Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166385 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #46: May 21, 2018 11:56:52 pm
      Not sure that is a dismissal as much as an effort to drive up the transfer fee.

Same way, Talisco might be a counterweight from our side. Who knows?

I would like to see us sign Fekir though.

A deal couldn't have been 99% complete with there being no contact, so by Lyon saying there has been no contact, it's dismissing that.

But it's silly season and who knows what to believe, until they've signed on the dotted line, don't really believe any of it and don't get my hopes up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #47: May 22, 2018 12:19:51 am
      Am I the only one not excited ? I  haven't really seen Fekir play tbh, just YT clips, and when I watched Lacazette before, I don't really remember him at all.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: May 22, 2018 12:31:55 am

One of the most shrewd owners out there.

He will bend us over if we really want the guy.

Can see him getting 80m + from us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #49: May 22, 2018 01:18:03 am

Look at Thomas Lemar last year, we walk away if we think price is too steep
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #50: May 22, 2018 02:48:31 am

Well so far he hasn't bent anyone over, so i doubt it. It's a shame Lyon (and Monaco) is just a feeder club. Lyon has sold Umtiti, Lacazette and Tolisso for about 120M EUR combined, still less than what we were able to get out of Barcelona for Coutinho despite the player sitting out and pointing to where he wanted to go leaving us with little leverage.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #51: May 22, 2018 04:09:19 am
      Well so far he hasn't bent anyone over, so i doubt it. It's a shame Lyon (and Monaco) is just a feeder club. Lyon has sold Umtiti, Lacazette and Tolisso for about 120M EUR combined, still less than what we were able to get out of Barcelona for Coutinho despite the player sitting out and pointing to where he wanted to go leaving us with little leverage.

You need to remember the finances involved. Our turnover, whilst nowhere near as much as say Man Utd is 2.5-3 times as much as Lyon. So them getting £50m put on the table for Lacazette is equivalent to us getting £100m+ out of Barca for Coutinho
      They also operate in a league where £50M goes a hell of a lot further than in the PL
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #52: May 22, 2018 04:40:29 am
      A deal couldn't have been 99% complete with there being no contact, so by Lyon saying there has been no contact, it's dismissing that.

But it's silly season and who knows what to believe, until they've signed on the dotted line, don't really believe any of it and don't get my hopes up.

I'm going more by some other comments and reports and Klopp's kind of comic non-denial last weekend. I also don't believe everything club officials say (including ours). But I agree with you about "who knows what to believe." I wish I could just check out after we win Saturday night and tune in again when preseason matches begin and see who is on the roster - but I'm never able to do that.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #53: May 22, 2018 05:04:25 am
      Look at Thomas Lemar last year, we walk away if we think price is too steep

You could also look at Southampton and VVD then.

We are inept commercially to deal with shrewd operators.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #54: May 22, 2018 07:14:43 am
      I'm going more by some other comments and reports and Klopp's kind of comic non-denial last weekend. I also don't believe everything club officials say (including ours). But I agree with you about "who knows what to believe." I wish I could just check out after we win Saturday night and tune in again when preseason matches begin and see who is on the roster - but I'm never able to do that.
      Have you tried cryotherapy?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #55: May 22, 2018 03:22:33 pm

when i Googled it the first thing I saw is that there are four places in my city that offer it - which upon reading what it is - conforms my suspicions that the apocalypse is upon us.

On the other hand, I work up this morning worrying about the  match so maybe I should give it a go for the next few days.

Pardon my skepticism about this "medical" trend. It does seem to work effectively in removing warts, however.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #56: May 22, 2018 03:23:57 pm

Actually reading their chairman's comments in full context this morning, it does seem like this is more of a rumour than a strong possibility. And now your words about not getting hopes up ring even truer. I never learn.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #57: May 22, 2018 03:31:22 pm
      Actually reading their chairman's comments in full context this morning, it does seem like this is more of a rumour than a strong possibility. And now your words about not getting hopes up ring even truer. I never learn.

Dude, their chairman is a drama queen. I wouldn't worry about anything he says.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #58: May 22, 2018 04:11:24 pm
      when i Googled it the first thing I saw is that there are four places in my city that offer it - which upon reading what it is - conforms my suspicions that the apocalypse is upon us.

On the other hand, I work up this morning worrying about the  match so maybe I should give it a go for the next few days.

Pardon my skepticism about this "medical" trend. It does seem to work effectively in removing warts, however.
      Ah dogshit, I meant cryogenics.

That’s what happens when you try to be smart at 7am.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #59: May 22, 2018 04:46:01 pm
      Ah dogshit, I meant cryogenics.

That’s what happens when you try to be smart at 7am.
      Heh.

Wait, for cryogenics don't you have to die first?

What are you suggesting?  :f_steam:

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: May 22, 2018 04:46:19 pm
      Dude, their chairman is a drama queen. I wouldn't worry about anything he says.

Hope so.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #61: May 22, 2018 04:50:53 pm
      Heh.

I don’t believe so, think it just stops your body from ageing. You know, like cryosleep. This is just going on my sci-fi knowledge.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #62: May 22, 2018 04:55:46 pm
      Heh.

Be Walt Disney for a day!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: May 22, 2018 04:57:19 pm
      I don’t believe so, think it just stops your body from ageing. You know, like cryosleep. This is just going on my sci-fi knowledge.
      Well we couldn't be more off topic, but all I think about is Walt Disney being frozen after dying in the hope of being reanimated when science progressed (urban myth). The American baseball player Ted Williams did actually do this, although somebody apparaently decided to freeze his head separately...people go through a lot to avoid the unavoidable reality of dying.

But like I said, off topic.  :)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #65: May 24, 2018 10:30:54 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #66: May 24, 2018 10:43:22 pm

Same story from Bascombe - looks like the club have been briefing the press.

Good chance this will happen.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #67: May 25, 2018 01:07:55 am
      Same story from Bascombe - looks like the club have been briefing the press.

Good chance this will happen.

History tells me to not get hopes up when press have been briefed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2018 01:36:50 am
      I'm full circle now and again believe this is happening. Just a matter of a fee and I don't think that will really be an issue, especially as we are not going to be trying to bring in that many players.

Quick Reply