Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Loris Karius
      3 (3.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      58 (59.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (10.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2018 02:22:19 pm

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19972 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 2818 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Mar 31, 2018 02:42:47 pm
      I thought TAA was fantastic. He made some great crosses, played as a winger, outran Zaha, played back and was all over the pitch. Great win.

Seriously? I thought he had an absolute shocker, lucky for him Zaha wasn't on his game to take full advantage.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #392: Mar 31, 2018 02:44:30 pm
      Seriously? I thought he had an absolute shocker, lucky for him Zaha wasn't on his game to take full advantage.

Yeah, seems like he has declined defensively. He is a huge huge problem going into CL. I don't see how we can solve it? VVD on the right side of CB or 3 man CB?
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #393: Mar 31, 2018 02:45:16 pm
      Getting 3 points in one of our worst games this season. Signs we're getting to level we want.

Clyne has to start against City. He barely handled Zaha let alone Sane. Sane would run circles around him
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #394: Mar 31, 2018 02:46:08 pm
      Agree mate.

Was woeful defensively all afternoon.

Massive risk for the City game.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #395: Mar 31, 2018 02:49:37 pm
      I thought TAA was fantastic. He made some great crosses, played as a winger, outran Zaha, played back and was all over the pitch.

Nope. He was terrible and most of Palace's chances came from his side. Offensively, he had lots of space that second half but besides a couple of decent crosses he didn't do much. If he plays like this against Sane we're in big trouble.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 2818 
      Reply #396: Mar 31, 2018 02:49:59 pm
      Yeah, seems like he has declined defensively. He is a huge huge problem going into CL. I don't see how we can solve it? VVD on the right side of CB or 3 man CB?

Not much we can do, probably be just as risky to chuck Clyne in there on Wednesday.

I'd switch Van Dijk across to the right though, Robertson is sound enough defensively to have Lovren/Matip alongside him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #397: Mar 31, 2018 02:50:13 pm
      WOW. What a match.  What is most impressive about where this club is at right now is not the points, not Salah...we won a match that in the previous 5 seasons we would of lost. Palace were a bogey team for us. Instead of collapsing at half, they regrouped and outran the Palace defense. I thought TAA was fantastic. He made some great crosses, played as a winger, outran Zaha, played back and was all over the pitch. Great win. Hopefully, United lose and we can try and seal 2nd.

TAA was fantastic?

You are either drunk or didn’t watch the match!

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #398: Mar 31, 2018 02:50:22 pm
      Taa is brilliant going forward and has a great right foot. Really like the lad and want him to take the rb position.
      but he isn't ready yet, defensively he has alot to learn. Have had some terrible games. Needs to learn and adapt and need to know, how he has play against opposition who know how to attack.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #399: Mar 31, 2018 02:52:18 pm
      IDK. I thought TAA had a decent game. He outran every coverage on him. Zaha is quick and Trent didnt have an issue with him. He had a couple of errant plays but the whole team was a little off. I dont think his performance was as bad as everyone is saying. I thought Mane was sh*t and should of seen red. What was he thinking grabbing the ball in play?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #400: Mar 31, 2018 02:52:40 pm
      Not much we can do, probably be just as risky to chuck Clyne in there on Wednesday.

I'd switch Van Dijk across to the right though, Robertson is sound enough defensively to have Lovren/Matip alongside him.

I'd personally have clyne as rb if he is fit. Just let him focus on defending and not ask him to attack too much.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #401: Mar 31, 2018 02:55:25 pm
      I'd personally have clyne as rb if he is fit. Just let him focus on defending and not ask him to attack too much.

I wonder... I wonder if throwing Ox as right back might be a solution?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #402: Mar 31, 2018 02:59:56 pm
      I wonder... I wonder if throwing Ox as right back might be a solution?
      No. Ox wants to be CM and he's done well there. No need to re wengernize him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #403: Mar 31, 2018 03:00:19 pm
      TAA is suspect defensively and while an excellent outlook in attack he obviously has a lot to do when scrubbing up the defensive side of his game and it's clear that opposition teams recognise that. But he is young and truth be told we knew this was going to be a testing season for him but on the whole he's done pretty well for someone so young and inexperienced. These last couple of games, not so, but he will only get better and under Jürgen can develop into a fantastic asset. He only needs to look at the guy on the opposite flank to him (who was playing for Dundee United when he was Trent's age) and see the hard work and dedication it will take to become next to faultless. Robbo will be a fantastic role model for any players struggling and maybe having doubts despite their obvious talents.

I get what Yank LFC Fan is saying - despite a difficult afternoon where he was culpable for their goal, it didn't stop him from shirking and hiding. He kept trying and it's that kind of driving commitment in the face of adversity I love.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #404: Mar 31, 2018 03:00:33 pm
      I know he gets a lot of stick from us but fair play to Hodgson for not dwelling on the potential red card situation.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #405: Mar 31, 2018 03:05:00 pm
      good win
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #406: Mar 31, 2018 03:08:25 pm
      Oh and I'm so glad that vintage Benteke made a return to form today.

He really is bloody awful. I remain astonished that we were able to recoup most of the money we spent on him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #407: Mar 31, 2018 03:13:00 pm
      He really is bloody awful. I remain astonished that we were able to recoup most of the money we spent on him.

Alan.

Pardew.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #408: Mar 31, 2018 03:13:49 pm
      Oh and I'm so glad that vintage Benteke made a return to form today.

A true stroke of luck.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #409: Mar 31, 2018 03:15:02 pm

Ah of course. Who else?!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #410: Mar 31, 2018 03:17:22 pm
      I didn’t get to see the game so I had a read through this thread. It makes for some hilarious reading seeing how many people are second guessing every kick of the ball and every Klopp decision. Have some faith folks. We have a good manager and some pretty good players. 3 points in the bag, predicted the score line in the prediction league as well, now let’s do City this week.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #411: Mar 31, 2018 03:22:20 pm
      Great win hard work looked like TTA was targeted again. He will be targeted again against City
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #412: Mar 31, 2018 03:23:12 pm
      IDK. I thought TAA had a decent game. He outran every coverage on him. Zaha is quick and Trent didnt have an issue with him. He had a couple of errant plays but the whole team was a little off. I dont think his performance was as bad as everyone is saying. I thought Mane was sh*t and should of seen red. What was he thinking grabbing the ball in play?

He had a shocking game
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #413: Mar 31, 2018 04:05:34 pm
      I didn’t get to see the game so I had a read through this thread. It makes for some hilarious reading seeing how many people are second guessing every kick of the ball and every Klopp decision. Have some faith folks. We have a good manager and some pretty good players. 3 points in the bag, predicted the score line in the prediction league as well, now let’s do City this week.

11 pages till we took the lead,3 pages since."We only post when we're moaning"! Pulled the win out of our collective arses,F***ing nice.

Quick Reply