Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Salah or Suarez

King Mo
      25 (47.2%)
      Suarez
      5 (9.4%)
      Both, in a front 3. Sexy Time
      23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 15041 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #69: Apr 19, 2018 06:55:52 am
      Little chant for that Chelsea meeting in a couple of weeks 8):

ooooooh Mo Salah he wears a magic hat! He used to play for Chelsea but they are f******* crap then off he went to Roma and this is what he said I want to score for Liverpool I want to play in red
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #70: Apr 19, 2018 07:38:57 am

Who would you have in your team first 2014 Suarez or 2018 Salah?
      How possible is it to isolate a player from the rest of the team esp in a club like LFC whose performance is result of team work and manager's game style?

Barcelona or Real traditionally sing what's more costly in the market so their game is sometimes more based on players' football personality individually,so i think this is a question more appealing to clubs where the manager is often overshadowed by units.

The 2014 Liverpool was BR's squad.

Could i have both under JK and the the question would be how many points clear from the second we would have won the League.

BTW they're both better than Kane or Vardy of 2016.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #71: Apr 19, 2018 07:39:25 am
      I would go for Suarez at this time. Salah is very left footed, and sometimes needs an extra touch to take a chance on his left foot. That extra touch isn't always possible and the chance is gone.

Suarez could also score free kicks. Salah hasn't scored any yet, afaik. With no Coutinho around, it's a role still up for grabs, and you would think one of the forwards would try it out, and see how they get on. I've nothing against him taking them, but we need more options for it than TAA imo.

Nothing against Salah either, but there's room for improvement. I think we'd need another year at least to make a better judgement. If he turned down offers to abandon ship, that would help his case. He's played for 5 clubs over the past 5 years. So he needs some stability at this point of his career.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,546 posts | 3906 
      Reply #72: Apr 19, 2018 08:08:02 am
      I would go for Suarez at this time. Salah is very left footed, and sometimes needs an extra touch to take a chance on his left foot. That extra touch isn't always possible and the chance is gone.

Suarez could also score free kicks. Salah hasn't scored any yet, afaik. With no Coutinho around, it's a role still up for grabs, and you would think one of the forwards would try it out, and see how they get on. I've nothing against him taking them, but we need more options for it than TAA imo.

Nothing against Salah either, but there's room for improvement. I think we'd need another year at least to make a better judgement. If he turned down offers to abandon ship, that would help his case. He's played for 5 clubs over the past 5 years. So he needs some stability at this point of his career.

Extra touch? Chance is gone? He’s putting chances away left right and centre mate.

Plus..... that extra touch is what makes Salah so amazing, everything goes into slow motion when he gets the ball in the box and it’s as if he’s cast a spell over everyone. Never seen anything like it.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #73: Apr 19, 2018 02:52:56 pm
      I've given this some thought, and I'm going to go with Mo Salah.  I am basing my answer on this question:  If you switched the two players and put Mo as the ST in that 2014 team and Suarez as the RW in our current team, who would be able to perform the role of the other player to a higher standard?  This isn't a question of which team is better -- rather, which individual (Mo or Luis) would perform better in these hypothetical teams.

Migs
      Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Flano
      Gerrard
      Hendo - Coutinho
      Sterling
      Salah - Studge

In this setup and with this supporting cast, Mo Salah would still be unplayable.  If anything, I could honestly see him scoring even more goals as a result of being able to latch onto some of the through balls coming from the likes of Stevie and Coutinho.  Our current side lacks the brilliant, creative passing coming from deep that can dissect a back 4 with a single pass.  The only downside I can see is that Mo and Studge both make similar sorts of runs and like to occupy similar spaces, so that would have needed some work to iron out.

Karius
      TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robbo
      Hendo - Gini
      Ox
      Suarez - Firmino - Mane

In this setup, Suarez would still have been brilliant.  He likely would register more assists, and I think our team would actually be better suited to breaking down deep lying opposition than we currently are with Mo in the side.  However, I don't think Suarez would have scored as many goals coming from a wide right position as he did when playing as the focal point of our attack. 

So, I'm giving it to Mo as I think it is more difficult to hit the goalscoring numbers that he is achieving this season from a wide starting position.  Obviously, both are brilliant players and we are lucky to currently have Mo in our ranks.  Hopefully, we seize the opportunity this summer to add a few more of his calibre to the squad and and have a run at the league title next season!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #74: Apr 19, 2018 05:05:27 pm
      Little chant for that Chelsea meeting in a couple of weeks 8):

ooooooh Mo Salah he wears a magic hat! He used to play for Chelsea but they are f******* crap then off he went to Roma and this is what he said I want to score for Liverpool I want to play in red

Sounds completely Arsenal that chant.

Apart from the current one, I'd love to hear us sing the "If he scores another few, then I'll be muslim too" one just to watch Chelsea fan's heads explode!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #75: Apr 19, 2018 05:16:22 pm
      Sounds completely Arsenal that chant.

Apart from the current one, I'd love to hear us sing the "If he scores another few, then I'll be muslim too" one just to watch Chelsea fan's heads explode!!
      If we win the Champions league, he can share que sera with Gerrard.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #76: Apr 19, 2018 05:28:40 pm
      If we win the Champions league, he can share que sera with Gerrard.

Nah we deffo need to air a few more airings of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-icmPutQDk
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #77: Apr 19, 2018 05:43:56 pm
      How many times has Salah seen red?
      How many games has he missed due to his supposed uncontrollable temper?

Enough said.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2018 05:49:33 pm by stuey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #78: Apr 19, 2018 06:04:07 pm
      How many times has Salah seen red?
      How many games has he missed due to his supposed uncontrollable temper?

Enough said.
      Dilly Dilly
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #79: Apr 19, 2018 06:34:53 pm

Dodgy missed a trick not re-releasing that for record store day! Blood red vinyl,c'mon!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Apr 19, 2018 08:55:59 pm
      Suarez.....just.....

Two completely different characters...chalk n cheese....Mo seems to have a really laid back persona, relaxed and takes all in his stride...whereas Luis is a complete fookin nutter and can lose it at any given time, but that for me makes him who he is, that's his passion, brought up to survive in the rough streets of Uruguay, but by F**k can he play football, a one off broke the mould type who will literally do anything to win, and that makes him unique....forget all the biting and shenanigans, he's just a big kid and hasn't grown up yet....just think about  how he lit up the prem while with us...his goals, the assists, the things he tried, the things he miraculously pulled off...have we all forgot already what he brought to the club.....?

Salah...absolutely phenomenal first season, to hit 40 goals is special...to hit 40 goals in a newish league with new teammates, at a new club with new surroundings in a style of football he's had to adapt to is well...simply world class...just wait t'il he's settled...thing is we are playing a different kind of football now so comparisons to me are pretty futile....would Mo have been as prolific in the 13/14 side with Luis & Stevie ?
      Not so sure, ok but turn it round and put Suarez in beside Mo Bobby & Mane ?

sh*t a brick its a bit fookin scary isn't it....

Suarez for me...but it's still only Mo's first season so watch this space  !!

YNWA

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #81: Apr 19, 2018 09:31:50 pm
      Yeah can’t knock Mo’s tally whatsoever... unbelievable and just keeps breaking records. To think he is the first player to hit 40 for us since Rush, considering the players we have had, and he will just keep going and going.

But just take a step back and remember some of the things Suarez did when he was here. Remember that hat trick against Norwich in his 1st/2nd season, including chipping the keeper from the half way line? Remember that goal against Newcastle when he plucked Jose Enrique’s pass out the air on to his chest, rounded the keeper and tapped in to the net in what seemed like one fluid movement? Remember the 4 he scored against Norwich in his last season - you won’t see a better hat-trick + 1.

As billy said above, Suarez in this season’s front 3 would just be frightening (not that it wasn’t already).
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #82: Apr 20, 2018 01:24:23 am
      See...I told yer he doesn't tackle back...this lad needs to up the ante....get stuck in Mo..
      No, Mo isn't a defender. He is also too important to start sliding in.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #83: Apr 20, 2018 03:38:36 pm
      Quote from LondonRed83
      Extra touch? Chance is gone? He’s putting chances away left right and centre mate.

Plus..... that extra touch is what makes Salah so amazing, everything goes into slow motion when he gets the ball in the box and it’s as if he’s cast a spell over everyone. Never seen anything like it.

When you see the majority of his goals, they are from his left foot. That's not an coincidence, but sometimes you don't get the time to get the ball onto your preferred foot. I think you have to be able to take a chance as and when you get it, on either foot.

In saying that, when he does score he often leaves defenders falling around the place, which I find hilarious. I also presume he will be first choice for penalties for the rest of the season to top up the tally.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #84: Apr 20, 2018 03:47:39 pm
      A poll would be great!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: Apr 21, 2018 11:29:10 am
      I really just feel privileged to see them both wearing the Famous Red!
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #86: Apr 24, 2018 12:07:18 pm
      Will be obvious in a few hours.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: Apr 24, 2018 12:46:42 pm

Done.

You can now. :D

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #88: Apr 24, 2018 04:17:30 pm
      Better player? Suarez. The f**ker dragged the whole team to within a whisker of the league. His impact was outstanding.

I'm not downplaying Mo one bit, but he's had a lot of the others do the work for him to score. The work of Firmino in creating the space and the right-sided central midfielder to cover for him has allowed him to achieve what he has.

Suarez was our front three all rolled in to one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #89: Apr 24, 2018 05:47:54 pm
      The bans are a bit misleading cos the Racism thing was a shithouse piece of FA fuckuperry and it’s easy to argue that his goal performance in the 13/14 season is as impressive as Mo’s to date given the games missed.
      Aside from, It is law of the land, not law of the language..when people who say "Negro" in some South American countries they say it to describe, but saying it repetitively is not a usually thing, there is also the tone and context to consider as an aspect. Even a Spanish speaker will tell you, the term "Negro" can be used offensively if said in a specific way, especially if repeated over and over. He could have said Evra but he didn't. Oddly enough, another similar word is "Moreno". This means brown rather than black. In my opinion, he was guilty and his get out clause was trivial. The fact that Suarez admitted what he said doesn't make him less guilty, he was trying to make a language excuse. When the Independent Regulatory Commission took statements in accordance with the footage, Suarez statement of the events did not seem accurate but Evra's version of events matched the footage, which is why they believed Evra when he said Suarez said it 7 times. If Suarez did not want to get in this situation he should have been honest about what happened. Once telling porkies to the Independent Regulatory Commission in an interview then saying "I didn't know it was bad in UK".. it all adds to how trivial has excuses were. I have ethic minority relatives and it surprises me how many people are quick to back Suarez on this. I also can't believe for one second Dalglish got permission from owners to do the t-shirt stunt and they were probably horrified by it, I know Kenny is a great guy but he misjudged that situation in my opinion. I don't like Evra, but it does not change what Suarez did.

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018 05:52:19 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #90: Apr 24, 2018 06:10:24 pm
      Aside from, It is law of the land, not law of the language..when people who say "Negro" in some South American countries they say it to describe, but saying it repetitively is not a usually thing, there is also the tone and context to consider as an aspect. Even a Spanish speaker will tell you, the term "Negro" can be used offensively if said in a specific way, especially if repeated over and over. He could have said Evra but he didn't. Oddly enough, another similar word is "Moreno". This means brown rather than black. In my opinion, he was guilty and his get out clause was trivial. The fact that Suarez admitted what he said doesn't make him less guilty, he was trying to make a language excuse. When the Independent Regulatory Commission took statements in accordance with the footage, Suarez statement of the events did not seem accurate but Evra's version of events matched the footage, which is why they believed Evra when he said Suarez said it 7 times. If Suarez did not want to get in this situation he should have been honest about what happened. Once telling porkies to the Independent Regulatory Commission in an interview then saying "I didn't know it was bad in UK".. it all adds to how trivial has excuses were. I have ethic minority relatives and it surprises me how many people are quick to back Suarez on this. I also can't believe for one second Dalglish got permission from owners to do the t-shirt stunt and they were probably horrified by it, I know Kenny is a great guy but he misjudged that situation in my opinion. I don't like Evra, but it does not change what Suarez did.

Jeez Ribs - now, really ;) ?

As it goes I really don’t agree - Kenny judged the moment and the fan’s sentiment perfectly.......But it really doesn’t matter right now - enjoy the game :)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #91: Apr 24, 2018 06:11:58 pm
      You are guilty of not using paragraphs.

Quick Reply