Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nabil Fekir (Lyon)

Read 166402 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Nabil Fekir (Lyon)
      Reply #1265: Jul 27, 2018 09:04:46 pm
      ā€œIf something doesnā€™t happen in two weeks, itā€™s fineā€¦ If something does happen you have to be ready to reactā€

Klopp on the next 2 weeks !!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1266: Jul 28, 2018 03:38:50 am
      ā€œIf something doesnā€™t happen in two weeks, itā€™s fineā€¦ If something does happen you have to be ready to reactā€

Klopp on the next 2 weeks !!

Hmmm. Is he just talking about outgoings?

Or is someone of note about to become available?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1267: Jul 28, 2018 05:14:53 am

It was in response to a question about Fekir I think so donā€™t think itā€™s outgoings. Hardly dismissing it though, still life in this window yet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1268: Jul 28, 2018 10:31:20 am

I would like to think this quote has something to do with Dortmund putting a price on Pulisic but I worry that he will end up at a rival.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1269: Jul 28, 2018 01:13:34 pm
      I would like to think this quote has something to do with Dortmund putting a price on Pulisic but I worry that he will end up at a rival.

We have to go all out for Pulisic, we are such a natural fit for him, the only other team that comes close in terms of the US market access is Manure but surely he'd rather come to us.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1270: Jul 28, 2018 01:37:48 pm
      We have to go all out for Pulisic, we are such a natural fit for him, the only other team that comes close in terms of the US market access is Manure but surely he'd rather come to us.
      I agree with that. Owners love moves like that where you are basically enlarging your pool of fans elsewhere on the planet. Not saying we should buy him or that it's going to happen, but it would make sense from the owners' point of view to make this happen.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1271: Jul 28, 2018 01:54:07 pm
      Sounds like we are switching from heroin to fentanyl.

Or is it Fentanyl to heroin? I'm never quite sure when it comes to transfer rumours.  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1272: Jul 28, 2018 02:01:19 pm
      It was in response to a question about Fekir I think so donā€™t think itā€™s outgoings. Hardly dismissing it though, still life in this window yet.

Today in The Echo they have quote listed as this: ā€œIf nothing happens with our boys, we press on,ā€ he said. ā€œIf something happens, you always have to make sure you react. If not now, then maybe next window or next summer.ā€

The "with our boys" must have been missing from the source Vicks quoted. So that one to me looks more like he's referring to someone key being injured, or perhaps someone moving on (although the only position where I can see that scenario would be backup goalkeeper).

But as you say, the window is still open, who knows what could happen?

And speaking as someone more conservative than most on here about moving for players, the timing appears to be right for Pulisic, if Klopp believes he fits in with our group.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1273: Jul 29, 2018 02:10:08 pm
      Today in The Echo they have quote listed as this: ā€œIf nothing happens with our boys, we press on,ā€ he said. ā€œIf something happens, you always have to make sure you react. If not now, then maybe next window or next summer.ā€

The "with our boys" must have been missing from the source Vicks quoted. So that one to me looks more like he's referring to someone key being injured, or perhaps someone moving on (although the only position where I can see that scenario would be backup goalkeeper).

But as you say, the window is still open, who knows what could happen?

And speaking as someone more conservative than most on here about moving for players, the timing appears to be right for Pulisic, if Klopp believes he fits in with our group.

Robby, I think if Klopp wanted Pulisic he'd be here by now, he's at the perfect age and it is the ideal time, but I feel the one he really wants is Fekir, and that it's still a possibility he'll arrive, we will all know by the 9th for certain,
      Like the Virgil and Naby scenarios JĆ¼rgen will wait and see what transpires, but what might urge him to act is the Ox being out for most of the coming campaign, if he thought he'd be back by Xmas I think he'd hang on, it would only take another serious injury to affect our strength in midfield so for that reason alone I think he may go back in for Fekir within the next week or so ?

YNWA

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1274: Jul 29, 2018 02:22:57 pm

Robby, I think if Klopp wanted Pulisic he'd be here by now, he's at the perfect age and it is the ideal time, but I feel the one he really wants is Fekir, and that it's still a possibility he'll arrive, we will all know by the 9th for certain,
      Like the Virgil and Naby scenarios JĆ¼rgen will wait and see what transpires, but what might urge him to act is the Ox being out for most of the coming campaign, if he thought he'd be back by Xmas I think he'd hang on, it would only take another serious injury to affect our strength in midfield so for that reason alone I think he may go back in for Fekir within the next week or so ?

YNWA

Can't see Fekir happening especially with how happy Klopp is with Shaqiri already.

Think the deal is dead permanently.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1275: Jul 29, 2018 02:33:20 pm
      Can't see Fekir happening especially with how happy Klopp is with Shaqiri already.

Think the deal is dead permanently.

I personally think it's more to do with Sturridge than Shaqiri.

But yeah, I agree, it looks dead.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1276: Aug 01, 2018 12:24:25 pm
      I thought this thread is still about Nabil Fekir? :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1277: Aug 01, 2018 12:59:54 pm
      I thought this thread is still about Nabil Fekir? :D

Have you got any news on Fekir, I thought that deal was dead now?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1278: Aug 01, 2018 03:31:43 pm
      The press have tried to keep the Fekir talk going, because it was an exciting transfer prospect and drove copy. The Echo kept his name in the headline of their live blog every day for weeks until, today or yesterday. Now its Pulisiic who has replaced them. Fekir deal has been dead for a while,maybe since June. Pulisic doesn't look like we have renewed interest in this summer - Paul Joyce has a good piece on that today - but I imagine his name will be in the headline of the Echo's live blog for a while to come.

craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #1279: Aug 01, 2018 04:11:08 pm
      Fekir would make this an unbelievable window, but as Walton says, we would need to start selling a few players to free up money for the fee and wages. Migs going would probably be a like for like in wages.
      Can't see Gruic having a future here, to be honest I don't know why he was bought in the first place! Strange transfer.

I really like the lad, but unfortunately with the players we've signed and have in his position I can't see him getting a sniff.

Guess the timing was just wrong.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1280: Aug 01, 2018 04:32:08 pm
      I really like the lad, but unfortunately with the players we've signed and have in his position I can't see him getting a sniff.

Guess the timing was just wrong.

Fekir walks straight into our team in place of Hendo imo. I'm a fan of Henderson, but he doesn't have the skill set of Fekir.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1281: Aug 01, 2018 06:10:04 pm
      Fekir walks straight into our team in place of Hendo imo. I'm a fan of Henderson, but he doesn't have the skill set of Fekir.

Correct, but Fekir doesn't have the skill set that Hendo has :D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #1282: Aug 01, 2018 08:38:52 pm

Very defensive set-up keita, Fabinho and Henderson. Fekir and keita in front of Fabinho definitely adds another dimension.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1283: Aug 01, 2018 10:16:05 pm

Or the knees unfortunately.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1284: Aug 03, 2018 10:27:29 am
      Can't see this deal happening this window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1285: Aug 03, 2018 11:07:04 am

Not happening any windows.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1286: Aug 03, 2018 11:09:16 am

No more money available 😌
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1287: Aug 03, 2018 11:14:40 am

Well we have spent Ā£110m over an above what we got for Coutinho so you might be right.

Quick Reply