Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Brighton (13/05/18 - 3pm)

Read 16814 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Brighton (13/05/18 - 3pm)
      Reply #115: May 10, 2018 07:52:01 pm
      Now why'd you have to go and say that?

;D
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #116: May 10, 2018 07:53:03 pm
      Bloody hell keith, what have you done ? Even the likes of rib and heimdall are being positive now, ever tried turning water into wine ?
      I'll have a half  ;D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #117: May 10, 2018 09:05:52 pm
      Considering we only need one point from this game (not diminishing the importance of the game though) I would like to see Klopp try and change a couple of things in this game in preparation for the final.

The major problem we ran into the last couple of games is IMHO the fact that our midfield can't support the front three at all. This made Mane, Salah and Firminho, much easier to overcrowd with 2 or 3 players every time one of them got near the ball. Ox and Can had the ability to make runs into the defense and be creative at the same time, freeing up space for the forwards and handing a much more difficult task to the opposing team in terms of marking.

With that said, we simply have nobody that can replace these two lads. That's why I think it would be worth it to pull Firmino back a couple of yards into an honest AM role and give the two other mids defensive roles. We would rely on the full-backs flying high up the wing to create the numerical advantages up the field and the two DMs would have for job to cover the spaces these guys leave open behind them.

Firmino would still be dropping back to defend and given the usual freedom he is given in attack but he would play a more creative role mimicking what Ox or Can used to bring in that mid-three.

Starting XI:                    Mane  - Ings - Salah

Firmino

Milner- Henderson

Robertson - VVD - Lovren - TAA

Karius

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #118: May 10, 2018 10:19:47 pm
      Considering we only need one point from this game (not diminishing the importance of the game though) I would like to see Klopp try and change a couple of things in this game in preparation for the final.

The major problem we ran into the last couple of games is IMHO the fact that our midfield can't support the front three at all. This made Mane, Salah and Firminho, much easier to overcrowd with 2 or 3 players every time one of them got near the ball. Ox and Can had the ability to make runs into the defense and be creative at the same time, freeing up space for the forwards and handing a much more difficult task to the opposing team in terms of marking.

With that said, we simply have nobody that can replace these two lads. That's why I think it would be worth it to pull Firmino back a couple of yards into an honest AM role and give the two other mids defensive roles. We would rely on the full-backs flying high up the wing to create the numerical advantages up the field and the two DMs would have for job to cover the spaces these guys leave open behind them.

Firmino would still be dropping back to defend and given the usual freedom he is given in attack but he would play a more creative role mimicking what Ox or Can used to bring in that mid-three.

Starting XI:                    Mane  - Ings - Salah

Firmino

Milner- Henderson

Robertson - VVD - Lovren - TAA

Karius

Nothing wrong with that formation and the starting 11 you have chosen... I have always felt that Firmino could forefill that role, and Ings did not look that bad when he was playing in that position a couple of game back, albeit a bit rusty
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #119: May 10, 2018 10:43:53 pm
      Brighton obviously have nothing to lose so they will have a go. A team that plays without fear can be dangerous. Don't think this is the game for Klopp to mess with the line up. Play Hendo and TAA in their normal position.

Think we'll win but nothing is guaranteed.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #120: May 11, 2018 08:02:36 am
      We will win.
      With the odds in our favour, unbeaten at home and surely an eager Salah to confirm his golden boot...i dont see anything other than a win.

I mean if there are doubts about at least securing a home draw against Brighton, then heaven forbid the fear some on here has for the UCL final.

Im confident that this Liverpool team have the mental strength to overcome this little blip in form. LFC 4-0 Brighton (Salah x2 Mane and Milner).
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #121: May 11, 2018 08:09:18 am
      Brighton obviously have nothing to lose so they will have a go. A team that plays without fear can be dangerous. Don't think this is the game for Klopp to mess with the line up. Play Hendo and TAA in their normal position.

Think we'll win but nothing is guaranteed.
      On any other day I would agree, but this is the last game before probably the toughest match of the whole year and we have a problem in midfield that is completely paralyzing our attack. We only need one point from this match. These modifications would not jeopardize the defensive part of our game. Hendo is still playing the same position, but with defensive instructions. TAA is also still playing RB, but we'd be counting on him to make a little more attacking runs with Hendo or Milner covering for him. Same for Robbo.

Nothing wrong with that formation and the starting 11 you have chosen... I have always felt that Firmino could forefill that role, and Ings did not look that bad when he was playing in that position a couple of game back, albeit a bit rusty

Exactly, Ings looked good except for his finishing touch, but this is the least of my concerns if we can let our attack breath with Mane, Salah and Firmino on the pitch.

If this works I also like the fact that Milner and Hendo will have much clearer defensive roles to strengthen our weakness (defense) in front of an incredibly good offensive team. Of course, Milner is the top assist-man of the competition, but nothing stops him from supporting attack when he needs to.

Madrid are really good at playing the same game we play on the counters. If we get caught trying too hard up front with Milner, Salah, Bobby, Mane and one of the fullbacks, we'll concede one after the other.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #122: May 11, 2018 09:06:36 am
      Yeah we've appeared to pick up the trate you had against the lower teams and now beating all the top teams in the last few months. Remarkable coincidence don't you think.  :D

I too agree, think you will batter them but still squeaky time till that first goal goes in. United do seem to struggle scoring goals against Brighton. Lets hope you lads have the same problem.  ;D

Genuine question what is the feeling amongst United fans towards Chelsea, obviously you hate us and especially Citeh more but how about Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #123: May 11, 2018 09:15:49 am
      On any other day I would agree, but this is the last game before probably the toughest match of the whole year and we have a problem in midfield that is completely paralyzing our attack. We only need one point from this match. These modifications would not jeopardize the defensive part of our game. Hendo is still playing the same position, but with defensive instructions. TAA is also still playing RB, but we'd be counting on him to make a little more attacking runs with Hendo or Milner covering for him. Same for Robbo.

Exactly, Ings looked good except for his finishing touch, but this is the least of my concerns if we can let our attack breath with Mane, Salah and Firmino on the pitch.

If this works I also like the fact that Milner and Hendo will have much clearer defensive roles to strengthen our weakness (defense) in front of an incredibly good offensive team. Of course, Milner is the top assist-man of the competition, but nothing stops him from supporting attack when he needs to.

Madrid are really good at playing the same game we play on the counters. If we get caught trying too hard up front with Milner, Salah, Bobby, Mane and one of the fullbacks, we'll concede one after the other.

I wouldn't have a problem with this, in fact its a god idea. We need some more attacking intent in midfield and this wouldn't compromise the defence, in fact it would probably strengthen it. The remit for Ings would have to be more on harrying the opposition defence and winning the ball back than scoring.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #124: May 11, 2018 10:50:15 am
      Regardless of only needing to draw, the game. Go out and win the game, secure CL spot for the club, giving the fans something to start their celebrations early.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #125: May 11, 2018 11:39:36 am
      get the point/points in the bag, we can all relax for a couple of weeks before the mayhem starts  .. :couch:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #126: May 11, 2018 03:52:25 pm
      I'd put the best possible team on the field and let them go at it gunning for the win, then use the subs in the last 10-15 minutes of the game.

If we go with a softer lineup, those starters who would not play would go 3 weeks without a game going into the CL final and to me that is too long and not beneficial. Don't want to show up to the biggest game of the year full of rust.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #127: May 11, 2018 05:45:46 pm
      3-0.

( Maybe I'll get my 7 in the PL ... all too late though it looks. JD bumped me down a place to 4th.)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #128: May 11, 2018 07:38:10 pm
      Genuine question what is the feeling amongst United fans towards Chelsea, obviously you hate us and especially Citeh more but how about Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea?

I don't like to use the term hate. Liverpool are and in my opinion will always be our biggest rivals and like Liverpool fans like to see each other get beaten. Granted plenty of fans from both sides hate each other with a passion. I don't see it the same way. If I did I certainly wouldn't post on a Liverpool forum.

I'm genuinely here for the banter/craic and enjoy talking football with the members that I know talk to me with the same respect I give them. Since I've recently found the ignore button I can now put the genuine bad boys in there.  ;D There very easy to spot but not going into that.

Majority of United fans  ( in order ) dislikes/hates or whatever you choose to call them are as follows. Liverpool
      City
      Arsenal
      Chelsea

Obviously I like to see all the above teams get beat as chances are there will be one of those teams fighting for the Premier League along with ourselves. I don't have any particular issues with Chelsea but did enjoy them getting beat more when John Terry was playing for them.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #130: May 11, 2018 11:03:20 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #131: May 11, 2018 11:10:02 pm
      Mane out Lallana in then in all probability.

If Lallana carries on his form this season then that will be a disaster.

Hopefully we get away with it on Sunday but F**k me we need Sadio back for Madrid
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #132: May 11, 2018 11:25:34 pm
      Mane out Lallana in then in all probability.

If Lallana carries on his form this season then that will be a disaster.

Hopefully we get away with it on Sunday but f**k me we need Sadio back for Madrid

Don't think lallana is anywhere near ready to start, ings for me
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #133: May 11, 2018 11:45:48 pm

As long as he's fit for the CL final.
      Will be a loss, the front 3 haven't had much joy in recent PL matches, and Mane's form might be the best of the 3 [recently]
      Please not Solanke to come in,  would probably give Danny a go.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #134: May 12, 2018 12:47:59 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #135: May 12, 2018 01:11:01 am
      Super excited for Huddersfield, not just because of Wagner but because it's a small town team and it's good to see them stay in the Premiership.

Wonder if Wagner will leave for a bigger job.

Assistant Manager Liverpool Football Club.

;D
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #136: May 12, 2018 02:37:48 am
      Another game I’ll miss for travel, there is still a chance of watching part of the second half.

Luckily Mané’s injury is not serious (fingers crossed) and he’ll be fit for the CL final and we should be able to win even without him. 2-0 for the Redmen.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #137: May 12, 2018 07:56:48 am
      Don't think lallana is anywhere near ready to start, ings for me

Yeah only reason i say Lallana is that Klopp mentioned he would feature tomorrow. He probably wants to get minutes into him so he is a realistic back up option for the final.

Could be the Kewell of 05

Quick Reply