Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Berbatov (Tottenham)

Read 7558 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Berbatov (Tottenham)
      Reply #23: Dec 05, 2007 12:52:02 am
      He dosent need goals he is worth double the 10million we paid for him

Lets not go nuts

But he is a valuable member. He is a very un-selfish player. Look at the plays we have created when he plays and you will notice he always has his part. Not the goal scoring striker (funnily enough) but he does create chances.
      S-A-M-U-E-L-T
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | -13 
      • LIVERPOOL!
      Reply #24: Dec 08, 2007 10:37:00 am
      He is too girly for me. He dosent get stuck in and only like footy for the money. 20 million is a good value for him but no wonder why no one bought him last season because he was to much.40 mil.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Dec 09, 2007 06:02:31 pm
      I refer back to an article I posted in another thread:

Berba has reason to look glum

I'm struggling to understand how Dimitar Berbatov has been elevated to Gerd Muller status.

Undoubtedly he is a good striker, but on what basis has he swallowed his own hype about being in the top bracket of world strikers?

Berbatov has played 44 Premiership games for Spurs and scored 14 times. Not even a one-in-three hit rate. For someone who is 27 in two months and cost £11million, that's hardly special.

We're not talking Alan Shearer here. We're talking Dirk Kuyt, whose Premiership return is exactly the same as Berbatov's: 14 goals in 44. That's without mentioning his three Champions League goals this season plus one in last year's Champions League final.

Yet the Dutchman's name can't be mentioned without the observation that a cow's backside would be safe from bruising if he approached it with a banjo. So why is Berbatov so smug, so patronising and so sulky?

He has limply reassured Spurs he is committed to the cause despite half of his family saying he's offski, by muttering: "I will help the club in any way I can."

Getting your scoring ratio up to one-in-three would be a start. Smiling would be a bonus.

LINK

I really can't understand why everyone wants to pay £20m+ for a player with a scoring record no better than Kuyt, who apparently needs to go in part because his scoring record isn't good enough. Fact is Berbatov is a one in three player, and unlike Kuyt doesn't offer too much in terms of teamwork & tracking back.

Agree with what you say here, however I can point out the reason for Berbatovs demure attitude and lest just say blood has something to do with it and I am now convinced he is Draculas son look at the resembalance

Im telling you he is a vampire Im taking a crucifx and some garlic when we visit white fart lane at the end of the season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Dec 09, 2007 06:23:25 pm
       :D :D That would explain his lack of work rate compared to Kuyt - especially in day time games.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Dec 09, 2007 08:11:40 pm
      :D :D That would explain his lack of work rate compared to Kuyt - especially in day time games.
      Exactly and to prove it he only starts playing when its dark or comes on as sub late in the second half when its getting dark. Im telling you the evidence is there for frak sake he comes from Bulgaria and where is Transalvania... ha in Bulgaria so thats proof, if I was too take this into an American court of law I could sue him for being a vampire... look all the evidence is there.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #28: Dec 10, 2007 06:54:58 pm
      No Problems i am from sheffield and come down the m62, so I'll drop off in manchester and throw a mancunian in my boot, so that he will get enough blood before the game!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Dec 23, 2007 07:03:07 am
      I don't remember him being the sulky type?

If we fail to keep hold of Crouch, Berbatov will be the best option to replace.

Agreed but could we get him???
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #30: Dec 23, 2007 10:41:47 pm
      Berbatov has seemed sulky for a while now but i cant help but admire his coolness on the football pitch. He just plays like nothing fazes him and seems so unpredictable on the ball. But i don't want him, I feel we have one of the potential best strikers in the league in Ryan Babel having got 6 goals already considering how little game time he has had and playing out of position imagine what he could do upfront.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Dec 30, 2007 02:10:44 pm
      He's not the fastest around but he'll complement Torers with his fine first touch. He'll link up well with Torres. With Babel around we'll be a handful to to others. Worth taking the gamble.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Dec 30, 2007 02:15:27 pm
      He is much better finisher than Voronin & Kuyt and it worth taking the gamble.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #33: Dec 30, 2007 05:35:37 pm
      I doubt very much we have Berbatov money.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2007 03:41:05 pm
      I doubt very much we want to waste our money on him at all. Ok, he is a great striker but 25 million. Please...
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2008 12:35:10 pm
      25 million?!! Whoa. We could clone Torres a twin with that sorta cash!
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2008 02:22:30 pm
      I think he is a very good option for us.  He will make a good partnership with Torres.  It is obvious that he is not happy at spurs, but reaching 27 its understandable that he wants to compete for silverware and make his mark in Europe.  I think if the price is right we should go for him,  anything under 20m would be great, but we should not pay over 25m. 

I think it will depend on Chelsea as everyone knows that the club is a gigantic well for big name players, but they're all seem to go head first.

16m plus Sissoko was what I was thinking meself!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jan 02, 2008 02:45:23 am
      16m plus Sissoko was what I was thinking meself!!
      No chance. Stevie and Co. wouldnt want to be facing him.
      Cy
      Reply #38: Jan 02, 2008 11:51:23 am
      Berbatov is quality, no doubt. Now the money side is nothing really new, this is the market. What really would matter most is his desire to join us in my opinion, seems to me that he wants glory but with anyone, united chelsea arsenal it dosent matter to him....and that in my opinion is not Liverpool material..
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 02, 2008 01:26:35 pm
      Ehh, don't really want to see him around here. He's a good player, but if you put someone up for 25 mil. that should be worth around, 17....Lets just say that I don't want any gold diggers around here.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #40: Jan 02, 2008 03:18:54 pm
      25 million?!! Whoa. We could clone Torres a twin with that sorta cash!

Thats the price Moyes put on Arteta's head, its just a price to put everyone off buying him.  You can price someone what you like, its what someone  is actually willing to pay that counts.  ;)
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Jan 04, 2008 02:16:18 am
      Thats the price Moyes put on Arteta's head, its just a price to put everyone off buying him.  You can price someone what you like, its what someone  is actually willing to pay that counts.  ;)

Aye you're right, but they've said now that he won't leave for under 30 million! I bet if they're offered over 20 he'll be gone. I don't really want him anyawho's. There's better.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #42: Jan 04, 2008 02:31:31 pm
      tottenham want £35 million for him now haha that rules him out 100%
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #43: Jan 04, 2008 05:48:39 pm
      tottenham want £35 million for him now haha that rules him out 100%

United want £75m for Ronaldo. Now there's a joke.
      mancslayer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      • Mancs = Devil Worshipers
      Reply #44: Jan 04, 2008 05:55:51 pm
      that over 100 million pounds for two players one of whom can be a very sulky git. However theres no denying the skill that both of them have but it looks as though Ronaldos going to be annoying English premier league clubs till the end of his career. Unless Real msuddenly go overboard and do the whole galactico thing again which we all know worked brilliantly for them last time.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #45: Jan 04, 2008 06:09:44 pm
      Too lazy!!!!!

I would rather have kept Cisse.

Quick Reply