Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Roma Champions League Semi-Final

Read 13757 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Roma Champions League Semi-Final
      Apr 22, 2018 06:21:28 pm
      Full strength side, let’s smash them 😁

Karius

Alexander-Arnold
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Henderson (c)
      Wijnaldum

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Subs: Mignolet; Gomez, Klavan, Moreno; Milner; Ings, Solanke.

That’s assuming none of the current injured players are fit enough to make the squad.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2018 06:50:54 pm by JD »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Re: Liverpool v Roma Champions League Semi-Final Tues 24th April 19:45KO
      Reply #1: Apr 22, 2018 06:28:51 pm
      Milner for Wijnaldum for me but the rest I agree with
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Apr 22, 2018 07:11:53 pm
      Quote from: Nainggolan

I wasn’t happy with the draw, because in my view Liverpool were the toughest team out of the three, It’s not that they have more quality than Real Madrid or Bayern, but they put a lot of hard work in and have nothing to lose. Real and Bayern might’ve underestimated Roma, but Liverpool are warriors, a bit like us.

I spoke to Salah and he couldn’t believe we’d beaten Barcelona either! He was joking on Instagram that we’ll never hear the end of Kostas Manolas saying he scored the winning goal, It’ll be nice to see Momo again, we had a good rapport. He’s a good guy, sweet and respectful, as well as being an excellent player.

I am not surprised by his success at Liverpool, as he always had the quality. The only difference now is perhaps he’s got more opportunities and also learned to keep a cool head in front of goal. I’m a fan of his.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2018/04/nainggolan-liverpool-tougher-than-bayern-and-madrid/
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Apr 22, 2018 07:54:47 pm
      Brilliant to get this far, so gonna enjoy it - for some reason feel less apprehensive than before the Shitty match.
      Jürgen will have the lads up for it, tho if you can't get up for a semi in the CL, there is something wrong.
      Need the crowd in full voice again, and hopefully we go at Roma just like we did City. No respect.
      They look a strong bunch of lads Roma, and any side that gets to the semi has something about them.
      Hoping to finish work a little early so to get home for the kickoff.
      Have to savour these games cause they are the best matches BAR NONE to be involved in.
      CAN'T WAIT :)

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #4: Apr 22, 2018 08:00:47 pm
      Wrap the tie up and just go for the jugular. This cup is ours.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5: Apr 22, 2018 10:14:57 pm
      Let’s put 3 or 4 past them and cruise in Italy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: Apr 22, 2018 10:32:58 pm
      Let’s put 3 or 4 past them and cruise in Italy.

Make it 5 with a clean sheet and we have a deal.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: Apr 22, 2018 10:35:39 pm
      Go back to italy, go back to italy...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #8: Apr 22, 2018 10:51:37 pm
      I didn't post in the post West Brom game thread mainly because what I wanted to say had already been said and my mind and focus was on this game as was half of our team yesterday.
      I am really looking forward to this, far more than the two City quarter final games, obviously because it's European opposition but mainly because this is where our history takes over and for some crazy mutha farkin reason we rise above the rest.
      The sheer volume at Anfield come kick off won't be something new, far from it, we've been here before loads of times,we know what's expected of us, we know it takes blood and tears to continue on with the journey and I am confident Jürgen Klopp is the man to take us in to battle and win.

As for the teams?
      Thank god for Robertson and Trent returning as full backs and Firmino and Chamberlain starting.
      We really need those lads in full on mode come kick off Tuesday.One thing which was sadly lacking at West Brom.

Ironic that how a couple of quality Man City rejects will come up against us for the tie.

Let's not forget that despite Barca's sh*t display at Roma they did put 4 past them at the Camp Nou and Lazio kept them at bay last week.

Provide the ammunition to our front three and we're in with a very good chance of making the final and Roma know that so it's down to Ox,Henderson and Milner to break through along with Robbo and Trent down the wings.

There's no reason why we can't hammer this lot and score 3 or 4, it's how we defend and try to keep a clean sheet that is the concern. Dzeko is quality so will be a worry so I just hope big Van is on his case and Lovren alongside him keeps his head focused for the full 95 minutes.

F**k the rest, this is Europe, we're we belong, and will continue to stay forever more.

Heart says 3-0
      Head says 3-1

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Apr 22, 2018 10:53:45 pm
      Go back to italy, go back to italy...

I remember singing that song against Inter Milan at Anfield in 1965 on the Wednesday night (It was go back to Sorrento) after we had won the F.A.CUP for the first time.If we can generate as much energy against Roma then Roma will not have a cat in hells chance of beating us.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #10: Apr 22, 2018 11:55:40 pm
      So excited for this one i'm looking forward to not doing any work on Tuesday afternoon. Before the City series i was nervous before the games but for this one i am much more calm. Though it won't be easy, i think we are good enough to reach the finals and lift #6.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: Apr 23, 2018 12:30:49 am
      So excited for this one i'm looking forward to not doing any work on Tuesday afternoon. Before the City series i was nervous before the games but for this one i am much more calm. Though it won't be easy, i think we are good enough to reach the finals and lift #6.

I will be onsite again all day Tuesday so have to decide whether to sneak looks at the score real-time or try and not see the score and watch the recording later on. Can’t we schedule these games for the weekend ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #12: Apr 23, 2018 12:39:41 am
      I’m not as nervous for this one as I was for the city games, but a bit worried, 2nd leg v city, they put 5 in midfield and pretty well over run us.
      Ok we win 1-2, but Roma done similar to Barca, and got a massive result. We came into the game more in the second half v city, then once we scored you could see the energy drain out of them.
      We can’t afford to let Roma control the middle of the park like City did, so I hope we can match them in there, without being too light up top.
      Big tactical game, rather than two teams just going for it, so we need to be cautious. Match them in the middle, we won’t win playing 5 against 3 in midfield.
      Get it right Jürgen, and don’t take attacking players off for defenders ffs, when is that gonna become clear 😳
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Apr 23, 2018 12:46:52 am
      I will be onsite again all day Tuesday so have to decide whether to sneak looks at the score real-time or try and not see the score and watch the recording later on. Can’t we schedule these games for the weekend ;D

Always an exercise here to avoid seeing the score (that's become harder in America over the past 20 years - used to be you had nothing to worry about). But I never want to watch the match first time already knowing the score. The advantage is fast forwarding over 15 minutes of halftime rubbish in about 30 seconds.

Getting amped up thinking about the math now, however, we should agree on here, just like the players, not to talk about the final before we win the semifinal. We have the quality to win it all, but these matches are true challenges.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Apr 23, 2018 12:56:55 am

I have found excellent streams on Facebook in the Fox Sports channel, so that's where i watch while at work  >:D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2018 08:42:04 am
      Milner for Wijnaldum for me but the rest I agree with

Has to be Milner. Our best midfielder these days easily.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2018 09:04:28 am
       Score two or three goals, and more importantly, keep a clean sheet.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2018 09:40:57 am
      Anyone else Worried about Salah playing against old team who he has obvious affections for. I mean look at Moreno when he played against his old side :f_wah:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2018 09:45:03 am
      Anyone else Worried about Salah playing against old team who he has obvious affections for. I mean look at Moreno when he played against his old side :f_wah:

Two different kind of players, Mo oozes class and if he scores against Roma, I expect his celebration might be muted. As for Moreno he needs to find his brain, then and only then he might make a half tidy footballer, personally it wouldn't bother me if he never played for us again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2018 09:58:14 am

I think Moreno genuinely got confused who he was playing for, seeing as he is not blessed with a vast intellect!

I'm strangely apprehensive about this game, probably a result of the reversal at the weekend, leading 2-0 at 76 minutes and then ending up drawing just always pisses me off.
      Anyway bring it on, I can't wait for this match, I think we'll blow them out of the water, I think we'll need a 2 or 3 goal cushion and a clean sheet again would be fantastic.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #20: Apr 23, 2018 10:24:11 am
      Day off tomorrow. Tried booking a flight to Liverpool for tomorrow €279.00 they can F**k right off.
      So window cleaning, etc to keep me busy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #21: Apr 23, 2018 10:52:40 am

Not on Saturday - he was grim.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Apr 23, 2018 12:01:03 pm
      Not on Saturday - he was grim.

I didn't think Gini was great either. I guess this is the only question about the lineup, assuming Henderson will play in that deeper midfield role.

Quick Reply