Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Salah or Suarez

King Mo
      25 (47.2%)
      Suarez
      5 (9.4%)
      Both, in a front 3. Sexy Time
      23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 15077 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #92: Apr 24, 2018 09:56:36 pm
      Can I change my vote  :f_doh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Apr 24, 2018 10:07:55 pm
      Thats it! Its Mo.

BUT Suarez would be on at Klopp right now. 'Do not sub me'.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #94: Apr 24, 2018 10:19:32 pm
      Thats it! Its Mo.

BUT Suarez would be on at Klopp right now. 'Do not sub me'.

It's always been Mo ;)
      Scottbot

• 9,601 posts | 2156 
      Reply #95: Apr 24, 2018 10:37:35 pm
      I wouldn't swap him for anyone!

If he doesn't win the Ballon D'or this season there is something wrong with the world. Having said that, him winning it guarantees we won't be able to keep hold of him for more than another season. Enjoy him while he's here!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Apr 25, 2018 08:51:36 am
      I've yet to confirm who is better yet and basically waiting to see if Salah produces the same type of performance next year as he's doing this. I will say I prefer Salah based on that fact Suarez was a angry bird when things didn't go his way. His temprement issues were a major problem and spit his dummy out many times.

When you compare the first two seasons with these two great players Salah does come on top for one reason alone! He's proven a clinical finisher whereas it took Suarez a little longer before he found that golden.

Question time!
      Can anyone tell me if  in the history of Liverpool football club ( (in their first season )) has had a bigger impact on the club than the Gentlemen Salah??  I personally can't think of anyone but would love to know if you guys can correct me?

What I also don't know is do Egyptian players have the same feeling about Brazilian players and all want to play in Spain?? 

Some fans will already be saying he's a legend ( and who would argue ) but I don't believe anyone can have that status in one year at a club. He's certainly odds on to achieve that if staying though.

When I look at past legends  to name a few (( King Kenny, Rush, Carragher, Gerrard, Hunt and many more they were all out the club years and wore/ kissed their badge with pride.

WHEN! Not if Salah produces the same level of performance next year as he's doing this year HE WILL BE CLASSED BETTER THAN Suarez IN MY BOOK. Just my opinion of course ;D.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #97: Apr 25, 2018 08:58:40 am
      I've yet to confirm who is better yet and basically waiting to see if Salah produces the same type of performance next year as he's doing this. I will say I prefer Salah based on that fact Suarez was a angry bird when things didn't go his way. His temprement issues were a major problem and spit his dummy out many times.

When you compare the first two seasons with these two great players Salah does come on top for one reason alone! He's proven a clinical finisher whereas it took Suarez a little longer before he found that golden.

Question time!
      Can anyone tell me if  in the history of Liverpool football club ( (in their first season )) has had a bigger impact on the club than the Gentlemen Salah??  I personally can't think of anyone but would love to know if you guys can correct me?

What I also don't know is do Egyptian players have the same feeling about Brazilian players and all want to play in Spain?? 

Some fans will already be saying he's a legend ( and who would argue ) but I don't believe anyone can have that status in one year at a club. He's certainly odds on to achieve that if staying though.

When I look at past legends  to name a few (( King Kenny, Rush, Carragher, Gerrard, Hunt and many more they were all out the club years and wore/ kissed their badge with pride.

WHEN! Not if Salah produces the same level of performance next year as he's doing this year HE WILL BE CLASSED BETTER THAN Suarez IN MY BOOK. Just my opinion of course ;D.

Only one I can really think of is the original King......Kenny, Keith.

Not as prolific but outstanding and the winner in European Cup final.

Will never understand why he didn’t win the Ballon d’or equivalent at least once. Your man George Best said he was as good as Di Stefano who was the most complete player he ever saw.

I have to say I think we are seeing the flowering of a truly great talent at the moment.

One that will endure.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #98: Apr 25, 2018 09:07:02 am
      Only one I can really think of is the original King......Kenny, Keith.

Not as prolific but outstanding and the winner in European Cup final.

Will never understand why he didn’t win the Ballon d’or equivalent at least once. Your man George Best said he was as good as Di Stefano who was the most complete player he ever saw.

I have to say I think we are seeing the flowering of a truly great talent at the moment.

One that will endure.

Did KK do it in his first season though Scotia? I simply can't remember and that's why I ask the question. In the back of my mind I've always thought you have to be playing your football in Spain to have a chance of winning the Ballon D'or. They appear to favour their league over the Premiership
      Kopite78
      Reply #99: Apr 25, 2018 09:58:46 am
      Salah is better

This team is better
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #100: Apr 25, 2018 09:59:41 am

Question time!

Mo gets my vote but you mention kissing the badge with pride,now Roger will always be a hero in my book (up there with the best) but I seem to recalling him taking his shirt off in disgust when Bill Shankly subbed him toward the end of his Liverpool career.Mo gets subbed and  just walks ,no tantrums from this lad.
      Kopite78
      Reply #101: Apr 25, 2018 10:00:42 am
      Did KK do it in his first season though Scotia? I simply can't remember and that's why I ask the question.

Yeah he did Keith

Goalscoring wise Kennys first season was his best. 31 all comps
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #102: Apr 25, 2018 10:22:42 am
      Yeah he did Keith

Great return Kopite but surly Salah still better?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #103: Apr 25, 2018 10:24:27 am
      Mo gets subbed and  just walks ,no tantrums from this lad.

Hence my comments he appears to be a gentleman on and off the pitch.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #104: Apr 25, 2018 10:27:05 am
      Did KK do it in his first season though Scotia? I simply can't remember and that's why I ask the question. In the back of my mind I've always thought you have to be playing your football in Spain to have a chance of winning the Ballon D'or. They appear to favour their league over the Premiership
      Yeah he did Keith

Great return Kopite but surly Salah still better?

As yer man points out he sure did.

I think (personally) for Mo’s impact to be greater we need to win the final in Kiev.

That’s how high the bar Kenny set.

Regardless - Mo is wonderful and my initial instinct that we needed a bit more than 4/5 of a season out him to put him ahead of Luis has pretty much evaporated.

We’re witnessing something very, very special.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #105: Apr 25, 2018 10:33:48 am
      At this MOment in time, he's better than everyone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #106: Apr 25, 2018 10:52:28 am
      I'm leaning more & more towards Salah...

He just unplayable & what an achievement it would be if he picked up the Ballon whatever it is award..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Apr 25, 2018 11:12:48 am
      I'm leaning more & more towards Salah...

He just unplayable & what an achievement it would be if he picked up the Ballon whatever it is award..

Well if I could vote he's my selection.  ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #108: Apr 25, 2018 11:49:03 am
      Well if I could vote he's my selection.  ;D

I never thought I'd see the day when a Utd fan was pining for a LFC player to win the Ballon D'or  :lmao:

In all seriousness, fair play to you Keith for being able to praise a rival player.  If there's a lad who truly deserves it, it's Mo. 

On current form, Mo is the best in the world.  He probably isn't the single most talented player on the planet -- Neymar might take the award for most talent.  However, the difference between Mo and others like Neymar is that Mo works harder and plays with more desire.  We can be 5-0 up in the 90th minute and he is still chasing balls through the channels and running down lost causes.  The energy and passion that he plays with are infectious; his humility on and off the field is admirable; his talent is remarkable; and his form is out of this world!! 

He's a special player!!  Perhaps more importantly, he's a good person and a true role model for the youth to aspire to. 
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #109: Apr 25, 2018 11:53:26 am
      Salah > Suarez, but imagine if we had both of them! 💥
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #110: Apr 25, 2018 03:49:14 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

Question time!

Sorry, don't have answers to your questions.

But clearly, you're one of the few mancs having a great time watching the European Cup atm, while we're brushing the best in Europe aside with at least 5 goals per round.

All on 4KUltra HD via a Red Button.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #111: Apr 25, 2018 08:13:45 pm
      At this moment in time salah all day long..
      Harrisimo

• 8,228 posts | 1387 
      Reply #112: Apr 26, 2018 12:13:49 am
      Salah is being talked up as being the new Messi. Well Messi in essence is a 5-a-side player. Once a Barca attack ends Messi just walks, watching to see how and where the next attack will spring from. Then he comes into it in a more or less from 10-15 yards outside the box.

Salah isn't all that different except he is expected to track back and basically defend from the front when he can. He is obviously not in Firmino's class when it come to defending from the front.

I'm sure there were many thousands who did not expect to see an attacker here, as good or even better than Suarez, for a very long time. But than is exactly what has happened with Salah.

Salah nearly always picks the right option. That's what marks him out. He knows when to dink it, use power, get his shot in, pass it, curve it, beat a man, doesn't double back and beat the same player twice the way George Best did. Can time his run to perfection. He just instinctively picks the right option. That make him more dangerous. Suarez had that knack as well but this far into Salah's time here...he is better than Suarez.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,176 posts | 831 
      Reply #113: Apr 27, 2018 11:07:18 am
      Still Luis for me but Mo could easily take himself beyond what Suarez was like for us if he keeps playing as he is.

I chose option 3

but agree with srslfc
      Kopite78
      Reply #114: Apr 27, 2018 11:12:51 am
      I chose option 3

but agree with srslfc

I wouldn't drop any of this front 3 for him

Quick Reply