Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 59000 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #460: May 26, 2018 12:00:06 am
      I'm going all media blackout for tomorrow (my nerves!) so I will say this in case I don't post just before kick off - good luck to the Reds, we're all behind you. And each and everyone of you on here and elsewhere - please have fun and enjoy yourself! Night night!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #461: May 26, 2018 12:00:36 am
      Watched highlights of how spurs and Juve done them.

My God they give some space at the back ee can hurt them there out wide especially. As I watched I thought f**k with them put Mane Rightand Mo left. Hed destroy carvahal while sadio would probably track back better while still utilising space left by Marcelo.

Agreed. Marcelo goes too far up the pitch to feed the ball to Ronaldo and we need fully capitalise those space. Will RM starts off with a blistering pace or that they will sit back and wait and see?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #462: May 26, 2018 12:00:53 am
      Too nervous/excited to sleep here.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #463: May 26, 2018 12:06:00 am
      I've had my 84 year old Mum in hospital fighting for her life since Monday, Docs told us to say our good byes and that she would most likely pass away during the next few hours. Well it's 3 days later and my Mum is alive, well, but a bit confused and very sore and sorry for all the medication she has taken.

It's been a miracle to be honest, haven't had much time to get excited about the Match but with Mum on the up turn, I'm looking for another miracle in Kyiv. Come on Boys, let's do these rich Cu*ts!! Bring home Number 6. Let's hope we don't need the miracle and we just batter them from the off!!!

All the best to your mum, praying that she recovers soon. Miracles do happen as in 2005.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #464: May 26, 2018 12:16:48 am
      just seen Alan Kennedy's goal and I just have this feeling Andy Robbo could do the same tomorrow.

1977 Tommy Smith's Goal vs Moenchengladbach. Hopefully someone steps up and to the same.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #465: May 26, 2018 12:19:12 am
      Part of me doesn’t want the game to be tomorrow just in case we lose :laugh:

But, we’ve faced much tougher opposition than Madrid will be facing us with, City are miles ahead of Madrid IMO and we done them twice in Europe this season. Go at Madrid with the same intensity, determination and get a goal blitz of 2/3 in a short space of time, make it comfortable and get them running, their legs will go before ours. Use the pace of Mane and Salah to expose the lack of tracking back by Ronaldo on one side and the defensive complacency by Marcelo on the other.

Kroos and Modric are well ahead of our midfield in terms of technical ability on the ball, there is no question about it, but, they don’t have the physical attributes of our midfield; they don’t have any pace at all and they aren’t remotely strong physically, we need to press them straight away and take advantage of this.

They are going to dive, complain and try and cheat their way to victory if we take the lead, vital we don’t get sucked into this and keep our heads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #466: May 26, 2018 12:19:33 am
      Said a couple of hours ago I wasn't nervous.

Shitting bricks now.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #467: May 26, 2018 12:28:36 am

Shitting bricks now.

Join the club! I was nervous anyway and feel even worse now and think some Imodium is needed thinking about it!  :-\
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #468: May 26, 2018 12:32:25 am
      Part of me doesn’t want the game to be tomorrow just in case we lose :laugh:

But, we’ve faced much tougher opposition than Madrid will be facing us with, City are miles ahead of Madrid IMO and we done them twice in Europe this season. Go at Madrid with the same intensity, determination and get a goal blitz of 2/3 in a short space of time, make it comfortable and get them running, their legs will go before ours. Use the pace of Mane and Salah to expose the lack of tracking back by Ronaldo on one side and the defensive complacency by Marcelo on the other.

Kroos and Modric are well ahead of our midfield in terms of technical ability on the ball, there is no question about it, but, they don’t have the physical attributes of our midfield; they don’t have any pace at all and they aren’t remotely strong physically, we need to press them straight away and take advantage of this.

They are going to dive, complain and try and cheat their way to victory if we take the lead, vital we don’t get sucked into this and keep our heads.

Well said. My greatest fear is the ref. Last minute penalty, last minute free kicks at dangerous positions outside our box, offside goals, extremely long extra time.These are  some of the dodgy decisions that the ref is more than capable of giving in favor of  them.

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #469: May 26, 2018 12:40:48 am
      Got home a couple of hours ago, ESPN is having full coverage from Kiev. I managed to stay relatively calm for the last few days but now, with 19 hours to go I’m a nervous wreck.

Scarf, flag and jersey ready.

Come on Liverpool!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #470: May 26, 2018 12:43:48 am

Shitting bricks now.

Getting a slight tightening in my stomach but still managing to hold it together.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #471: May 26, 2018 12:50:31 am
      Ok maybe I have had a couple of drinks but for all those bricking it there is only two types of teams we have struggled against

The Bus Parkers - RM won't be doing that , don't think they would know how.
      High pressing teams like Sevilla and Spurs - RM with their midfield can't play that way.

Relax boys Jürgen has this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #472: May 26, 2018 12:58:37 am
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #473: May 26, 2018 01:04:46 am
      Kiev insane !!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #474: May 26, 2018 01:07:47 am

You lucky b***ard!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #475: May 26, 2018 01:20:53 am
      You guys are F***ing unbelievable....thank you so much for all your well wishes for my Mum, hopefully she keeps improving.

You guys and girls really are my extended family. The wishes, prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated.

Now come on you lads tonight, let's make this a night to remember forever, for all the right reasons and bring home Number 6.

Love you guys, we're all in this together!!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #476: May 26, 2018 01:34:45 am
      You guys are f**king unbelievable....thank you so much for all your well wishes for my Mum, hopefully she keeps improving.

You guys and girls really are my extended family. The wishes, prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated.

Now come on you lads tonight, let's make this a night to remember forever, for all the right reasons and bring home Number 6.

Love you guys, we're all in this together!!!!

Sorry missed your post earlier Aussie awful news about your mum, she will fight her way through this.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: May 26, 2018 01:37:31 am
      Sorry missed your post earlier Aussie awful news about your mum, she will fight her way through this.

Thanks bud, fingers and everything else crossed, just like for tonight...commeooonnnnn!!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #478: May 26, 2018 02:19:26 am
      Can’t sleep
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #479: May 26, 2018 03:37:31 am
      I'm starting to feel really stressed for this game. I think my heart rate has been irregular since yesterday haha.

I really think our biggest loss this season is OX. It would've given me a great deal of confidence going into this game knowing he is playing instead of Gini. The lad's ability to make these blistering runs from the middle straight into the opposition's box is something a lot of people undervalued all season long. Its something to tightly mark Salah, but its whole other task to do it when you know you just freed up space for pacy and clever Ox to run behind the defense.

I'm hoping Gini and Milner can produce a very good performance tomorrow. Both guys need to be top notch offensively and defensively especially when it will come to support TAA in front of the monstrous Marcelo, Isco and Benzema who will without a doubt gang up on him. 

I'll sleep with my fingers crossed and as usual YNWA!!!

Edit: If I actually manage to fall asleep
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #480: May 26, 2018 04:59:40 am
      The last time we played for a trophy on May 26, we played Arsenal at home.

The winner of Old Big Ears, gets to play Atletico Madrid in August for the Super Cup, takes No. 1 seed in the next European Cup draw, and goes forward to the World Club Cup in December. So if it's us, that's the first postponement of games next season, and the 5th competition we'll be in. Whoever doesn't win will be second seeds at the European Cup draw.

Real have the medals from recent years, but were won against very different opponents who were happy to park the bus, kick and hack their way out of trouble at every opportunity, and who did. We don't park so much as a bicycle, so we present a radically different challenge to Real tonight, and let's see if our way of football works or not. And if it works, we will have a lot more to take home from Kiev than just the Golden Glove.

The sun has risen over Kiev on a warm, sunny Saturday morning, and this is our first European game to be played on a weekend. But this is the 22nd, and thankfully last, final to ko at 18:45 GMT. We'll have to wait until the sun has set again over Kiev, to complete the task that started back in mid-August. But our way of football can shine a light on the positive side of the game, how it should be played. Our fans are ready, our players are ready, and the stage is set, now it's time to make May 26, a day to remember for the right reasons.
      « Last Edit: May 26, 2018 05:15:40 am by lfc across the water »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #481: May 26, 2018 05:46:12 am
      Lying in bed at almost 6 in the morning and there is no way I will be able to fall back to sleep. Today is the biggest game of everyone of our players lives and I just hope they grab the occasion by the balls.

I have supported Liverpool since I was about 7 in 1998 and I have known some good times but mostly bad times.

Most recently we have lost two cup finals under Jürgen, fallen at the final few hurdles in 13/14 and lost our last European Cup final in 2007.

It is time for this club to right those wrongs. Give it F***ing everything lads and I know you have what it takes!!
      ruthcity
      • Started Topic

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #482: May 26, 2018 06:42:13 am
      They believe they've won it before the ball is kicked. Fantastic. Take us extremely lightly. Suits me fine.

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/999987674151698432

Quick Reply