Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42039 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #299: Mar 16, 2018 10:28:05 pm
      Just me pointless international friendly come up worry about players get injury more then bitters game,
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #300: Mar 17, 2018 12:26:51 am
      Gutted with that Draw

Didn't want Man Citeh x

Wanted a Glamour tie  X

Wanted Last Leg at Home X

F***ing rigged if you ask me.

Already shitting myself at the thought of playing that last leg away.

To be honest, I'm not comfortable going up against them lot. Rather have a one off game against them in the Final but not to be. They have quality all over the pitch, we have quality in a lot of areas on the pitch and that might just be the difference. That and the fact that F***ing Aguero seems to F***ing score against us every time.

Written in the Stars we will get Barca in the Final!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #301: Mar 17, 2018 12:43:46 am
      If I drew a list of the least favourite tie out of the 7 possibilities City would have been my least favourite.  We will need to be playing at absolute best if we want to get through.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #302: Mar 17, 2018 04:04:29 am
      We will need to be playing at absolute best if we want to get through.

Same with any other team we could've drawn.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #303: Mar 17, 2018 05:01:04 am
      We play pretty well against city and Klopp does pretty well against Guardiola. I think with ties like this luck is a fortune. We won't get overrun and neither will they.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #304: Mar 17, 2018 05:51:26 am
      Don't bother who we get from this point onwards, there's no easy team anymore. All the 8 teams must be good, otherwise they wouldn;t have come this far. Every team has a chance to advance to the next round, that include us. Some here wanted Sevilla or Roma, but that could lead to complacency and is dangerous.

I've got the feeling, these remaining clubs would like to avoid us as we are fast improving and can be troublesome during match day.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #305: Mar 17, 2018 06:33:25 am
      Well i suppose if i said to you  United were still in the CL and we drew Everton what would you say?  :D Its generally not a easy answer i suppose. However, ive classed Liverpool as out biggest rivals for as long as i can remember so yes i would prefer City to win.. I don't have the hate relationship like so many fans do when you mention our respected teams. Its simply because your our biggest rivals.

I really don't want to hear 6 times.  ;D

For me its the tie of the rounds as i can see plenty of goals in both legs. My heart says City and my head says City despite the great performance when you beat them few months back.

Since I'm not local, I would say if Utd Vs Everton, I would choose obviously Everton.

My Heart says City :( but in my mind we can give them a run for their money, lots of money :P
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #306: Mar 17, 2018 11:11:29 am
      I was hoping for Real,Bayern or Barca... Still I guess we will have to make do with one of them in the semi' and another in the finals  ;D
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2018 02:31:01 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #307: Mar 17, 2018 11:57:38 am
      Only guarantee is that it won't finish nil nil
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #308: Mar 17, 2018 12:42:51 pm
      Only guarantee is that it won't finish nil nil

Jinxed it now
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #309: Mar 17, 2018 01:42:46 pm
      Yes, and Klopp not too happy about it, I guess he means the time rather than the day, unless he wants the match pushed back to later in April or something (but hopefully we will have semifinal matches to play then).

I guess switching to March 24th isn't an option at this date.

Sorry about this. Complete forgot about the international date and was thinking next weekend is when the FA Cup quarterfinals were.

I guess the strong majority of opinion here is that we will be underdogs for the City match. Maybe that's just as well.

Has City announced how many away supporters they are letting in?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #310: Mar 17, 2018 02:18:57 pm
      Well i suppose if i said to you  United were still in the CL and we drew Everton what would you say?  :D Its generally not a easy answer i suppose. However, ive classed Liverpool as out biggest rivals for as long as i can remember so yes i would prefer City to win.. I don't have the hate relationship like so many fans do when you mention our respected teams. Its simply because your our biggest rivals.

For me its the tie of the rounds as i can see plenty of goals in both legs. My heart says City and my head says City despite the great performance when you beat them few months back.

But won't it hurt to see city win a treble, oh yeah I forgot it won't be THE treble even though no one gives a F**k about the FA Cup anymore!!

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #311: Mar 17, 2018 02:50:08 pm

Fairy muff Keith,
      I wouldn't expect you to say you'd want us to win , same as i wouldn't say I'd want Mancs to win if it were against Neverton,
      I probably wouldn't give a F**k if I'm honest cos I'd still be totally gutted at not being in the draw.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #312: Mar 17, 2018 03:04:26 pm
      But won't it hurt to see city win a treble, oh yeah I forgot it won't be THE treble even though no one gives a f**k about the FA Cup anymore!!

Granted the FA Cup doesn't carry the status it once did but I still love that competition. Back in 1999 though it was still up their with being a great cup to win.

I certainly don't want City doing the treble, hopefully they go out in the semi finals.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #313: Mar 17, 2018 03:10:25 pm

Fairy muff Keith,
      I wouldn't expect you to say you'd want us to win , same as i wouldn't say I'd want Mancs to win if it were against Neverton,
      I probably wouldn't give a f**k if I'm honest cos I'd still be totally gutted at not being in the draw.

YNWA

Oh I'm disappointed Billy I'm not going to lie. Think I'm more disappointed with they way we played more than anything. Only thing that makes me feel better is I never thought we could win it this year anyway.

A while back I said United & Liverpool were both making up the numbers in the CL. However, with Liverpool a good attacking team to watch they have made more progress than us and that's with a ( my opinion) sh*t defence apart from VVD.

You guys without doubt deserve your spot in the last 8. United got what they deserved.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #314: Mar 17, 2018 03:23:06 pm
      Keith!!! You are on the wrong thread pal... :D

Here you go; https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,49932.0.html
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #315: Mar 17, 2018 03:28:25 pm
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #316: Mar 17, 2018 03:42:57 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #317: Mar 17, 2018 03:49:59 pm
      United v Spurs in FA Cup I think. I cant stand Spurs, but a united loss would be football heritage?

About CL, City can afford to rest players in PL games, gonna be tough.
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2018 03:56:51 pm by Ribapuru »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #318: Mar 17, 2018 04:14:52 pm
      Oh I'm disappointed Billy I'm not going to lie. Think I'm more disappointed with they way we played more than anything. Only thing that makes me feel better is I never thought we could win it this year anyway.

A while back I said United & Liverpool were both making up the numbers in the CL. However, with Liverpool a good attacking team to watch they have made more progress than us and that's with a ( my opinion) sh*t defence apart from VVD.

You guys without doubt deserve your spot in the last 8. United got what they deserved.

Yep, must admit you lot were basically just sh*te, went out with a whimper and absolutely no fight,
      This is a sign of things that will happpen under the Moanyone,
      Not that i give a F**k but i always said he's not the right man for you lot, but i am quite happy he's there cos it just make me snigger more when you lot F**k things up.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #319: Mar 17, 2018 04:38:43 pm

Yep, must admit you lot were basically just sh*te, went out with a whimper and absolutely no fight,
      This is a sign of things that will happpen under the Moanyone,
      Not that i give a f**k but i always said he's not the right man for you lot, but i am quite happy he's there cos it just make me snigger more when you lot f**k things up.

YNWA

Well we won couple of trophies last year which is more than what you guys have won in the last ten years so I shouldn't really complain.  :D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #320: Mar 18, 2018 03:58:43 am
      I'm not worried. For me it's the perfect tie.

No travel involved which is crucial at this time of the season because our league campaign is still very important.

The way they play suits us right down to the ground too. They've been very, very good this season city but they do have weaknesses. They can be got at. That back four of theirs isn't all that, even when kompany plays.  They are completely wide open to the counter attack and we have much more pace, power and energy than what they have - especially in midfield. We can bully them and beat them on work rate alone.

They have certain strengths of their own. They're very good in possession, very good technically and they have sh*t loads of match winners who can create something out of nothing. They can find tight gaps to play in and of course they have aguero who is deadly if given a chance.

We got drilled 5-0 at their place but let's not forget we were completely on top until mane went off. We were a goal down but we had 3 or 4 huge chances that we didn't convert. It should have been 3 or 4 before mane went. We then fell to pieces but that first 30-35 minutes we twatted them.

We also twatted them at anfield but nearly embarrassed ourselves with a crazy last ten minutes.

But I'm not worried about them. We do much better against a team who come at us who leave space for us to exploit. No matter what the score is I think we will always be in the tie against these. If we were playing juventus for example and they were defending a 2-0 lead then we would find it very difficult to get through them. Not city though.

I bet you they're sh*t scared playing us. The pressure is all on them. F***ing bring it on

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #321: Mar 18, 2018 09:17:58 am

Why do you think Robertson is sh*t? I'd even say Matip, Lovren, Gomez and TAA are ok now when next to VVD.

Quick Reply