Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42028 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #322: Mar 18, 2018 09:22:25 am
      Well we won couple of trophies last year which is more than what you guys have won in the last ten years so I shouldn't really complain.  :D

And that despite your team not having any "heritage", and having worse players than Sevilla despite spending hundreds of millions. Tell me again how much you love having Maureen as your manager. 😀
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #323: Mar 18, 2018 09:39:45 am
      Why do you think Robertson is sh*t? I'd even say Matip, Lovren, Gomez and TAA are ok now when next to VVD.

To be fair Robertson has improved since i made that comment a while back mate.. As for the others! sh*te...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #324: Mar 18, 2018 09:58:36 am
      To be fair Robertson has improved since i made that comment a while back mate.. As for the others! sh*te...

Only one who’s sh*te on that list is Lovren. TAA and Gomez are 19 and being judged as seasoned pro’s.

You need to spend more time worrying about how Maureen is going going to spunk another 300mill and still not achieve his ‘football heritage’ than concerning yourself with our defense  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #325: Mar 18, 2018 10:03:28 am
      Only one who’s sh*te on that list is Lovren. TAA and Gomez are 19 and being judged as seasoned pro’s.

You need to spend more time worrying about how Maureen is going going to spunk another 300mill and still not achieve his ‘football heritage’ than concerning yourself with our defense  :D

No no no  ;D their sh*te. That will come more apparent the further you go in CL.

Im already worried now and thats before he spends another 300 million.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #326: Mar 18, 2018 10:06:37 am

Granted the FA Cup doesn't carry the status it once did but I still love that competition. Back in 1999 though it was still up their with being a great cup to win.

I certainly don't want City doing the treble, hopefully they go out in the semi finals.  ;D

Well don't you worry Keith as we're going to beat City, after yesterday I'm starting to get that same feeling as 2005

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #327: Mar 18, 2018 10:07:59 am
      Well don't you worry Keith as we're going to beat City, after yesterday I'm starting to get that same feeling as 2005

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!

;D ;D ;D

I think i should have £500 on Liverpool to win, that way i still smile if City win.  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #328: Mar 18, 2018 10:09:16 am
      Well we won couple of trophies last year which is more than what you guys have won in the last ten years so I shouldn't really complain.  :D

Yeah but even G Nev has already stated you're still not the most successful club until you catch up with our European Cup wins!!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #329: Mar 18, 2018 10:09:17 am

Kid’s a cracker Keith - been quality for Scotland for years and just needed to settle.

Anyways........Citeh, lets have it!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #330: Mar 18, 2018 10:22:11 am
      ;D ;D ;D

I think i should have £500 on Liverpool to win, that way i still smile if City win.  :D

I'd worry more about your own team tbh, unimpressive win, Jose cracking up and noticed a fair few empty seats at OT for last nights game  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #331: Mar 18, 2018 10:26:16 am
      I'd worry more about your own team tbh, unimpressive win, Jose cracking up and noticed a fair few empty seats at OT for last nights game  ;D

I am mate.  :f_doh:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #332: Mar 19, 2018 03:36:21 am
      Oh I'm disappointed Billy I'm not going to lie. Think I'm more disappointed with they way we played more than anything. Only thing that makes me feel better is I never thought we could win it this year anyway.

A while back I said United & Liverpool were both making up the numbers in the CL. However, with Liverpool a good attacking team to watch they have made more progress than us and that's with a ( my opinion) sh*t defence apart from VVD.

You guys without doubt deserve your spot in the last 8. United got what they deserved.

You were piss poor in both legs and you're right, you got what you deserved.

You can't park buses in every single game hoping to sneak a goal from a defensive error or a set piece. Sooner or later a mid table Spanish side will come along and expose you.

I know Jose won a couple of trophies last season and that his record is very good, but I'm so glad we have a manager who is nothing like him.

I couldn't imagine going to a European cup second leg game at Anfield and putting men behind the ball for 90minutes in a game you need to win against opposition who are mediocre.

The trophies you won last season and the road to those finals was just as bad too. So negative. Boring football. Lucky football at times too. I honestly couldn't imagine going to cup finals knowing my team are going to sit and park the bus and hope for some good fortune.

Klopp has his flaws, he's not perfect, sometimes he's tactically naive but at least I know that my team are going to have a f**king go in every single game we go into. It doesn't matter if it's Yeovil away or Barcelona away, we will always show attacking intent.

If you were still in the CL and you had city then you would put the double decker on the pitch and watch them play for 90minutes. Not us. We will get at them. We will give it everything and have a proper go. We will let them worry about us, not us worry about them and what will be will be.

And when we do win silverware under klopp, which we will, it'll feel so much sweeter doing it that way, than the mourinho man united way. I don't know how any of your fans can get behind that bollocks to be honest.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #333: Mar 19, 2018 07:48:16 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      You were piss poor in both legs and you're right, you got what you deserved.

You can't park buses in every single game hoping to sneak a goal from a defensive error or a set piece. Sooner or later a mid table Spanish side will come along and expose you.

I know Jose won a couple of trophies last season and that his record is very good, but I'm so glad we have a manager who is nothing like him.

I couldn't imagine going to a European cup second leg game at Anfield and putting men behind the ball for 90minutes in a game you need to win against opposition who are mediocre.

The trophies you won last season and the road to those finals was just as bad too. So negative. Boring football. Lucky football at times too. I honestly couldn't imagine going to cup finals knowing my team are going to sit and park the bus and hope for some good fortune.

Klopp has his flaws, he's not perfect, sometimes he's tactically naive but at least I know that my team are going to have a f**king go in every single game we go into. It doesn't matter if it's Yeovil away or Barcelona away, we will always show attacking intent.

If you were still in the CL and you had city then you would put the double decker on the pitch and watch them play for 90minutes. Not us. We will get at them. We will give it everything and have a proper go. We will let them worry about us, not us worry about them and what will be will be.

And when we do win silverware under klopp, which we will, it'll feel so much sweeter doing it that way, than the mourinho man united way. I don't know how any of your fans can get behind that bollocks to be honest.

The same way as ours did under Houllier and Benitez.

Fans don't care how they win as long as they win. It's a facade really. Anything is acceptable if it's successful. When they don't win, then they ask questions.

A week ago, they were celebrating their last league result. They didn't care that it was effectively from 2 big punts up the pitch. This week, the novelty of it has worn off. They lost a home game so now they're off to write messages on bogroll and organise boycotts and protests. They're as fickle as fickle gets.

They are right in one thing. They are not one of the best teams in Europe. You'll never achieve anything of significance with lumpaku and hairbag upfront. They finished 6th best last year, so they didn't meet the qualifying criteria through the league either. Celta should have knocked them out of Europe last year, Seville did. So they're not one of the best teams in Europe. You can only get away with that football for so long.

One other thing. Seville are not mediocre. While they are not Real or Barcelona, they had more right to be in the competition than the mancs. They play good football, and are still unbeaten in the competition at home. As we know very well, they'll give anyone a run for their money. It's not that long ago since the mancs were celebrating the second half in Basle. They ain't celebrating now, they're protesting instead.

For the rest of us, life goes on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #334: Mar 19, 2018 09:02:51 pm

No F***ing way Houllier and Benitez were as negative Jose Mourinho!!!

I’m not having that. Unbelievable final triumphs of 5-4 and 3-3 say otherwise!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #335: Mar 19, 2018 10:05:15 pm

One other thing. Seville are not mediocre. While they are not Real or Barcelona, they had more right to be in the competition than the mancs. They play good football, and are still unbeaten in the competition at home. As we know very well, they'll give anyone a run for their money. It's not that long ago since the mancs were celebrating the second half in Basle. They ain't celebrating now, they're protesting instead.

Mediocre you say! Perhaps we should look at that decipher just what it means?

Now there is no doubt as a neutral you would very much prefer watching Liverpool play than United this year by a country mile. Goals ratio presently, Liverpool 73. United 58.

Whilst our defence is up with the best clubs in the league this year most fans love exciting/attacking football which is very much lacking at the moment. Yes we know this because it's the Mourhino way. Doesn't matter what I think about it as a fan I have to except it. Of course it isn't the United way and have to tolerate it fo the time being.

I question your thoughts on Seville having more rights than United to be in the competition. We won a European trophy that garunteed us getting in the CL. You guys won nothing and got in by the top 4 ruling..

Trophies won by our teams in the last 10 years.

Manchester United honours

Community Shield 2007
      Premier League 2007
      Community Shield 2008
      Premier League 2008
      Champions League 2008
      Club World Cup 2008
      League Cup 2009
      Premier League 2009
      Community Shield 2010
      League Cup 2010
      Community Shield 2011
      Premier League 2011
      Community Shield 2013
      Premier League 2013
      FA Cup 2016
      Community Shield 2016
      League Cup 2017
      Europa Cup 2017

Liverpool honours

League Cup 2011

That sir isn't even mediocrity. Until you get trophies in the cabinet it means nothing from a fans perspective. In a ideal world we want exciting football and trophies which unfortunately isn't always the case. If I have a choice from the above stats i choose the former from the latter every time.

Like I say though, you deserve your place this year and United don't. Stats show we're never far away even when things go against us.

Your right though, life goes on and United continue to fill those cabinets.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #336: Mar 19, 2018 10:13:19 pm

Now there is no doubt as a neutral you would very much prefer watching Liverpool play than United this year by a country mile. Goals ratio presently, Liverpool 73. United 58.

Whilst our defence is up with the best clubs in the league this year most fans love exciting/attacking football which is very much lacking at the moment. Yes we know this because it's the Mourhino way. Doesn't matter what I think about it as a fan I have to except it. Of course it isn't the United way and have to tolerate it fo the time being.

I question your thoughts on Seville having more rights than United to be in the competition. We won a European trophy that garunteed us getting in the CL. You guys won nothing and got in by the top 4 ruling..

Community Shield 2007
      Premier League 2007
      Community Shield 2008
      Premier League 2008
      Champions League 2008
      Club World Cup 2008
      League Cup 2009
      Premier League 2009
      Community Shield 2010
      League Cup 2010
      Community Shield 2011
      Premier League 2011
      Community Shield 2013
      Premier League 2013
      FA Cup 2016
      Community Shield 2016
      League Cup 2017
      Europa Cup 2017

Liverpool honours

League Cup 2011

That sir isn't even mediocrity. Until you get trophies in the cabinet it means nothing from a fans perspective. In a ideal world we want exciting football and trophies which unfortunately isn't always the case. If I have a choice from the above stats i choose the former from the latter every time.

Like I say though, you deserve your place this year and United don't. Stats show we're never far away even when things go against us.

Nobody is disputing the trophy haul
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #337: Mar 19, 2018 11:59:24 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

Like I say though, you deserve your place this year and United don't.

The "mediocrity" referred to general comments about Seville.

The trophy list posted up, was fleshed out by several Community Shields. If you consider that a trophy, then I can throw in the PL Asia Trophy we won last year. If not, then I won't.

Seville got into this competition the same way we did, earned through their league performance. You finished 6th in the league last year. What does that entitle you to in normal circumstances? The UEFA Cup, like everyone else who finished 6th in their own league. You got in the European Cup by the back door, so you were very lucky to make it at all.

I don't know what the manc "way" is, not particularly interested either. I don't remember them having any "way" before 1993, apart from a few cups and getting lucky results against us every year. The stock response to every bad result they have nowadays is comparing results now, to results during the 20 years of oppression. That era is gone, and reminiscing about it, isn't going to suddenly change Mourinho's spots. You wanted a functional coach to be in charge at your club, so that's what you got, and now you have to live with that.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #338: Mar 20, 2018 03:37:53 am

Fans don't care how they win as long as they win. It's a facade really. Anything is acceptable if it's successful. When they don't win, then they ask questions.

A week ago, they were celebrating their last league result. They didn't care that it was effectively from 2 big punts up the pitch. This week, the novelty of it has worn off. They lost a home game so now they're off to write messages on bogroll and organise boycotts and protests. They're as fickle as fickle gets.

They are right in one thing. They are not one of the best teams in Europe. You'll never achieve anything of significance with lumpaku and hairbag upfront. They finished 6th best last year, so they didn't meet the qualifying criteria through the league either. Celta should have knocked them out of Europe last year, Seville did. So they're not one of the best teams in Europe. You can only get away with that football for so long.

You have a short memory mate. We weren't negative under either manager. Both preferred building teams from the back rather than our Jürgen who seems to prefer building his team from the front but we were still very attacking under both houllier and Rafa. Both managers had a decent balance and they had a good understanding of defence and attack.

With Rafa we beat Real Madrid 4-0, a Ferguson man united away 4-1...and that season we scored the most goals in the league, we smashed the European record by beating besiktas 8-0, we beat Barca at the nou camp and are still the only English side to do so, came back from the dead and scored 3 against Milan...i could go on and on but the point being you don't get those results by parking the bus.

I could give similar examples with houllier too but I won't bother. The point being is I thoroughly enjoyed our success under both of those managers and I had great days out in the finals and at all the games leading up to them. I never once felt we were negative or boring. We were solid yes, very solid and organised under Rafa in particular, but some of the football was sublime at times too.

I honestly couldn't get behind a mourinho team and I'm so thankful he isn't our manager and that we have one who is the complete opposite to him. I couldn't give a sh*t what his record is, I just couldn't be arsed going to a cup final knowing your team are going to park the double decker no matter who the opposition are and just hope they slip up defensively or you snatch a goal from a set piece.

I couldn't be arsed parking the bus at home against your neighbours Man City who despite their recent success, are a much smaller club. Everton could be taken over by another multi billionaire but I'd still be F***ing embarsssed to F**k if we ever parked the bus against them, especially at Anfield. I'd be raging.

I've watched united a lot under mourinho and they bore me to tears. They were incredibly negative in Seville but they came back with a good result. Instead of going for it in the second leg they used the same negative tactics and they got what they deserved. Their luck finally ran out and they were exposed by what I consider a mediocre team.

Sevilla aren't what they were a season or two ago. They're having a poor league campaign and from the two games we had with them in the group stages then I consider them a mediocre team. We drew both games by our usual school boy defending gifting them goals.

So I care about how we win. I just couldn't get behind a mourinho team. It isn't just about silverware for me. I also want to feel proud of my team and have some sort of satisfaction of being the best.  I want entertainment too obviously. 

We will get there with klopp and as i said, it'll taste so much sweeter. The mancs can shove their mourinho/pulis tactics up their arse.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #339: Mar 20, 2018 07:21:06 am
      You got in the European Cup by the back door, so you were very lucky to make it at all.

Given a choice in qualifying for the CL coming 2nd,3rd 4th or winning the Europa Cup then it would be the Europa Cup every time. It's a no brainer.......... To me anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #340: Mar 20, 2018 08:51:07 am

I've watched united a lot under mourinho and they bore me to tears. They were incredibly negative in Seville but they came back with a good result. Instead of going for it in the second leg they used the same negative tactics and they got what they deserved. Their luck finally ran out and they were exposed by what I consider a mediocre team.

Sevilla aren't what they were a season or two ago. They're having a poor league campaign and from the two games we had with them in the group stages then I consider them a mediocre team. We drew both games by our usual school boy defending gifting them goals.

So I care about how we win. I just couldn't get behind a mourinho team. It isn't just about silverware for me. I also want to feel proud of my team and have some sort of satisfaction of being the best.  I want entertainment too obviously. 

We will get there with klopp and as i said, it'll taste so much sweeter. The mancs can shove their mourinho/pulis tactics up their arse.

Do you know! I like your post very much and worthy of a +1. It's very much a fair reflection on how it is at United these days. I've been to quite a few matches this year and come away frustrated the way we've played.
      As a fan we can only watch/observe the way we play. Am I a lover of parking the bus? NO. I do except though there're times when it's needed and I except it, especially in a cup final and you've got the 1/2 goals you need.

I can name many games where the bus was parked but will just go for the two. Liverpool at anfield was probably one of his biggest mistake. The history of our two clubs didn't deserve that and can see why both set of fans went home pissed off.

Away to Sevilla was the other. Mourinho knew ( on paper ) we were good for a goal or two at Old Trafford which obviously back fired. Don't get me wrong I still love the man but wish he would open up more with his players on the pitch. What's happening with Sanchez presently is killing me.

Servilla are exactly what you say! Poor team.

Watching your team win cups and playing exciting football at the same time is paradise. Something which is very much lacking at Old Trafford. Liverpool doing everything the right way at moment but still need that coveted trophy or two for the fans, even if that means parking the bus two up in a cup final.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #341: Mar 20, 2018 10:55:26 am
      Keith.

May I remind you we are England's most successful club of the 20th century.

Do you have any argument for that statistic ?

No?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #342: Mar 20, 2018 12:50:30 pm
      Keith.

May I remind you we are England's most successful club of the 20th century.

Do you have any argument for that statistic ?

No?

Think you will find out we've won more trophies than you now.  :D Your the second most successful club of all time  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #343: Mar 20, 2018 01:58:55 pm

Community Shield 2007
      Premier League 2007
      Community Shield 2008
      Premier League 2008
      Champions League 2008
      Club World Cup 2008
      League Cup 2009
      Premier League 2009
      Community Shield 2010
      League Cup 2010
      Community Shield 2011
      Premier League 2011
      Community Shield 2013
      Premier League 2013
      FA Cup 2016
      Community Shield 2016
      League Cup 2017
      Europa Cup 2017

Liverpool honours

League Cup 2011

and yet your manager says you have no heritage, I'm sure Ferguson must love to hear that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #344: Mar 20, 2018 02:11:28 pm
      Think you will find out we've won more trophies than you now.  :D Your the second most successful club of all time  ;)

Not for long, not for long, by all means give Maureen another £300 million to piss away on players who don't fit and who he falls out with whilst playing shithouse last decade tactics.

Quick Reply