Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 157997 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #253: Sep 01, 2018 07:57:35 pm
      Of course I totally speculate here, but something is going on. I don't buy Jürgen's excuse.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #254: Sep 01, 2018 08:00:25 pm
      I am suspicious. The guy cost a fortune and is not even on the bench in our 4th game? Klopp has a tendency to be coy about inside failures: Buvac and Ox' injury are prime examples. I had my first suspicion when Fab was crushed in a sprint against City in a preseason game. He looked old and slow. My guess is he's sick, e.g. with glandular fever, and they don't want to rush him back.

You really are a tool.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #255: Sep 01, 2018 08:02:01 pm
      Of course I totally speculate here, but something is going on. I don't buy Jürgen's excuse.

I have a feeling you weren’t around last season and didn’t see the way Klopp introduced Robbo and Ox to the team - once they were ready and understood the system

This is how it used be way back - players were bought and then they had to work their way into the team and get used to life at a different club - we bought Fabinho for years so I expect him to be in the team when the manager believes he is ready

Ps don’t give up whatever your day job is
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #256: Sep 01, 2018 08:18:00 pm
      Interesting one this. Any guesses on when or where we will see him make his full first team debut? Also, what do we think can he bring to the midfield that we didn't have today?

Tbh, I am still surprised as to why he hasn't been used as I thought he was our best player in pre-season. And yeah, I know what Klopp said, but I thought he didn't look out of place when he played, and surely it would be quicker to bed someone in by giving them minutes?

Anyway, I think he is probably most similar to Wijnaldum in how he plays as our 6. Will obviously be better defensively, and with the experience he has playing at high level as the 6, his distributing would be quicker and more purposeful. I suspect we may see him vs Southampton (sub appearance?) or Chelsea league cup as a starter.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Sep 02, 2018 02:41:26 am

No doubt you had the same conspiracy theory when Ox and Robbo were out the team adjusting to how we play. You’ve been locked in that Panzer too long judging by some of the stuff you come out with.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #258: Sep 02, 2018 03:24:39 am

No one cares what you think.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #259: Sep 02, 2018 07:40:23 am
      I am suspicious. The guy cost a fortune and is not even on the bench in our 4th game? Klopp has a tendency to be coy about inside failures: Buvac and Ox' injury are prime examples. I had my first suspicion when Fab was crushed in a sprint against City in a preseason game. He looked old and slow. My guess is he's sick, e.g. with glandular fever, and they don't want to rush him back.

Cheers Geoff.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #260: Sep 02, 2018 09:56:11 am
      Interesting one this. Any guesses on when or where we will see him make his full first team debut? Also, what do we think can he bring to the midfield that we didn't have today?

Composure and control would be my tongue in cheek response mate.....

I reckon we’ll see him soon - possibly even against Spuds.......we struggled against Dembele’s physicality last season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #261: Sep 03, 2018 05:49:45 am
      Was even on the Bench v Leicester?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #262: Sep 03, 2018 05:54:10 am
      Was even on the Bench v Leicester?

Nope.

We will see him don't worry, just a few more days.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #263: Sep 03, 2018 02:53:54 pm
      Nope.

We will see him don't worry, just a few more days.

For Brazil? :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #264: Sep 03, 2018 02:58:11 pm

Come on admit you aren't really a Liverpool fan are you, every single post from you is a dig at a player, the club or the manager.
      If you recall form last year Robertson didn't feature for a few months either, not even on the bench, the reason is that it takes time to get some players up to speed, it's exactly the same now with Fabinho.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #265: Sep 03, 2018 09:48:18 pm

Yep, plus in the Champions League.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #266: Sep 03, 2018 09:51:17 pm
      If he makes the same impact as Robbo after Klopp has moulded him he is going to be awesome
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #267: Sep 03, 2018 10:16:05 pm

Glandular fever.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What's the deal with this German Panzy?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #268: Sep 03, 2018 11:38:14 pm
      Glandular fever.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What's the deal with this German Panzy?

He is tanked up, bit of a tiger, a bit off the beaten track, needs to have a Sherman
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #269: Sep 04, 2018 02:24:12 am
      No doubt you had the same conspiracy theory when Ox and Robbo were out the team adjusting to how we play. You’ve been locked in that Panzer too long judging by some of the stuff you come out with.

More of a Tommy Tanker than a German Panzer. ;)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #270: Sep 04, 2018 07:54:30 am
      I think the suspicion in Panzers post is fueled by the fact we've forked out 40m for Fabinho.

Robbo came for 5 from the Championship in most cases you would expect that profile of signing to slot straight in ala Keita.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #271: Sep 04, 2018 08:40:11 am
      I think the suspicion in Panzers post is fueled by the fact we've forked out 40m for Fabinho.

Robbo came for 5 from the Championship in most cases you would expect that profile of signing to slot straight in ala Keita.

The cost of the player doesn’t mean he will know the system and pace of the Prem straight away

The one thing I noticed with him is his pace isn’t the greatest especially on the turn so he is going to have to be careful in regards his positioning , apparently he has been working a lot with Mo to get him more positioned better but once sorted he will be quality , he does glide across the pitch - a bit like Gomez
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #272: Sep 04, 2018 09:29:41 am
      The cost of the player doesn’t mean he will know the system and pace of the Prem straight away

The one thing I noticed with him is his pace isn’t the greatest especially on the turn so he is going to have to be careful in regards his positioning , apparently he has been working a lot with Mo to get him more positioned better but once sorted he will be quality , he does glide across the pitch - a bit like Gomez

Are you saying we're teaching him fundamentals then? Can understand the pace argument but positioning?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #273: Sep 04, 2018 09:31:54 am
      Are you saying we're teaching him fundamentals then? Can understand the pace argument but positioning?

It’s a different league , massively different than the French league and the system is different so yes Fabinho will be getting drilled positioning especially in a different system than he used too
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #274: Sep 04, 2018 09:34:01 am
      It’s a different league , massively different than the French league and the system is different so yes Fabinho will be getting drilled positioning especially in a different system than he used too

Right.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #275: Sep 04, 2018 07:58:34 pm

I remember Ox saying he felt like he had to learn football all over again when he came in; and this from a guy who had years of PL experience.

Quick Reply