Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm

Read 12167 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm
      Reply #92: Apr 06, 2018 07:03:00 pm
      Klopp basically came out and said that Ing's is starting.

Brilliant.

He and Solanke need a run out and we need to rest who we can ...and as many we can ...before the CL return leg.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #93: Apr 06, 2018 07:22:38 pm
      Does this game feel like an anti climax, after the victory the other night ? I think it is important to secure all three points.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #94: Apr 06, 2018 07:27:11 pm
      I think Solanke and Ings are going to tear Everton a new one personally. It's a great confidence building game.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #95: Apr 06, 2018 07:34:55 pm
      I think Solanke and Ings are going to tear Everton a new one personally. It's a great confidence building game.

Think you could be right Rib, in a bazaar way it could be a good opening for them both.
      Would love to see Danny score, with what he has been through he deserves it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #96: Apr 06, 2018 07:54:10 pm
      Solanke was quick closing down and helped out well in defence and very nearly helped Mane to a fourth goal the other night during his half hour run out.
      He could've achieved more but for our deep line as the game wore on.
      Both Solanke and Ings will be like a pair of Rotweillers tomorrow if they get the nod to start so I have no problem with them both starting at all.
      If they squash Fat Boys doughnuts and shut down his tuck shop and do the team and fans proud that's all we can ask for right?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #97: Apr 06, 2018 07:54:31 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #98: Apr 06, 2018 09:31:03 pm
      I'll feel a lot bloody worse if we blow it next Tuesday that's for sure.

Heh. OK.

As I've said, I do expect some changes, just not inserting half of the U23 lineup into our starting XI tomorrow.

No question the match Tuesday represents a terrific opportunity.

In hindsight, it would have been nice if we had loaned out one or two fewer players in January - but I suppose the whole point of this is to take those loan players to another level in their development - certainly seems to have worked for Grujic and Wilson, anyway.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #100: Apr 06, 2018 10:31:40 pm

3 CB'd and Clyne but no Moreno? with Klavan at RB?

Something a bit off there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #101: Apr 06, 2018 10:33:22 pm

Not always, must admit i am very sceptical
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #102: Apr 06, 2018 10:34:19 pm

Yeah you would expect Moreno to start, otherwise I would imagine he is off in the summer.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #103: Apr 06, 2018 10:40:58 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #104: Apr 06, 2018 11:06:46 pm

I picked up on that too, I also don't believe Mane would start, he needs a rest.
      Personally, I don't even think Klopp knows his line up yet. I would imagine he makes his final decision a few hours before the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #105: Apr 07, 2018 01:00:19 am
      I know the derby is usually a must win, but under the circumstances, Tuesday is a far more potent, don't lose by 4. 
      Sorry, but i'd happily concede the derby and qualify for the C.L. semi. It's a no brainer. Not only the fatigue to consider, but the injuries we're almost sure to get from the dirty bitter bas**rds, certainly going out to screw our season, without a doubt.
      Our second string is strong enough to give them a game anyway, so i'd still expect at least a draw.
      Just hope Jürgen does the right thing and saves our 1st choice for Tuesday.
      Wonder how many City players will be risked battling against the scum, also likely to be wanting to screw their season up as well. Not many I would think.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #106: Apr 07, 2018 01:02:14 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #107: Apr 07, 2018 03:57:31 am
      I know the derby is usually a must win, but under the circumstances, Tuesday is a far more potent, don't lose by 4. 
      Sorry, but i'd happily concede the derby and qualify for the C.L. semi. It's a no brainer. Not only the fatigue to consider, but the injuries we're almost sure to get from the dirty bitter bas**rds, certainly going out to screw our season, without a doubt.
      Our second string is strong enough to give them a game anyway, so i'd still expect at least a draw.
      Just hope Jürgen does the right thing and saves our 1st choice for Tuesday.
      Wonder how many City players will be risked battling against the scum, also likely to be wanting to screw their season up as well. Not many I would think.

Agree.

Any other time no .... field our strongest for every game ..... but we do get the goals from the press and usually a first half blitz.

So fully agree. I would sacrifice this game.

See  what Ings and Dom have to say about it .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #108: Apr 07, 2018 05:23:41 am
      Can't understand all this "lets rest players". Top 4 is still the priority. Maybe Salah won't be risked but Klopp will put out his strongest team to get a result. Fair enough a top game 2 days after the City clash is a test but it doesn't justify all this rest players stuff.

This is the business end of the season and nobody gets a day off. I mean when was the last time you got a call from your milkman saying he has been rested by the Dairy after a tough few days..!

n.b I'm not a milkman as it happens...but still.

How can anybody say top four is now our priority? 

We are in the quarter finals of the European cup. 3-0 up after the first leg and have given ourselves a fantastic chance of progressing to the semi's. Tuesday night will be our biggest game in ten years.

But you want to risk injuries and tiredness by playing key players in tomorrow's game, hoping that we win, just so we take another step closer in securing CL football for next season? The same competition that we're in right here right now and we could actually win the bloody thing?

That is the most weirdest logic I think I've ever seen on this forum and there's been some dreadful shouts over the years.

We're already low on numbers and we already have a thin squad. Our lads are dropping like flies at the moment so I've no idea what team klopp is going to put out tomorrow but I hope he doesn't play anyone who is starting on Tuesday. That game is the priority and the European cup is now our main focus.

But anyway...my feelings for tomorrow's game are a surreal one. It's the first time I can ever remember where I'm not excited/nervous for a Derby game and I'm not particularly THAT bothered on the outcome either.

If we lose the game but it meant that our players were fit and fresh for Tuesday then id take that. We need to give ourselves the best possible chance against city so just play the fringe/kids tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully they do us proud and get a result. If they don't, it's not the end of the world, we just move on to Tuesdays game.

If we play a weakened team tomorrow and Everton beat us i couldn't give a sh*t really. I'll have a few knobheads ringing me up and texting me all weekend but I'm not arsed. There's bigger fish to F***ing fry here and I don't want to give them F***ing cu*ts the satisfaction of injuring one of our key players and seriously harming our chance of professing in the CL.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #109: Apr 07, 2018 06:17:01 am
      I don't care what people think. I know we are playing the bitters but to me this is a 2nd rate team they have.

Personally, I don't want to see Firmino, Salah, Mane, TAA, Milner and Robertson anywhere near Goodison tomorrow. They have a history of taking out our players, especially Fumes Mori and Holgate. They might just take out one or two of our players so scuppering our chances for Tuesday. Also, I think our 2nd string can do a job on the bitters. Heck, Stevie Gerrard can take his under 19's with Henderson, Winijuldum, Moreno. That should be enough.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #110: Apr 07, 2018 07:19:23 am
      Their home record under Fat Sam isn’t too shabby and they haven’t won a debt since 2010 so I think they will be bang up for the game. It won’t be an easy game, especially given the changes Jürgen will have to make to the side. I’m not really going in for this ‘they’re shi.....t it’ll be easy even for our 2nd stringers’. I hope Jürgen rests a good majority of the players for Tuesday and if he does I’d take a draw all day long so as not to give up too much to Chelsea.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #111: Apr 07, 2018 08:07:02 am
      I wouldn't be too diassapointed with a draw today to be honest. I've never had such a feeling about a derby game. Can't stand the bitter bas**rds, but this is their biggest game of the season and they'll never have a better chance of being us.
      I'm saying 1-1 though! 😁
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #112: Apr 07, 2018 08:48:56 am
      I don't care what people think. I know we are playing the bitters but to me this is a 2nd rate team they have.

Personally, I don't want to see Firmino, Salah, Mane, TAA, Milner and Robertson anywhere near Goodison tomorrow. They have a history of taking out our players, especially Fumes Mori and Holgate. They might just take out one or two of our players so scuppering our chances for Tuesday. Also, I think our 2nd string can do a job on the bitters. Heck, Stevie Gerrard can take his under 19's with Henderson, Winijuldum, Moreno. That should be enough.

It's a pity Tommy Smith and Souness are not still available to deal to Holgate and the rest of Big Fat Sams thugs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: Apr 07, 2018 08:54:58 am
      It's a pity Tommy Smith and Souness are not still available to deal to Holgate and the rest of Big Fat Sams thugs.

F**k!! Remember Tommy Smith well, you never got in his way on a 50/50 challenge  :lmao: He was like a we! jack russell on your chins  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #114: Apr 07, 2018 09:20:34 am
      F**k!! Remember Tommy Smith well, you never got in his way on a 50/50 challenge  :lmao: He was like a we! jack russell on your chins  ;D

Keith you just never got in way,Tommy had his own special way of dealing to thuggery.

Quick Reply