Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 167825 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1058: Jul 19, 2018 08:18:07 pm
      He the guy who was at Newcastle?

Awful there if I remember?

He was. Like Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1059: Jul 19, 2018 08:29:40 pm

Haha. Boom
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1060: Jul 19, 2018 08:35:59 pm

I donā€™t get why theyā€™d be presenting him with the trophy, what did he do exactly throughout the tournament, other than keep the bench warm? Surely if thereā€™s this presentation for anyone it would be Mbappe, who actually contributed massively to them winning it?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1061: Jul 19, 2018 08:37:54 pm

Wasn't having a go lads.. just wondering if it was the same one

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1062: Jul 19, 2018 08:40:47 pm
      I donā€™t get why theyā€™d be presenting him with the trophy, what did he do exactly throughout the tournament, other than keep the bench warm? Surely if thereā€™s this presentation for anyone it would be Mbappe, who actually contributed massively to them winning it?

Getting the feeling it's a poor translation. More like it'll be Fekir showing the trophy off to the Lyon crowd. Probably do something similar with M'bappe at PSG & other French squad players playing in French league.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1063: Jul 19, 2018 08:42:17 pm
      Wasn't having a go lads.. just wondering if it was the same one

oh, that's how i took it.  :)

Probably the last we'll hear about him anyway.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #1064: Jul 19, 2018 09:48:55 pm
      I respect your opinion Scott, I really do, but I fundamentally disagree with you. I want to win trophies. Lots of f**king trophies. I'm sick and tired of season after season us being an alsoran. I want us to win something, even if it's the Mickey Mouse cup. The Trophy cabinet has been bear too long. Success breeds success and we're not going to be successful without a replacement for Coutinho. If it's an either/or situation, I want the outfield player who brings creativity and scores goals, not a goalkeeper who is only a moderate upgrade, not when we have one of the best defensive records in the league since big Virg joined. Hopefully it's not an either/or and we sign a replacement for Coutinho, be that Fekir or someone else, just so long as they're versatile, experienced and talented.

I think we all want that mate! I would also love a player like Fekir at the club and agree that we need a couple more in. Personally I feel a skillful number 9 (who can also play wide) is a priority but I suspect Klopp doesn't see it that way. As for needing a Coutinho type player to unlock a packed defence, I would point out that Countinho was present in several games over the last few seasons and was unable to solve the problem, in fact if anything we over-relied on him and it inhibited some of the other players at times. I actually think Keita will in part fill the role, I don't think he'll score spectacular goals the way Coutinho did but he has a similar eye for a pass and he will dribble at players and break lines, if anything he is a little more direct than Coutinho. As for Alisson, I disagree. He will prove to be  a MASSIVE upgrade on Karius. It's been a long time coming. Whether he will justify such a transfer i'm not sure but it didn't take us long to forget about VVD's fee given the impact he has had on our defence. 
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1065: Jul 19, 2018 10:13:42 pm

He's Captain of Lyon, not Captain of France. I can't see that being right, unless all players in the French World Cup squad are having it presented to them at their grounds. Whatever the truth of it, it has nothing to do with any potential transfer.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1066: Jul 19, 2018 10:19:48 pm
      I think we all want that mate! I would also love a player like Fekir at the club and agree that we need a couple more in. Personally I feel a skillful number 9 (who can also play wide) is a priority but I suspect Klopp doesn't see it that way. As for needing a Coutinho type player to unlock a packed defence, I would point out that Countinho was present in several games over the last few seasons and was unable to solve the problem, in fact if anything we over-relied on him and it inhibited some of the other players at times. I actually think Keita will in part fill the role, I don't think he'll score spectacular goals the way Coutinho did but he has a similar eye for a pass and he will dribble at players and break lines, if anything he is a little more direct than Coutinho. As for Alisson, I disagree. He will prove to be  a MASSIVE upgrade on Karius. It's been a long time coming. Whether he will justify such a transfer i'm not sure but it didn't take us long to forget about VVD's fee given the impact he has had on our defence.

I simply don't agree with you. As for Alison, I suggest you compare the stats between him and Karius over an eighteen game period. He certainly isn't Ā£67 millions worth of upgrade. It's a ridiculous fee but he'll pull off some decent saves and idiots will claim he's the greatest keeper in the world. Should we upgrade on Karius? Sure but not at the expense of outfield players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1067: Jul 19, 2018 10:31:18 pm
      I simply don't agree with you. As for Alison, I suggest you compare the stats between him and Karius over an eighteen game period. He certainly isn't Ā£67 millions worth of upgrade. It's a ridiculous fee but he'll pull off some decent saves and idiots will claim he's the greatest keeper in the world. Should we upgrade on Karius? Sure but not at the expense of outfield players.

Oh I'm sorry, did we not sign Keita, Fabinho and Shaquiri, did I dream all that?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1068: Jul 20, 2018 12:19:43 am
      "We have everything we need for the next season because I donā€™t think we will do anything more (in the market), Iā€™m pretty sure of that," Klopp said.

Every rumour about us buying anybody else in this window, run it through this filter.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1069: Jul 20, 2018 12:27:39 am
      "We have everything we need for the next season because I donā€™t think we will do anything more (in the market), Iā€™m pretty sure of that," Klopp said.

Every rumour about us buying anybody else in this window, run it through this filter.

Bit like Ward will get his chance to be #1

;D

Fekir will arrive... Lyon want thier skipper to parade the WC to the home crowd then pack him off to us on our USA tour.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1070: Jul 20, 2018 12:33:05 am

;D

Fekir will arrive... Lyon want thier skipper to parade the WC to the home crowd then pack him off to us on our USA tour.

USA tour begins Saturday.

English transfer window closes Aug. 9, three days before this World Cup trophy thing is happening.

Again, something doesn't happen because of how much we want it to happen.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1071: Jul 20, 2018 03:57:14 am
      I still hope the deal is on. Think he would be last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1072: Jul 20, 2018 07:08:05 am

Right before that he said ā€I donā€™t know, we will seeā€

Itā€™s very much open to interpretation, not giving anything away. Remember we had no interest in signing Ox in Klopps words, Alisson was apparently a no go to.

We will see, the club has kept everything very close to their chest this summer.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #1073: Jul 20, 2018 07:36:18 am

Fekir is already agreed so basically boss is telling the truth  ;D ;D ;D
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1074: Jul 20, 2018 08:04:42 am
      So whats the consensus on this then?

Is this done or are we thinking Klopp got told one or the other?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1075: Jul 20, 2018 08:13:51 am

I think it depends on the price, all the other pieces are in place, including the medical. I reckon we'll end up getting him for less than we originally offered or certainly restructured in a kinder way for us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1076: Jul 20, 2018 08:57:51 am

This,
      Read a report yesterday that this was indeed the case.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1077: Jul 20, 2018 09:05:15 am
      This,
      Read a report yesterday that this was indeed the case.

Anything else good in the metro Mate? 😄
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1078: Jul 20, 2018 09:30:50 am
      Wouldn't be surprised if we signed Fekir in January for a reduced fee.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1079: Jul 20, 2018 09:48:37 am
      Taking absolutely no notice of anything said by us about not signing anybody until the window closes.

There's a game going on between both clubs here it seems. This is going down to the wire I reckon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1080: Jul 20, 2018 09:59:52 am

;D

and so he will at Leicester

Quick Reply