Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45

Read 17120 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45
      Reply #92: Apr 03, 2018 06:24:52 pm
      Matip, Klavan and Gomez out, Can back in training just today. Who plays as CBs in U23s?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45
      Reply #93: Apr 03, 2018 06:53:42 pm
      Matip, Klavan and Gomez out, Can back in training just today. Who plays as CBs in U23s?

Nat Phillips, connor masterson, nobody who is ready
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #94: Apr 03, 2018 06:59:02 pm
      Just can’t get my head round how we’ll beat their midfield without Can.

I've seen a lot or people say this over the last day or so and can't quite get my head around it.

I think Emre is a very good footballer and rate him but the way people are talking is like he's Alonso, Gerrard and Masherano all rolled into one.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #95: Apr 03, 2018 07:01:22 pm
      Good to hear Aguero is not available and at least they also have injury problems. Fingers crossed we don’t suffer any injuries at CB because without Gomez, Klavan, Matip and potentially Can I’m not sure we have anyone else to fill in? Maybe Hendo would be next up? I’ve long thought he could make a good centre half.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #96: Apr 03, 2018 07:15:06 pm

Not so great news then :/ If I was Klopp I would tell one of our senior players to train as a CBs.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #97: Apr 03, 2018 07:18:12 pm
      Not so great news then :/ If I was Klopp I would tell one of our senior players to train as a CBs.

Solanke?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #98: Apr 03, 2018 07:25:38 pm
      Jesus wept just because Matip is injured it isn’t the end of the world.
      I’m not Dejans biggest fan but I’m sure he will step up for possibly the biggest game of his career.
      Aguero is our injured which is a massive plus in my eyes as he can take hits constantly and is very strong ,Jesus (while a good player)is no Aguero .
      The crowd inmy opinion can play a massive part in this and intimidate and even frighten the city players.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      Reply #99: Apr 03, 2018 07:25:47 pm

He can head a ball but can he tackle ??? Who knows?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #100: Apr 03, 2018 07:49:55 pm

Don't think he'll feature tomorrow but worth considering if Klavan can't get fit for the second leg.
      I had to laugh in the press conference earlier when Jürgen asked if any of the journalists were centre halves.. ha ha.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #101: Apr 03, 2018 08:05:23 pm
      I AM F***ing BUZZIN!!! Waited 10 F***ing years for a game like this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #102: Apr 03, 2018 08:07:43 pm
      No Aguero tomorrow. A small bonus, sure they will have a good team still.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #103: Apr 03, 2018 08:28:35 pm

Apparently a chance that connor could be a sub tomorrow after training with the 1st team today
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #104: Apr 03, 2018 08:56:53 pm

Mignolet is a big lad, a shot stopper apparently, good backup for Matip at CB so!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #105: Apr 03, 2018 08:58:44 pm
      With no centre backs to spare, at least if we go ahead, Jürgen can’t sub one on for a midfielder and invite them on to us.
      Every cloud eh 😊
      Think we’ll do just fine. Need a good raucous crowd  though !
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #106: Apr 03, 2018 09:15:33 pm
      People are saying it's not the end of the world in relation to our defensive crisis and while i agree with that consensus it is most certainly an area of grave concern for us, an issue that is certainly not to be dismissed. It is no secret that we are defensively weak as a unit and several teams have been targeting the right side of our defence as a weak spot, even Project Owl identified this on the weekend, that's how obvious it is, even that arse clown can see it.

I don't really see the omission of Aguero as a blessing if i'm honest, Jesus is lightning. While Aguero is world class he lacks pace and i feel he will be easier to deal with than Jesus, even as intelligent as Aguero is he can be countered by intelligent defenders. My biggest worry is Lovren, he needs to be mollycoddled constantly and we can't afford to have that need in a game as massive as this. I'd like to see van Dijk on the right side looking after Arnold against Sane and Jesus but i know that Jesus will just switch to Lovren's side if this happens. I've been watching Lovren for a long time and he cannot defend intelligently, he has no positional awareness, has no spatial awareness and absolutely no awareness of players around him. If opponents pull out of position he doesn't know whether to track them or pass them onto others, he doesn't command his area either. If van Dijk switches to counter Jesus then Lovren takes too long to switch his own position and is often caught day dreaming. He also lacks depth perception as well, as many of his miskicks and mistimed challenges have proven over the years.

I am not going to lie, i am slightly worried going into tomorrow's game. This game is going to be massive for Lovren, it will make or break him. If he plays out of his skin we will win, if he folds like a piece of wet cardboard we are fu**ed.

Tomorrow night is going to be massive with regards to how we are progressing as a unit. The probability is that Wijnaldum, Chamberlain and Lovren will start. Three players that are yet to fulfil their potential under Klopp. They have to bring their A game or we are going to get overrun. Even if Can is available for selection he will not be match fit so it is a big gamble.

We've had some really bad luck regarding injuries for this game but it will be good to see how we respond to adversity. I am confident that we can pull this result off but every single player on that pitch tomorrow night has to fight to the death. I am also confident that our support will give them that extra boost to get us over the line.

I'm going for 2-1 to the Redmen.

P.S. Madrid are smoking Juve like a fat three skinner.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #107: Apr 03, 2018 09:33:51 pm
      I don't really see the omission of Aguero as a blessing if i'm honest, Jesus is lightning. While Aguero is world class he lacks pace and i feel he will be easier to deal with than Jesus, even as intelligent as Aguero is he can be countered by intelligent defenders.

Yeah, a striker of Jesus' standard in a Pep team can no doubt turn in a world class performance. Losing Aguero doesn't really have any affect, nor does losing Silva or De Bruyne, they really are that strong imo.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #108: Apr 03, 2018 09:42:15 pm
      Seeing a lot of negavity for this one.

I have so much faith in Klopp that I’m just going to sit back and take it all in.

The players will be absolutely pumped for this, I wouldn’t want any other manager in the world setting us up for this one, love Klopp.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2018 09:50:01 pm
      Truly massive game for everyone playing, tomorrow night. Obviously have the strike force, just hope the defence can shape up. As City can tear anyone apart, as the statistics show. Problem being no lead seems to be enough, against a side like City.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #110: Apr 03, 2018 10:15:22 pm
      I am dredding this game. There are butterflies in my stomach & I dont feel too confident.

I am going for 2-1 to red men but not at all confident.
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2018 10:56:04 pm by RobieSlick »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #111: Apr 03, 2018 10:37:44 pm
      People are saying it's not the end of the world in relation to our defensive crisis and while i agree with that consensus it is most certainly an area of grave concern for us, an issue that is certainly not to be dismissed. It is no secret that we are defensively weak as a unit and several teams have been targeting the right side of our defence as a weak spot, even Project Owl identified this on the weekend, that's how obvious it is, even that arse clown can see it.

I don't really see the omission of Aguero as a blessing if i'm honest, Jesus is lightning. While Aguero is world class he lacks pace and i feel he will be easier to deal with than Jesus, even as intelligent as Aguero is he can be countered by intelligent defenders. My biggest worry is Lovren, he needs to be mollycoddled constantly and we can't afford to have that need in a game as massive as this. I'd like to see van Dijk on the right side looking after Arnold against Sane and Jesus but i know that Jesus will just switch to Lovren's side if this happens. I've been watching Lovren for a long time and he cannot defend intelligently, he has no positional awareness, has no spatial awareness and absolutely no awareness of players around him. If opponents pull out of position he doesn't know whether to track them or pass them onto others, he doesn't command his area either. If van Dijk switches to counter Jesus then Lovren takes too long to switch his own position and is often caught day dreaming. He also lacks depth perception as well, as many of his miskicks and mistimed challenges have proven over the years.

I am not going to lie, i am slightly worried going into tomorrow's game. This game is going to be massive for Lovren, it will make or break him. If he plays out of his skin we will win, if he folds like a piece of wet cardboard we are fu**ed.

Tomorrow night is going to be massive with regards to how we are progressing as a unit. The probability is that Wijnaldum, Chamberlain and Lovren will start. Three players that are yet to fulfil their potential under Klopp. They have to bring their A game or we are going to get overrun. Even if Can is available for selection he will not be match fit so it is a big gamble.

We've had some really bad luck regarding injuries for this game but it will be good to see how we respond to adversity. I am confident that we can pull this result off but every single player on that pitch tomorrow night has to fight to the death. I am also confident that our support will give them that extra boost to get us over the line.

A win at any scoreline I would take with both hands. Like yourself I fully expect us to concede, not merely because we are weak defensively but because City are so strong offensively.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #112: Apr 03, 2018 11:32:30 pm
      I've seen a lot or people say this over the last day or so and can't quite get my head around it.

I think Emre is a very good footballer and rate him but the way people are talking is like he's Alonso, Gerrard and Masherano all rolled into one.

I think he came off for Milner when we were 4-1 up against them then it went 4-3. I think I seen this on Twitter so could be wrong. Either way, I don't want to see Milner anywhere near or midfield tomorrow. We need legs.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #113: Apr 03, 2018 11:56:11 pm

What a load of bollocks with regards to Lovren.

What about the other ten players to run out tomorrow then? Or will the whole tie hinge on Lovren? You make him sound like a Sunday league player Jürgen plugged out of the local park. After some of the critical errors made against Palace I'm worried about Virgil and Trent too. This tie will be won with all 11 playing blinders not singling out individuals.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #114: Apr 04, 2018 12:00:38 am
      If I was offered a 0-0 now I'd take it.
      They wouldn't have a f***in clue how to cope with us at their place with the scoreline at 0-0
      But my heart wants us to have one of those 10/15 minute spells tomorrow night when we just destroy them and score 2 or 3.

We know we're more than capable of doing just that and we have one thing over them which they'll never have.
      The Anfield noise on a European night.

Hardcore above me hit the nail on the head when he talked about Lovren.This has to be THE game of his Liverpool career.

We know all about our players and have faith in every one of them, we've seen them produce it on loads of occasions this season
      but tomorrow they need to go that extra mile, that extra yard, that extra tackle and produce one of those mind blowing European victories at Anfield and next week that will carve itself into our history books.

Tactics wise, who knows?
      We have to feed our front three, end of.
      Without those guys on the ball in and around the box we won't create anything so whether we play with the width in Robbo and Trent or we go direct through the middle with Ox and Gini it HAS to be right tomorrow.

Whoever wins this tie goes on to win the trophy

Quick Reply