Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

40 years since Brugge final

Read 1979 times
      birgervdd
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      40 years since Brugge final
      May 04, 2018 11:29:04 am
      Hi,

My name is Birger and I'm a fan of Club Brugge.  For a new fan project (establishment of a new fanclub which will be launched on May 10th) I'm interested in video/photo content of the Liverpool - Club Brugge match of May 10th, 1978.

The intention is to share these images on our social media / website together with the launch of the new supporters' initiative on the occasion of 40 years of the Wembley final. The propagation of Club Bruges' history is one of our missions. And with the sharing of these images we want to show all our fans, but especially the young ones, the impact our Club and our supporters have (had) and how this has been achieved. The EC1 final at Wembley in 1978 is an important milestone in our history. We may have lost, but we've won so many hearts in Belgium. We do not have the intention to organize commercial activities with these images.

If you have such content, you know someone or you have an idea where they can help me, please contact me in PM or e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

And congratulations on winning a place in the Champions League Final! Good luck in Kiev!

Cheers,

Birger
      birgervdd
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Re: 40 years since Brugge final
      Reply #1: May 04, 2018 11:54:45 am
      I would like to thank mods for posting this in a new thread  :champ:

The reason why we want to ask this to LFC fans/community is a bit sad. Our Club never minded about archives, so before 2005 they don't have much content. Back in those days there was one local Belgian press photographer who followed Club Brugge, but he refuses to sell his content to fans or fanclubs. He's only interested in selling to the club and they aren't interested, 'cause of the extra work and the extra money. And fans making quality videos/photos in those days wasn't that simple 'cause of technology, unless like nowadays.

We're on the eve of a 40 year celebration of an unique achievement, 'cause we are the only Belgian club who ever played an EC1 final. And the only content we can use is a handful of photos, wich have been used by everyone in Belgium so many times through the years.

So our hope lies in the hands of the LFC fans / community.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: May 04, 2018 12:31:41 pm
      Feeling old, one of the first games i remember watching, that pass by souness and that finish from the king
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2018 01:12:36 pm
      Truly admire your effort and in 1978 i was a very young kid and internet was unheard of and  if I do get hold of something useful I will certainly contribute to your project.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4: May 04, 2018 03:54:53 pm
      We were in the what passed for the relatively posh seats,think 10 quid a ticket!Opposite side to the royal box. But yeah kodak instamatic stayed home,never thought about taking photos as a kid,gotta programme and one of them rosettes..maybe,oh yeah Liverpool won! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: May 11, 2018 08:16:55 am
      Hi,

My name is Birger and I'm a fan of Club Brugge.  For a new fan project (establishment of a new fanclub which will be launched on May 10th) I'm interested in video/photo content of the Liverpool - Club Brugge match of May 10th, 1978.

The intention is to share these images on our social media / website together with the launch of the new supporters' initiative on the occasion of 40 years of the Wembley final. The propagation of Club Bruges' history is one of our missions. And with the sharing of these images we want to show all our fans, but especially the young ones, the impact our Club and our supporters have (had) and how this has been achieved. The EC1 final at Wembley in 1978 is an important milestone in our history. We may have lost, but we've won so many hearts in Belgium. We do not have the intention to organize commercial activities with these images.

If you have such content, you know someone or you have an idea where they can help me, please contact me in PM or e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

And congratulations on winning a place in the Champions League Final! Good luck in Kiev!

Cheers,

Birger

https://twitter.com/clubbrugge/status/994457255125762048?s=21
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #6: May 11, 2018 09:24:52 am
      Feeling old, one of the first games i remember watching, that pass by souness and that finish from the king

Same mate.

First clear fitba memory - Kenny’s header at Anny Road end for Scotland vs Wales 1977

Second......Brugge

I honest to god thought there was nothing this guy couldn’t do.........👑
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: May 11, 2018 02:52:01 pm

Nar, I feel privileged.

Quick Reply