Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Manc's biggest rival for Yank Reds?

Read 3856 times
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: Manc's biggest rival for Yank Reds?
      Reply #23: Mar 07, 2018 03:18:25 pm

Mate, wear your colours with pride, educate those who ask you why, tell them of our history and of our successes, and of course our sad times,

You may not realise but our LFC family need you, we need you to spread the word so we have fans just like you in the future, so get your ass out there buddy on match days and show how proud you are to be part of the Liverpool FC family, wear our colours every opportunity you get, and tell those who ask that being a Red means ...
      You'll Never Walk Alone !!

YNWA

You're right.

Last year on April 1st my wife and I walked the twenty minutes from our airbnb to Anfield, all the while teaching her the words to "you'll never walk alone". We were lucky enough to get hooked up with tickets by virtue of a poster on this community, and we stood in the kop together, sang the songs, and watched LFC 3-1 Everton. I'll never forget that day; it makes the hair stand up on my neck.

By the way I wore the track jacket my wife bought me at the club shop out to the pub to watch us beat Newcastle :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #24: Mar 07, 2018 07:46:12 pm
      Quote from Diego LFC
      Precisely. The feeling was the same in Brazil. I always loved beating Everton of course, but my hatred was always towards United above any other team.

However after living in Liverpool for one year, that changed slightly. I was amazed at how bitter and obsessed they are and thus the Merseyside derby win I watched at Anfield (3-1) was the most enjoyable LFC home match I've attended so far.

I'm not surprised by how obsessed they are, they genuinely think they're on a war footing against us. The fact is beyond Liverpool itself, they have few fans and barely register on our radar. Their fans sign up to a life of obsession, depression and frustration over us, while we're more concerned about competing against the mancs, city, and other clubs at our level.

They remind me of 1860 Munich fans, whose raison d'etre is anti-Bayern Munich. Similiar to Everton outside Liverpool, they are an irrelevance outside Munich, and Bayern fans just laugh at them.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #25: Mar 07, 2018 10:17:57 pm
      This is a nice topic.

Not an American too (Lebanese), but I remember growing up in Beirut and most Lebanese/arabs didn't really take interest in the premier league but mostly in the La Liga and Seria A. We have a huge football culture that and basketball. However the biggest English Lebanese supporters were Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd, then after 2004 we had a growing number of Chelsea supporters. I remember back in university in 2006 encountering new Chelsea fans who are not really into the game but because they support Mourinho  :lmao: . They lack a lot in football and history of premier league teams.

I would say the most cringe worthy Lebanese football supporters are the Manc ones. Absolutely detest them and their condescending arrogance. They think they know better than anyone in football and they are so obsessed with us it's ridiculous. This is why to me it's always going to be the Mancs.

I would say and without bias :P, LFC and Arsenal supporters in Beirut are the most knowledgeable and we do respect each other.

The Official LFC supporters group in Beirut is not as big as the NY one but the games in one of the pubs the supporters is always lively and we had a special visit from Luis Garcia last season which was great!

EDITED: FOUND A PIC

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2018 10:47:23 am by Arab Scouse »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2018 04:16:05 am
      Born and bred scouser and man united to me is (and always will be) the biggest rivalry.

Growing up as a kid Everton didn't bother me one bit. They were more successful in the derbies when i was younger too. I remember thinking they were a bit of a bogey team for us in the 90s and it wasn't until Houllier came along that beating them just became normal again.

I have as many blue mates as I do red mates and my mums family are all blue too. So that probably has something to do with it.

Man United though I can't begin to explain the hatred I have for them. I think any violence or any football hooliganism is just pure stupidity but when we play them my blood boils that much I want to punch all their fans in the f**king head.

I can't stand their supporters and then you had their dick head players like Neville and Beckham. Both have turned out and come across now as alright blokes but in their playing days f**king hell i wanted to run on the pitch and punch them two as well. Fergusons a horrible tw*t too.

I've seen fights between both sets of supporters before and we've all heard their chants regarding the 96. Ill always hate them no matter what.

Like somebody above has already mentioned, it's only been recently where I've grown a hatred towards Everton too. It's not as strong as the one I have for United but I can't stand them now. Going 23 years without a trophy has really turned them into a bitter and twisted lot. Their fans are so petty and they're so deluded. Liverpools failure is now their success.

I don't mind a bit of banter, I encourage it, but after a season were they spent millions in the summer, telling the world what they were going to do, repeatedly saying reds heads had fell off, to being in a relegation battle all season and appointing a manager who is only known for keeping teams up and drinking shots of gravy....you'd think they'd keep quiet until next season but no, mark my words, if we miss out on top 4 or get knocked out of the CL they'll have the biggest party they've ever seen.

I agree with the above poster too in that their chants have angered me as well. When you call them out on it they deny it's anything to do with hillsborough but openly admit/accept that it's about heysel. I've got no time for any set of supporters who sing or chant about any tragedy and that includes any of our own (Munich for example).

Maybe I'm being naive or biased but whenever I've heard a liverpool fan stoop to those kind of levels I can honestly hand on heart say it's only ever been one or two. But when united or Everton go to those levels they sing and chant in their thousands.  Got no time for either of them. Horrible f**king cu*ts the pair of them.

The only other team I share that kind of hatred for is Chelsea for the same sort of reasons. Their fans are up there for being the most vile of the lot. We have a lot of recent history with them with the European ties when Rafa faced Jose etc.

Rambled on a bit here but point of my post is it'll always be United who are the biggest rivalry and who I hate the most in my eyes. Everton and Chelsea are closely behind though.
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2018 11:30:11 am by HamannsTheMan »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2018 07:34:48 pm
      This is a nice topic.

Not an American too (Lebanese), but I remember growing up in Beirut and most Lebanese/arabs didn't really take interest in the premier league but mostly in the La Liga and Seria A. We have a huge football culture that and basketball. However the biggest English Lebanese supporters were Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd, then after 2004 we had a growing number of Chelsea supporters. I remember back in university in 2006 encountering new Chelsea fans who are not really into the game but because they support Mourinho  :lmao: . They lack a lot in football and history of premier league teams.

I would say the most cringe worthy Lebanese football supporters are the Manc ones. Absolutely detest them and their condescending arrogance. They think they know better than anyone in football and they are so obsessed with us it's ridiculous. This is why to me it's always going to be the Mancs.

I would say and without bias :P, LFC and Arsenal supporters in Beirut are the most knowledgeable and we do respect each other.

The Official LFC supporters group in Beirut is not as big as the NY one but the games in one of the pubs the supporters is always lively and we had a special visit from Luis Garcia last season which was great!

EDITED: FOUND A PIC

That's a good turn out,no? I'd imagine the supporters pubs are gonna be chocka tomorrow,i'll be watching at home.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #28: Mar 12, 2018 06:53:11 pm
      Born and bred scouser and man united to me is (and always will be) the biggest rivalry.

Growing up as a kid Everton didn't bother me one bit. They were more successful in the derbies when i was younger too. I remember thinking they were a bit of a bogey team for us in the 90s and it wasn't until Houllier came along that beating them just became normal again.

I have as many blue mates as I do red mates and my mums family are all blue too. So that probably has something to do with it.

Man United though I can't begin to explain the hatred I have for them. I think any violence or any football hooliganism is just pure stupidity but when we play them my blood boils that much I want to punch all their fans in the f**king head.

I can't stand their supporters and then you had their dick head players like Neville and Beckham. Both have turned out and come across now as alright blokes but in their playing days f**king hell i wanted to run on the pitch and punch them two as well. Fergusons a horrible tw*t too.

I've seen fights between both sets of supporters before and we've all heard their chants regarding the 96. Ill always hate them no matter what.

Like somebody above has already mentioned, it's only been recently where I've grown a hatred towards Everton too. It's not as strong as the one I have for United but I can't stand them now. Going 23 years without a trophy has really turned them into a bitter and twisted lot. Their fans are so petty and they're so deluded. Liverpools failure is now their success.

I don't mind a bit of banter, I encourage it, but after a season were they spent millions in the summer, telling the world what they were going to do, repeatedly saying reds heads had fell off, to being in a relegation battle all season and appointing a manager who is only known for keeping teams up and drinking shots of gravy....you'd think they'd keep quiet until next season but no, mark my words, if we miss out on top 4 or get knocked out of the CL they'll have the biggest party they've ever seen.

I agree with the above poster too in that their chants have angered me as well. When you call them out on it they deny it's anything to do with hillsborough but openly admit/accept that it's about heysel. I've got no time for any set of supporters who sing or chant about any tragedy and that includes any of our own (Munich for example).

Maybe I'm being naive or biased but whenever I've heard a liverpool fan stoop to those kind of levels I can honestly hand on heart say it's only ever been one or two. But when united or Everton go to those levels they sing and chant in their thousands.  Got no time for either of them. Horrible f**king cu*ts the pair of them.

The only other team I share that kind of hatred for is Chelsea for the same sort of reasons. Their fans are up there for being the most vile of the lot. We have a lot of recent history with them with the European ties when Rafa faced Jose etc.

Rambled on a bit here but point of my post is it'll always be United who are the biggest rivalry and who I hate the most in my eyes. Everton and Chelsea are closely behind though.

I HATED Ferguson. He's so pompous and conceited. He conveniently ignores the first 6 years where he was almost fired and his managerial skills were sh*t. The Academy saved Ferguson's career not his "brilliance".

I hate to admit it but, I kind of like Beckham. I think he helped establish MLS  and now Atlanta United sell out a 75k seat stadium every home match. I think the MLS is comparable to League 1 or the SPL for now. But his time in LA helped make Football in the US relevant.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #29: Mar 27, 2018 07:00:29 pm
      So i mentioned this in another thread but it kinda got lost.I was checking out the lfcboston facebook page and there is a united fan  posting "Always the victims,never your fault",and he's not really been called on it,it hasn't been deleted.So does this pass for banter now? Is it ok if it's mates? What y'all think?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30: Mar 27, 2018 07:15:24 pm
      So i mentioned this in another thread but it kinda got lost.I was checking out the lfcboston facebook page and there is a united fan  posting "Always the victims,never your fault",and he's not really been called on it,it hasn't been deleted.So does this pass for banter now? Is it ok if it's mates? What y'all think?
      Of course it is not banter, it is pure filth comment. I am sure you know it is not banter and looking for some reaction, we all know what comments happen and if you see it, you can report it under "hate speech", which is what I would do rather than bring it to this forum.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #31: Mar 27, 2018 08:01:25 pm
      Of course it is not banter, it is pure filth comment. I am sure you know it is not banter and looking for some reaction, we all know what comments happen and if you see it, you can report it under "hate speech", which is what I would do rather than bring it to this forum.

Jesus lad,course i was looking for some reaction it's a discusion forum, that's what we do,no? If i had a united friend say that he'd be gone, was asking what other americans who may have united friends think?

Quick Reply