Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Karius
      0 (0%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      13 (23.2%)
      Klavan
      3 (5.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Wijnaldum
      1 (1.8%)
      Henderson
      2 (3.6%)
      Milner
      6 (10.7%)
      Salah
      11 (19.6%)
      Ings
      12 (21.4%)
      Mané
      4 (7.1%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Oxlade-Chamberlainat
      4 (7.1%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

West Brom 2:2 Liverpool. In game & post Match discussion.

Read 22473 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: West Brom V Liverpool
      Reply #299: Apr 21, 2018 03:15:14 pm

His giveaway led to the 2nd and it was a lazy play. Wasn't the first time, either. I'm sure he was a bit rusty, but disappointing to give it away like that. I don't think he'll be off, however. Better to let him focus on playing center back next season (not first choice).

Then you have the other fullback on the day...ugh.

This result probably only affects our outside chance at 2nd and our better chance at 3rd, but still hate to see us give away points like that. Thought we had that kind of thing out of our system.

Hoping for something special on Tuesday.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2018 03:23:20 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #300: Apr 21, 2018 03:18:11 pm
      Gomez trying his hardest at the end to pip Moreno as worst player on the park but Alberto had that tied up already.

By far and away the worst performance I have seen by a Liverpool player this season. Not one thing I can say he done right and unbelievably he managed to lose every 50/50 and he went in for a good few. Doesn’t have a football brain whatsoever; commits when he shouldn’t and doesn’t when he should.

Almost felt sorry for him after he conceeded that free kick after getting the piss taken out him again by Phillips. He looked dejected and probably knows he isn’t good enough. Wouldn’t want him as a back up or even 3rd choice - get rid as soon as possible.

Did you see the bit in added time when Ox had the ball forward left, two defenders came out to mark him and Moreno was unmarked a bit wider and a bit back? The obvious football decision was to tap it back to Alberto, but you could almost see Ox look back, see who it was and think "right, I know what happens if I pass to him..."
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2018 03:24:33 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #301: Apr 21, 2018 03:26:05 pm
      Disappoint as anybody about the end of this.

But...some of you seem to have been missing for a while as we've compiled good result after good result. It's good that whatever issues you've had with online access have been sorted just in time for today's match.

;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #302: Apr 21, 2018 03:28:00 pm
      That was really quite crap, but at 2-0 I thought we'd shade the win, then that old ugly collapse reared its ugly head again. Really hope that doesn't affect the lads before the Roma game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #303: Apr 21, 2018 03:28:35 pm
      Did you see the bit in added time when Ox had the ball forward left, two defenders came out to mark him and Moreno was unmarked a bit wider and a bit back? The obvious football decision was to tap it back to Alberto, but you could almost see Ox look back, see who it was and think "right, I know what happens if I pass to him..."
      Can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same.

Even in the opposition’s half, there is more chance of him assisting one of their forwards than ours.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #304: Apr 21, 2018 03:34:29 pm
      Anyone thinking this is a good wake up call are digging into false benefits, there is no silver lining. If anything it is a confidence denter. I have no doubts this is more the referees fault than anything. Players were getting concerned that the ref was doing f**k all, there was a high risk of injury so we could not really get into the game. The poor protection from the referee gave West Brom the momentum in the end.

We are still 8 points ahead, this was our most trickiest game if you ask me, with it being 3 days before Roma.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #305: Apr 21, 2018 03:38:10 pm
      I think Moss the Spurs fan strikes again. What good is a 4th official that does **** all. He is lazy.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #306: Apr 21, 2018 03:43:10 pm
      Potentially damaging result. A win meant Jürgen could have rested almost everybody for the Stoke game but now we will need a result next weekend.

I thought the ref had an absolute shocker, missed a stonewall pen on Ings, the free kick for their equaliser didn't look like a foul (we had exactly the same incident on the opposite side of the pitch 3 mins later and he simply waved it off). He basically let their players kick the shi...t out of our lads for 90 minutes.

As well as Karius has been playing recently he proved why he is not and never should be number 1 in a side challenging for the top honours. When the crosses come in from the more physical sides he looks like a little boy in goal.

Moreno was Moreno.

Thankfully we have come through without any injuries touch wood.

Onto the next one, it's quite a big game!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #307: Apr 21, 2018 03:47:04 pm
      Anyone thinking this is a good wake up call are digging into false benefits, there is no silver lining. If anything it is a confidence denter. I have no doubts this is more the referees fault than anything. Players were getting concerned that the ref was doing f**k all, there was a high risk of injury so we could not really get into the game. The poor protection from the referee gave West Brom the momentum in the end.

We are still 8 points ahead, this was our most trickiest game if you ask me, with it being 3 days before Roma.

In context you have to look at the appalling refereeing by Atwell and add in the factor of two bad full back performances in a makeshift defence as well as the atrocious state of the pitch and you realise a 2-2 draw wasn't a surprising result in the end. Christ, there were passes made by us that would have zipped along the Anfield turf at great speed that more or less stopped mid pass. Karius in particular was unnerved by just how slow the pitch was as he struggled to get to balls that were played through, which given Karius's relatively quick speed of the line just showed how bad the pitch was. To be honest, aside from the anger of certain individuals I was just relieved we didn't lose the thing in the end.

Thank f**k West Brom are going down. A bit of a joke of a club who have contributed sweet f**k all to the Premier League with only god awful, reactionary football to show for it so in that sense I'm glad we didn't give them that winner that they thought they could get with 5 minutes left. But with their squad full of ageing soon to be has beens, don't be surprised if they find themselves where Sunderland are this time next year. I can feel sorry for them but no, they've been asking for it. Horrific football that is getting it's just desserts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: West Brom 2:2 Liverpool. In game & post Match discussion.
      Reply #308: Apr 21, 2018 04:36:03 pm
      I'd have taken a point an no injuries prior to kick off as its natural to have an eye to our most important games for 11 years approaching.
      One more win for me to secure CL next season so bring on Roma.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #309: Apr 21, 2018 04:38:59 pm
      Can only think he is being played with a view to selling, his contribution is f**king woeful.
      One thing's for sure it won't be a quick sale.

That sounds like a Car Salesman driving it off a cliff to show the airbag works...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #310: Apr 21, 2018 04:45:41 pm
      For all the stick I'm expecting Moreno to get, Gomez was worse.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #311: Apr 21, 2018 04:50:54 pm
      How can Klopp play Moreno he is shocking, Keeper problem raises its head again, didn't clear a ball he came out for, and another backward step from Gomez. How can't we defend a Two goal lead for 10 minuets
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #312: Apr 21, 2018 05:09:28 pm
      How can Klopp play Moreno he is shocking, Keeper problem raises its head again, didn't clear a ball he came out for, and another backward step from Gomez. How can't we defend a Two goal lead for 10 minuets

Not as shocking as your grammar. Keepers will make mistakes from time to time and is only as good as the lads in front of him. Ederson has been outstanding for City this season but has made mistakes against us on multiple occasions. If you want a keeper that is good 100% of the time we will be buying a new one every window. They don't exist.
      Harrisimo

• 8,267 posts | 1391 
      Reply #313: Apr 21, 2018 05:15:37 pm
      Not a terrible result but a few things stood out and the major one for me is that Karius just doesn't deal with stuff swung into and around the 6 yard box. He stood more less rooted to his line for several corners. Can't just leave it to VVD and the rest.

Should've had that near post covered much better for their second goal, free header almost. Now need 4 point from 3 games to finish top 4.

Chelsea can get max 75 points...another 4 would give us 75 and we have the better GD.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #314: Apr 21, 2018 05:17:06 pm
      Anyone noticed they put one man in front of Kairus to block him at every corner?
      Harrisimo

• 8,267 posts | 1391 
      Reply #315: Apr 21, 2018 05:27:21 pm
      For all the stick I'm expecting Moreno to get, Gomez was worse.

Well you have to remember that Salah has been moved into the inside right position and doesn't stay out wide. That means the the right full back, be it TAA or Gomez, has to get up and down thru the entire game. Gomez wasn't that bad today, considering that he doesn't start that many.

Harrisimo

• 8,267 posts | 1391 
      Reply #316: Apr 21, 2018 05:29:36 pm
      Anyone noticed they put one man in front of Kairus to block him at every corner?

Lets be honest here, it didn't take much to stop him. He looked out of it on every corner. He showed today he isn't any improvement on Mig in the air.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #317: Apr 21, 2018 05:31:12 pm
      Referee had a shocker. Unbelievable the standard of referring that passes for acceptable in this league.

See ya Albie,and what was Lovren doing on their second goal. Played everyone onside and then missed the header.

Happy for Ings and Mo, but we better reset before Roma, they will be much better than this West Bromwich team.
      Harrisimo

• 8,267 posts | 1391 
      Reply #318: Apr 21, 2018 05:59:34 pm
      Referee had a shocker. Unbelievable the standard of referring that passes for acceptable in this league.

See ya Albie,and what was Lovren doing on their second goal. Played everyone onside and then missed the header.

Happy for Ings and Mo, but we better reset before Roma, they will be much better than this West Bromwich team.

Yeah missed a clear penalty and a sending off. VAR will show how bad some of them are. If it ever comes in.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #319: Apr 21, 2018 06:18:22 pm
      Just seen the interview boss was fuming, he calmed down by the bbc interview.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #320: Apr 21, 2018 07:12:54 pm
      2 points lost, but to be honest it's not the worst result. Top 4 still in our hands.

Didn't see the game, but listened to some of it on the radio. We were 2-0 up, and I was thinking, a few years back we'd throw that lead away! 😄 ooops!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #321: Apr 21, 2018 07:16:17 pm
      Said in the pre-match thread that I wouldn't be surprised if this was a draw and had gone 2-2 in the prediction league.

Having said that - not great to reach that scoreline from 2-0 up.

Quick Reply