Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Roma Champions League Semi-Final

Read 13913 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Liverpool v Roma Champions League Semi-Final Tues 24th April 19:45KO
      Reply #46: Apr 23, 2018 09:22:05 pm
      Not feeling the nerves just yet.

Alright for some, eh? I've been getting more and more nervous since the draw was made.

I didn't want Roma in the draw; they're unpredictable and our play-styles clash completely, in their favour more than anything. Still, I have faith that we can take a very good result to Italy next week.

Hoping for a 3-0. Would take a 3-1.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Apr 23, 2018 09:35:20 pm
      Yep definitely starting to feel the nerves now!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #48: Apr 23, 2018 09:45:49 pm
      Yep definitely starting to feel the nerves now!
      Imagine what the final will be like.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,602 posts | 3914 
      Reply #49: Apr 23, 2018 11:16:01 pm
      Getting to the semi final has been some achievement and anything else now is bonus territory.

Let’s just enjoy it boys
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: Apr 23, 2018 11:40:36 pm
      Just over 20 hours to go...can't wait but can if you know what I mean.

Want to do a number on them, like we did in the 1st leg against Porto and hopefully put the tie to bed at 5-0 and have a foot and a couple of toes in the Final.

Can only wish, hey?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #51: Apr 23, 2018 11:49:00 pm
      Imagine what the final will be like.

Let's just get there first mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2018 12:37:44 am
      Milner for Wijnaldum for me but the rest I agree with
      Looked at the picks above and thought the same... But i think on his day Wijnaldum can offer more in attack, but i think to often he has gone missing in games, so yes Miiner for Wijnaldum
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #53: Apr 24, 2018 12:39:43 am
      Brilliant to get this far, so gonna enjoy it - for some reason feel less apprehensive than before the Shitty match.
      Jürgen will have the lads up for it, tho if you can't get up for a semi in the CL, there is something wrong.
      Need the crowd in full voice again, and hopefully we go at Roma just like we did City. No respect.
      They look a strong bunch of lads Roma, and any side that gets to the semi has something about them.
      Hoping to finish work a little early so to get home for the kickoff.
      Have to savour these games cause they are the best matches BAR NONE to be involved in.
      CAN'T WAIT :)

Expect Salah to be man marked
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #54: Apr 24, 2018 12:47:15 am
      I didn't post in the post West Brom game thread mainly because what I wanted to say had already been said and my mind and focus was on this game as was half of our team yesterday.
      I am really looking forward to this, far more than the two City quarter final games, obviously because it's European opposition but mainly because this is where our history takes over and for some crazy mutha farkin reason we rise above the rest.
      The sheer volume at Anfield come kick off won't be something new, far from it, we've been here before loads of times,we know what's expected of us, we know it takes blood and tears to continue on with the journey and I am confident Jürgen Klopp is the man to take us in to battle and win.

As for the teams?
      Thank god for Robertson and Trent returning as full backs and Firmino and Chamberlain starting.
      We really need those lads in full on mode come kick off Tuesday.One thing which was sadly lacking at West Brom.

Ironic that how a couple of quality Man City rejects will come up against us for the tie.

Let's not forget that despite Barca's sh*t display at Roma they did put 4 past them at the Camp Nou and Lazio kept them at bay last week.

Provide the ammunition to our front three and we're in with a very good chance of making the final and Roma know that so it's down to Ox,Henderson and Milner to break through along with Robbo and Trent down the wings.

There's no reason why we can't hammer this lot and score 3 or 4, it's how we defend and try to keep a clean sheet that is the concern. Dzeko is quality so will be a worry so I just hope big Van is on his case and Lovren alongside him keeps his head focused for the full 95 minutes.

F**k the rest, this is Europe, we're we belong, and will continue to stay forever more.

Heart says 3-0
      Head says 3-1
      Not looking past Roma, But as I have said in the past " the only team that can beat Barca is Barca" They either run hot (Unstoppable) or Cold has plenty of the ball but fail to do anything with it...

We just have to be on song and it's 3 or more One each across the line, and maybe one from VVD for good measure
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #55: Apr 24, 2018 12:50:06 am
      I will be onsite again all day Tuesday so have to decide whether to sneak looks at the score real-time or try and not see the score and watch the recording later on. Can’t we schedule these games for the weekend ;D
      Good news... The finals are on a Saturday  ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #56: Apr 24, 2018 07:40:40 am
      A little over 12 hours to go.

How good is it to be back?
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #57: Apr 24, 2018 07:48:24 am
      I didn't post in the post West Brom game thread mainly because what I wanted to say had already been said and my mind and focus was on this game as was half of our team yesterday.
      I am really looking forward to this, far more than the two City quarter final games, obviously because it's European opposition but mainly because this is where our history takes over and for some crazy mutha farkin reason we rise above the rest.
      The sheer volume at Anfield come kick off won't be something new, far from it, we've been here before loads of times,we know what's expected of us, we know it takes blood and tears to continue on with the journey and I am confident Jürgen Klopp is the man to take us in to battle and win.

As for the teams?
      Thank god for Robertson and Trent returning as full backs and Firmino and Chamberlain starting.
      We really need those lads in full on mode come kick off Tuesday.One thing which was sadly lacking at West Brom.

Ironic that how a couple of quality Man City rejects will come up against us for the tie.

Let's not forget that despite Barca's sh*t display at Roma they did put 4 past them at the Camp Nou and Lazio kept them at bay last week.

Provide the ammunition to our front three and we're in with a very good chance of making the final and Roma know that so it's down to Ox,Henderson and Milner to break through along with Robbo and Trent down the wings.

There's no reason why we can't hammer this lot and score 3 or 4, it's how we defend and try to keep a clean sheet that is the concern. Dzeko is quality so will be a worry so I just hope big Van is on his case and Lovren alongside him keeps his head focused for the full 95 minutes.

F**k the rest, this is Europe, we're we belong, and will continue to stay forever more.

Heart says 3-0
      Head says 3-1

Dear friend,

it´ll be two great games and great nights for you and all the Reds fans.

Pretty sure the fab three will produce enough goals also in the away game in the Stadio Olimpico to go through to the finals.

Respect to the Roma squad to eliminate Barca but next wednesday will definitely be their final stop.

So lean back and enjoy the games! :-)
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #58: Apr 24, 2018 08:31:14 am
      Was nervous for the quarters ,I'll be in bits for this semi & I dread to think what I'll be like when we get to the final.
      Mind you I managed to get through the events of 2005 without any medical assistance so it's all good.
      If the reception & support in an around anfield is anything like the city game( it certainly will be)  This will give the lads a huge boost,would love a couple of goals and that all important clean sheet,can't wait for kick off & will be thinking  of nothing else but the match today.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #59: Apr 24, 2018 09:01:59 am
      Been in work since 8 and I am sitting at my computer just waiting for 5! It is going to be a long, unproductive day waiting for this game.

Very nervous but excited. Back where we belong!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Apr 24, 2018 09:06:35 am
      Absolutely no way we can gamble on Gini playing. Definitely the English trio to start this one.

F**k Roma. Let’s stuff em back to Italy.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #61: Apr 24, 2018 09:07:41 am
      If we can play with our trademark intensity then we can unsettle anyone, and we are a different team to most that Roma will have faced this season.  Hoping to take a healthy lead from the first leg, but will be happy with a clean sheet - it can make all the difference, and we know that we can score away from home.  Very lucky to have a public holiday tomorrow (game here in the am) and so no work.

Not looking past Roma, But as I have said in the past " the only team that can beat Barca is Barca" They either run hot (Unstoppable) or Cold has plenty of the ball but fail to do anything with it...
      Agreed - against Chelsea they were very, very lucky to get a draw in the first leg and should have been 2 or 3 down.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #62: Apr 24, 2018 09:35:05 am
      I'm not nervous yet, that is not a good sign.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: Apr 24, 2018 10:04:46 am
      Gonna miss the first half :( ... gutted
      Will be pushing the old Ford Mondeo to the limit to get back before the 2nd half starts.
      F***ing work. Will make do with radio updates.
      If recent games anything to go by, I might miss a few goals. Hopefully 3 !!!!
      CMON BOYS!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #64: Apr 24, 2018 10:20:31 am
      I'm a bit concerned that everyone seems to be writing Roma off and has us in the final already!  I've  got Utd mates telling me it's nailed on!!  These clattered Barca 3-0 so can obviously play and will be very tough.  They know Salah so will presumably have a plan for him.  All things being equal, we should have enough.  The old European adage applies, don't concede at home whilst hopefully getting a couple of goals.  C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #65: Apr 24, 2018 10:21:32 am
      The results in the last round mean that even if we win 3-0/lose 3-0 I won't think we're through/out.

Feeling excited about tonight - long time since a Champions League semi final has been played at Anfield.  I reckon the big time nerves are going to be next Wednesday.

Not watched a lot of Roma but they scored 4 past Barca, scoring both home and away.  The fact they know how important that away goal was to them 'should' go on to make it a more exciting game.  Dzeko seems exactly the kind of player to get joy from any of our defensive lapses and maybe he has a point to prove to the English league.  And then you've got Salah up against his old teammates - he may be motivated by this or they may know of his weaknesses.  Bring it all on!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #66: Apr 24, 2018 10:32:14 am

Hope so, that should leave plenty of room for Mane, Bobby and the Ox to exploit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Apr 24, 2018 10:35:25 am
      I'm a bit concerned that everyone seems to be writing Roma off and has us in the final already!  I've  got Utd mates telling me it's nailed on!!  These clattered Barca 3-0 so can obviously play and will be very tough.  They know Salah so will presumably have a plan for him.  All things being equal, we should have enough.  The old European adage applies, don't concede at home whilst hopefully getting a couple of goals.  C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

They also lost 4-1 at the Nou Camp, lets not forget that. In fact they've lost most of their away matches in CL I think, with the opposition scoring quite a few goals in the process.

I'm not taking them for granted, but if we play as well as we did against Porto (first leg) and Citeh then we should make the final.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Apr 24, 2018 10:36:36 am
      The results in the last round mean that even if we win 3-0/lose 3-0 I won't think we're through/out.

Feeling excited about tonight - long time since a Champions League semi final has been played at Anfield.  I reckon the big time nerves are going to be next Wednesday.

Not watched a lot of Roma but they scored 4 past Barca, scoring both home and away.  The fact they know how important that away goal was to them 'should' go on to make it a more exciting game.  Dzeko seems exactly the kind of player to get joy from any of our defensive lapses and maybe he has a point to prove to the English league.  And then you've got Salah up against his old teammates - he may be motivated by this or they may know of his weaknesses.  Bring it all on!

Nonsense Mo has no weaknesses, except perhaps Kryptonite!

Quick Reply