bias towards city , Arsenal etc

Bias towards the southern teams
      Bias towards the northern teams

All depending on who you are speaking to

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #1847: Oct 09, 2023 05:58:29 pm
      As always when making claims of bias then would expect there to be some level of evidence to provide the proof

How many “investigations” have there been into referee bias with the Prem league

If we are getting more bad decisions than anyone again there will statistical proof to provide the basis of fact

Even Klopp said that Tierney isn’t bias

As an example - Tierney has shown Arsenal more cards per game than he has compared to all the other teams

Even Tomkins article was full of fluff and lacking any substance

It’s pretty childish tbh to be shouting bias and corruption when we have decisions that go against us - if you ever conversed with fans of other teams you will hear them all cry bias

Bias toward the top 6

Bias towards Liverpool
      Bias towards city , Arsenal etc

Bias towards the southern teams
      Bias towards the northern teams

All depending on who you are speaking to

Tomkins article wasn't "full of fluff". That tells me you didn't read it. So we're done here. Good day.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1848: Oct 09, 2023 06:11:35 pm
      Tomkins article wasn't "full of fluff". That tells me you didn't read it. So we're done here. Good day.

So that’s your only evidence? A substack from Tomkins that was mainly talking about Tierney and a linesman’s being close

Him not giving us many penalties ( think he said we had two shouts ) , only won 47% of the games he was in charge off since a Villa yet before it was around 90%- which of course ignores the fact it was during a season when we were playing bad

Using such stat that shows a team doesn’t win when ref a controls the game doesn’t actually show much unless the games the club didn’t win are down to the referee - how many of the games that we have lost with Tierney as the ref was down to a referee decision- if it’s none then it’s an usual stat

And he kept just using “odd” as opposed to anything of any depth , think he even at one point brought up baldness

So yes the article was full of the normal Tomkins fluff

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1849: Oct 09, 2023 07:35:55 pm

Football officialdom whatever.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1850: Oct 09, 2023 07:56:29 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1851: Oct 10, 2023 11:29:57 pm
      I get most VAR calls wrong now Ian. I’d of given him a card for that. Handball calls are near impossible to call now. 🤷‍♂️

Mate the Officials can't even get it right...don't be too hard on yourself for that.

Other things, like being a Manc, yes be hard on yourself!!!  :action-smiley-055:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,112 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1852: Oct 11, 2023 07:14:18 am
      Kunt
      Mate the Officials can't even get it right...don't be too hard on yourself for that.

Other things, like being a Manc, yes be hard on yourself!!!  :action-smiley-055:

Kunt  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #1853: Oct 13, 2023 11:59:42 pm
      Quote from DanMann
      And so? That means nothing. It's a bogus list.

These are straight forward decisions e.g. offside

I'm talking subjective nonsense where the officials can abuse their position and favour who they want.

Every time evidence is provided why VAR is needed, it's dismissed. Biased photos and bogus lists. Whatever next?

All those straight forward decisions count as much as the subjective decisions at the end of the season. Without VAR, those offside calls "for" us would have stood, and we probably wouldn't even be in Europe now.

We have the technology available now and it is being used. I want to see justice done on the spot. Losing the derby is bad enough any day of the week, but losing it over a wrong offside call just to keep traditionalists happy, is totally unacceptable to me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1854: Oct 14, 2023 01:47:34 pm
      Every time evidence is provided why VAR is needed, it's dismissed. Biased photos and bogus lists. Whatever next?

All those straight forward decisions count as much as the subjective decisions at the end of the season. Without VAR, those offside calls "for" us would have stood, and we probably wouldn't even be in Europe now.

We have the technology available now and it is being used. I want to see justice done on the spot. Losing the derby is bad enough any day of the week, but losing it over a wrong offside call just to keep traditionalists happy, is totally unacceptable to me.

Losing a game that could have easily been a draw due to a F**k up by the clowns who operate VAR is totally unacceptable to me.

The fact you want to rim Howard Webb and his usesless F***ing protocols, speaks F***ing volumes.

Give me the traditionalists rather the people like you trying to destroy the game and want to make distinctions between the different levels of the game. That's not the benefit for all, when lower levels of the game don't use VAR.

I'd rather lose the Derby over some shitty offside decision rather than some stale VAR decided goal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1855: Oct 17, 2023 02:49:49 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67133660

The FA have decided to reinstate the visually impaired officials who took part in the debacle at the Spurs v LFC game, Darren England will be the fourth official at the Brentford v Burnley game and Daniel Cook will officiate the Sheffield home game with Man U.

No doubt those games will go off with no decision issues whatsoever.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #1856: Oct 18, 2023 07:51:16 pm

The FA have decided to reinstate the visually impaired officials who took part in the debacle at the Spurs v LFC game, Darren England will be the fourth official at the Brentford v Burnley game and Daniel Cook will officiate the Sheffield home game with Man U.

So all is forgotten and were all friends now........untill the next time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1857: Oct 19, 2023 10:02:00 am
      So all is forgotten and were all friends now........untill the next time.

They should be made to take the refereeing qualification course again starting with the shape of the ball and the colour of the grass with the appropriate spectacles of course.
      The fact that they have been judged able to officiate a top game again is really unbelievable.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5016 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1858: Oct 19, 2023 10:55:13 am
      They should be made to take the refereeing qualification course again starting with the shape of the ball and the colour of the grass with the appropriate spectacles of course.
      The fact that they have been judged able to officiate a top game again is really unbelievable.

Yep, sitting on the Naughty step during a international break hardly warrants any punishment at all, in fact, the only game they were withdrawn from were the last league fixtures prior to the aforementioned international break, so nothing more than a slap on the wrist, meanwhile we’ve been left hanging with a possible two point minimum deficit from their ineptitude given that a draw would have been a fairer outcome, and could still possibly cost us the title, I don’t usually cast ill will on my fellow Homo sapiens but I’m hoping that both of their next Shits are pineapples !!

KUNTS
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #1859: Oct 19, 2023 11:49:36 am
      the only game they were withdrawn from were the last league fixtures prior to the aforementioned international break, so nothing more than a slap on the wrist, meanwhile we’ve been left hanging with a possible two point minimum deficit from their ineptitude given that a draw would have been a fairer outcome, and could still possibly cost us the title, I don’t usually cast ill will on my fellow Homo sapiens but I’m hoping that both of their next Shits are pineapples !!

KUNTS

With the sharp bits intact!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #1860: Oct 19, 2023 11:00:19 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Losing a game that could have easily been a draw due to a F**k up by the clowns who operate VAR is totally unacceptable to me.

Give me the traditionalists rather the people like you trying to destroy the game and want to make distinctions between the different levels of the game. That's not the benefit for all, when lower levels of the game don't use VAR.

I'd rather lose the Derby over some shitty offside decision rather than some stale VAR decided goal.

No you would not. You're still fuming over the  offside decision at Spurs.

The last manager that lost an away derby is still reminded of it, all these years later. Our unbeaten record there since then is still intact, thanks mainly to VAR available last season.

There have been different levels of the game since time began. I wish lower level leagues did use VAR but unfortunately they won't, so they have to put up with the consequences until they see the benefits and bring it in.

The VAR at Spurs didn't raise his flag. The VAR didn't blow his whistle to disallow the goal. The VAR didn't restart the game either. Unfortunately he said the right thing at the wrong time, so the clear and obvious error by the officials on the pitch stood, but he got the blame for it. Already, steps have been put in place to prevent it happening again.

In any case, we were already a man down at the time. So even if it was given, it would have taken one hell of a job to hold onto the lead.

Quote from stuey

Probably won't tbh. With a minimum of 6 match officials required to oversee every EPL game in some form, there simply isn't enough officials around to ban people for long periods of time, because one of them once said the right thing at the wrong time.

As for Cook and English, they served their bans and now they return to action, just like a player or manager would.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1861: Oct 20, 2023 12:47:08 pm
      No you would not. You're still fuming over the  offside decision at Spurs.

The last manager that lost an away derby is still reminded of it, all these years later. Our unbeaten record there since then is still intact, thanks mainly to VAR available last season.

You really do have an arrogant opinion of yourself. I'm the same as Klopp I'm over it. Bit then again I don't hold Howard Webb up as some type of hero.

Everton broke the record under Ancelotti ;)
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2023 01:49:08 pm by HUYTON RED »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1862: Oct 20, 2023 09:44:07 pm
      I hope the crowd go f***in mental at every decision that goes against us

Quick Reply