Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168697 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #782: Jun 29, 2018 11:17:27 pm
      Someone still would, was it the Chavs signed Remy after we cancelled the move because of his apparent heart issue.

Very true mate.

Some clubs have more money than sense.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #783: Jun 30, 2018 11:26:51 am
      Rumors we backed out of the deal over 5m....if that’s the case that’s just silly. Trying to renegotiate 5m because of his knee? Doesn’t sound right. I’m still inclined to think this all has something to do with their owner. I think he backed out trying to get a higher price and he’s feeding info to the media to try and put pressure on us. No way we did all that media work (interview, pics of him in our strip) before a medical. I just don’t buy that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #784: Jun 30, 2018 12:04:27 pm
      Rumors we backed out of the deal over 5m....if that’s the case that’s just silly. Trying to renegotiate 5m because of his knee? Doesn’t sound right. I’m still inclined to think this all has something to do with their owner. I think he backed out trying to get a higher price and he’s feeding info to the media to try and put pressure on us. No way we did all that media work (interview, pics of him in our strip) before a medical. I just don’t buy that.

Agree. I think this talk of United now wanting him is just them trying to drive his price up. I know we’ve had our moment in the past with Ian Ayre but I can’t see Edwards, Klopp or anyone else starting to f**k around over a few million. If there was serious doubts over his knee then we’d have most likely walked away altogether or tried reducing the fee down by 10/15mill+.

Personally I’ve thought all along it’s just Aulas being a tool, just never quite made sense from our side of things.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #785: Jun 30, 2018 01:03:21 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #786: Jun 30, 2018 01:56:41 pm

The manc media link them with at least three internationals a day, irrespective of the fact they wouldn't play for either the has beens or Mourinho.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #787: Jun 30, 2018 03:56:41 pm

For sure. There are few chairmen with a more thorough history of being a d**k than Aulas. Being difficult is engrained in this guy's character.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #788: Jul 01, 2018 03:07:10 pm
      I still think he is our player, I think it's all done and the only reason nothing has happened is Lyon have protected their shareholders and won't announce until ready, just a nagging feeling that's all. I'm cool if he comes and cool if he don't!
      If that is the case, and the knee business is rubbish, I hope we make it clear we are not about to pay 50 million for damaged goods.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #789: Jul 01, 2018 03:47:52 pm
      If that is the case, and the knee business is rubbish, I hope we make it clear we are not about to pay 50 million for damaged goods.

Quite sure if there is any substance to the knee issue Jürgen will be well advised on the matter, as well as using his own flawless judgement on all aspects of the prospective transfer.
      If there are any 'damaged goods'  issues our manager would have walked before now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #790: Jul 01, 2018 06:07:49 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #791: Jul 01, 2018 06:10:24 pm
      Got a feeling we won't sign anyone else this summer as don't think Jürgen's main targets will come
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #792: Jul 01, 2018 06:17:08 pm
      Got a feeling we won't sign anyone else this summer as don't think Jürgen's main targets will come

Personal opinion with getting Fab & Naby we've addressed strengthening up the midfield, so other than deciding on what to do about the goalie situation,  it's only bolstering the squad now really.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #793: Jul 01, 2018 06:23:57 pm

Apparently, some f**ker from the independent said we'll be signing Shaqiri when his world cup campaign ends.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #794: Jul 01, 2018 07:03:38 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #795: Jul 01, 2018 07:16:38 pm

I dont buy this theory. Its not always ONE player or bust. Brandt was Jürgen's choice but then the committee recommended Mo and Jürgen was convinced. So, if the boss is convinced on an alternative, we will see incomings.

The way I see it, Simon and Shaqiri will be replacements for Sturridge and Ings. Get a feeling that Origi will stick around. And we WILL get in a #10 but thats it. Will probably stick with Karius and Ward.

Joyce and Maddock confirming we have not resumed negotiations for Fekir but arent saying the deal is dead. Melissa tweeted yesterday praying for the World Cup to be over, possibly hinting at a renegotiation with Lyon. Will be an interesting month, given the transfer window closes early.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018 07:24:10 pm by Vicks86 »
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #796: Jul 01, 2018 07:54:03 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #797: Jul 01, 2018 07:56:07 pm
      Joyce now saying what Pearce said, think this deal is now dead.

Maybe. Maybe not.

We won't know for sure until the 1st September.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #798: Jul 01, 2018 07:57:48 pm
      Maybe. Maybe not.

We won't know for sure until the 1st September.

Wrong mate, window closes this season just before the League kicks off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #799: Jul 01, 2018 08:58:17 pm
      To be honest the likes of Pearce, Joyce etc didn’t really have a clue we were getting advanced with a deal in the frst place, just like they don’t actually know what caused it to breakdown and just like they didn’t have a clue about Fabinho, just like they didn’t have a clue about the Keita agreement last year and just like they didn’t know about the Van Dijk agreement as soon as the winter window opened. So as far as journo’s and anyone else goes, don’t waste your time paying attention to it because it’s becoming quite clear that the club are preventing any leaks from happening for the last year.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018 09:05:42 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #800: Jul 01, 2018 09:02:32 pm
      To be honest the likes of Pearce, Joyce etc didn’t really have a clue we were getting advance with a deal in the frst place, just like they don’t actually know what caused it to breakdown and just like they didn’t have a clue about Fabinho, just like they don’t have  clue about the Keita agreement last year and just like they didn’t know about the Van Dijk agreement as soon as the winter window opened. So as far as journo’s and anyone else goes, don’t waste your time paying attention to it because it’s becoming quite clear that the club are preventing any leaks from happening for the last year.

Ain't that the truth.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #801: Jul 01, 2018 09:16:41 pm
      Joyce now saying what Pearce said, think this deal is now dead.

They have no dependable sources, think the deal is they are quoting half truths.
      Lyon are not kosher they will promote any old sh*te that promote a bidding war while the club are keeping schtum.   
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2018 10:14:00 am by stuey »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #802: Jul 01, 2018 10:28:39 pm
      But he wouldn't be damaged goods if the knee business is rubbish would he? don't quite understand mate?

Difference between an omniscient viewpoint  and the one we have now, which is muddled. There's been all kinds of talk that he has a bad knee and that set the deal back. If in fact that is not true, the club should say so upon signing, or else the public response will be all cloudy. This thing has such a poor sound to noise ratio, I really have no idea what is true. I would love us to sign the player I've seen on video, if he is in fact fit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #803: Jul 01, 2018 10:34:31 pm
      Difference between an omniscient viewpoint  and the one we have now, which is muddled. There's been all kinds of talk that he has a bad knee and that set the deal back. If in fact that is not true, the club should say so upon signing, or else the public response will be all cloudy. This thing has such a poor sound to noise ratio, I really have no idea what is true. I would love us to sign the player I've seen on video, if he is in fact fit.
      Don't go round using  big words on here mate
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #804: Jul 01, 2018 10:50:44 pm
      Don't go round using  big words on here mate

How dare he use a good vocabulary.

Quick Reply