Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166349 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #828: Jul 05, 2018 03:19:13 am
      Maybe the alternative to Fekir will be Shaqiri who can play no 10...
      Great talent but can sometimes look desinterested and can sulk...
      If Klopp can address that behavioral issue he could be an astute acquisition.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #829: Jul 05, 2018 08:35:52 am
      Maybe the alternative to Fekir will be Shaqiri who can play no 10...
      Great talent but can sometimes look desinterested and can sulk...
      If Klopp can address that behavioral issue he could be an astute acquisition.

Can’t imagine insisting on cutting to his left foot and swinging a cross in from the centre of the pitch is a good fit for a number ten!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #830: Jul 06, 2018 12:15:18 pm
      We love Liverpool here in Norway and a Norwegian newspaper wrote a article today on why the deal didn't go through.
      In the article it says that VG have talked to several French football journalists who followed the deal closely.
      Bilal ghazi from l'equipe said that Liverpool tried to use the knee injury to renegotiate the deal. They thought they could pressure Lyon because it was two days before the French squad were leaving for Russia. That didn't go well with Lyon.

Fekirs agent said that the story isn't over.

Bouhafsi from radio Rmc told VG that he thinks fekir will go to Liverpool because thats where he wants to go. Lyon won't accept a lower bid then the original.
      He also said that there have been discussion with bayern. Atletico and real have shown interessert but nothing more yet.

There are direct quote from the French journalists. Just thought I would share it. After all it's Fekirs thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #831: Jul 06, 2018 02:26:30 pm
      We love Liverpool here in Norway and a Norwegian newspaper wrote a article today on why the deal didn't go through.
      In the article it says that VG have talked to several French football journalists who followed the deal closely.
      Bilal ghazi from l'equipe said that Liverpool tried to use the knee injury to renegotiate the deal. They thought they could pressure Lyon because it was two days before the French squad were leaving for Russia. That didn't go well with Lyon.

Fekirs agent said that the story isn't over.

Bouhafsi from radio Rmc told VG that he thinks fekir will go to Liverpool because thats where he wants to go. Lyon won't accept a lower bid then the original.
      He also said that there have been discussion with bayern. Atletico and real have shown interessert but nothing more yet.

There are direct quote from the French journalists. Just thought I would share it. After all it's Fekirs thread.

Interesting...IF it's true, that's really foolish and it shows we still haven't quite escaped some of that small club mentality that's crept in over the years with transfers. We have plenty of money and we had a need...should have just paid fair price and been happy to secure him before the WC. Would have benefited us and definitely would have benefited the player as it appears his mind is truly crocked during this World Cup.
      Kopite78
      Reply #832: Jul 06, 2018 02:46:53 pm
      Interesting...IF it's true, that's really foolish and it shows we still haven't quite escaped some of that small club mentality that's crept in over the years with transfers. We have plenty of money and we had a need...should have just paid fair price and been happy to secure him before the WC. Would have benefited us and definitely would have benefited the player as it appears his mind is truly crocked during this World Cup.

Mate that tells you nothing

It's quoting French journalists who by a funny shake would back the story peddled by the French media 

I'd believe them as much as I'd believe our journos

There will be about a dozen people who know the true story and for all their individual interests I'd doubt they'd leak the story yet

That's just more speculative bollocks
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #833: Jul 06, 2018 03:05:38 pm
      Mate that tells you nothing

It's quoting French journalists who by a funny shake would back the story peddled by the French media 

I'd believe them as much as I'd believe our journos

There will be about a dozen people who know the true story and for all their individual interests I'd doubt they'd leak the story yet

That's just more speculative bollocks
      Yea I hear that, that’s why I qualified my statement with a big “IF”.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #834: Jul 06, 2018 06:49:36 pm

No its not foolish, its smart, if the club have concerns over his knee then it's prudent to alter the structure of the deal to make it a smaller amount up front.
      I still think we'll get him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #835: Jul 06, 2018 08:00:08 pm
      No its not foolish, its smart, if the club have concerns over his knee then it's prudent to alter the structure of the deal to make it a smaller amount up front.
      I still think we'll get him.

If the club have concerns over his knee, they won’t mess around trying to restructure a deal for the amount of a few million. If the club had any real concerns about his knee they’d try and knock it down a good 15mill, or more likely, walk away, just like we did with Remy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #836: Jul 06, 2018 09:38:24 pm
      If the club have concerns over his knee, they won’t mess around trying to restructure a deal for the amount of a few million. If the club had any real concerns about his knee they’d try and knock it down a good 15mill, or more likely, walk away, just like we did with Remy.

Depends how concerned they were.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #837: Jul 06, 2018 09:53:05 pm
      Depends how concerned they were.

If they weren’t very concerned then it wouldn’t have been worth the hassle of trying to haggle a few million off in the grand scheme of things.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #838: Jul 07, 2018 11:42:10 am
      If they weren’t very concerned then it wouldn’t have been worth the hassle of trying to haggle a few million off in the grand scheme of things.

Oh for God sake why is this so hard for some of you to understand. The club obviously rate him at about ÂŁ50 million, but he has a potentially dodgy knee, so they say to Lyon OK we'll pay you ÂŁ30m up front and then ÂŁ20m based on games he plays for us, if he is as fit an healthy as you say he is then no problem you get all the money but if he breaks down after a few games then its a smaller risk to the club. That is a perfectly sensible approach and I'd be pissed off if the club didn't try it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #839: Jul 07, 2018 12:08:52 pm
      Oh for God sake why is this so hard for some of you to understand. The club obviously rate him at about ÂŁ50 million, but he has a potentially dodgy knee, so they say to Lyon OK we'll pay you ÂŁ30m up front and then ÂŁ20m based on games he plays for us, if he is as fit an healthy as you say he is then no problem you get all the money but if he breaks down after a few games then its a smaller risk to the club. That is a perfectly sensible approach and I'd be pissed off if the club didn't try it.

Look at you having a pop at other peoples take on the situation, despite nobody actually having the slightest clue.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #840: Jul 07, 2018 12:36:21 pm
      Look at you having a pop at other peoples take on the situation, despite nobody actually having the slightest clue.

Its not about that , its about people not understanding simple business practices, the same people who no doubt constantly whinge about us being ripped off and not being savvy enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #841: Jul 07, 2018 05:49:54 pm
      Its not about that , its about people not understanding simple business practices, the same people who no doubt constantly whinge about us being ripped off and not being savvy enough.

Simple business practices? Your in dreamland if you think we are likely to stump 30mill up front for a player. Transfer fees, in most cases are now spread across the length of the contract, I’d be very surprised if we put even near that much up front for a player.

And no, I don’t whinge about us being ripped off and savvy etc. You have no idea what the situation is, just like the rest of us so don’t get why you are starting to have a pop at people about “simple business practices”, when in actual fact, you haven’t a clue and just want people to agree with how you are seeing the situation.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #842: Jul 07, 2018 05:51:45 pm
      Simple business practices? Your in dreamland if you think we are likely to stump 30mill up front for a player. Transfer fees, in most cases are now spread across the length of the contract, I’d be very surprised if we put even near that much up front for a player.

And no, I don’t whinge about us being ripped off and savvy etc. You have no idea what the situation is, just like the rest of us so don’t get why you are starting to have a pop at people about “simple business practices”, when in actual fact, you haven’t a clue an just want people o agree with how you are seeing the situation.

You are the one presuming what's happening and passing judgement
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #843: Jul 07, 2018 06:25:20 pm
      Personally I think it is not an easy situation.
      We want him because he fills a gap we have, Lyon know this.
      Lyon is thinking how much is he worth to us?
      Now we think 53m, but his knee is a danger.
      We need to assess the problem, because players are expensive.
      Example, if we look at risk is 25% of him missing 20 games we per season, we might think he should be 25% cheaper.
      Lyon say no, since they think they can find another buyer or not sell at all.
      Problems for both teams because he doesn't extend the contract and walk free eventually.
      We don't get him cheaper, it's like buying a car, knowing the radiator is broke but still paying full price?
      Lyon and Liverpool won't give in, because shows signs of weakness early in the transfer window.
      The only reasonable solution now is to meet in the middle.
      Perhaps it should be 30m with VERY GOOD add ons, but add ons that depend on fitness.
      Such as "5m extra for every season he doesn't miss more then 20 games with a knee injury that is not sustained from Trauma"
      This is very specific here, it says if his knee is fine we are paying a premium, else if Lyon is full of it... we won't lose as much.
      Personally, this option looks workable but could be more complicated than what it is worth.
      Fekir has not not been seen much this world cup and other players looked more impressive.
      We might be able to get better with the money and at less risk.
      The Lyon president initially tried to delay a sale till after the world cup, if nothing changes he made the wrong decision.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #844: Jul 07, 2018 06:29:41 pm
      You are the one presuming what's happening and passing judgement

How am I passing judgement and presuming what’s happened exactly? I’ve said all along none of us know what’s happening and to just wait and see. you’re the one having a pop at people, saying they don’t understand the situation etc, just for thinking different to your scenario.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2018 06:47:16 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #845: Jul 07, 2018 07:55:05 pm
      No other activity seven days into the official window ...with Naby having rocked up and Fabinho arriving ...then the only thing I can think is that the Fekir deal ... IF it is alive ...will be concluded the very moment the WC is over.

Either that or the deal is definitely off... and we are all talking bollocks.

;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #846: Jul 07, 2018 09:03:11 pm
      How am I passing judgement and presuming what’s happened exactly? I’ve said all along none of us know what’s happening and to just wait and see. you’re the one having a pop at people, saying they don’t understand the situation etc, just for thinking different to your scenario.

You were saying the club was stupid trying to renegotiate the deal, I say it's good business sense. I apologise if I offended you.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #847: Jul 07, 2018 09:12:16 pm
      You were saying the club was stupid trying to renegotiate the deal, I say it's good business sense. I apologise if I offended you.

No you are being a tool and trying to twist things because I never said the club was stupid to try and renegotiate a deal. If you really think I said that then I want you to find exactly where I said that! What I said was, if they had serious concerns then they’d have tried to renegotiate a lot more than a few million or walked away altogether IMO.

There’s a clear difference so stop being a blert to try and make yourself look better because you’ve been pulled up on taking a pop at those who don’t see it from your perspective.

It’s not people who disagree with me that bothers me, it’s when you get people who try and twist what’s been said.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #848: Jul 08, 2018 08:50:57 am
      I think the club now considering this situation carefully. We may still want Fekir but now the like of Dybala can be better if we can sign him so I would like to wait and believe the club do the best thing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #849: Jul 08, 2018 12:47:43 pm
      No you are being a tool and trying to twist things because I never said the club was stupid to try and renegotiate a deal. If you really think I said that then I want you to find exactly where I said that! What I said was, if they had serious concerns then they’d have tried to renegotiate a lot more than a few million or walked away altogether IMO.

There’s a clear difference so stop being a blert to try and make yourself look better because you’ve been pulled up on taking a pop at those who don’t see it from your perspective.

It’s not people who disagree with me that bothers me, it’s when you get people who try and twist what’s been said.

You took a quite arrogant view that you knew exactly what the club would or wouldn't do, now unless you sit on the board then you know as much as anyone else does, ie F**k all. All I was pointing out was that it made good sense to try and renegotiate a deal if you have any concerns, its common business practice, but you of course know best taking the superior high ground calling other posters this and that, not that I have the slightest idea what a blert is, I presume its some form of scouse insult.
      Anyway bored of this discussion now, but I guess you'll need to have the last word, your ego demands it.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #850: Jul 08, 2018 01:36:07 pm

You were the one being arrogant, comments like oh God why don't people understand.
      Like you know what happened and how it happend. The fact is that we all know what has been told in the media and nothing more.
      You chose your side and started bashing people if they don't share your pov.

Kenny just pointed that out. It's just a internet forum. You don't always have to win. Let it go. No harm done.

Quick Reply