Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Racism in English Football

Read 2058 times
      Lee_HTFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer
      • Started Topic

• 34 posts |
      Racism in English Football
      Mar 07, 2018 08:06:43 pm
      Hi everyone,
      I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Racism in English Football
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2018 09:32:57 am
      Done mate. Good luck.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2018 09:56:15 am
      Hi everyone,
      I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM

Done, good luck.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2018 11:47:55 am
      Done mate.

I personally haven't witnessed any racism at the match. Im sure it still goes on somewhere but I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue in the UK as it is in other European countries.

The kick it out campaigns have done a good job but with the amount of security cameras inside the ground now and the police/clubs taking a much harder stance on racism then it rarely happens. The vast majority of seats are allocated in somebody's name so it's easy to identify any knobheads now too.

I see a few horrible posts on social media from time to time but they're usually sent behind fake or blag accounts. I don't think the rise in social media has risen any racism in football.  If anything, that is another reason why there has been such a crack down on it - it's easy to identify the culprits.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2018 12:05:24 pm
      It's nowhere near as overt as it was when I was growing up. I've witnessed more casual homophobia in recent times, than I have racism though.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2018 12:28:14 pm
      Done mate.

I personally haven't witnessed any racism at the match. Im sure it still goes on somewhere but I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue in the UK as it is in other European countries.

The kick it out campaigns have done a good job but with the amount of security cameras inside the ground now and the police/clubs taking a much harder stance on racism then it rarely happens. The vast majority of seats are allocated in somebody's name so it's easy to identify any knobheads now too.

I see a few horrible posts on social media from time to time but they're usually sent behind fake or blag accounts. I don't think the rise in social media has risen any racism in football.  If anything, that is another reason why there has been such a crack down on it - it's easy to identify the culprits.

Aye, it's one of the few good things the FA and the clubs have had major success in.

Ps: done
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #6: Mar 08, 2018 12:32:13 pm
      Interesting survey.
      Iā€™d be really interested to see what black and other ethnic origin players and fans think but I havenā€™t heard much obviously-racist behaviour at games for a while now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2018 01:12:07 pm
      Interesting survey.
      Iā€™d be really interested to see what black and other ethnic origin players and fans think but I havenā€™t heard much obviously-racist behaviour at games for a while now.

Interesting isnā€™t it.

I definitely hear it still in the broader football church - bear in mind Iā€™m only at Anfield 2/3 times a season and had no issues there.

I coached for 10 years in youth football and itā€™s definitely still there - all be it in a more casual way........black kids are fast, Latin kids dive and Asian kids will make good agents...... :mad:

All stuff Iā€™ve heard positioned as ā€œpositiveā€ statements about kids by other coaches and parents.

I had to ban 3 parents a couple years ago for that sort of boorish behaviour. Not my finest moment as I lowered myself to their level to make the point extremely clear.

Overall much, much better but a way to go and - as you say - be much more interesting to hear some minority thoughts rather than my liberal WASPish ass opining......
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2018 01:21:39 pm
      Done, good luck with your research.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: Mar 08, 2018 03:16:23 pm
      Done.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Mar 08, 2018 03:40:44 pm
      It doesn't seem logical to do this without a text entry field for year the incident happened. This is because social media expended gradually. Socially media did not just appear out of nowhere 20 years ago, it has been gradually getting users at an increased but not exponential rate.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #11: Mar 08, 2018 08:13:40 pm
      Done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,823 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2018 08:16:59 pm
      Done

YNWA
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2018 09:31:18 am
      Clicked the link, says survey is closed...... ???

Quick Reply