Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roma fans attack Liverpool supporters at Anfield

Read 23538 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Roma fans attack Liverpool supporters
      Reply #115: Apr 29, 2018 12:27:06 pm
      Change what?

This is part of football culture in Italy. It's not a small minority, it's a significant number that are only interested in violent confrontation. That's their idea to "humiliate" opponents. Everything has been tried to deal with it, even at domestic level. Fines, bans, closed doors, postponed games, nothing works. This has been going on for decades, those involved in it are not interested in change. So the best that can be done is contain it as much as possible.

English rugby fans can happily go to Rome every two years, and come home without a scratch. Football fans unfortunately, are seen as fair targets for the significant number of those, who have little interest in the good of their club and zero interest in the good of football.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #116: Apr 29, 2018 03:07:08 pm
      Collective effort in Rome for a dirty tricks campaign... Just hammer them & come home safely..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #117: Apr 29, 2018 03:16:53 pm
      I would ask the police in rome where were you when all these other fans were attacked and when feyenoord fans trashed the famous spanish steps
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #118: Apr 29, 2018 08:59:30 pm
      I'd take Klopps advice and stay away. Especially if you have kids yourself. It just isn't worth it. And thats coming from someone who was set upon many times in the 70's by visiting fans. Thankfully was able to hold my own, and never got injured. Out there its a different ball game, when they go prepared with knives and hammers, and steel balls in belts. You won't have a chance. You won't get any protection from the police. They'll herd you along, hurry you up, and when you start to bunch and stumble, they'll call that trouble and start swinging batons. Then you'll all be depicted as trouble makers and the start of the clashes.
      Its a tactic by them cowardly bas**rds. Make you late for the game by holding you up, then attack when you get impatient. All been going on far too long. Authorities doing nothing about it ? NO, because they are the authorities !
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #119: Apr 30, 2018 11:31:14 am
       As I understand it they will try to bring Sean out of his induced coma today. Thoughts and prayers today, are with Sean and his family, hoping and praying it’s good news.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #120: Apr 30, 2018 11:45:45 am
      As I understand it they will try to bring Sean out of his induced coma today. Thoughts and prayers today, are with Sean and his family, hoping and praying it’s good news.
      Come on Sean. Ynwa.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #121: Apr 30, 2018 11:46:21 am

Amen to that, and hopefully a speedy recovery. Poor chap probably doesn't even know we won 5-2. Let's hope the arseholes who done it get some time in prison.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Roma fans attack Liverpool supporters at Anfield
      Reply #122: May 01, 2018 06:12:12 pm
      Do we have any further news on Sean? I was hoping that we’d have a more positive update to give us all a lift before the match. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers Reds fans, and let’s pray we hear some better news soon. YNWA.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #123: May 01, 2018 06:17:35 pm

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #124: May 01, 2018 06:59:34 pm
      Everybody just come home safe if your out there.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #125: May 01, 2018 07:25:42 pm
      Prayers still with Sean and his family.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #126: May 02, 2018 10:11:34 am
      Come on Sean, let's do this all together!
      Laziofan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #127: May 02, 2018 10:55:33 pm

This is what as roma fans are:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #128: May 02, 2018 11:29:32 pm
      Yep...but those were Roma players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #129: May 03, 2018 12:55:21 pm
      The club hierarchy gets a bit of a slagging off but full credit to their service and information to supporters this past week. Without their intervention and arranging a meeting with Roma and UEFA I doubt things would have passed off as comfortably. Something other English clubs can learn from when they face Roma in future.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/992004607143489537
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #130: May 03, 2018 01:06:57 pm

Laziofan, we all know your club's fans are no better than Roma's. You've got one of the biggest contingent of fascist hooligans in Europe.
      So stop trying to cash in on this.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #131: May 03, 2018 01:29:22 pm

You're speaking to set of supporters who know too well what it's like to be tarred with the same brush as a handful of n*b heads.

Leg it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #132: May 03, 2018 03:49:28 pm
      Hoping for some good news about Sean.

Just had a thought.

What if we schedule a friendly for the Friday night the 18th or Saturday the 19th,  between our matches with Brighton and the final?

I know the FA Cup final is that weekend but you can stagger the times. Some rest before the final is good,  but not too much rest. Make it with liberal substitution rules so you can totally manage the minutes each player plays or doesn't. It could keep some of our starting XI sharp, but also get some needed match time for some players who have been out for a while like Lallana, Can (if he's back), Clyne, Moreno, Klavan, Woodburn, etc. Handpick the opponent who understands what the word "friendly" means.

And the reason I'm mentioning it here: Have the tickets listed at a greatly-reduced rate, ask for stewards and other stadium staff to donate their time and send all match proceeds to Sean Cox's medical fund?

I know it would be take some real urgency to get it done, but I think it's doable and genuinely worthwhile.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #133: May 03, 2018 03:57:57 pm

Just had a thought.

What if we schedule a friendly for the Friday night the 18th or Saturday the 19th,  between our matches with Brighton and the final?

I know the FA Cup final is that weekend but you can stagger the times. Some rest before the final is good,  but not too much rest. Make it with liberal substitution rules so you can totally manage the minutes each player plays or doesn't. It could keep some of our starting XI sharp, but also get some needed match time for some players who have been out for a while like Lallana, Can (if he's back), Clyne, Moreno, Klavan, Woodburn, etc. Handpick the opponent who understands what the word "friendly" means.

And the reason I'm mentioning it here: Have the tickets listed at a greatly-reduced rate, ask for stewards and other stadium staff to donate their time and send all match proceeds to Sean Cox's medical fund?

I know it would be take some real urgency to get it done, but I think it's doable and genuinely worthwhile.

Medical Fund? Even though he's from Ireland, the NHS will sort this out first. No cost to the Cox's.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #134: May 03, 2018 04:03:53 pm
      Medical Fund? Even though he's from Ireland, the NHS will sort this out first. No cost to the Cox's.

So is this bogus? https://www.gofundme.com/sean-cox-medical-fund

Thought I saw it mentioned on a banner the players were posing behind as well. Perhaps sit is for related expenses to the family?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #135: May 03, 2018 04:05:52 pm
      So is this bogus? https://www.gofundme.com/sean-cox-medical-fund

Thought I saw it mentioned on a banner the players were posing behind as well. Perhaps sit is for related expenses to the family?

No not Bogus, probably for after care, home improvements, loss of earnings, peace of mind for him and the family.

We have excellent emergency care here, but the long term care can be hit and miss, unsure of how things are in Ireland.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #136: May 03, 2018 04:17:49 pm
      No not Bogus, probably for after care, home improvements, loss of earnings, peace of mind for him and the family.

We have excellent emergency care here, but the long term care can be hit and miss, unsure of how things are in Ireland.

Right. So, whatever the family's needs are. I think it would be a great way to allow others to support the family, and bring a positive out of such a bad situation. The only thing I a unsure about is an update to his condition.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: May 03, 2018 04:24:11 pm

Just had a thought.

I think that's a really good idea and would be a fantastic gesture. I'm sure there will be some kind of match organised to keep the players fit and sharp but the main thing for them all is plenty of rest, recharge the batteries.

Quick Reply