Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 168444 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1173: Jul 23, 2018 09:36:30 pm
      I don't know...too me we are short a front 3 player way more than a mid.

£5 a month
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1174: Jul 23, 2018 09:45:22 pm
      IMO. The medical was absolutely fine, reason being, I don’t know what the president of the national team would gain by randomly saying that Fekir told him he had passed the medical and everything was okay.

Second, I’m confident the club would have officially stated we are no longer interested in the player. There’s talk that we aren’t but we apparently hadn’t changed our stance on Alisson, but turns out we were sorting that deal out for the last few weeks (again showing the journos etc know sod all what’s happening). This reason is why I’m also not sure I believe them when they say we won’t be signing anyone else.

Klopp also isn’t an idiot, there will have been a shortlist of players and Fekir would have been at the top, if the deal was dead and buried, he’d have moved on to an alternative, just like with Gotze.

Basically, I think we are just dancing to the tune of Aulas, the way we were with Saints over VVD. Only this time there is no public apology. But, Aulas did say he wouldn’t be going anywhere before the World Cup. He also keeps saying they’ve kept him at the club because they don’t feel he really wants to leave, kind of gives the impression they pulled the plug on it and want a transfer request from him, reckon he’d have a significant loyalty bonus going down the pan then.

The medical thing, just doesn’t make sense to me, especially seeing as he’s not really had any problems since and we’ve signed players with history of injuries before...such as Ox.

One things for sure though, I believe what’s coming out of the French media a lot more than our media.

Whole thing just seems like there is one person being a tool for the sake of it, and he’s not from our club.

I tried to remind people before on here that out of the "few" actual quotes, his agent actually said that he DIDN'T fail his medical..? He passed.. Like you just said..
      Kopite78
      Reply #1175: Jul 23, 2018 09:47:15 pm
      I tried to remind people before on here that out of the "few" actual quotes, his agent actually said that he DIDN'T fail his medical..? He passed.. Like you just said..

What else is he going to say?

Anyway we haven't hinted he's failed it either.. just that it showed up some potential issues down the line

That's very different from failing it
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1176: Jul 23, 2018 09:57:12 pm

I do pay £5/month..also pay to support this board.

Do me a favor and put me on ignore instead of trolling me every time I post.

If not then your going to end up changing  your username again when you have a fit and run off.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #1177: Jul 23, 2018 10:04:44 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1178: Jul 23, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      Fekir is going to try force a move away.

Good news for us if Klopp is still interested.

We're not getting Pulisic this season so let's get the next best thing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1179: Jul 23, 2018 10:20:44 pm
      We're not getting Pulisic this season so let's get the next best thing.

I thought we'd moved past 'getting the next best thing'.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1180: Jul 23, 2018 11:32:20 pm
      So, I know we've spent big this window, but looks like the club are looking to raise anything up to £100m from sales of players (ings, origi, mignolet etc)

If we did raise that sort of money I could see us Going back in for this guy
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #1181: Jul 24, 2018 02:58:12 am
      The medical staffs who are worry about Fekir's knee should tell Klopp it's ten times risk to keep Sturridge and Matip.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1182: Jul 24, 2018 03:19:37 am
      IMO. The medical was absolutely fine, reason being, I don’t know what the president of the national team would gain by randomly saying that Fekir told him he had passed the medical and everything was okay.

Second, I’m confident the club would have officially stated we are no longer interested in the player. There’s talk that we aren’t but we apparently hadn’t changed our stance on Alisson, but turns out we were sorting that deal out for the last few weeks (again showing the journos etc know sod all what’s happening). This reason is why I’m also not sure I believe them when they say we won’t be signing anyone else.

Klopp also isn’t an idiot, there will have been a shortlist of players and Fekir would have been at the top, if the deal was dead and buried, he’d have moved on to an alternative, just like with Gotze.

Basically, I think we are just dancing to the tune of Aulas, the way we were with Saints over VVD. Only this time there is no public apology. But, Aulas did say he wouldn’t be going anywhere before the World Cup. He also keeps saying they’ve kept him at the club because they don’t feel he really wants to leave, kind of gives the impression they pulled the plug on it and want a transfer request from him, reckon he’d have a significant loyalty bonus going down the pan then.

The medical thing, just doesn’t make sense to me, especially seeing as he’s not really had any problems since and we’ve signed players with history of injuries before...such as Ox.

One things for sure though, I believe what’s coming out of the French media a lot more than our media.

Whole thing just seems like there is one person being a tool for the sake of it, and he’s not from our club.

Sound logic, this. Makes a lot of sense.

Us not moving on to another target (no, Shaqiri is not the alternative) is the biggest hint we haven’t completely moved on.

Interesting to see what happens.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1183: Jul 24, 2018 05:25:53 am
      Think this'll pick up pace this week, one way or the other or another! Either he stays or we go back in or knobheads like Chelsea might try to swoop!

A lot of ITKs and 'journos' will try to reveal EXCLUSIVE info.. we are in for a ride! ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1184: Jul 24, 2018 06:48:46 am
      Talk of a transfer request going in.

Hmmm, I wonder who would be advising him to go down that route?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #1185: Jul 24, 2018 07:09:47 am
      I don't know...too me we are short a front 3 player way more than a mid.

CB depth worries me, too.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1186: Jul 24, 2018 08:09:08 am
      I think we will sign him after we get rid of the deadwood.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1187: Jul 24, 2018 09:07:40 am
      What else is he going to say?

Anyway we haven't hinted he's failed it either.. just that it showed up some potential issues down the line

That's very different from failing it

But people still casually speak like we burned the deal because he failed his medical..? Up until recent comments people are still saying this..?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1188: Jul 24, 2018 09:13:17 am
      This Fekir transfer is getting close to being renamed the second  Barry transfer saga.Will we ever see a conclusion one way or the other.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1189: Jul 24, 2018 09:19:21 am
      But people still casually speak like we burned the deal because he failed his medical..? Up until recent comments people are still saying this..?

Cause people are lazy and it's easier to write that

The truth is he didn't fail it but we found something on it that gave us a level of concern about the long term stability of his knee

That's not failing but it's also being prudent ove4 such a big investment
      We've had two players in Sturridge and Ings that have probably shown why we are right to be cautious

But like I said that can simply be worded however whichever side want to slant the story

So no we haven't burned the deal because he failed his medical but we have taken stock over an issue the medical showed
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1190: Jul 24, 2018 09:43:05 am
      I think he passed but, we saw something, a discrepancy that prompted a rejig of the proposed deal?

This would obviously anger that pretty well respected staunch old boy, making him really dig his heels in making it important for him to stick to his original comments about doing nowt until after the world cup.. We're expectedly acting nonchalant knowing Fekir wants the move and, us not being desperate for it..?

I'm pissing in the wind like everybody else of course..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1191: Jul 24, 2018 01:51:06 pm
      I think he passed but, we saw something, a discrepancy that prompted a rejig of the proposed deal?

This would obviously anger that pretty well respected staunch old boy, making him really dig his heels in making it important for him to stick to his original comments about doing nowt until after the world cup.. We're expectedly acting nonchalant knowing Fekir wants the move and, us not being desperate for it..?

I'm pissing in the wind like everybody else of course..

The record signing of Allison was the nail in the coffin for the deal.
      F**k me what d'ya want blood?

Spot the subtle sarcasm.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1192: Jul 24, 2018 03:36:28 pm

I would agree with everything you have suggested here. Especially that Jürgen would have moved on to another target.

Methinks there is still life in this as you do.
      « Last Edit: Jul 24, 2018 04:25:23 pm by MIRO »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1193: Jul 24, 2018 04:05:12 pm
      I would agree with everything you have suggested here. Especially that Jürgen wuld have moved on to another target.

Methinks there is still life in this as you do.

Like a said previously, you don't go and put a player in the jersey & do all the photo shoots & media stuff & then till him to do one..

Klopp wants him & he will get his man...Kieta & VVD testify to this..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1194: Jul 24, 2018 05:47:56 pm
      Talk of a transfer request going in.

Hmmm, I wonder who would be advising him to go down that route?

King Kenny? (the forum poster, not the club legend)  :)

Any good sources on the transfer request?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #1195: Jul 24, 2018 07:40:18 pm
      King Kenny? (the forum poster, not the club legend)  :)

Any good sources on the transfer request?

Not really. Just a few murmurings this morning. Anything is enough to excite me on this one.

Quick Reply