Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42377 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #391: Mar 22, 2018 04:31:50 pm
      You mix me up with someone else, I don't mouth off.

You posted a list of united's trophies,no? we know what you fuckers have won we don't need to be told.That's the only issue i have.This is the quarter finals thread been derailed by a manc fan.Anyway see the blue mancs are crying about our lads welcoming our team in Liverpool.cry babies, :f_wah:.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #392: Mar 22, 2018 04:42:11 pm
      Hey fella,

Just because Keith supports the "Enemy" doesn't mean he can't post the things he does. Right or wrong about listing what Man U have won, is no more than we would do on Red Café.
      And before you jump to any conclusions, no one, repeat no one dislikes the Mancs more than me.
      He comes in peace and that's fine by me and most others on here, just saying like.

Mate,didn't say he shouldn't post,just don't F***ing list ya cup wins,pretty f***in simple for a Liverpool forum?As an aside i just had a look at the lfcboston facebook page and there is manccunt on there posting about "always the victims",is that just Banter?Any way off subject,sorry. Anyone know when the blue mancs started this cityzen sh*te?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #393: Mar 22, 2018 05:39:48 pm

You posted a list of united's trophies,no? we know what you fuckers have won we don't need to be told.That's the only issue i have.This is the quarter finals thread been derailed by a manc fan.Anyway see the blue mancs are crying about our lads welcoming our team in Liverpool.cry babies, :f_wah:.

If you took enough time to read the reason why you would understand. Your obviously one to avoid being a manc hater..  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Goodbye.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #394: Mar 22, 2018 07:35:35 pm
      If you took enough time to read the reason why you would understand. Your obviously one to avoid being a manc hater..  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Goodbye.

Most LFC fans are.

You're the reason I don't look at this forum as much as I used to.

A Utd fan buzzing about an LFC forum trying to debate and act all nicely nice when you already showed your true colours and got banned once is just weird. Why wouldn't you debate with you own?

People can think I'm shallow or whatever but honestly, I want to come on a LFC forum to see the discussions of LFC reds not a Utd fan.

Every now and again off topic fine, normal even, but everywhere, all the time? Na, F***ing weird.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #395: Mar 22, 2018 08:59:15 pm
      Most LFC fans are.

You're the reason I don't look at this forum as much as I used to.

A Utd fan buzzing about an LFC forum trying to debate and act all nicely nice when you already showed your true colours and got banned once is just weird. Why wouldn't you debate with you own?

People can think I'm shallow or whatever but honestly, I want to come on a LFC forum to see the discussions of LFC reds not a Utd fan.

Every now and again off topic fine, normal even, but everywhere, all the time? Na, f**king weird.

Many  diverse off topic on a regular basis, they don't mean too it's just how the conversation goes. Didn't get banned for being a WUM. It was about starting a complementary topic about a member.

Back on topic now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #396: Mar 22, 2018 09:10:26 pm
      I don't know how you dare call anybody a Manc hater when you spouted this comment yesterday.

Salah bit like Klopp, very hard to dislike as he never moans, isn't a dirty player and not a diver. Not like you Aussie fuckers who're all cu*ts  :f_whistle:

That was the final straw when it comes to opinions.

1) Post Manchester United's lost list of achievements in comparison to ours
      2) Say we won't win anything
      3) Xenophobic remarks towards Australians.

Seriously, I can't understand why there are a bunch of people backing you up over it. I used to think you were an okay person to have banter with but now since United's CL exit you have some inferiority complex where you have to constantly try to make everybody think United are better than Liverpool. They may have won more stuff recently, but United are on the down and Liverpool on the up this last 2 seasons and we can win something. I hope it will be the champions league, which United can't win because of heritage.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #397: Mar 22, 2018 09:38:21 pm
      I don't know how you dare call anybody a Manc hater when you spouted this comment yesterday.

That was the final straw when it comes to opinions.

1) Post Manchester United's lost list of achievements in comparison to ours
      2) Say we won't win anything
      3) Xenophobic remarks towards Australians.

Seriously, I can't understand why there are a bunch of people backing you up over it. I used to think you were an okay person to have banter with but now since United's CL exit you have some inferiority complex where you have to constantly try to make everybody think United are better than Liverpool. They may have won more stuff recently, but United are on the down and Liverpool on the up this last 2 seasons and we can win something. I hope it will be the champions league, which United can't win because of heritage.

Oh my god! Unbelievable. Me and Aussie Red best of mates on here. He 100% knows it's banter with him which I know he will confirm when he reads this post. You really need to chill.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #398: Mar 22, 2018 09:48:53 pm
      Oh my god! Unbelievable. Me and Aussie Red best of mates on here. He 100% knows it's banter with him which I know he will confirm when he reads this post. You really need to chill.
      I already know that you are Aussie are, but it still could be offensive to other people. You have to be aware this is a public forum.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #399: Mar 22, 2018 09:59:30 pm
      I already know that you are Aussie are, but it still could be offensive to other people. You have to be aware this is a public forum.

We really need to get back on topic so this is my very last post on the matter. I can't help if you get offended when me and Aussie Red are having GOOD banter.  Everybody jokes using abusive swear words most of the times. We're men, that's what men do, espically when talking football.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #400: Mar 22, 2018 10:39:20 pm
      Wait until we are on the brink of winning silverware, and the inferiority complex will go up another few notches.

When we were in the title run in with Rodgers, the begrudgers started crawling out of the woodwork, the better the results got. Not just their fans, but other clubs too, telling us how much they hate our fans and throwing all the usual incidents going back decades, at us.

I remember one particular manc on a different football forum who couldn't even wait until the final whistle to start a new thread celebrating the outcome of the UEFA Cup Final. When he was finished dong that, he focused on the handbags just before ko. And there was only one direction that debate was going, back to events in the 80's. It's their stock answer to everything Liverpool fan related.

He got his comeuppance last week.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #401: Mar 25, 2018 05:31:18 am
      I know what you've said about them, and it baffles me. Why people pick holes after we've just destroyed the opposition 3 4 5 zip beats me.

Most British pundits knowledge of Spanish football consists of Real Madrid and Barcelona, everyone else from there is rubbish, and their dismissive attitude to the other European competition stinks. But you just don't get into the quarter finals of this competition, without being a decent side. How many times have Seville won a European trophy in recent years? More than the mancs anyway.

You can tell me I'm wrong about Rafa and Houllier if you want. I have my opinions and I back them up. Houllier was widely condemned at the time for the 0-0 draw in Barcelona, and questioned by Beckenbauer for parking the bus at home to Leverkusen. Benitez was attacked by Cryuff for the first 0-0 draw at Chelsea. So it's more than just me. The 2001 cup final in Cardiff was a park the bus job until we went behind. Then we started playing and rescued the game. You can argue we got the result we wanted and even I wouldn't dispute that, but in doing so you prove my point that fans of this, or any club, will accept any way of winning while it delivers results and trophies.

It doesn't matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement. What's wrong with discussing it? Isn't that why we're here? Or are we only allowed to come on and say 'we were excellent today, perfect performance, every single player played exceptionally well, nothing more to say'?  That would be pretty boring in my opinion.

We might beat a team by 3 or 4 but I'll still express concern over some things. I'm not one of those super fans who wears rose tinted specs. I'll just say it how it is.

We often blow teams away nowadays but we still have some issues to address. So what's so wrong with highlighting them? If I only spoke about our problems whenever we lost or drew then wouldn't you call me a knee jerk?

We currently have big problems in both centre midfield and at right back for example. It's ok when we're playing at home against Watford because our attack will just drill sh*t teams like that and rip them apart, so people either ignore the issues or are blinded by it because of the scoreline. But against better opposition I expect those issues to be exposed, a bit like united away.

Moving on from that, i honestly couldn't give a sh*t about what Sevilla have won in recent seasons. I've said three or four times now they aren't the same side that they were a couple of seasons ago. It's going straight over your head though. Leicester city won the league 2 seasons ago. They're now a mid table side. Do you still consider them a top team?

Now you can pretend to be an expert on Spanish football and sevilla if you want, but I've not seen one person agree with you on it. During the quarter final draw, pretty much every single pundit said that Sevilla are the weakest team left in the competition by some margin and that everybody will be hoping to get them. That's despite having Roma in it, who aren't anything special, and us whos players are inexperienced at this stage.

We've played sevilla twice and in both games we absolutely battered them but our defending, and in particular Moreno, let us down. If you think otherwise there's just no debating with you any further on this. In my opinion your digging your heels in to prove some sort of weird point. Just watch the games again and then come back and tell me how great sevilla are.

And your idea of parking the bus is just completely wrong. I don't think you understand what parking the bus actually means. The FA cup final 2001 I was there and I remember it well. And we did not park the bus. We just got absolutely smashed for 80 minutes by the best team in the country at that time. They were just better than us and completely outplayed us. There is a big difference in parking the bus and not being able to get on the ball.

Ok, if you thought we were boring, negative and repeatedly parked the bus under both houllier and Rafa then fine, nothing I will say will change your mind but based on your comments I don't think you really understand football, or maybe just the phrase parking the bus. Rafa is a defensive manager, there is nothing wrong with that, but he always showed attacking intent too. We always had a flair about us. We could always play football.

United, for example, purposely turn up to games (look at their visits to anfield in recent seasons) and PARK A BUS. Meaning they have absolutely no intention on attacking us. They want a 0-0 draw.

Against us, they pushed both wingers into the full back positions and then pushed the full backs inside effectively having 4 centre halves and a 6 man defence.  They then had three holding midfielders. Now that is the definition of parking the bus and we have never done any such thing.

Other teams like West Brom and Everton have played that way. They hope to get a lucky break somewhere, from a set piece perhaps. And that's why everybody in the game describes them as bus parkers. But we have never, ever, been like that. Who has ever called us that apart from you? I've never in my life seen anybody call liverpool a bus parking side so I do wonder if you actually understand the phrase, or football. 

Finally, i didn't prove any point of yours because I think your just waffling and talking absolute nonsense to be honest. I would never agree with the mourinho approach (as described as above) even if we won a trophy at the end of it. I wouldn't accept that style at all and I'd be repeatedly calling for the manager to be sacked.

I've repeatedly said I couldn't get behind that approach and I'm thankful we're nothing like them (and we never were under either houllier or Rafa, you're talking absolute sh*t).

Just going round in circles now aren't we. Cba reading your reply on how great sevilla are, how negative we were under houllier and Rafa, and then how I wouldn't give a sh*t if we parked the bus as long as we won a trophy. So I won't be replying any more.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #402: Mar 25, 2018 09:47:40 pm
      I've said this more times I care to remember, I prefer this forum than redcafe. For the record there're loads of Liverpool supporters that have thousands of post on redcafe. We may be rivals but the one thing we all have in common is we LOVE FOOTBALL!

It's not all about rivalry but I except with many it is. I very much enjoy this site and get on really well with plenty. I know some members ignore me coz they hate mancs FULL STOP.  I don't have any problem with that. Been a member on here long enough to know the manc haters now so I simply don't get involved in dialogue with them.

So once again my motives.. (( in a nut shell ))... Football and great banter with the lads that can give/take it both ways..

PS.. No explicit sex remarks with that last paragraph you know what I mean. ;D

F**k so why do you keep talking to me!  ;D ;D

And you shouldn't be in this thread, it's only for those that are still IN the Champions League.  :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #403: Mar 25, 2018 10:30:59 pm

And you shouldn't be in this thread, it's only for those that are still IN the Champions League.  :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055:
      You Aussies can be real bi*ch's sometimes!

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2018 10:42:53 pm by frizzby5 »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #404: Mar 25, 2018 10:37:28 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      It doesn't matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement. What's wrong with discussing it? Isn't that why we're here? Or are we only allowed to come on and say 'we were excellent today, perfect performance, every single player played exceptionally well, nothing more to say'?  That would be pretty boring in my opinion.

We might beat a team by 3 or 4 but I'll still express concern over some things. I'm not one of those super fans who wears rose tinted specs. I'll just say it how it is.

We often blow teams away nowadays but we still have some issues to address. So what's so wrong with highlighting them? If I only spoke about our problems whenever we lost or drew then wouldn't you call me a knee jerk?

We currently have big problems in both centre midfield and at right back for example. It's ok when we're playing at home against Watford because our attack will just drill sh*t teams like that and rip them apart, so people either ignore the issues or are blinded by it because of the scoreline. But against better opposition I expect those issues to be exposed, a bit like united away.

Moving on from that, i honestly couldn't give a sh*t about what Sevilla have won in recent seasons. I've said three or four times now they aren't the same side that they were a couple of seasons ago. It's going straight over your head though. Leicester city won the league 2 seasons ago. They're now a mid table side. Do you still consider them a top team?

Now you can pretend to be an expert on Spanish football and sevilla if you want, but I've not seen one person agree with you on it. During the quarter final draw, pretty much every single pundit said that Sevilla are the weakest team left in the competition by some margin and that everybody will be hoping to get them. That's despite having Roma in it, who aren't anything special, and us whos players are inexperienced at this stage.

We've played sevilla twice and in both games we absolutely battered them but our defending, and in particular Moreno, let us down. If you think otherwise there's just no debating with you any further on this. In my opinion your digging your heels in to prove some sort of weird point. Just watch the games again and then come back and tell me how great sevilla are.

And your idea of parking the bus is just completely wrong. I don't think you understand what parking the bus actually means. The FA cup final 2001 I was there and I remember it well. And we did not park the bus. We just got absolutely smashed for 80 minutes by the best team in the country at that time. They were just better than us and completely outplayed us. There is a big difference in parking the bus and not being able to get on the ball.

Ok, if you thought we were boring, negative and repeatedly parked the bus under both houllier and Rafa then fine, nothing I will say will change your mind. Rafa is a defensive manager.

United, for example, purposely turn up to games (look at their visits to anfield in recent seasons) and PARK A BUS. Meaning they have absolutely no intention on attacking us. They want a 0-0 draw.

Against us, they pushed both wingers into the full back positions and then pushed the full backs inside effectively having 4 centre halves and a 6 man defence.  They then had three holding midfielders. Now that is the definition of parking the bus and we have never done any such thing.

Other teams like West Brom and Everton have played that way. They hope to get a lucky break somewhere, from a set piece perhaps. And that's why everybody in the game describes them as bus parkers. But we have never, ever, been like that. Who has ever called us that apart from you? I've never in my life seen anybody call liverpool a bus parking side so I do wonder if you actually understand the phrase, or football. 

I would never agree with the mourinho approach even if we won a trophy at the end of it. I wouldn't accept that style at all and I'd be repeatedly calling for the manager to be sacked.

No you wouldn't. When we win, nobody will care how it comes about, and anyone calling for someone to be sacked after just delivering trophies would be laughed off a website or any other platform. Hence why Singleton still, in his wisdom, believes Mourinho is the best man for their job, and boasts about his trophy haul last year instead of examining why they finished 6th in the league. We laugh at him, but we're all in this game to win after all.

I never said Seville are "great", what I have said is they're a decent European side from one of the best leagues in Europe, they've shown that in recent years, and have again this year. You have the right to not care about that, but they're in the quarters for a reason and it's not because they're the Leicester of La Liga.

Parking the bus is the 11 players behind the ball gameplan for 90 minutes (or as long as they're not behind) let the opposition have the ball and tell them to break them down. It's the easiest gameplan in the book, albeit the hardest to watch. Some of them are not interested in getting a lucky break, they just want to sit there. But it takes a lot of discipline and organisation to work for 90 minutes. One mistake and the plan collapses like a pack of cards. I've printed up 32 results over 10 years. One or two of them you can call a bad day or bad luck. 32? There's a fair bit more to it than just bad luck.

Today, when we take a narrow lead in a key game, posters here complain that we're not boring enough to see a game out. Thankfully we usually win by big margins, so 4 and 5-0 walkovers are less great results and more a fair reflection of the differences between the sides. We know this side has issues, we have the odd setback from time to time, and of course there is room for improvement. But you also have to see the direction we're heading in, and appreciate where we are. We're halfway through a 4 year timescale to deliver the league title. If we continue progressing at the rate that we are, we should be ready for a genuine shot at the title in 2020, 30 years on from No. 18.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #405: Mar 25, 2018 10:47:21 pm

Stop swearing as I might get offended by your wordings  :f_tongueincheek:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #406: Mar 25, 2018 11:27:56 pm

Hey, I was watching the A-League today, what a pile of sh*t!!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #407: Mar 26, 2018 01:04:14 am
      No you wouldn't. When we win, nobody will care how it comes about, and anyone calling for someone to be sacked after just delivering trophies would be laughed off a website or any other platform. Hence why Singleton still, in his wisdom, believes Mourinho is the best man for their job, and boasts about his trophy haul last year instead of examining why they finished 6th in the league. We laugh at him, but we're all in this game to win after all.

I never said Seville are "great", what I have said is they're a decent European side from one of the best leagues in Europe, they've shown that in recent years, and have again this year. You have the right to not care about that, but they're in the quarters for a reason and it's not because they're the Leicester of La Liga.

Parking the bus is the 11 players behind the ball gameplan for 90 minutes (or as long as they're not behind) let the opposition have the ball and tell them to break them down. It's the easiest gameplan in the book, albeit the hardest to watch. Some of them are not interested in getting a lucky break, they just want to sit there. But it takes a lot of discipline and organisation to work for 90 minutes. One mistake and the plan collapses like a pack of cards. I've printed up 32 results over 10 years. One or two of them you can call a bad day or bad luck. 32? There's a fair bit more to it than just bad luck.

Today, when we take a narrow lead in a key game, posters here complain that we're not boring enough to see a game out. Thankfully we usually win by big margins, so 4 and 5-0 walkovers are less great results and more a fair reflection of the differences between the sides. We know this side has issues, we have the odd setback from time to time, and of course there is room for improvement. But you also have to see the direction we're heading in, and appreciate where we are. We're halfway through a 4 year timescale to deliver the league title. If we continue progressing at the rate that we are, we should be ready for a genuine shot at the title in 2020, 30 years on from No. 18.

I honestly don't know why we're were still talking. And how we're talking about sh*t really.

All I'm going to say is you don't know my opinions on football. I've told you 5 or 6 times in this thread alone that I wouldn't support a bus parking approach even if we were guaranteed a trophy at the end of it. You keep ignoring what I say and tell me that it wouldn't bother me and I'd welcome it. Well nobody knows how I feel better than what I do, and I'm telling you I wouldn't be happy about it. I won't say it again.

Mourinho has a decent record at united already but there are still plenty of fans who haven't taken to him and even want him out. They're man united. We can hate them all we want but they have a way of doing things. They were brilliant under Ferguson let's be brutally honest about that and they've gone from being the best footballing team in the country to putting every man behind the ball hoping for a draw.

You're referring to sevilla of the last few seasons. Not the 17-18 team. I don't know how many times I've got to say that. They've reached the quarter finals but they were gifted an easy group (along with us) and they faced man united in the KO stages who didn't attack them in either leg. United got what they deserved for being so negative. Had they had a bit of bottle and went for it then I don't doubt for a second they'd have knocked out sevilla. They're a much better side.

We don't have to see a game out by parking a bus though. We can just kill the game by keeping possession. The way Barca do for example.

If you support the bus parking approach sound. You're entitled to your opinion but do me a favour mate, don't tell me that I should or that I will agree with it if it meant trophies. Because I wouldn't.

We're liverpool. And the day we play a back 6 and 3 holding midfielders is the day I stop going the match.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #408: Mar 26, 2018 01:49:37 am
      You Aussies can be real bi*ch's sometimes!

Especially when it comes to ball tampering in Cricket.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Stop swearing as I might get offended by your wordings  :f_tongueincheek:

F**k of Manker  ;D

Hey, I was watching the A-League today, what a pile of sh*t!!!

Yep, I don't even watch it myself mate, only Team I watch is Liverpool. F**k the rest.  :angel:

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #409: Mar 26, 2018 10:41:44 am
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      I honestly don't know why we're were still talking.

All I'm going to say is you don't know my opinions on football. I've told you 5 or 6 times in this thread alone that I wouldn't support a bus parking approach even if we were guaranteed a trophy at the end of it. You keep ignoring what I say and tell me that it wouldn't bother me and I'd welcome it. Well nobody knows how I feel better than what I do, and I'm telling you I wouldn't be happy about it. I won't say it again.

Mourinho has a decent record at united already but there are still plenty of fans who haven't taken to him and even want him out. They're man united. We can hate them all we want but they have a way of doing things. They were brilliant under Ferguson let's be brutally honest about that and they've gone from being the best footballing team in the country to putting every man behind the ball hoping for a draw.

You're referring to sevilla of the last few seasons. Not the 17-18 team. I don't know how many times I've got to say that. They've reached the quarter finals but they were gifted an easy group (along with us) and they faced man united in the KO stages who didn't attack them in either leg. United got what they deserved for being so negative. Had they had a bit of bottle and went for it then I don't doubt for a second they'd have knocked out sevilla. They're a much better side.

We don't have to see a game out by parking a bus though. We can just kill the game by keeping possession. The way Barca do for example.

If you support the bus parking approach sound. You're entitled to your opinion but do me a favour mate, don't tell me that I should or that I will agree with it if it meant trophies. Because I wouldn't.

We're still talking because this thread is about European opposition, which is the point of it really. Plus the fact that the draw has long since been made.

Now you tell us Seville got an "easy" group. And I tell you it was the same group we got, that we struggled at the start, and where nobody qualified until the last day. There were other groups that were decided after 4 games. They are the easy groups.

Honest or not, you will never see me put the words "mancs" and "were brilliant" in the same sentence. Besides, I don't necessarily think they were, when the tyrant was in charge. I think he and they were utterly ruthless in how they went about winning games. Intimidating match officials, opponents, authorities, the media, if it gained an advantage. How many times did they get penalties at home as and when they needed them? How many times was he banned from the touchline down the years? Not many questioned why. Now that era is over and there's a new sheriff in charge, whom they were selling scarves about, 6 months before he arrived at the toilet. So now he's there and they have to deal with the "way" he plays the game. If they were much better than Seville, they would be playing Bayern Munich next week. But they're not and they aren't. They play a sterile, functional, outdated brand of football, that was exposed for what it is, by a side who play better quality football and deserved to qualify. So they will be watching the rest of the competition on a red button, while the cream of Europe fight it out for the trophy.

I never advocate us parking any buses, and we are very lucky to have a coach who wants to win games by scoring goals, instead of just keeping them out. But if we had to win a trophy by parking a bus, I sure wouldn't be calling for my coach to be sacked the day after, or laying into the players warning of banana skins going forward. That doesn't mean the issues disappear, it simply means we'll face that bridge when we come to it. Winning silverware is a time to celebrate and congratulate, not criticise. That can wait until a more appropriate time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #410: Mar 26, 2018 02:14:36 pm

Ok, if you thought we were boring, negative and repeatedly parked the bus under both houllier and Rafa then fine, nothing I will say will change your mind but based on your comments I don't think you really understand football, or maybe just the phrase parking the bus. Rafa is a defensive manager, there is nothing wrong with that, but he always showed attacking intent too. We always had a flair about us. We could always play football.

Finally, i didn't prove any point of yours because I think your just waffling and talking absolute nonsense to be honest. I would never agree with the mourinho approach (as described as above) even if we won a trophy at the end of it. I wouldn't accept that style at all and I'd be repeatedly calling for the manager to be sacked.

I've repeatedly said I couldn't get behind that approach and I'm thankful we're nothing like them (and we never were under either houllier or Rafa, you're talking absolute sh*t).

Just going round in circles now aren't we. Cba reading your reply on how great sevilla are, how negative we were under houllier and Rafa, and then how I wouldn't give a sh*t if we parked the bus as long as we won a trophy. So I won't be replying any more.

I think most of us recognize midfield as an area in need of major improvement (even beyond Naby Keita). I felt it was the top area to upgrade last summer, although I understand bringing in a top defender was also important.

You mention right back and for me,  that is going to be a very interesting decision on Klopp's part. He's got the veteran England international coming back in Clyne. More reliable defensively but not really anything to write home about when it comes to going forward. He's got the two kids, both who are promising, but both of whom show shortcomings when you are looking for a team capable of winning at the highest level. TAA is the best going forward but defensively not so much. Gomez has come so far since his injury but he still gets caught out of position at times and is more of a center back anyway. Clyne probably will not be interested to stick around as a backcup or squad player. Klopp will probably feel he can make TAA into that complete right back that we need, but can he do it by next season? Or is this a case of supporters needing to be patient with a precocious young talent?

All that to say I'd be surprised if Klopp buys a new right back but he will have some decisions to make, perhaps starting with who starts there vs. Man City in the quarterfinal.
      Kenny Dalglish fan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #411: Mar 26, 2018 06:57:07 pm
      Hello guys,

I don't think I'm in the right section, but I couldn't see the best place to post this. Hope you forgive me :)

Big LFC supporter from Holland here!

I've bought tickets for me and my dad for the LFC - MCFC game but lost them (Yes, I did :o).

I already bought the flight tickets and the hotel, so we are planning to go any way.

Anyone got a suggestion where I still might get some?

Thank you in advance!  :)
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #412: Mar 26, 2018 09:46:14 pm
      Hello guys,

I don't think I'm in the right section, but I couldn't see the best place to post this. Hope you forgive me :)

Big LFC supporter from Holland here!

I've bought tickets for me and my dad for the LFC - MCFC game but lost them (Yes, I did :o).

I already bought the flight tickets and the hotel, so we are planning to go any way.

Anyone got a suggestion where I still might get some?

Thank you in advance!  :)

Where and when did you buy the tickets. If you bought from a genuine supplier why don't you appeal to them. If you knew the ticket number they should reissue the tickets. Or if you paid by credit card or whatever. They should be able to track down your purchase.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #413: Mar 27, 2018 04:45:28 pm
      Champions League and Europa League: Uefa announces new rules
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43555381..

In Short...
      As it stands, January signings cannot play for a second club in the Champions League or Europa League if they have already featured in that competition.

A fourth substitute will be allowed in extra time of knockout ties, while 12 substitutes can be named in the finals.

Some Champions League group games will kick off earlier - at 17:55 BST/GMT.

Quick Reply