Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 52272 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: May 27, 2018 04:06:39 am
      We good players but some players like Adam lallana and ings couple more need move on have better squad sub's when call on in game like see Wilson and one or two younger players push on next year give bit chance
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #760: May 27, 2018 04:13:23 am
      Get that Ireland tit off the thred
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #761: May 27, 2018 04:16:02 am
      Why because speak truth you think Adam lallana and ings and goalkeeper are going win us things take salah mane out of our team we lot poor players
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      IrelandRe: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #762: May 27, 2018 04:20:47 am
      You only come on to moan, you pr**k. F**k off, blurt :lmao:
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #763: May 27, 2018 04:24:09 am
      Sorry Ireland, obviousl
      Take CAre Reds, we go again.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #764: May 27, 2018 04:29:42 am
      Nabby, next boy,s
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #765: May 27, 2018 04:46:01 am
      Why because speak truth you think Adam lallana and ings and goalkeeper are going win us things take salah mane out of our team we lot poor players

No because you have been invisible for the last few months then suddenly show up for incessant moaning.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #766: May 27, 2018 06:30:31 am
      You'll never walk alone!!! This is not the biggest tragedy in our history. It is the Hillsbourough. Justice for the 96! Hope, everyone returns safely and we go again next season!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #767: May 27, 2018 06:34:07 am
      Still proper gutted this morning.
      And you know what?
      Wonder goal by Bale or not, our keeper gave them 2- so you take them out of it & it would’ve been 1-1.
      Mane & wonder goal bale.

What a sh*t way to lose a final, and we worked so hard to get there.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #768: May 27, 2018 06:58:21 am
      I have been saying this for the last 1 year or so, if Klopp places too much faith for too long in some of the average players it will come back and haunt him and  haunt him it did. No need to mention the players concern and it is there to be seen. Klopp must pick up the courage to offload some of the players and he simply has a kind heart not to do so. He needs to be ruthless if he wants to win trophies. There are about 5 players holding back out progress at the moment.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #769: May 27, 2018 07:10:08 am
      Not really as gutted as I thought I'd be.

Maybe if we'd froze on the big stage or Klopp got done tactically I would have been but honestly don't feel that bad. We got done by squad depth and a dodgy keeper. It's frustrating yes and I guess you could blame Klopp for it if you wanted to. But let's face it we're on a limited budget compared some of the other teams in the CL so yes we could have had a new keeper and another forward by now but we'd probably not have Van Dijk or Ox etc.

It'll take time to build up that squad depth, maybe another summer or even two but it will come. The first XI will get better as well, the full backs will keep improving (scary thought!), Van Dijk will be even better now he's got 6 months under his belt here, Keita will arrive, Ox will come back from injury hungry and the front three are hardly old and probably will get even better with more time together.

It's coming lads.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #770: May 27, 2018 07:30:35 am
      Not much to add. Final showed what many have said all season. Midfield and a keeper still needed to reach next level. More depth needed to be on Madrid’s level. Gini was extremely ineffective as per.

Onwards and upwards.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #771: May 27, 2018 07:33:17 am
      I know I will get slagged but here we go anyway. Never been a great Klopp fan and his failure to replace his keepers 10 months ago, his reliance on Mo and his bench selection tonight prove he has no plan B and it is out of depth here. Confirmed by his record of 6 finals 1 win.

Talking out of your Arse
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #772: May 27, 2018 07:34:57 am

Your grammar is appalling

Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #773: May 27, 2018 08:13:18 am
      https://youtu.be/cjehh556Rj8

Ramos elbowed Karius in the head just before the first goal.

I just wonder if this threw him off his game.

Feelsbadman
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #774: May 27, 2018 08:21:17 am
      its a weird morning a bit like "did that really happen" sadly it did. I'm not even angry because what happened last night is just surreal and after all that work getting to the final we had no luck whatsoever.
      The experts will tell you Karius always had this game in him and maybe they are right but he had done so well lately I think after his first terrible mistake he simply didn't recover from it.
      We worried about Real's dark arts and they were there to see last night .
      I don't know how Karius can possibly recover from this its about a poor a performance as you can get and at this level its probably unique.
      I feel for the travelling fans more than anything they deserved so much from last night they were truly magnificent and they got nothing but the long journey home.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #775: May 27, 2018 08:29:38 am
      https://youtu.be/cjehh556Rj8

Ramos elbowed Karius in the head just before the first goal.

I just wonder if this threw him off his game.

Feelsbadman

AS has happened so many times over the years we have been beaten by lousy refs and linesmen.As i stated in a earlier post Ramos should of been sent off for what he did to Mo Salah. After looking at that video he was certainly guilty of elbowing Karius in the head and as you say could this of affected him.We certainly need a Tommy Smith or Souness to deal to arse holes like Ramos.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #776: May 27, 2018 08:37:52 am
      Feel terrible this morning, feel like I did after that Chelsea league game in 2013/14. All comments about us getting there and just being the start I hope you're right. Really gutted....we need a stronger squad with proper bench options.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #777: May 27, 2018 08:39:42 am
      its a weird morning a bit like "did that really happen" sadly it did. I'm not even angry because what happened last night is just surreal and after all that work getting to the final we had no luck whatsoever.
      The experts will tell you Karius always had this game in him and maybe they are right but he had done so well lately I think after his first terrible mistake he simply didn't recover from it.
      I don't know how Karius can possibly recover from this its about a poor a performance as you can get and at this level its probably unique.
      I feel for the travelling fans more than anything they deserved so much from last night they were truly magnificent and they got nothing but the long journey home.

I don't really think Karius did that well lately to be honest. He could have cost us against both City and Roma. In Manchester the goal was disallowed after he came out of his goal to find nothing in a cross, and against Roma he made almost the same mistake as in their 3rd last night, but it went to the post.

People love a redemption story and try to come up with one every time a sh*t player has a couple of decent performances, as with Moreno earlier in the season.

I admire the optimism I just don't really take part in it.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #778: May 27, 2018 08:41:06 am

Spot on
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #779: May 27, 2018 08:44:55 am
      I don't really think Karius did that well lately to be honest. He could have cost us against both City and Roma. In Manchester the goal was disallowed after he came out of his goal to find nothing in a cross, and against Roma he made almost the same mistake as in their 3rd last night, but it went to the post.

People love a redemption story and try to come up with one every time a sh*t player has a couple of decent performances, as with Moreno earlier in the season.

I admire the optimism I just don't really take part in it.

I agree, as much as Klopp is a 'arm around the shoulder' type of guy I'd be amazed if Karius starts next season as our first choice keeper.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #780: May 27, 2018 08:53:28 am
      Job done.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #781: May 27, 2018 08:53:56 am
      I know I will get slagged but here we go anyway. Never been a great Klopp fan and his failure to replace his keepers 10 months ago, his reliance on Mo and his bench selection tonight prove he has no plan B and it is out of depth here. Confirmed by his record of 6 finals 1 win.

The finals record is low because of who he comes up against. It's like people thinm he would be a better manager if he went out in round two.

With the net spend of Dortmund and Liverpool it is an achievement to just be there. His record in finals when playing the big boys will always be low.

Every manager depends on their players and especially on their better ones. Your man Fergie owes a lot of titles to CR7 for instance and the players who came through the academy at that time.

Quick Reply