Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Buvac stepping down?

Read 30564 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Re: Buvac stepping down
      Reply #115: May 01, 2018 03:42:51 pm
      My feeling is that if it is something personal/family related it must be pretty serious as if it was a slow building thing you would think he'd hang on until the last few games have been played given where we are this season.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #116: May 01, 2018 03:50:08 pm
      Sad that it is if Buvacs dad is very ill, but I’d rsther that be the reason for his departure, so hope you’re right FL.
      Wondering how strange it may be in the dressing room without him for the lads ?
      Hope it only has a positive impact !
      Like we’re gonna do this for you  and your Dad Zelijko !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #117: May 01, 2018 04:39:05 pm
      Agree with JD that the club would say "personal health matter or personal family matter" and people would be satisfied. Even if the Gunners thing is true (which I doubt), there would be no reason for him to step away just before such a big match. I don't think Klopp would begrudge him leaving for a manager's job. Even with Gerrard he said he was free to pursue such opportunities unless the other club involved was ........................ ........................ ........................ ......

OH HELL!!!!

Zeljko is taking over for Big Sam at Everton!!! Turns out Sam only got a 9 percent approval rating in the fan poll. I heard this while on the toilet this morning and just remembered it now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #118: May 01, 2018 05:21:07 pm
      Yesterday I said he probably has a terminally ill relative. Sadly it looks like I got it right. Duncan Castles was an opportunist and tried to use a Bovacs father illness as a way to smear Klopp and Buvacs relationship to make it look like Buvac quit, did it just before our biggest game to cause anger to distract the team from Roma. He's been Jose's mouthpiece a long team, but this is the lowest I've ever seen a Journo go. It's not even strictly legal.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #119: May 01, 2018 05:23:39 pm
      Yesterday I said he probably has a terminally ill relative. Sadly it looks like I got it right. Duncan Castles was an opportunist and tried to use a Bovacs father illness as a way to smear Klopp and Bovacs relationship to make it look like Bovac quit, did it just before our biggest game to cause anger to distract the team from Roma. He's been Jose's mouthpiece a long team, but this is the lowest I've ever seen a Journo go. It's not even strictly legal.

Where did you read his father is ill?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #120: May 01, 2018 07:22:49 pm
      In relation to the topic and not the comment above -

Official news from the President is that this is..................

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #121: May 01, 2018 07:24:01 pm
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #122: May 01, 2018 09:50:20 pm
      Only heard this a while ago, when someone said he was going to Arsenal!?!
      Even if - and don't know if its the case - the relationship with Klopp had broken down, surely after so many years with Jürgen, and such a good run with us in the CL, that he'd hold off until the end of the season.
      The timing isn't great, made me think must be something personal, but who knows.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #123: May 01, 2018 10:12:31 pm
      Maybe he's been offered the gooners job cos it'll be the closest that shower of north london sh*t gets to Jürgen, seriously tho,
      I think they've had a wee lovers tiff and all will be back to normal come August, nobody knows for sure but it maybe it is a personal issue like what sly reports,

He does come across as a real private person tho does Buvac, can't remember him saying too much since he arrived tbf.
      YNWA

Actually, *never* heard him utter a word so far.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #124: May 02, 2018 12:29:22 am
      Hard to imagine a football man stepping down at a time like this. Champions league semi final an all. Feel for Buvac if it's a family related thing. If it's down to a falling out with Klopp then I very much doubt it will be patched up.

How can Buvac sit and watch it at home after the effort he has put in. Probably works harder than anyone and now has to detach himself from the fray.

Must be devastating for him either way. Wish him well whatever he decides to do.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #125: May 02, 2018 07:19:59 am
      If Moore wanted him out though, that would seem to make it not a Jürgen thing which would seemingly pit Jürgen against Moore. That wouldn't be good. If Buvac was wanted out by anyone, I can only hope that it was Jürgen as strange as that may be.

Think it was more of a "Moore wanted him gone for a, while anyway" comment
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #126: May 02, 2018 09:09:24 am
      Only two things stick out for me(apart from a dogs bawbag) is either there has been a major falling out with Jürgen and it's the end of their alliance .....

....or indeed his ol fella is gravelly ill and families come first....

If it were for footballing reasons...going to another club say...i doubt it would happen on the cusp of a CL semi...he would see the season through to its fanale and then make the decision then ?

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #127: May 02, 2018 10:53:20 am
      If his father is dying, then football is nothing

If his relationship with Klopp is the reason, then I am shocked he's made this decision
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #128: May 02, 2018 02:38:41 pm
      If his father is dying, then football is nothing

If his relationship with Klopp is the reason, then I am shocked he's made this decision
      If it is because he is going to Arsenal, then Arsenal have been disrespectful and are clearly trying to steal our personnel because they can't get Klopp, so they try to take what has been a large attribute to his success.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #129: May 02, 2018 04:29:28 pm
      I cannot for the life of me believe that it is to do with the Arsenal job, they have been together too long to end it like this. If it is to do with the Arsenal job then he would surely wait until the end of the Season? I can't believe he wouldn't keep this private until the Seasons end.

Whatever it is, it couldn't have happened at a worse time, which leads me to believe it is personal.

Am i missing something here??

I'm not on Twatter but i just looked at his page and saw this posted on the 29th April -

Željko Buvač

@Zeljko_Buvac
      Follow Follow @Zeljko_Buvac
      More
      Good luck to Liverpool players and fans I had good times but the time has come for a new chapter

3:21 PM - 29 Apr 2018

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #130: May 02, 2018 04:31:52 pm
      I cannot for the life of me believe that it is to do with the Arsenal job, they have been together too long to end it like this. If it is to do with the Arsenal job then he would surely wait until the end of the Season? I can't believe he wouldn't keep this private until the Seasons end.

Whatever it is, it couldn't have happened at a worse time, which leads me to believe it is personal.

I'm not on Twatter but i just looked at his page and saw this posted on the 29th April -

Željko Buvač

@Zeljko_Buvac
      More
      Good luck to Liverpool players and fans I had good times but the time has come for a new chapter

I don’t know but I just seen the words “follow follow” and for a moment thought that he was joining Stevie G.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #131: May 02, 2018 05:07:22 pm

Željko Buvač

@Zeljko_Buvac
      More

I read that he is not on Twiter and that is a fake account.

I agree with you on the Arsenal thing, there is no reason for him to quit 3 weeks before our season ends if he wants to go there, he can wait until the season ends, they still have a coach so there is no rush for him to quit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #132: May 02, 2018 05:25:43 pm
      The club have not stated anything to back the panic generating fake news in the fake media outlets, all conveniently made public a few hours before our chance of qualifying for a CL final.
      How many people and we all know who they are, would be on the verge of a nervous breakdown if we won a 6th CL trophy?
      These are the F***ing woppers  making up these stories.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #133: May 02, 2018 06:49:44 pm
      So... no leaks on the Anfield Express Twitter account...

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Buvac stepping down?
      Reply #134: May 04, 2018 11:29:08 pm
      The rumour I've seen is that this all stems from a bust up he had with Jon Acterberg when he took ages to get Lallana on to the pitch against Chelsea and they ended up scoring.

This goes back to November but the story goes Buvac has found himself more and more marginalised over a period of time.

Anyone else heard that?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #135: May 05, 2018 04:29:27 am
      The rumour I've seen is that this all stems from a bust up he had with Jon Acterberg when he took ages to get Lallana on to the pitch against Chelsea and they ended up scoring.

This goes back to November but the story goes Buvac has found himself more and more marginalised over a period of time.

Anyone else heard that?

Not seen it myself but I know which one of those two I'd rather be getting rid of and it ain't Buvac.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #136: May 05, 2018 01:28:09 pm
      Didn't the club say it was for personal reasons...I can live with that hope everything is ok for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: May 05, 2018 01:35:33 pm
      Didn't the club say it was for personal reasons...I can live with that hope everything is ok for him.

I think it would be useful for the club to leak a little bit of information about this to stop all the bullshit rumours.

Quick Reply