Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Salah or Suarez

King Mo
      25 (47.2%)
      Suarez
      5 (9.4%)
      Both, in a front 3. Sexy Time
      23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 14924 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #46: Apr 15, 2018 11:28:35 pm
      Suarez robbed the African continent of their greatest football success in the most despicable manner. Utter shameful character.

Seriously............... .....................

But Salah is so much a better person, and the club can be proud of him, where as Suarez brought shame.

And how do you know Salah is a much better person? He could have a sex dungeon with multiple females locked up in his home  :o
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #47: Apr 15, 2018 11:34:11 pm
      Seriously....................................

Yes. Come on, it's not new is it. It's a matter of fact and it was some time ago, so we all know it happened.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #48: Apr 15, 2018 11:34:44 pm
      Suarez robbed the African continent of their greatest football success in the most despicable manner. Utter shameful character.

Salah is bringing his own African country great honour, and pride to the African continent.

Aside from that, what a great personality this man has, and what a sensation on the pitch. Hard to really compare football wise. They are both superbly talented. But Salah is so much a better person, and the club can be proud of him, where as Suarez brought shame.

Ever seen the film frozen?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #49: Apr 15, 2018 11:40:32 pm

My daughter loves that song....
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #50: Apr 15, 2018 11:42:44 pm

Yes mate. Can't stand it.  :laugh:
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #51: Apr 16, 2018 09:05:36 am
      Meaning Suarez of 2014.

Not yet but in the process of getting and he will if he keeps working under JK.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2018 04:15:28 pm by nikos »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #52: Apr 16, 2018 12:54:16 pm
      F*** sake JD, this is the equivalent of "who do you love more? mommy or daddy?"

I really had to think about this. Suarez carried the team that was nowhere near as balanced and was lower in quality in general, and still nearly won us the league, whereas Salah has some real quality players creating chance after chance for him, which helps a lot

On the other hand, scoring 40 goals faster than anyone in our history in the toughest league in the world is something special.

I think Suarez just edges it. But will swap if Salah does it all again next year  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Apr 16, 2018 02:20:37 pm
      Salah, based on both players 1st season at the club.
      Would happily have Suarez as the 9 in an attacking 3 with Salah though.
      With Firmino on the left.

Now that would be unstoppable.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #54: Apr 16, 2018 03:40:52 pm

Nah F**k Suárez, he was desperate to leave.

I’ll keep my man Mane up top with Salah and Bobby.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #55: Apr 16, 2018 03:45:48 pm
      Nah f**k Suárez, he was desperate to leave.

I agree, but imagine a front 3 of, Mane, Suarez and Salah ! Although, I still think we have the best attack in world football with, Mane, Firmino and Salah. Perhaps PSG are the only front 3 that could possibly rival ours?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #56: Apr 16, 2018 11:06:01 pm

You should be ashamed, that’s pure filth  :o

Yes please.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Apr 17, 2018 09:58:39 am
      Nah F**k Suárez, he was desperate to leave.

You know how hypothetical question threads work, right?

I like Mane, but Suarez was a F***ing monster.
      Kopite78
      Reply #58: Apr 17, 2018 10:09:58 am
      This team over the 13/14 side

So therefore Salah over Suarez.

Id have Bobby over him too
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #59: Apr 17, 2018 10:31:51 am
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #60: Apr 17, 2018 11:14:33 am
      You know how hypothetical question threads work, right?

I like Mane, but Suarez was a f**king monster.
      If we ever was to get a  fit in form Suarez back we could play  Mane, Suarez, Salah as the front three and Bobby behind them. It would not have to be a either or..

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Apr 17, 2018 11:17:15 am

See...I told yer he doesn't tackle back...this lad needs to up the ante....get stuck in Mo..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Apr 17, 2018 11:45:46 am
      I'm starting to think that Salah is better than Suarez and I did not think I would ever proclaim anyone better than Luis. Salah's headed goal on Saturday was a thing of absolute beauty as was his goal against Spurs. They were both every bit as good as any skill from Luis. Add to this the fact that he seems to be a much more stable human being and smarter on the field and off it and I have to hand it to Mo, but can you just imagine having them both in the same team, WOW!

Come home Luis, you know it makes sense!
      Kopite78
      Reply #63: Apr 17, 2018 12:36:02 pm

Come home Luis, you know it makes sense!

Nah

Stay where you are 👍
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Apr 17, 2018 04:01:02 pm
      At this stage if we go season by season then Salah is way ahead. Suarez first full season was 39 (17). He was good but he hadn't reached his full potential here.

Salah by contrast has probably had his best season, in terms of goals scored. He will get far more attention next season, I mean he will still get plenty but not more than 40.

But because of Salah's prolific goal scoring he definitely is way ahead of Suarez so far. And we can't ignor Suarez's diciplinary record, it's part and parcel of the player he was here. Mo wins that one in a canter.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #65: Apr 17, 2018 04:13:20 pm
      I totally get why people favour Mo - I f***in’ love the little bugger.....

My reason for leaning to Suarez is just about a body of work in a much poorer team so the (relative) longevity of Suarez wins for me.

The bans are a bit misleading cos the Racism thing was a shithouse piece of FA fuckuperry and it’s easy to argue that his goal performance in the 13/14 season is as impressive as Mo’s to date given the games missed.

The main slight on Luis for me is the fact he tried to force a move to Arsenal then wanked himself into a coma over Barca/Real/Juve the following summer and ended up biting Chielini......Tbh I don’t even really care about the bite but I’ve always struggled to support someone who just doesn’t wanna play for us......

I think Mo’s ceiling is higher and I think he’s a terrific role model but I can’t let 4/5 of a season sway me either.

Not undermining the wee guy in any way - it’s the same reason why Kenny will probably always be my guy.....I’m always gonna lean to someone who does it year on year........
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #66: Apr 17, 2018 11:35:56 pm
      Suarez, unplayable quality with baggage.

Salah, unplayable quality with class.
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #67: Apr 19, 2018 04:03:27 am
      Hard to argue against Salah really given the stats but there was something about Suarez that was just a little bit more sensational. Salah strikes me as being more measured and thoughtful in the way he plays. With Suarez you got the mad hat tricks of goal of the season contenders, the frantic harassing of defenders and goalkeepers etc where it all just felt like he was playing off instinct like an angry kid in the school yard.

Even in his first season when he didn’t score as many, he was still exciting every game. It felt like once a match he’d beat 3 or 4 men and rattle a proper venomous shot off the woodwork.

On output, although it’s only been (nearly) one season, I’d say Mo. On the sheer spectacle of watching them both, I’d say Suarez.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #68: Apr 19, 2018 06:04:12 am
      So Suarez was bought as an out and out striker.  Salah was bought more as wide player I suppose.

Who would you have in your team first 2014 Suarez or 2018 Salah?

F**k me this is a tough one :D

Short answer is this - Suarez on pure ability, Salah on ability + discipline. Can't deny that Mo doesn't really have too many blemishes, doesn't arc up at refs too much (nor oppo players) and is still bagging the goals.

However, recency bias is a real thing and we're all (rightly so) getting caught up in this wondrous moment of King Salah - but I was watching LFCTV recently and they had a goal rush of every Suarez goal. My F**k did he have an ability I have still not seen in any other player before. The way he could be falling over and still get a quality toe on the ball to put it exactly where he wanted in the net, the torment of Norwich, THAT move on the by line to set up Kuyt against United. I loved Duracell Dirk but that guy scoring a hattie against United? Suarez lifted players like that.

Mo is doing similar here as well, in that our team has lifted as his season has grown. If he keeps this up for the next 3-4+ seasons with silverware that will come, then I'll proclaim him better than Suarez I think. But it will be by the slightest of margins, because I truly believe Suarez was magnificent and was playing in a pretty sh*t team for most of his time here. He almost dragged us to that title by his pure tenacity and I will never forget him bringing me hope in a time where there didn't seem to be much.

F**k it, can't I have both?!  :confused-smiley-013: :D

Quick Reply