Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167695 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #69: May 25, 2018 02:18:22 am
      Same story from Bascombe - looks like the club have been briefing the press.

Good chance this will happen.

Nah.  We will be issuing a public apology in a week.... 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #70: May 25, 2018 02:24:17 am
      Same story from Bascombe - looks like the club have been briefing the press.

Good chance this will happen.

More likely they have finally been able to verify with foreign journos. I don’t think the club is leaking much anymore to the English press.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #71: May 25, 2018 04:31:51 am
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2799 
      Reply #72: May 27, 2018 10:54:25 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: May 27, 2018 11:21:42 am
      What a shock horror, we lose the final and now he suddenly comes out and says he’s not close to signing for us and that he’s going to take his time to think over several options.
      Getting the Gotze impression relying on us winnin the Europa all over again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #74: May 27, 2018 11:43:15 am
      What a shock horror, we lose the final and now he suddenly comes out and says he’s not close to signing for us and that he’s going to take his time to think over several options.

If he was only going to sign if we won then I don’t want him anyway.
      Kopite78
      Reply #75: May 27, 2018 11:54:14 am

See I just want more good f**king players..  fed up with this only if he wants to like sh*t

I want winners, depth, quality

They can be selfish horrible cu*ts if they like
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #76: May 27, 2018 11:54:20 am

Same here. The fact he’s been asked about us before now, but chose after the defeat to dampen the talk I think says it all about him. I don’t want players that come to us purely on us winning a trophy, I want them to come to us with the intent on winning us a trophy.

Don’t really see what difference it makes to him though whether we won it or not.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #77: May 27, 2018 12:49:34 pm
      I mean it could be a tactic to get a better contract out of us but knowing our luck he'll sign for United.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #78: May 27, 2018 01:08:46 pm
      See I just want more good f**king players..  fed up with this only if he wants to like sh*t

I want winners, depth, quality

They can be selfish horrible cu*ts if they like

And then we get the Coutinho situation, someone always looking for the "bigger and better". Whatever happens happens but I don't have to like being held hostage by guys because of CL or Trophies or whatever.
      Kopite78
      Reply #79: May 27, 2018 01:09:45 pm
      And then we get the Coutinho situation, someone always looking for the "bigger and better". Whatever happens happens but I don't have to like being held hostage by guys because of CL or Trophies or whatever.

They all want to win things

So do F***ing i
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #80: May 27, 2018 01:16:14 pm
      They all want to win things

So do f**king i

But to say what he did after we just lost the way we did...I mean what could possibly be gained? Are we tarnished because we didn't beat Madrid without Mo Salah and goal keeping blunders? How about just keep your mouth shut and when we make a huge bid for you, be happy that a team like ours with a manager like ours wants you to play for US. We've shown enough this year that we are almost back to the level we should be bar a few more additions (we are headed in the right direction)...if you are waffling about being one of those additions because we didn't win well screw you, unless he's going to go to Madrid, then any other team he'd play for didn't win it either.
      I want to win to, which has nothing to do with my opinion of this tool making the remarks he did and what the implications of those remarks may be. Maybe he didn't mean in that way and he'll be signed by the end of the week....fair enough if that happens, I'll be happy to have a good player joining. But if he doesn't join us because we didn't win last night, well screw him, I couldn't care less about him then because he doesn't have the right attitude anyway if that's the case.

Keita decided to join us with no guarantee he'd be coming to a team offering CL football. Virgil bided his time and chose us vs going to Man City where he would have been guaranteed a trophy. Those are the type of players I'm interested (and I think Klopp too) in.
      Kopite78
      Reply #81: May 27, 2018 01:24:54 pm
      But to say what he did after we just lost the way we did...I mean what could possibly be gained? Are we tarnished because we didn't beat Madrid without Mo Salah and goal keeping blunders? How about just keep your mouth shut and when we make a huge bid for you, be happy that a team like ours with a manager like ours wants you to play for US. We've shown enough this year that we are almost back to the level we should be bar a few more additions (we are headed in the right direction)...if you are waffling about being one of those additions because we didn't win well screw you, unless he's going to go to Madrid, then any other team he'd play for didn't win it either.
      I want to win to, which has nothing to do with my opinion of this tool making the remarks he did and what the implications of those remarks may be. Maybe he didn't mean in that way and he'll be signed by the end of the week....fair enough if that happens, I'll be happy to have a good player joining. But if he doesn't join us because we didn't win last night, well screw him, I couldn't care less about him then because he doesn't have the right attitude anyway if that's the case.

Keita decided to join us with no guarantee he'd be coming to a team offering CL football. Virgil bided his time and chose us vs going to Man City where he would have been guaranteed a trophy. Those are the type of players I'm interested (and I think Klopp too) in.

You think all those at city went there because they love blue moon?

It's all bollocks

You don't know when that interview was done, how the question was put to him... nothing

There's an old quote from the boot room

Don't give yourselves a F***ing excuse

If we are and the players are hanging onto one player going off injured as an excuse to that insipid sh*te last night then I'd rather have some selfish winners cause we were sh*te
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #82: May 27, 2018 01:27:00 pm

Suddenly?  It was only itk's who said the deal was alnost done, the echo never went that far, jeez you would think that people would have learnt by now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #83: May 27, 2018 01:28:43 pm
      You think all those at city went there because they love blue moon?

No they went there to play for Pep and to play with other great players.

Something that Klopp has started to build here.

You think Keita is coming here because he loves the Beatles?

He came here because of the manager and who he gets to play with and the trajectory our team is on. That's all I'm saying.

Taken out of context, twisted, turned around, I don't really care. I'm commenting on what he said taking it at face value. Don't really care if people don't agree with me, you never heard any comments like this from Keita or VVD during those transfer "sagas". I think this guy talks too much and should be flattered that we are interested in him. Nothing anyone says is going to change that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #84: May 27, 2018 01:29:45 pm
      Suddenly?  It was only itk's who said the deal was alnost done, the echo never went that far, jeez you would think that people would have learnt by now.

That's because the echo isn't getting leaked info anymore because of the VVD saga. The faithful Liverpool journos are basically having to wait until the rest of the world already knows its a done deal so that we don't get screwed again.
      Kopite78
      Reply #85: May 27, 2018 01:33:10 pm
      No they went there to play for Pep and to play with other great players.

Something that Klopp has started to build here.

You think Keita is coming here because he loves the Beatles?

He came here because of the manager and who he gets to play with and the trajectory our team is on. That's all I'm saying.

Taken out of context, twisted, turned around, I don't really care. I'm commenting on what he said taking it at face value. Don't really care if people don't agree with me, you never heard any comments like this from Keita or VVD during those transfer "sagas". I think this guy talks too much and should be flattered that we are interested in him. Nothing anyone says is going to change that.

Seem to cherry pick what you want to take on face value.

Enjoy it up there in the clouds 👍
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #86: May 27, 2018 01:35:54 pm
      Seem to cherry pick what you want to take on face value.
      Examples or just BS?

Enjoy it up there in the clouds 👍

I always do.
      Kopite78
      Reply #87: May 27, 2018 01:37:12 pm
      Examples or just BS?

I always do.

Examples of What?

If your head wasn't up in the clouds you'd see what's really going on

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #88: May 27, 2018 01:41:54 pm
      Examples of What?

If your head wasn't up in the clouds you'd see what's really going on

Examples of me cherry picking what I take at face value?

It would appear you're able to conjure up a mental list of all the times I've done it so I was just curious of some examples off the top of your head.
      Kopite78
      Reply #89: May 27, 2018 01:45:29 pm
      Examples of me cherry picking what I take at face value?

It would appear you're able to conjure up a mental list of all the times I've done it so I was just curious of some examples off the top of your head.

Just the one there where you have this idyllic idea of our trajectory and all these worldwide quality players who support Liverpool who only want to be here and nowhere else irregardless of the fact we can't compete with the big boys financially

That our squad lack any true depth to compete

We've won one trophy in 12 years which isn't good enough no matter how we try to convince ourselves of trajectory

The last 12 years whilst being owned by clueless f**k stick yanks who only care about money and not trophies

I wish f**king Americans had never heard of football the bunch of cu*ts
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #90: May 27, 2018 01:53:24 pm
      Just the one there where you have this idyllic idea of our trajectory and all these worldwide quality players who support Liverpool who only want to be here and nowhere else irregardless of the fact we can't compete with the big boys financially
      Never said that anywhere. I said we are on the up and gave examples of players that believe that which is why they chose us (VVD, Ox, Keita, Salah)

That our squad lack any true depth to compete
      I have never disputed that.

We've won one trophy in 12 years which isn't good enough no matter how we try to convince ourselves of trajectory
      No it's not good enough.

The last 12 years whilst being owned by clueless f**k stick yanks who only care about money and not trophies

I wish f**king Americans had never heard of football the bunch of cu*ts
      Fair enough. None of what you just said changes anything that I said regarding the actual player we are talking about, but I can tell there's no use trying to debate reasonably with you right now so I'll let you be. Have a good rest of the day Jon.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #91: May 27, 2018 01:55:55 pm

If we are and the players are hanging onto one player going off injured as an excuse to that insipid sh*te last night then I'd rather have some selfish winners cause we were sh*te

Shitty snubbed Sanchez cause he was a money grabbing mercenary.
      He's a good player, and if he had shown a better attitude, think City would've signed him.

Top clubs want top players, but why not try an get ones with the right attitude too.
      As FL said, VVD, top player, but seems to be a top character in with it.

Once Coutinho was more trouble than he was worth, time to get rid, no matter how good he is imho

Want guys who want to be here. Just an opinion..

Quick Reply