Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166301 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1219: Jul 25, 2018 07:24:59 pm
      Gut feeling is our incomings are over.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1220: Jul 25, 2018 08:35:38 pm
      I still find this one odd, everything was set, then if you only focus on our side, nothing.

No other players signed weeks after the deal broke down. (#10 role - I'm not counting Shaqiri)

I get the feeling if this was truly off we would at least be close to signing an alternative

But I've long stopped trying to understand what we do in the transfer market and I guess I'll just look forward to us smashing west ham on the 12th
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1221: Jul 25, 2018 10:07:45 pm
      I entirely agree with the owners on this one in that you don't spend £50mil on a player who has a question mark over his fitness plenty of other way to spend £50 mil on a player. ITs dead they have moved on and Jürgen is happy with his squad
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1222: Jul 25, 2018 10:19:34 pm
      I entirely agree with the owners on this one in that you don't spend £50mil on a player who has a question mark over his fitness plenty of other way to spend £50 mil on a player. ITs dead they have moved on and Jürgen is happy with his squad

Moved on to whom? Who is the second choice?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1223: Jul 25, 2018 11:09:22 pm
      Moved on to whom? Who is the second choice?

Shaqiri ;) :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1224: Jul 25, 2018 11:41:34 pm

But in seriousness it is a bit weird why the club have not moved onto anyone else if Fekir is completely rejected.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1225: Jul 25, 2018 11:51:10 pm
      But in seriousness it is a bit weird why the club have not moved onto anyone else if Fekir is completely rejected.

Agreed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1226: Jul 25, 2018 11:55:35 pm
      Not happening unfortunately.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1227: Jul 26, 2018 07:24:21 am
      My guess is the money has run out now. Dont think Alisson arrives if Fekir does. Karius' form made that move a priority.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1228: Jul 26, 2018 08:01:00 am
      My guess is the money has run out now. Dont think Alisson arrives if Fekir does. Karius' form made that move a priority.

We have the money....it must be another issue.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1229: Jul 26, 2018 08:45:00 am

Alisson was coming regardless

The club nor the manager would be as knee jerk after a couple of pre season games
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1230: Jul 26, 2018 10:49:33 am
      It wouldnt be too bad an idea if we get in a front-3 player and Shaq is viewed as a #10  :-X
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1231: Jul 26, 2018 10:54:30 am
      On taking a gamble on a dodgy knee..

Fergie paid a British record fee of £19 million at the time for Van Nistelrooy...it paid off well for all concerned..

I don't buy the you cannot comeback from a knee injury & not perform to the highest level.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1232: Jul 26, 2018 11:10:01 am

Fergie paid a British record fee of £19 million at the time for Van Nistelrooy...it paid off well for all concerned..

I don't buy the you cannot comeback from a knee injury & not perform to the highest level.

Oh of course but then that risk has to be taken into account with the asking price.

Seems like Aulus doesn’t want to accept that there is a risk.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1233: Jul 26, 2018 11:24:09 am

I sure hope it’s possible otherwise buying Ox is never going to pay off.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1234: Jul 26, 2018 12:31:06 pm

Mate, for every Nistelrooy, there is a Hargreaves! What we'll end up with, you never know!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1235: Jul 26, 2018 01:53:36 pm
      Alisson was coming regardless

The club nor the manager would be as knee jerk after a couple of pre season games

Not sure thats true. The rhetoric at the time was that we had to stand by Karius and that we weren't that keen to spend that much on a keeper.

Not saying the Fekir deal fell through because we needed a keeper or that we haven't been tracking Allison for a long time.

But I don't think the money is there for both,  I reckon the knee put us off, we're not interested in anyone else if we cant have Fekir so we've decided to spend that instead on a keeper.

We've certainly never spent such huge sums of money like that in the past and we've already spent a good amount this window.

There's no precident for a net spend as big as 200 million so cant see that happening.

Another 60/70 million on top of what we have now would be lovely from my POV but I don't think its on Fenways to do list.

For the record not having a go at FSG here. I'm happy with the window and believe this squad should be in the argument for all the trophies next season.

Just think the money has a dried out now and it will be merely a question of recouping some of that back with selling some of the fringe squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1236: Jul 26, 2018 02:11:27 pm
      Not sure thats true. The rhetoric at the time was that we had to stand by Karius and that we weren't that keen to spend that much on a keeper.

Not saying the Fekir deal fell through because we needed a keeper or that we haven't been tracking Allison for a long time.

But I don't think the money is there for both,  I reckon the knee put us off, we're not interested in anyone else if we cant have Fekir so we've decided to spend that instead on a keeper.

We've certainly never spent such huge sums of money like that in the past and we've already spent a good amount this window.

There's no precident for a net spend as big as 200 million so cant see that happening.

Another 60/70 million on top of what we have now would be lovely from my POV but I don't think its on Fenways to do list.

For the record not having a go at FSG here. I'm happy with the window and believe this squad should be in the argument for all the trophies next season.

Just think the money has a dried out now and it will be merely a question of recouping some of that back with selling some of the fringe squad.

OK so where are we net spend at the moment after factoring in the Countinho money.
      We've brought in Keita(54m), Fabinho(40.5m), Shaqiri(13.2m) and Alisson(£56.25m), for a combined amount of £164m so not that much more than £140m we got for Coutinho? Surely we had more than £24m in the transfer kitty this season, plus we'll recoup some money in player sales, probably at least £50-60m.
      In summary I reckon if we want Fekir we easily have the money for it.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2018 02:24:38 pm by heimdall »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1237: Jul 26, 2018 02:31:18 pm
      OK so where are we net spend at the moment after factoring in the Countinho money.
      We've brought in Keita(54m), Fabinho(40.5m), Shaqiri(13.2m) and Alisson(£56.25m), for a combined amount of £164m so not that much more than £140m we got for Coutinho? Surely we had more than £24m in the transfer kitty this season, plus we'll recoup some money in player sales, probably at least £50-60m.
      In summary I reckon if we want Fekir we easily have the money for it.

Perhaps but like I say the precident isnt there with fenway.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1238: Jul 26, 2018 02:34:27 pm
      Perhaps but like I say the precident isnt there with fenway.

OH you mean like how they keep smashing the records in buying the most expensive defender and goalkeeper, yeah I suppose you are right.
      Look we all know they aren't an oligarch or Oil Sheik with infinite money but this argument that they don't invest is really becoming a bit silly now.

Bottom line with player sales I think we are going to be plus £30m at least so IF Jürgen wants to buy another player then we will, but if we don't then don't pin it on FSG pin it on the fact that Jürgen did not want to.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #1239: Jul 26, 2018 08:07:11 pm
      Like you guys, all I want is perfomance on the pitch, we can bi*ch all we want if it is'nt going to plan, but this too early, hopefully Fekir will be here, but we go again regardless. calm down lads
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1240: Jul 26, 2018 08:20:44 pm
      All I could find out yesterday is that there are concerns about his health.

It has nothing to do with money.

They don’t want another Lallana/ Sturridge situation for the price Lyon is seeking.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1241: Jul 26, 2018 08:23:44 pm
      All I could find out yesterday is that there are concerns about his health.

It has nothing to do with money.

They don’t want another Lallana/ Sturridge situation for the price Lyon is seeking.

Jürgen tell you this whilst you were doing the pitch lad? 🙄

Quick Reply