Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 244211 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1886: Nov 06, 2023 03:35:41 pm

Keith, I take it he is still at Stockley Park then collating his evidence.     :mad:

You know him well  :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1887: Nov 06, 2023 08:27:16 pm
      How is Romero not sent off for that blatant kick at Silva away from the ball?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1888: Nov 06, 2023 08:38:19 pm

Went for the challenge giving away the pen in the end.

Starting to turn into a proper snide, shithouse team have Spurs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1889: Nov 06, 2023 08:42:20 pm
      Can anyone explain to me how Caicedos goal was offside?

Did it clip Jackson on the way thru or something?

If not I can’t understand how that wasn’t given, how does offside come into place from that far out? He wasn’t in the way of the keeper???

I’m very confused.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1890: Nov 06, 2023 08:43:53 pm
      Can anyone explain to me how Caicedos goal was offside?

Did it clip Jackson on the way thru or something?

If not I can’t understand how that wasn’t given, how does offside come into place from that far out? He wasn’t in the way of the keeper???

I’m very confused.

Stood in offside position and as the ball went through his legs it technically makes him active
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1891: Nov 06, 2023 09:27:07 pm
      Stood in offside position and as the ball went through his legs it technically makes him active

Never got to see that angle here, wtf?

Ok ta mate, makes sense now
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #1892: Nov 07, 2023 01:16:26 am

Too busy on looking at the hand ball about 10 times probably just froze and then got too late.  I know he made no contact but many players have been sent off without making contact.  And if there was one that deserved to be sent off it was Bissouma he could have done some real damage.   

Hey am surprised they gave the penalty and red card mind you the incident was before the off side.  As if it was after I'm lead to believe from experience you can smash someone's knee and it isn't worthy of yellow card!    Bunch hopeless imbeciles!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1893: Nov 09, 2023 08:57:14 am

Thing is Ian I think most fans are not only confused but fed up that after every game ( especially recently ) we’re not talking about football anymore which is all very very sad.

It’s VAR all the time, 99% of us know it’s ruined the game we all love. There’s so many contentious decisions with so many permutations which then become subjective to the individual I really don’t know what/how to think anymore  when an incident happens.

In my opinion.
      You lads were robbed against Spurs
      Arsenal were robbed of a penalty against Newcastle.
      Rashford sent off when there was no intent. Granted when you look at freeze frame it’s a red card with the forensic VAR team. However, you could clearly see he stuck his leg out to block him getting the ball, it’s unfortunate the opponent foot got in the way. As is the norm with VAR they purposely make sure the ref  see the freeze frame ( which looks bad ) first. Rashford is not known for being a dirty player. In real team most of us know that’s never given. Common sense long gone now.

Just fed up after every match these days be it us or you lot we’re only talking about VAR. 🤦‍♂️
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1894: Nov 09, 2023 10:53:35 am
      I find it so amusing to see on tv the people who claimed Curtis Jones should have been sent off for putting his foot on the top of the ball to shield it only for his foot to roll over it and onto the spurs players foot now claiming Rushford who didn't touch the ball and put his studs half way up the players leg should never have been a Red card.

Football is such a circus now. He said she said they did we did blah blah f*cking blah. What a f*cking circus led by var ... a failed concept that should have been 10 plus years in the lower leagues perfecting it and not trialed in top level football on a 'we'll work it out as we go along' philosophy.

I'm literally just bored to tears and sick yo death of the same f*cking shi* every game every week and listening to stupid managers cry one week when it goes against them and justify the same thing the next week when it goes for them.

What a f*cking sh*t* game this has become. When I was a kid it was a f*cking man's game. Just a load of whinging overpaid manchilds now , incompetent/corrupt (upto you) officials and a media circus egging it all on.

Embarrassing
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #1895: Nov 09, 2023 10:58:43 am
      Thing is Ian I think most fans are not only confused but fed up that after every game ( especially recently ) we’re not talking about football anymore which is all very very sad.

It’s VAR all the time, 99% of us know it’s ruined the game we all love. There’s so many contentious decisions with so many permutations which then become subjective to the individual I really don’t know what/how to think anymore  when an incident happens.

In my opinion.
      Rashford sent off when there was no intent. Granted when you look at freeze frame it’s a red card with the forensic VAR team. However, you could clearly see he stuck his leg out to block him getting the ball, it’s unfortunate the opponent foot got in the way. As is the norm with VAR they purposely make sure the ref  see the freeze frame ( which looks bad ) first. Rashford is not known for being a dirty player. In real team most of us know that’s never given. Common sense long gone now.

Just fed up after every match these days be it us or you lot we’re only talking about VAR. 🤦‍♂️

Totally agree and with the post below yours.
      Where is our friend from across the water, he will put us all right................... ..........perhaps his boat sank.   :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1896: Nov 09, 2023 11:37:37 am
      Totally agree and with the post below yours.
      Where is our friend from across the water, he will put us all right................... ..........perhaps his boat sank.   :lmao:

No one listens to him mate, he’s the 1%  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,418 posts | 2836 
      Reply #1897: Nov 09, 2023 12:28:37 pm
      Thought the Rashford one was a red to be honest. Doesn’t matter about intention, caught him in a place where it could have been a leg breaker.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1898: Nov 09, 2023 12:52:44 pm
      Thought the Rashford one was a red to be honest. Doesn’t matter about intention, caught him in a place where it could have been a leg breaker.

No doubt could have been a leg bracket chats and obviously see why they red carded him. It’s just VAR doing fans head in now unless you live across the water.
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #1899: Nov 09, 2023 02:24:37 pm
      No doubt could have been a leg bracket chats and obviously see why they red carded him. It’s just VAR doing fans head in now unless you live across the water.

Was red but the worry for you is that qualification is not that easy. Bayern at home. Galatasaray away. Go down to the wire. Poor old Tenny under pressure.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1900: Nov 09, 2023 03:01:28 pm
      Was red but the worry for you is that qualification is not that easy. Bayern at home. Galatasaray away. Go down to the wire. Poor old Tenny under pressure.

Not really saying it wasn’t red and see why it was given. I’m not worried as it’s bitter sweet regardless, we can’t win the CL so being honest it’s best we go in the Europa league as the teams much  more inferior than those in CL. However, currently we’ve no chance of winning that anyway but outside chance of getting back in CL via the back door.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1901: Nov 09, 2023 06:38:00 pm

In my opinion.

Still haven't seen it, missed the actual incident, flicking through the games, my dad saw the replay, he honestly thinks it's a soft one,
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 424 
      Reply #1902: Nov 09, 2023 06:39:41 pm
      Still haven't seen it, missed the actual incident, flicking through the games, my dad saw the replay, he honestly thinks it's a soft one,

If they're on about the Rashford red it was the same tackle Endo did but whereas Endos contact was on the boot Rashford was above the boot on the ankle.

I thought it was red. Wasn't deliberate but doesn't really have to be does it. The worst decision of that match was Uniteds penalty. That really was terrible.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1903: Nov 09, 2023 06:47:13 pm
      If they're on about the Rashford red it was the same tackle Endo did but whereas Endos contact was on the boot Rashford was above the boot on the ankle.

I thought it was red. Wasn't deliberate but doesn't really have to be does it. The worst decision of that match was Uniteds penalty. That really was terrible.

Inconsistency of refs though, happening far too much lately, what can be a red in one game is nothing in another game. Hence us fans scratching our heads working out what we thought what used to constitute a red isn't, what was previously a yellow etc etc
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1904: Nov 09, 2023 07:44:08 pm
      GET THIS sh*t OUT OF THIS GAME! ALL THROUGHTOUT EUROPE IT'S TRASH! AND F**k YOU pr**k ACROSS THE WATER!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1905: Nov 09, 2023 07:57:33 pm
      GET THIS sh*t OUT OF THIS GAME! ALL THROUGHTOUT EUROPE IT'S TRASH! AND F**k YOU pr**k ACROSS THE WATER!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He’s due the rounds mate, won’t be long now.  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,317 posts | 1405 
      Reply #1906: Nov 09, 2023 08:03:30 pm

Undermining the integrity. Not just the Spurs game. The inconsistency, sometimes the ref is sent to the monitor, next time nothing. I think they should scrap the monitor idea and if it's a 'goal check' then VAR decides.

When the ref does go to the monitor he's just had 2/3 players down his ear, he doesn't always get all the angles or see the whole sequence. Crowd calling him etc. Not conducive to making decisions.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1907: Nov 10, 2023 08:25:12 am
      Didn’t see the Rashford incident so can’t comment, there’s confusion all around VAR on whether it’s now fit for purpose if indeed if it ever was, I think if it’s run correctly without outside interference (PGMOL) cough cough, I think it will be good for the game, the problem is, that the system used is meddled by the PGMOL, VAR itself or its operators are NOT the issue here, Sick of sayings this……

TMO…television match official..used in both codes of Rugby have it absolutely spot on, in Cricket, again it works perfectly well, as it does in Tennis, in Yank football, in Baseball (Rounders) the same, that’s Six major world sports that use a VAR/TMO and it works almost perfectly,…..

…referring back to Rugby….they have the on field referee miked up, we can all hear the conversations between the TMO & the Ref, there’s a big screen showing the incident concerned, and shows exactly what has happened in real time and in slo mo, everyone in the stadium knows what’s happening and everyone in the stadium involved,

In Cricket….again the incident, whether it’s a run out, lbw, a nick off the bat, a catch close to the ground, whatever…it’s scrutinised to come up with the right decision and the umpires although themselves inaudible, you can hear the TMO and camera operative workers together….

So why the F**k doesn’t it work in football…..correction…..why doesn’t it work in the EPL ??…..It does work in football, it worked well in the World Cup, it worked well in Europe not only for the CL but Europa league and internationally too….so again….WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY CONTENTIOUS ISSUES IN THE EPL, Every week, even midweek…..WHY……the PGMOL !!

I want someone official asking these questions to the PGMOL……

1, why are you not allowing Refs to be miked up ?
      2, why can’t we hear the conversations between the VAR and the onfield referee ?
      3, why isn’t there footage showing the incident on the big screens at stadiums ?
      4, why only show the incident in slo mo, and not the whole incident in its entirety in real time ?
      5, why can’t we use other Referees from other European nations leagues as in the CL ?
      6, why can’t we have ex-players in a advisory role sat next to the VAR, someone with actual experience?

All of those questions need answers, if the PGMOL can’t or won’t come up with the answers then they as I expect are not fit for purpose, Howard Webb’s Plebs are killing our game, it’s clear & obvious to me that they have far too much influence on the VAR, the VAR operators are only there to operate their system,their systems work, as we’ve seen in other sports, except in the EPL where in their wee box at Stockley Park, somewhere in Milton Keynes the PGMOL will have a mate of the on field Ref influencing/bullying the VAR and to cover their own mistakes and dictating what the outcome is and not what it should be ??

YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1908: Nov 12, 2023 11:27:02 am
      Does anyone else feel like they are being a little less transparent this year? I’m not even talking our games, there was a few incidents in yesterdays games, United included, so no bias, where I’m sure we’d usually be seeing the VAR checks/replays on the TV… but nothing…

Quick Reply