Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44449 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Apr 11, 2018 12:46:08 am
      Yeh but the goal was legit, can understand that.   He didn't dwell too much and congratulated us in the interview I saw.  If it was the other managers I compared him too they would have made it out like it was daylight robbery.   Moroniho would have said the best team lost!
      Didn’t see the interview, only read an article that said he complained about calls from the first game, this game and he also implied the ref had a personal beef with him. Can you imagine the outrage if a Liverpool manager said something like that?

I don’t get the Pep worship. He has his own brand of mind games and he’s in my opinion an overrated manager.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #737: Apr 11, 2018 12:47:28 am
      Blue Moon moaning over the referees decision. This is a big joke. We were simply playing against 12 players in the first half and they couldn't score more than one goal, inspite of all the help. They are lucky that the ref did not award us a penalty for the foul of Mane inside the box and I'm sure the ref did not ask Otamendi to pass the ball to Firminho.  The city fans have slowly turned into Wenger Mark II.

Sorry mate, but objectively speaking they have a lot to feel aggrieved over.  If the decisions over 2 legs had been a bit different, they would likely be going through. 

- Mo was offside for his goal in the 1st leg.
      - Robbo lucky not to concede a pen in 1st leg.
      - Goal disallowed for contentious offside in 2nd leg.

Any one of these calls going the other way could have had major consequences on the outcome of the tie.

That said, we did the business and have now beaten the Champions elect in 3 of 4 games this season.  Even the 5-0 loss could have been much different. 

No one thought we'd be in the semifinals 9 months ago.  Yet here we are, and we are getting better every week.  Klopp is building something special, and the way we play will have many top players on alert.  We have become a desirable destination for top level talent again, and that is very exciting!!  Whatever happens in the semifinals and beyond, the future is bright!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #738: Apr 11, 2018 12:48:12 am
      It was FIVE to ONE. I was so F***ing nervous because I am just quite pessimistic when it comes to football. But my god, it wasn't even close. FIVE to ONE. F***ing brilliant that. I bet their fans are looking at us right now wishing they had that sort of European pedigree. "Gonna take us some time that". Haha. You bet it will.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #739: Apr 11, 2018 12:52:45 am
      Sorry mate, but objectively speaking they have a lot to feel aggrieved over.  If the decisions over 2 legs had been a bit different, they would likely be going through. 

Any one of these calls going the other way could have had major consequences on the outcome of the tie.

That said, we did the business and have now beaten the Champions elect in 3 of 4 games this season.  Even the 5-0 loss could have been much different. 

No one thought we'd be in the semifinals 9 months ago.  Yet here we are, and we are getting better every week.  Klopp is building something special, and the way we play will have many top players on alert.  We have become a desirable destination for top level talent again, and that is very exciting!!  Whatever happens in the semifinals and beyond, the future is bright!!!
      Let's hope its RED and not Orange eh!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #740: Apr 11, 2018 01:05:20 am

I'm sorry but you have to get this right. 'Aggrieved' is a strong word when for 3/4s of this whole tie Man City were simply not good enough against us and thoroughly outplayed throughout the whole of last week and the second half of tonight's match. Aggrieved is not the word. 'Apt' is much more appropriate.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #741: Apr 11, 2018 01:09:01 am
      I'm sorry but you have to get this right. 'Aggrieved' is a strong word when for 3/4s of this whole tie Man City were simply not good enough against us and thoroughly outplayed throughout the whole of last week and the second half of tonight's match. Aggrieved is not the word. 'Apt' is much more appropriate.

Put it this way -- if the roles were reversed and we'd been on the other end of those calls, I'd feel aggrieved.

But, we are through and I'm F***ing stoked!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #742: Apr 11, 2018 01:11:22 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #743: Apr 11, 2018 01:24:56 am
      But my god, it wasn't even close.

Little bit close after 1 minute and 57 seconds though! So glad we turned up in the second half!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #744: Apr 11, 2018 01:36:33 am
      After the attempts to try and get Mane sent off (again) it was wonderful seeing that ugly c**t Ederson spill the ball into Salah's immortal path. Let me just savour that goal one more time...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #745: Apr 11, 2018 01:41:28 am
      It was FIVE to ONE. I was so f**king nervous because I am just quite pessimistic when it comes to football. But my god, it wasn't even close. FIVE to ONE. F***ing brilliant that. I bet their fans are looking at us right now wishing they had that sort of European pedigree. "Gonna take us some time that". Haha. You bet it will.

Got to be honest - when I tuned in just before kick off I cringed hard upon seeing the flags waving and singing along to Hey Jude (you know that little known song by this little known band that is DEFINITELY not from Liverpool). A truly dismal and embarrassing attempt at trying to recreate their own YNWA and yet the Abu Dhabi faithful were lapping it all up thinking it was momentous. They have no culture, pedigree or DNA for this sort of stuff. And boy, did it show.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #746: Apr 11, 2018 01:48:33 am
      Didn’t see the interview, only read an article that said he complained about calls from the first game, this game and he also implied the ref had a personal beef with him. Can you imagine the outrage if a Liverpool manager said something like that?

I don’t get the Pep worship. He has his own brand of mind games and he’s in my opinion an overrated manager.

A friend of mine told me that they have a history from when Pep managed Barcelona but I can’t confirm that. Haven’t watched is post match interview but, even though the referee was sh*te don’t think is fair to blame him, it was 90 minutes for each side and well, we made 5 goals in out two halves whereas they managed to score one and they didn’t managed a shot on target on the first game.

Anyway, I do agree with you, don’t think Pep is that good as a manager.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #747: Apr 11, 2018 01:49:59 am

He started getting votes after winning his 800th header.

Went for Milner myself but can't argue with Lovren. Sadio put in a shift as well, dropping so deep in 2nd half and playing a big part in that wonderful goal of Mo's as well.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8584 
      Reply #748: Apr 11, 2018 01:54:43 am
      Just for the sheer F***ing fun of it all here's citeh's coach welcome!!

https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/983763055631896576

:lmao:

RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #749: Apr 11, 2018 01:55:05 am
      Pathetic really all that plastic flag waving nonsense. They should of learnt from Chelsea’s abysmal display 10 years ago.

Then singing Hey Jude to intimidate us? It’s a Beatles song FFS! The Beatles!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #750: Apr 11, 2018 01:56:24 am
      Just for the sheer f**king fun of it all here's citeh's coach welcome!!

Wtf am I seeing? How F***ing embarrassing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #751: Apr 11, 2018 01:58:05 am
      Pep has lost four times in the CL and League against English sides this season. Of the four, Liverpool beat them three times.

Actually I think it's 5 times  and Liverpool 3 times; 6 times overall and 3 by us (Shaktar, Wigan and United the other three).
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #752: Apr 11, 2018 02:01:17 am

:lmao: :lmao:

Am I at the Phoenix Club with RayVon compering??

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #753: Apr 11, 2018 02:01:49 am

Hahahaha that is just pathetic.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #754: Apr 11, 2018 02:02:02 am
      Wtf am I seeing? How f**king embarrassing.

Rekon that’s what Vincent Kompany meant by having their “own welcome at the Etihad”

Bet you he feels mortified now. I’m cringeing for him.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #755: Apr 11, 2018 02:06:32 am
      Rekon that’s what Vincent Kompany meant by having their “own welcome at the Etihad”

Bet you he feels mortified now. I’m cringeing for him.

Wasn't it something along the lines of 'our own little reception'.

Wonderful wasn't it? They even laid out a spread for us as well in the form of two goals!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8584 
      Reply #756: Apr 11, 2018 02:07:55 am
      Wasn't it something along the lines of 'our own little reception'.

He must of been on about playing the Beatles for us!! ;)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #757: Apr 11, 2018 02:09:33 am
      He must of been on about playing the Beatles for us!! ;)

So nice of them - and they also gave us a little flag waving display.

Weren't they cute?!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #758: Apr 11, 2018 02:16:51 am
      Went for TAA again for motm, really because of his age. Some of the other contenders, you almost expect it from them due to their experience, but once again, Trent had sane pretty well wrapped up, and when it got tough, he got tougher. He’s a star in the making and our r back for many years to come I think. Well done  lad.

part of why i went for Milner, his age.  ;D
      The way he gets around with that walker and oxygen tank...

Quick Reply