Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Loris Karius
      24 (33.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      13 (18.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (35.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.4%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2018 02:20:11 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16828 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Apr 07, 2018 02:45:10 pm

Klopp no longer trusts him defensively. And too right! Never quite bought into the praise he was getting at the start of the season which was bizarre considering the sh*t loads the defence he was a part of were letting in.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #254: Apr 07, 2018 02:46:10 pm

Maybe he was a doubt, hence on the bench?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #255: Apr 07, 2018 02:46:54 pm
      Man,that's the longest pre-game warm up i've seen,kick off in 15 minutes right?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #256: Apr 07, 2018 02:48:13 pm
      Klopp no longer trusts him defensively. And too right! Never quite bought into the praise he was getting at the start of the season which was bizarre considering the sh*t loads the defence he was a part of were letting in.

Perhaps inexperienced youngsters (Trent and Gomez) who now have more experience, no Van Dijk and Mignolet still in goal had something to do with that too. The defence with Karius, Van Dijk and the youngsters getting more game time is far more settled now than it was at the start of the season.

I was one of the people praising him, still think he can do a job there. But I have to admit I like Robertson and I'm fine if he keeps getting the vast majority of the starts. Moreno is still a versatile, useful option.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #257: Apr 07, 2018 03:09:28 pm
      Doesn't bode well for Moreno long term here if Klav is getting the left back spot before him. Clyne did well coming in after being out so long.

I heard he may be playing on Wednesday due to Robbo being a doubt?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #258: Apr 07, 2018 03:10:49 pm
      When are they releasing the DVD? 😂😂😂😂
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #259: Apr 07, 2018 03:11:06 pm
      The 2 substitutions seemed to have a negative effect on us, bobby out wide is a waste as he really doesn't seem to like it
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #260: Apr 07, 2018 03:43:59 pm
      Normally like Klavan too mate, but today he was terrible.

Hasn't played left back in forever, and has only played 10 minutes of competitive football since January.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #261: Apr 07, 2018 03:49:43 pm

Yes, but Klopp's comment afterward was kind of cryptic "we don't know what happened."

That could mean something about Moreno or it could be something (hopefully not) about Robertson.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #262: Apr 07, 2018 03:53:49 pm
      Decent result bearing in mind the intense game we had midweek and players who have hardly played all season being given a run out. Not surprising the performance was not the usual what we expect.

No injuries is the major plus.

As for the Ings and Solanke are sh*t posts - how many games have they started all season and that includes Clyne and Klavan.
      You don’t just slot into groove, if only it was that simple.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #263: Apr 07, 2018 03:53:52 pm

But he did put Moreno on at the end of the City match. I remember because at one point they had the ball in our area and Albie was tracking back toward their player and all I could see in my head was reckless foul, penalty, red card, etc.

Thankfully it did not go down like that.  ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #264: Apr 07, 2018 04:01:18 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #265: Apr 07, 2018 04:11:50 pm
      The 2 substitutions seemed to have a negative effect on us, bobby out wide is a waste as he really doesn't seem to like it

Yeah I thought that was a bit weird, I would have thought he would have taken Solanke's place seeing as Solanke was fecking useless as a striker today and then try Solanke on the wing.
      I have to say I was quite disappointed with both of our strikers, this was their chance to stake a claim but they both disappointed, Solanke more so than Ings.

All in all a valuable point and no injuries, I'm ok with that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #266: Apr 07, 2018 04:31:45 pm
      But he did put Moreno on at the end of the City match. I remember because at one point they had the ball in our area and Albie was tracking back toward their player and all I could see in my head was reckless foul, penalty, red card, etc.

Thankfully it did not go down like that.  ;D

Was it left back he came on for? I was sure he was brought on in midfield?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #267: Apr 07, 2018 04:46:31 pm
      Full strength team at Anfield 1-1.
      B team at goodison park 0-0.
      Yet people assume we would have won today had we been at full strength, wonder if that can be proven?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #268: Apr 07, 2018 04:47:26 pm
      Yet people assume we would have won today had we been at full strength, wonder if that can be proven?

We weren't full strength at Anfield.

In fact that week where we drew with Everton and West Brom in December was your clarion call for Klopp's sacking.

Remember that?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #269: Apr 07, 2018 04:52:28 pm
      Yes, but Klopp's comment afterward was kind of cryptic "we don't know what happened."

That could mean something about Moreno or it could be something (hopefully not) about Robertson.

Yea, was strange comment, sounds like Jürgen was a bit pissed at him not playing. Guess sick or some knock.
      Though could be well wrong, have been before...
      Pity, we could've been doing with him going forward, taking guys on with his pace.

Injuries starting to mount..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #270: Apr 07, 2018 04:55:04 pm
      We weren't full strength at Anfield.

In fact that week where we drew with Everton and West Brom in December was your clarion call for Klopp's sacking.

Remember that?
      I never said we should sack Klopp in December. I said we should replace him if Mignolet is still first choice next season. How many times do I need to point that out. People are really dumb if they don't understand after the first 3 times I explained it. Camel man said that same thing in a roundabout way. Thank goodness for Karius because he's had a massive impact, even today. I like Klopp, but my dislike for Mignolet is stronger, it's not a conflict anymore.

I'd be interested to see how many points Mignolet cost us earlier in the season. My estimate is 10-15.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2018 05:02:01 pm by Ribapuru »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #271: Apr 07, 2018 05:04:26 pm
      Derby game my ass! 😴😴😴😴
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #272: Apr 07, 2018 05:06:38 pm

Are you saying we may not have won today with a full strength team because we drew at Anfield with a full team? I am sorry Rib, I am not sure what you are trying to get across, could you elaborate?

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #273: Apr 07, 2018 05:08:42 pm
      Pretty underwhelming TBH .
      I get the City game is a hard act to follow but a derby against them plus the chances given to squad players to impress it was pretty tame .

Jürgen gave game time to a few players in short the squad needs upgraded to challenge what starts for us now.

One thing narked me today, after a hard fought gritty defensive performance on Wednesday .
      We all gave them the big the pat on the back  and rightly so, yet today it happened again  put it out the park Dejan  FFS its just not good enough, I'd be looking for someone else in the summer hes a bombscare waiting to happen

Solanke won nothing in the air robbed 4 times protecting the ball,??? As for Clyne ,Ings,and Klavan ,same as Lovern I'd be looking elsewhere just my opinion, thats a sh*te Everton side we done very little to worry them , we had a few half chances and  hit row
      Z with  some shots ,the team looked so unbalanced and  uncertain at times I thought the rest given to. some could have back fired on us.

As long as we progress to the semi's next week all's well ,just forget sbout today and the 2pts chucked
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #274: Apr 07, 2018 05:12:58 pm
      Are you saying we may not have won today with a full strength team because we drew at Anfield with a full team? I am sorry Rib, I am not sure what you are trying to get across, could you elaborate?
      I'm not sure we would have won with a full strength team. Pickford could have made more saves and still 0-0. Nobody knows. It's a good hard earned point and looking forward 10/15 from our last 5 would be enough. Probably even 7/15 if we beat Chelsea in may. 8/15 if we draw with them, that's considering Chelsea take maximum points from other games. Considering our fixture list is mostly mid table and relegation teams. It's all good.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #275: Apr 07, 2018 05:16:17 pm
      Wow borefest

Quick Reply