Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166352 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #529: Jun 10, 2018 12:32:44 am
      Aulas came out and said the exact same about Essien...he ended up at Chelsea still. Will find the quotes for it tomorrow.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #530: Jun 10, 2018 12:36:21 am
      Ah so, it's dead finally. At least we get to know the end of it now. Disappointing really...
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #531: Jun 10, 2018 12:42:05 am
      I trust Klopp
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #532: Jun 10, 2018 12:42:50 am
      It's all part of a super plan. Fekir was just a smokescreen for dybala.
      IL go to bed now 😆
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #533: Jun 10, 2018 12:44:37 am
      OH I'm drunk so maybe I read it wrong. Il try to read it tomorrow 😁

I f***in love you hic...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #534: Jun 10, 2018 12:56:35 am
      Aulas came out and said the exact same about Essien...he ended up at Chelsea still. Will find the quotes for it tomorrow.

And of course it's not like the transfer window closed today. It's only "dead" until it's alive again. One thing Klopp has proven is that he's willing to wait to get his targets. There's something like two months left in the window. I know it would have been nice to have the announcement today, but every transfer isn't complete until...well, until it is.

Agree with 434 that Fekir was very good as a sub today. He has a great left foot, vision to see a pass and can break players down 1v1.

BTW, the comment from the club web site mentions that Fekir wants to go to Liverpool. Sounds a lot like PR/leveraging to me.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #535: Jun 10, 2018 01:00:50 am
      this is so utterly baffling that all i can think is it isnt totally dead....

he came on tonight and looked bloody boss!  this line from france that he'd chosen his shirt number is pretty rough....feels a pretty sh*te way to treat the lad.

really hope we find a way, gonna be pretty hard to find another player of his quality who we seemingly have a free run at, and seems desperate to come here...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #536: Jun 10, 2018 01:15:56 am
      For F**k sake

Had a bad feeling about this when I was about to crash out last night. Woke up jumped on Social media and deal off apparently.

Gutted when Lacazette went to Arsenal, gutted when Aubamayang went to Arsenal, gonna be seriously gutted if he goes to Arsenal or Chelsea or anyone else for that matter.

This F***ing sucks, want this lad in Red, bad!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #537: Jun 10, 2018 01:17:37 am
      Refused to talk to the media after the France game apparently. In other words he’s livid, Aulas playing these games only hampers his value in the long run.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #538: Jun 10, 2018 01:23:29 am
      The real reason the whole deal has broken down :laugh:

https://mobile.twitter.com/donkopleone/status/1005515356331442176
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #539: Jun 10, 2018 01:44:40 am

I'd eat her ass regardless.... 😛
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #540: Jun 10, 2018 02:19:37 am
      Mane & Salah weren't initial targets, we'll go after someone else if the Fekir deal is dead in the water.

I remember reading somewhere that klopp was mad on mane and wanted him at Dortmund and that salah was his top target last summer too.

Where salah and mane second or third choices then?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #541: Jun 10, 2018 02:23:48 am
      I'd eat her ass regardless.... 😛

Knife & fork on the ready & the for dessert I'll have what Rushie has ;D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #542: Jun 10, 2018 02:32:38 am
      We'll Lanzini did his knee the other day so he's hardly an option.

If we sign Shaqiri it won't be as an alternative to Fekir either since then play in different positions.

Wasn't aware lanzini was injured but the point still stands. The difference in quality (and price) between shaqiri/lanzini to Fekir. It's a big drop in standard and it was just an example to use.

And if the fekir deal is in fact dead then I'm not totally convinced we will bring in a number 10 role type of player which presumably he would have been for us.

It wasn't long ago we were linked with dembele. If there was any truth in dembele then I highly doubt we'd have signed fekir too. It would have been one or the other and they don't play the same position. 

We have several versatile players so it's not specific roles that we need to address really, its squad depth, and we need to add a bit more quality too.

Don't be surprised if we don't sign a number 10 just because we tried to sign fekir. We could sign a wide man instead whos versatile like mahrez perhaps but more likely shaqiri.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #543: Jun 10, 2018 04:56:35 am
      Now that the deal is dead I hope we actually had backup options/plans that are close to this one in terms of the quality. The thing that adds even more pain to this is that it's a WC year and starting this week nobody will want to negotiate anything until the specific team the player is involved with is out of the competition.

Bottom line, we looked bad today.

Note: We can still go for a lot of quality players that won't be playing during the WC though. Brazil, Argentina, France are some of the teams that regularly have to leave out quality players out of their squad because there's just too much quality players in some of the positions (Look at Fabinho).

Pick the pace back up and get the deals done asap before the preparations for the new season begin. Cannot stress enough the importance of a full off-season for the new signings. Its the difference between Chamberlain hitting top gear in November/December rather than February for example. 

Edit: You also have to remember some of our guys participating in the tournament will need a bit of rest in the beginning of the season considering we played the CL final (3 more weeks of work than the other teams) and they then jumped straight to training camps and friendlies with their teams...point being that the new signings will have to fill in faster this year than they would in a non-wc year.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #544: Jun 10, 2018 08:09:05 am
      If we had a little of doubt on his knee, we did right thing to abandon the transfer. We're still very early on to move to other transfers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #545: Jun 10, 2018 08:58:07 am
      It literally makes no sense to me at all, if we have doubts over his injuries then you walk away, you don't renegotiate. This sounds like that Lyon chairman being a tw*t again and spreading false rumours. Bottom line if the lad wants to come to us then it will happen.
      Kopite78
      Reply #546: Jun 10, 2018 09:07:08 am
      It literally makes no sense to me at all, if we have doubts over his injuries then you walk away, you don't renegotiate. This sounds like that Lyon chairman being a tw*t again and spreading false rumours. Bottom line if the lad wants to come to us then it will happen.

To be honest yeah something seems really off with this, as you said if it's a medical issue then you walk away if it's a bad one.
      If not too bad as to not threaten the deal then it's not really a transfer fee issue it's an insurance detail, as a club every player is insured, so if we belief he could break down at some point then you place something in the insurance or you walk.

Seems a real odd one to me, apparently he's agreed terms, he's had a medical and we've shot the first interview stuff for lfctv (that looks pretty legit)

Really odd this one
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #547: Jun 10, 2018 09:11:48 am
      My theory is that Lyon chairman won't sell before wc, because he feels that price for Fekir could get x2 after WC. if he had great tournament. Fekir was great yesterday , when he came on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #548: Jun 10, 2018 09:13:18 am
      To be honest yeah something seems really off with this, as you said if it's a medical issue then you walk away if it's a bad one.
      If not too bad as to not threaten the deal then it's not really a transfer fee issue it's an insurance detail, as a club every player is insured, so if we belief he could break down at some point then you place something in the insurance or you walk.

Seems a real odd one to me, apparently he's agreed terms, he's had a medical and we've shot the first interview stuff for lfctv (that looks pretty legit)

Really odd this one

Weird indeed.

No way you would have the video and interview done before a medical.

Always seems to be us involved in these bizarre transfers.
      Kopite78
      Reply #549: Jun 10, 2018 09:22:10 am
      My theory is that Lyon chairman won't sell before wc, because he feels that price for Fekir could get x2 after WC. if he had great tournament. Fekir was great yesterday , when he came on.

That doesn't fit either

The deal was too far down the line for that theory to fit
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #550: Jun 10, 2018 09:22:51 am

But if he hardly plays do we get him cheaper?
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #551: Jun 10, 2018 09:27:17 am
      That doesn't fit either

The deal was too far down the line for that theory to fit

Hm chairman could stop the deal last minute. Every theory is unreal for me.

Quick Reply