Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35601 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: May 02, 2018 11:18:37 pm
      Quote of the night
      Itv reporter
      You got a bit lucky Djeko clean through then given offside and the TAA seemed to handle the ball and there could have been two red cards, two penalties?

VVD "who cares!!"

I F***ing love VVD!!!!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,508 posts | 1484 
      Reply #599: May 02, 2018 11:23:14 pm
      Its hard to think how much more we could love Jürgen but I want to see him in Liverpool with 1000000 people singing his name in a few weeks time we can really do this
      I thought the homecoming in 2005 was something else but I have a feeling if we get number 6 the turnout
      Will outdo it .
      DanMann

• 5,781 posts | 891 
      Reply #600: May 02, 2018 11:23:19 pm
      anyone who thinks Trent didn't have a good game need to get a grip he is just 19 and will have gained so much experience from tonight and even the pundits thought he was awesome. Lovren had a few moments but tonight we shouldn't be picking out negatives we should be enjoying the fact we are in the CL Final

His age doesn't mean he had a good game when he played badly..
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1406 
      Reply #601: May 02, 2018 11:24:55 pm
      Fantastic...in the final. wasn't easy. Roma played really well. we didn't defend that well. Karius could've given a penalty away when he brought down Dzeko, offside flag came to his rescue. But we could have had a penalty as well. The two pens they won  were a joke.

Still in the final. Couldn't be better...Real Madrid...could win 4-0 or just as easy lose 4-0...two attacking teams...what a season..
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #602: May 02, 2018 11:25:23 pm
      I was happily getting drunk at 2-2 and it annoys me quite a bit that we were so poor at keeping the ball and killing the game off. Lovren and TAA trying diagonal passes to nobody when they could just pass the ball to themselves had me on my nerves

But F**k it, who cares now. Kiev here we come. It feels quite surreal that the team I was watching every week last season, quite often struggling, is now a Champions League finalist.

F***ing brilliant.

And Roma can cry their eyes out all they like, it was never a penalty on Klavan and there was a penalty against Mane when it was still 0-0 that wasnt given. F**k them and their scumbag fascist supporters, good luck in their next European semifinal 30 years from now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #603: May 02, 2018 11:25:59 pm

No he didn’t but he has to be given credit as he has already played way more games than he should have.

I think he is running on fumes and needs resting.

Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #604: May 02, 2018 11:27:52 pm
      U are a complete tosser. Was in the Campo di Fiori tonight. Yes it was tough in the game (Trent is 19????), but we’re through. Enjoy it, Cock Face. My boy paid £500 for a ticket, how much is the Broadband connection these days? Hope he gets home ok too. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #605: May 02, 2018 11:28:00 pm
      Andy Robertson is pure class, he's my new favourite player
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #606: May 02, 2018 11:28:38 pm
      I am astonished at how many negative comments there are in here - even post-match - on a night when we've qualified for a Champions League final.

What a great occasion and we are deserving semifinal winners.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #607: May 02, 2018 11:29:10 pm
      Andy Robertson is pure class, he's my new favourite player

Him or Bobby. Adore them
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #608: May 02, 2018 11:29:14 pm
      I am astonished at how many negative comments there are in here - even post-match - on a night when we've qualified for a Champions League final.

We have a few champions league tossers on this board no doubt.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #609: May 02, 2018 11:30:50 pm
      Strange think about being a "Keyboard Warrior" is that you get a better overall view of things than someone standing on the touch line, As I have pointed out this "Defender for Attacker" has cost us  points over all the time Klopp has been here...

And if you are happy just getting to a final, then bully for you, Me, I would like to see us win things....
      And I do not profess to know everything, and never have

But here something for you, Remember that little "Keyboard Warrior" thing when you question something Klopp does...

Ah the magnanimous fan who settles for nothing less than glory speech! Brilliant. I look at his squad and think what a frickin achievement it is just to get to this final. This squad I would argue is no stronger than the side that won it in 2005 (and they shouldn't have been anywhere near the bloody thing). I have everything crossed that we can finish the job but this keyboard warrior will be keeping quiet if we don't.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #610: May 02, 2018 11:31:11 pm
      Champions League officiating 'an absolute joke' in Roma-Liverpool semifinal - James Pallotta
      Roma president James Pallotta hit out at the officiating in the second leg of their Champions League semifinal against Liverpool on Wednesday, calling it "an absolute joke" and insisting that a video assistant referee (VAR) would have helped overturn calls he perceived went in the visitors' favour.

Although Roma won 4-2, Liverpool advanced 7-6 on aggregate at the Stadio Olimpico, and Pallotta pointed to a number of decisions that went against his side and prevented them from moving on.

"It's absolutely clear that VAR is needed in the Champions League because you just can't let stuff like this go," Pallotta said. "You can all look at it yourself on the film. [Edin Dzeko] potentially in the 49th minute wasn't offside and he got taken down by the goalie.

"The 63rd minute was a handball [by Trent Alexander-Arnold] that was obvious to everybody in probably the world, expect the few people on the pitch. The 67th minute, [Patrik] Schick gets taken down in the box."

Pallotta acknowledged that refereeing can be difficult but said it's "embarrassing" to lose on aggregate the way Roma did.

"By the way, it should have been a red card, which would have been 10 men in the 63rd minute," Pallotta said, referring to Alexander-Arnold being in the area at the time of the handball.

"Again, Liverpool's a great team -- congratulations going forward -- but if we don't get VAR in the Champions League, stuff like this is an absolute joke."
      http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-champions-league/story/3481439/champions-league-officiating-an-absolute-joke-in-roma-liverpool-semifinal-james-pallotta

Funny how he talks about those two plays (and I’ve ring about that on the tv too) and conveniently forgets about the penalty on Gini, the foul on Mané by Florenzi that should have been red and the penalty they got on the first leg.

Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #611: May 02, 2018 11:32:19 pm
      We have a few  tossers on this board no doubt.

Sorted. Who cares who plays well/ bad. We feck’n WONNED.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #612: May 02, 2018 11:32:48 pm

F**k it, you are right, F**k being negative and talking about poor performances, next few days should be full of joy!! We are in the F***ing Final thanks to the players (and our management) that played today!!!!!!!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1406 
      Reply #613: May 02, 2018 11:32:55 pm

Trent didn't have his best game but he wasn't a shambles. They pressured us really well. Don't overlook how well Roma played in the second half. To be fair he doesn't get much help from Salah. Robbo gets more protection with Gini and Milner. I think it will stand TAA in good stead. You have to build up your experience of these matches before you get your head fully round it.

Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #614: May 02, 2018 11:33:43 pm
      Take all the pens we've been denied this season (bearing in mind we've only been awarded ONE) and compare them to the two that have been gifted to Roma.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #615: May 02, 2018 11:35:35 pm
      Champions League officiating 'an absolute joke' in Roma-Liverpool semifinal - James Pallotta
      Roma president James Pallotta hit out at the officiating in the second leg of their Champions League semifinal against Liverpool on Wednesday, calling it "an absolute joke" and insisting that a video assistant referee (VAR) would have helped overturn calls he perceived went in the visitors' favour.

Although Roma won 4-2, Liverpool advanced 7-6 on aggregate at the Stadio Olimpico, and Pallotta pointed to a number of decisions that went against his side and prevented them from moving on.

"It's absolutely clear that VAR is needed in the Champions League because you just can't let stuff like this go," Pallotta said. "You can all look at it yourself on the film. [Edin Dzeko] potentially in the 49th minute wasn't offside and he got taken down by the goalie.

"The 63rd minute was a handball [by Trent Alexander-Arnold] that was obvious to everybody in probably the world, expect the few people on the pitch. The 67th minute, [Patrik] Schick gets taken down in the box."

Pallotta acknowledged that refereeing can be difficult but said it's "embarrassing" to lose on aggregate the way Roma did.

"By the way, it should have been a red card, which would have been 10 men in the 63rd minute," Pallotta said, referring to Alexander-Arnold being in the area at the time of the handball.

"Again, Liverpool's a great team -- congratulations going forward -- but if we don't get VAR in the Champions League, stuff like this is an absolute joke."
      http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-champions-league/story/3481439/champions-league-officiating-an-absolute-joke-in-roma-liverpool-semifinal-james-pallotta

Funny how he talks about those two plays (and I’ve ring about that on the tv too) and conveniently forgets about the penalty on Gini, the foul on Mané by Florenzi that should have been red and the penalty they got on the first leg.

spot on leosc
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #616: May 02, 2018 11:35:54 pm
      Take all the pens we've been denied this season (bearing in mind we've only been awarded ONE) and compare them to the two that have been gifted to Roma.

Tomkins did a review on that stat and it really is scandalous.

Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #617: May 02, 2018 11:35:54 pm
      Ah the magnanimous fan who settles for nothing less than glory speech! Brilliant. I look at his squad and think what a frickin achievement it is just to get to this final. This squad I
      I would argue is no stronger than the side that won it in 2005 (and they shouldn't have been anywhere near the bloody thing). I have everything crossed that we can finish the job but this keyboard warrior will be keeping quiet if we don't.

FAN?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #618: May 02, 2018 11:36:47 pm

Don't forget the push in the back on Mane in the penalty box too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #619: May 02, 2018 11:37:48 pm

Don't forget a totally harsh penalty decision against Klavan at the end.

James Pallotta can suck it.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #620: May 02, 2018 11:38:05 pm
      That penalty at the end tonight was even worse for me. Ref caved under the atmosphere tonight and gave Roma the benefit of almost every decision.

Quick Reply