Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Loris Karius
      4 (5.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      8 (10.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      22 (28.9%)
      Emre Can
      8 (10.5%)
      James Milner
      7 (9.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      13 (17.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      11 (14.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2018 02:25:31 pm

Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24187 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Mar 10, 2018 02:34:46 pm
      Poor poor game. This game really show who should be shown the door. TAA, lovren Mane and Can. No desire, no fight, no ideas, simply not good enough. Klopp just shot himself on the foot by playing TAA and maureen would be saying tqvm.

I thought Mane was still our biggest threat going forward.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #530: Mar 10, 2018 02:34:48 pm
      Another one of them you can file under 'wouldn't have scored a goal ourselves even if we'd played another 90'. Bit hard to be too annoyed at our attacking though, it's very difficult to create chances when a Mourinho team defends like that with a two goal lead. Would have been nice though if we had some proper depth in the forward positions so we could have tried something else in the way City can bring on a Gabriel Jesus and United could have brought on a Martial (don't know if he was fit).

First 45 minutes killed us, Mourinho doing a proper job on us. Knew he wouldn't get much out of Van Dijk and Robertson with the form they're in so just pushed Lukaku out left with Rashford and Trent/Lovren couldn't handle it.

Didn't get any of the decisions today either, probably 3 debatable penalty calls and 2 reds but don't think it's a good enough excuse for a shocking first half.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #531: Mar 10, 2018 02:35:44 pm
      I'm one of Sadio's biggest fans but thought he was poor today, giving the ball away far too much, even when given a lot of space on the ball.

Thought Ox was one of our better performers actually in the 2nd half and was disappointed to see him subbed off.

Still had a couple of chances late but snatched at them.

Still love this club, team, players, manager, etc. We will bounce back from here.

Edit: "shown the door" ????????????? what on earth are you talking about? Unbelievable.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #532: Mar 10, 2018 02:35:50 pm
      We can go on about the woeful performances from Lovren and Arnold in defence but if the answer to central midfield is Can and Milner then we were always fu**ed.

Milner can be relied upon to put in a shift but that only looks good in a dynamic midfield, certainly not going to look any good alongside the enigma that is Can - not enigmatic but more puzzling as to how such a F***ing sh*t player can be called upon at this club. Didn’t offer anything defensively but creatively, my god, they were shocking.

Chamberlain really really poor too. The only player who offered threat through the middle was Lallana when he came on.

Lost in the middle and spine, we’ve got a lot of work to do to strengthen that to make it much kore dynamic.

Oh, and I cannot F***ing wait until that waste of space Can is gone in the summer.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #533: Mar 10, 2018 02:36:24 pm
      Ok, we can blame the ref the whole night long. But, the side and back passes without attempting to unsetle the MU defence says so much about our quality. Has Mane suddenly become our midfield general? God bless. I think he has the most possession but did nothing the whole evening except for that goal. Ox has gone missing again in big games. he needs to have that big game mentality. Can is as good as gone for me, too slow for our game. lallana, as usual plenty of exciting dribbiing with no end results.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #534: Mar 10, 2018 02:36:39 pm

Except that he worked harder than anybody..was all over the front line...not fantastic, but just about our best player.

Mane just stays on the ball so much and his first touch has sucked all year. His effort is there, I agree. However, u can have all the effort in the world but if you don’t finish it’s all for not.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #535: Mar 10, 2018 02:36:56 pm
      TAA is 19 years old for f**k sake.

And as for showing Mane the door? You have got to be a WUM or a Manc to think that. What a f**king stupid thing to say.

Have a f**king word with yourself.

Too right, what a F***ing pathetic post.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #536: Mar 10, 2018 02:40:10 pm
      We can go on about the woeful performances from Lovren and Arnold in defence but if the answer to central midfield is Can and Milner then we were always fu**ed.

Milner can be relied upon to put in a shift but that only looks good in a dynamic midfield, certainly not going to look any good alongside the enigma that is Can - not enigmatic but more puzzling as to how such a f**king sh*t player can be called upon at this club. Didn’t offer anything defensively but creatively, my god, they were shocking.

Chamberlain really really poor too. The only player who offered threat through the middle was Lallana when he came on.

Lost in the middle and spine, we’ve got a lot of work to do to strengthen that to make it much kore dynamic.

Oh, and I cannot f**king wait until that waste of space Can is gone in the summer.

Gotta disagree there. I thought Ox was much better in the second half until he got subbed off. Lallana didn't do much after coming on, still looking as rusty as his midweek performance.
      Nothing seemed to click for us today. So many misplaced passes. Our biggest chances mostly came from the crosses from the right wing.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #537: Mar 10, 2018 02:41:04 pm
      This same ref cost us a point against united and 2 against Everton.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,795 posts | 464 
      Reply #538: Mar 10, 2018 02:41:51 pm
      Wish we had a player like Matic
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts | 278 
      Reply #539: Mar 10, 2018 02:42:20 pm
      Result is disappointing no doubt but we can't win the league anyway , still a good chance for CL we just have to shrug this off.
      Look I hate Utd but fook them they aren't that good in fact they're sh*te it's  just Mourinho knows how to set up, we need to be stronger in defence and Klopp needs to suss a way to beat it.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #540: Mar 10, 2018 02:45:53 pm
      Yeah he deffo targeted TAA with rashford & it paid off.

Klopp was too naive not to have seen that. But, we don;t have anyone else. We had problems on the left and now on the right. Things never gets settled down.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #541: Mar 10, 2018 02:46:01 pm
      Damn the crap Ox is getting is bizarre. I thought he really played well before being subbed off. Started a lil iffy but got it together the longer the game went and created some chances for us before being subbed off. IMO Klopp botched that sub. Should have been Can or Milner. I don’t get some of grief this kid gets. Unreal
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Re: Live: Man Utd V Liverpool
      Reply #542: Mar 10, 2018 02:46:42 pm
      Much better second half but the damage had already been done.
      Could and should have had at least 1 penno.

I wonder how far Clyne is from fitness, can’t imagine Trent or Gomez in the CL against the likes of Barca, Bayern etc.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #543: Mar 10, 2018 02:46:53 pm
      Depressing when you are reminded that we still have a few certain players who are just not cut out for this level. Lovren like at Wembley against Spurs badly letting us down. Are we really saying that we can do something in the CL with him in defence because there are far better players than Lukaku coming his way. The worst thing was, it wasn't as if it was a complex ingenious tactic that found him out. It was very simple, the sort you'd expect Lovren to be equal to. Not so.

Theres not many forwards out their who can win a header like Kane and Lukaku luckily.

Got a feeling we'll be facing them in the CL and if we carry on playing like babies we will dominate the ball and win F**k all once again.

We have to play dirtier and when we are fouled we have to F***ing go down. It means too much to stay on your feet if your pulled back.

If Lukaku is dominating Lovren then get all over the sweaty c**t. Dont just keep letting it happen. Can go back and help out, Van Dijk go out and take over.

Dark arts.

Once again think of us flapping about against Spurs, Sevilla and City. Did they give us silly free kicks and make individual subs to slow the game down?

Did we manage the game with slow restarts, throw ins and goal kicks? Tgat last 26 minutes after we score the ball seemed in play about 6 of them. It was comfortable for them.

If that was us it would be panic stations, penalties, free kicks and a 3-3 draw. Klopp said a few months back he doesn't believe in the dark arts, but that was a lesson to be learnt and F**k me he needs to learn it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #544: Mar 10, 2018 02:48:41 pm
      One thing that this game has confirmed for me is how weak our midfield are as a creative and defensive unit, Gini,Can,Milner,Henderson,Lallana and the OX... Need a Midfield General. some who can take the game but the scruff of the neck and shake it.. A midfield pitbull... Someone who can break up attacks and disrupted the opponents play, and a Midfield Tactician... Someone who can see the runs and execute the passes.... We have our box-box Midfielder in Naby Keita...

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #545: Mar 10, 2018 02:49:28 pm

I wonder how far Clyne is from fitness, can’t imagine Trent or Gomez in the CL against the likes of Barca, Bayern etc.

It will be a nightmare for them. If I were Klopp, I would start doing my homework now by scouting the lower league or bottom half of the table teams for a quality right back. I'm sure there are a few around that can do no worse than TAA.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #546: Mar 10, 2018 02:50:43 pm
      One thing that this game has confirmed for me is how weak our midfield are as a creative and defensive unit, Gini,Can,Milner,Henderson,Lallana and the OX... Need a Midfield General. some who can take the game but the scruff of the neck and shake it.. A midfield pitbull... Someone who can break up attacks and disrupted the opponents play, and a Midfield Tactician... Someone who can see the runs and execute the passes.... We have our box-box Midfielder in Naby Keita...

We had that kind of midfielder but sold him...
      Hopefully the rumors about Lemar are true.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #547: Mar 10, 2018 02:50:47 pm
      We were piss poor but to call anyone to be shown the door after one lost game is outrageous.

Yes, there were many decisions that went not our way but we should have played much better. Our supply to the front three was a disaster from our midfield.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #548: Mar 10, 2018 02:52:01 pm
      Taa got owned, should have had a penalty. The ref fu**ed it up. We were awful first half. Hate losing against the scum. BUT 3 points lost and that's all in the end. Let's focus on the next game.
      we should be bouncing back and try to land the 3rd place to the end of the league.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #549: Mar 10, 2018 02:54:59 pm
      Looks like Klopp needs a plan B and I don't mind a John Toshack type to bully defenders. Solanke is far from being ready. Too soft and lightweight, doesn't bully defenders enough with his size.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #550: Mar 10, 2018 02:55:58 pm
      Looks like Klopp needs a plan B and I don't mind a John Toshack type to bully defenders. Solanke is far from being ready. Too soft and lightweight, doesn't bully defenders enough with his size.
      He should buy Lambert
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,795 posts | 464 
      Reply #551: Mar 10, 2018 02:56:19 pm

I would guess Clyne is still very far away, as you can see that Lalanna is too

Quick Reply