Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (4%)
      Andy Robertson
      23 (23%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      13 (13%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (10%)
      Dominic Solanke
      10 (10%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      23 (23%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (4%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: May 17, 2018 04:49:17 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20755 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: May 14, 2018 04:57:02 pm
      As you are the man with the answers, do they still play the European Super Cup in Monaco?

Would be a nice August trip for supporters.

Nope, gets moved around now, this year's Super Cup will be played in Estonia.

Job done yesterday as I was expecting, was interesting to see Bobby pushed a bit further back and Solanke starting up top.

Couple of good finishes yesterday, although I thought we could of scored more. Some good performances, but gonna go for a left-field shout for motm in Henderson, thought he put in an excellent shift in midfield.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #415: May 14, 2018 05:15:50 pm
      Nope, gets moved around now, this year's Super Cup will be played in Estonia.

Job done yesterday as I was expecting, was interesting to see Bobby pushed a bit further back and Solanke starting up top.

Couple of good finishes yesterday, although I thought we could of scored more. Some good performances, but gonna go for a left-field shout for motm in Henderson, thought he put in an excellent shift in midfield.

I picked Henderson as well.

Interesting to see if Jürgen uses that formation early next season, perhaps while waiting for Ox to return to full fitness (although I'd prefer him bring in a top-class attacking mid like Fekir.

Monaco/Estonia.....Estonia/Monaco.....Man, Reds fans cannot win.  :) (apologies to the great Ragnar Klavan).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #416: May 14, 2018 05:28:04 pm
      Picked gini as motm, think he has improved a lot, still a lot of room as well to get better
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #417: May 14, 2018 08:50:37 pm
      Picked gini as motm, think he has improved a lot, still a lot of room as well to get better

Same for me
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #418: May 14, 2018 10:51:07 pm
      I di suggest that Bobby could play behind the a front three for Mane Ings and Salah as I felt that it would take nothing away from his game, and I suggested he could play a front three of Mane Firmino and Salah and play Solanke behind them as it would suit Solanke game...

Did not see Klopp playing Mane,Solanke, Salah with Bobby behind them..,
      Glad Klopp is looking at his option before the CL Final  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #419: May 18, 2018 02:46:48 pm
      So the last day at home game was a gift. That's what we want it to be. We needed a result, and the opposition were on their holidays. So it was a stroll in the end.

We finish the campaign as the only unbeaten side at home, with 12 wins and 7 draws, 45 goals scored with just 10 conceded and a +35 goal difference. Given our defensive issues, the goals conceded stat is astonishing really. To put it in context, the all conquering side in 1979 conceded just 4 goals at home all season.

We have conceded one goal from a corner since Swansea in January, but people will still say we're "vulnerable" from them. The signing of the season was Van Dijk, who went a long way to sorting those issues. We finished with one less point than last year, but we are the first EPL side to finish in the top 4 and reach the EC final in 7 years.

And now we head East to Kiev. The last time we went there was Thommo's first game, and win in charge in 2001. The stadium has changed from the grey rust bucket it was, to the fully covered, all seater, colourful amphitheatre it is now. But another win would mean some things haven't changed. :)

Quick Reply