Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168696 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #759: Jun 27, 2018 10:40:11 pm
      Here’s one for those that love a conspiracy theory...if you’d call it that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Koloholic/status/1011944970482343937

That last numbers are 070618 too, which is of course the day before so called “Fekir Friday”

Await all the so called “ITKs” now jumping on this and saying it will be announced 1st July.

what would the supposed reason be for not announcing it already after so much publicity?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #760: Jun 27, 2018 10:48:53 pm
      https://twitter.com/MoSalah/status/984102734117920768?s=19

Grasping as them straws.

I fecking love this time of year haha
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #761: Jun 27, 2018 10:59:42 pm
      Don't care either way, didn't know of him.before world cup, not been impressed with him during world cup. It's a no from me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: Jun 27, 2018 11:11:46 pm
      what would the supposed reason be for not announcing it already after so much publicity?

I don't know, none of us know what goes on behind the scenes/during negotiations...Just for the record, I don't even give it a thought if we will sign him or not, I just wait and see, take everything with a pinch of salt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #763: Jun 28, 2018 12:48:21 pm
      No it was a direct interview with Pearce as ITK go he's got to be one of the most trusted. As such I don't expect us to go back in for this lad unless the price is drastically reduced to offset the risk.

In which he regurgitated the same copy that was used by another journalist for the sunday mirror. He may well be but still has column inches to fill, plus the echo & sunday mirror are owned by same company. Trust me it was a rewritten piece from whatever appeared in the sunday mirror.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #764: Jun 28, 2018 06:02:12 pm
      Don't care either way, didn't know of him.before world cup, not been impressed with him during world cup. It's a no from me

really? he has been one of the top players in Europe.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #765: Jun 28, 2018 06:04:31 pm

Can only go on what I've seen with my own eyes and I've not been impressed, if he's a top player why is he not starting for France?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #766: Jun 28, 2018 06:20:35 pm

So has Depay mate and he flopped in the PL.

French league is average even Balotelli looks good there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #767: Jun 28, 2018 07:16:44 pm
      Can only go on what I've seen with my own eyes and I've not been impressed, if he's a top player why is he not starting for France?
      Uh because they are absolutely loaded with talent.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #768: Jun 28, 2018 07:35:37 pm
      Uh because they are absolutely loaded with talent.

So which one of this loaded talented squad kept him out last game ? other than Kante who I like I wouldn't have any of their midfield if I'm honest.including haircut.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #769: Jun 28, 2018 07:38:47 pm
      So which one of this loaded talented squad kept him out last game ? other than Kante who I like I wouldn't have any of their midfield if I'm honest.including haircut.
      Like it or not they aren’t going to play him ahead of Pogba. So there you go, Kante and Pogba.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #770: Jun 28, 2018 07:43:49 pm
      Like it or not they aren’t going to play him ahead of Pogba. So there you go, Kante and Pogba.

NZONZI and Lemar started ahead of him when they left pogba out the last game. Plus Kante plays the holding role. Fact is he cannot get a start for France.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #771: Jun 28, 2018 07:48:41 pm
      NZONZI and Lemar started ahead of him when they left pogba out the last game. Plus Kante plays the holding role. Fact is he cannot get a start for France.

Sane can’t even make the National team, would sure as hell take him. Doesn’t make anyone more or less of a player whatever their role is with the national team.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #772: Jun 28, 2018 08:00:03 pm
      Sane can’t even make the National team, would sure as hell take him. Doesn’t make anyone more or less of a player whatever their role is with the national team.

Sane is German and plays on the wing players getting a game ahead of this lad who I wouldn't pay anywhere near 53 million for. But it's just my opinion.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #773: Jun 28, 2018 08:12:03 pm
      Now you are getting it.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #774: Jun 28, 2018 08:20:15 pm

Oh I get it you think every other French midfielder at the world cup is better than our 53 million target hence why he can't get a game. So we both on the same page we should not be in for the lad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #775: Jun 28, 2018 08:29:05 pm
      Oh I get it you think every other French midfielder at the world cup is better than our 53 million target hence why he can't get a game. So we both on the same page we should not be in for the lad.

I think he's talking about you having a opinion rather than Fekir you know!! :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #776: Jun 28, 2018 08:30:06 pm
      Sane is German and plays on the wing players getting a game ahead of this lad who I wouldn't pay anywhere near 53 million for. But it's just my opinion.

Good job you don’t have to worry about it being your money then isn’t it.
      Have you even considered the fact that he might not be mentally right to be playing a great deal given what’s been going on with his future.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #777: Jun 28, 2018 08:41:14 pm
      Good job you don’t have to worry about it being your money then isn’t it.
      Have you even considered the fact that he might not be mentally right to be playing a great deal given what’s been going on with his future.

Actually I do consider whatever money spent to be ours, not mine, hence I want value for money. Spent enough, sometime.ro much on the club I love I don't want to see money wasted  it's not just Fekir I also have thoughts on Asensio as well think money could be better spent.

But again it's all about opinion just giving mine and I may be proved wrong  I have numerous times before.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #778: Jun 29, 2018 09:37:21 am
      I predict we still end up signing him for ÂŁ50 million.

No other club will be interested after the knee issue revelation and Lyon will eventually give in to our bid.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #779: Jun 29, 2018 03:40:52 pm

No other club will be interested after the knee issue revelation and Lyon will eventually give in to our bid.

Someone still would, was it the Chavs signed Remy after we cancelled the move because of his apparent heart issue.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #780: Jun 29, 2018 07:21:14 pm
      Someone still would, was it the Chavs signed Remy after we cancelled the move because of his apparent heart issue.

So what do we think happened?

1. Deal was virtually done, but medical showed enough for LFC to pull out - and Lyon are trying to sugarcoat it for the sake of selling to someone else - with Liverpool no longer interested.

2. Deal was virtually done and Lyon decided they should hold out and get more and it's an open possibility that we or someone else will buy him.

3. Deal was virtually done and so we have attempted to renegotiate the terms and the matter is still open.

I had thought it was #1, but increasingly I'm seeing a narrative in the media that supports #2, #3 or a mix of those two.

Where is this now?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #781: Jun 29, 2018 07:46:48 pm
      He's got a dodgy knee, we're not buying him and we're not arsed what other sh*te the media are putting out.

In the words of the King "when we've got something to tell you, we'll tell you!!"

Quick Reply