Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Madrid?

Loris Karius
      16 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (24.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      6 (4.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (50.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: May 30, 2018 09:39:22 pm

Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 52412 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Re: Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: May 28, 2018 04:24:07 pm
      He gets away with it because
      a) The media refer to cheats like him in the game using language like 'winner's mentality', 'clever', 'nous', 'game management' and 'experienced professional' when they should be using words like 'cheat', 'con-man', 'devious' and 'game-wrecker'. 
      b) Real Madrid have huge power and influence in the European game that allows them to get away with things that other clubs cannot.
      c) He has perfected his use of subterfuge and feigned innocence to the point that match officils genuinely do not see his crimes much of the time.  His record for cards is really poor, yet how much worse SHOULD it be?
      His actions denied millions the  sporting spectacle that they were entitled to expect, and that would have been worthy of the history of the trophy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #944: May 28, 2018 09:42:19 pm
      my post from earlier in the week.
      This is the biggest game in club football anyone who isn't feeling a bit apprehensive must have nerves of steel.
      Whether or not we deserve it doesn't matter because we all know apart from football Real will try everything to gain an advantage and that's what has gotten me nervous. In a no holds barred football match going toe to toe with any team wouldn't bother me but this lot are one sneaky shower of feckers and they will already have a target in mind.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #945: May 28, 2018 10:11:32 pm
      It was glaringly obvious from January once one of Mane,Salah and Firmino weren't playing we were knackered. Know I know the guy has had a terrible injury record and his effort isn't always as it should be but I thought the decision to loan out Sturridge was poor at the time and still do considering Ings and Solanke are the only back and lets face it they aren't real quality at all.
      Again, don't bite my head off as I admit Sturridge has done himself no favours under Klopp but for me he could have been our David Fairclough and I reckon he'd have settled for that if he knew he'd be coming on at some point in game. Hopefully the quality will start to roll in and we've started today by the looks of things.
      I've been gutted the last couple of days but after seeing Klopp dancing on that video and people still driving around with their car flags I've thought come on we are Liverpool roll on August let's keep going, keep fighting and hopefully we'll get there....
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #946: May 29, 2018 07:22:30 am
      Recurring nightmare.

Only one positive. Glad that lightweight Henderson didn't lift the Cup. He's no captain or leader.

All he could do is giggle like a kid in the press conference.

The other positive was chicken man got nothing. What a turd, he was more upset about Bales second that Karius. What a toxic place that Madrid camp must be.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #947: May 29, 2018 08:55:13 am

David Fairclough was consistent  hence the name of super sub,Danny Sturridge failed to show any consistency so I fail to see he would of made any difference against Real Madrid.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #948: May 29, 2018 09:08:40 am
      P.S. Booing other teams when they are on the ball, just because they are the other team, the opponent? I would think it was just because it's Real Madrid (I despise them too), but the same happened with Roma. It's embarrassing. Have some class.

The whistling of the opposition with the ball happened with Man City and Roma and we beat them 3-0 and 5-2. 

I don't mind it myself.

If the players themselves are not using the 'dark arts' then I've got no problem with the Anfield crowd using it, personal opinion.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #949: May 29, 2018 10:00:46 am

It's more about the lack of any sort of options on the bench, I've been cacking it all year in case one of our front three got injured and they did in our most important game.

David Fairclough was consistent  hence the name of super sub,Danny Sturridge failed to show any consistency so I fail to see he would of made any difference against Real Madrid.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #950: May 30, 2018 02:46:35 am
      So disappointed after last night, I don't know where to start.

They began to dominate the play and it was very noticeable to me the difference in quality between the two midfields.
      Now back to my earlier point of players not turning up...can anybody tell me where Jordan Henderson was?
      Our f**king captain?
      Where the f**k was he in the biggest game of his career?

Where was he when we needed him most? I thought he was f**king abysmal.
      Again, I've said it endless times on here that he isn't good enough.

He isn't the standard required it's that f**king simple and it pains me that some of you just can't f**king see it.

The standard required is what we saw last night or what we've seen over 38 games from the city midfield this season. Hendo can't play one half decent game every six or seven and get away with it.

We need somebody who turns up and gives an 8 or a 9 every f**king week. And what was he last night? A 2 at best.

I've also said, endless times, that the front three often bail Hendo out. When they're firing then you don't notice the poor performances from the midfielders at times. When they aren't firing though or we aren't feeding them the ball, we need somebody from the middle to stand up and be counted. Grab the game by the scruff. Lead by example. Take control. And you never see that from f**king henderson.

I don't mean to turn this into a Jordan Henderson bashing post because he wasn't the only disappointment last night, but I'm as angry with his performance every bit as I am over the mistakes that Karius made.  I've been called all sorts for labelling Henderson as a 'shithouse' on here, but that last night was a typical Jordan Henderson SHITHOUSE performance.

Then we move on to the midfield. Jordan Henderson needs taking out and dropped to the bench. He could be a great squad player for us but he shouldn't be in the first 11. Not if we want to win titles and win European cups. Same with Gini as well. He's a shithouse too and picks and chooses when he turns up. Not good enough. Get both on the bench and bring in another top cm or two to partner Keita and sit back and watch (and f**king enjoy) the difference.

Imagine if we had a midfield that were technically brilliant as well as being 'just runners'. We would be unstoppable.

Congratulations on a great season reds and thank you for giving me some great memories. City away was up there with the best matches I've ever been too. Despite my current disappointment and sad feelings, I'm so excited for next season. I just hope and pray klopp brings the right players in and improves the areas we badly need to upgrade on.

Everything you say I agree with and it pains me also to see that people can't see the truth about Henderson.
      He isn't good enough.
      (Ah well. I had the same sh*t for 18 months over Rodgers)

I'll say it again. Perhaps we will have a true leader .. a real Captain worthy to lead LFC when we do lift Big Ears for No 6 . 
      V.V.D. anyone ?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018 02:55:05 am by MIRO »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #951: May 30, 2018 09:18:01 am
      sick of hearing about Bales wonder goal. nobody will convince me that it was anything more than a fluke. OK, a lot of skill was required to get it on target but a lot more luck was required for it to beat the Keeper
      "not at all bitter" Jimbo
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #952: May 30, 2018 10:27:05 am
      sick of hearing about Bales wonder goal. nobody will convince me that it was anything more than a fluke. OK, a lot of skill was required to get it on target but a lot more luck was required for it to beat the Keeper
      "not at all bitter" Jimbo

I reckon it should be saved. But any decent effort on our goal will usually go in.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #953: May 30, 2018 09:17:26 pm
      3 freak goals in a way. Wait a long time to see another like the first. The second was to be fair a great goal, touch lucky. The third wasn't so unusual but had Karius not made a mess of the first he might have saved the third. His mind would've been in a mush.

The footballing gods were against us. Bad tackle by Ramos but very unlucky for Salah to land the way he did. Wasn't our night. Not easy to deal with it but we move on to next season with great expectations.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #954: May 30, 2018 11:14:12 pm
      Must be a proper sh*t atmosphere in the Madrid dressing room if Bale preferred to sit off in ours!!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1001934279100764161
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #955: May 31, 2018 12:46:19 pm
      Now I've had a full 5 days to calm down, I can comment on this.

Football had died when Netherlands employed those tactics against Spain and got away with it, or a number of other instances over the past 2 decades in similarly important games.

FIFA could have led by example and taken retrospective action against the aggressors - fines, suspensions, whatever. Footballing authorities around the world would have followed suit, players would have learned not to risk their careers if the retrospective action was strong enough and we wouldn't be in the 21st century watching the art of cheating win a football game rather than the football itself.

Yes Real are class, and yes it showed that our midfield area and goalkeeper are the clear areas of weakness. Attackers are world class and defense has stabilized and will only get better with VVD, so it was obvious. But even with substandard midfield and goalkeeper, we could have won that game fair and square, outplaying these dirty, overgrown lump of filth that is Real Madrid.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #956: May 31, 2018 02:48:18 pm
      Zidane has resigned .

So how good were RM?

Finished third in La Liga ... 17 points behind champions and rivals Barca
      Knocked out of the Copa del Rey at the quarter-final stage by Leganes.

Could have had them.
      Kopite78
      Reply #957: May 31, 2018 04:36:10 pm
      Zidane has resigned .

So how good were RM?

Could have had them.

Could.. but didn't.

They won it fairly easily truth be told

Man City are probably saying the same as you.

Finished 4th in the league, 25 points behind the champions
      Out of the fa cup in the 4th round
      Out of the league cup in the 3rd round by West Brom

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018 05:48:30 pm by Kopite78 »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #958: May 31, 2018 07:20:49 pm
      Zidane has resigned .

So how good were RM?

Could have had them.
      I really hope they don't come looking for Klopp. I know its unlikely, but it would be the biggest sabotage this team could endure. How ironic would it be that we spoke all year about Real Madrid potentially trying to steal Salah only for us to turn around and lose Klopp.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #959: May 31, 2018 07:56:44 pm
      I really hope they don't come looking for Klopp. I know its unlikely, but it would be the biggest sabotage this team could endure. How ironic would it be that we spoke all year about Real Madrid potentially trying to steal Salah only for us to turn around and lose Klopp.

Got a feeling Klopp will do 7 years here. Same as he did with Mainz and Dortmund.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #960: May 31, 2018 08:17:40 pm
      If anyone thinks Jürgen would go to Real they cant have been listening to the man . He doesn't do flash he does hard work and shared reward just like some bloke from 1959
      Kopite78
      Reply #961: May 31, 2018 08:19:06 pm
      Absolutely zero chance Jürgen goes to Madrid
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #962: May 31, 2018 08:27:35 pm
      Absolutely zero chance Jürgen goes to Madrid

More chance of him going to Everton.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #963: May 31, 2018 10:45:29 pm
      Must be a proper sh*t atmosphere in the Madrid dressing room if Bale preferred to sit off in ours!!

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1001934279100764161

Maybe he need a sh*t and CR7 had destroyed the Madrid cludgy......what with all that spicy food and steroids?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #964: May 31, 2018 11:16:16 pm

They slagged Mo off too much pre game (especially LadyBoy) for him to ever consider them.

Like Klopp I dont believe Mo's ethics morals and beliefs would allow him ... what he would see to be disloyalty in going elsewhere.

There are journeymen , there are self centered mercenaries like Sanchez and then there are the real people.

Loyal, committed hard working players who will always put a shift in.
      Give me a Lucas or a Kuyt all day long. Someone who will fight for the cause to beyond the last minute.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #965: May 31, 2018 11:53:02 pm
      I still believe at least the spine of the team should made up of British players and I am not a British citizen by saying that. We need to go back to our roots. British players tend to move abroad less and tend to settle down easier than foreign players thus less distractions. That itself stabilises the club and provides sustain challenge. In the 70s and 80s we used to have only a handful of foreign players and we did remarkably well and I'm sure if we scout the country thoroughly from the north to the south we will be able to get these quality British players. Its tiring to have a replay of the Suarez, Torres, Masc etc fisaco time and again when we were on the rise and got deflated time and again. And I'm damn happy that Robertson is doing very well this season, typical Liverpool player - hard running, tackling, no nonsense, 100% commitment on the field. Hopefully, Robertson would be an eye opener to Klopp. I may get flamed here but that's how i sees it.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2018 11:57:29 pm by redkop63 »

Quick Reply