Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155504 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #276: Sep 05, 2018 09:31:28 pm
      Fabinho is set to play right back vs USA on Friday.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #277: Sep 07, 2018 02:47:18 am
      https://twitter.com/BrazilStat/status/1037873975307722752

I am patiently waiting for you, Fabinho :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #278: Sep 08, 2018 03:15:20 pm
      Fabinho is set to play right back vs USA on Friday.

Played pretty well. Nothing spectacular. Drew the foul for a penalty, although the award was rather soft. Hit a nice drive from the edge of the area that was saved. Defended well and won a couple of headers in his area. Was camped out wide in the forward third during long spells of possession and his passing was reliable, but  not spectacular. If he needed to fill in at right back sometime for us that would be fine, but he looked good when he got forward and that is what i'm looking forward to from his midfield play.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #279: Sep 08, 2018 04:04:09 pm
      Played pretty well. Nothing spectacular. Drew the foul for a penalty, although the award was rather soft. Hit a nice drive from the edge of the area that was saved. Defended well and won a couple of headers in his area. Was camped out wide in the forward third during long spells of possession and his passing was reliable, but  not spectacular. If he needed to fill in at right back sometime for us that would be fine, but he looked good when he got forward and that is what i'm looking forward to from his midfield play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7E_bfkxiss

Really can't wait to see him in our midfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #280: Sep 08, 2018 04:18:21 pm

Really can't wait to see him in our midfield.

Same here, hopefully see him come in and boss the midfield vs Spurs

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #281: Sep 08, 2018 07:30:52 pm

Looks ready to me.

BTW, I love that the first highlight in the video is of him wiping his nose. NOBODY wipes his  nose like Fabinho!!! Just sad there wasn't any ball-scratching included because he's probably really good at that as well.

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #282: Sep 09, 2018 02:09:02 am
      I reckon weā€™ll see him soon - possibly even against Spuds.......

No way. Too important game for a tryout. We need to play Tottenham with the squad we used so far. Bring Fabinho in a home game against a lesser side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #283: Sep 09, 2018 04:30:37 am
      https://twitter.com/goal/status/1038401124674543616

Damn, I hope he doesn't become Brazil's permanent full back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #284: Sep 09, 2018 05:15:31 am
      No way. Too important game for a tryout. We need to play Tottenham with the squad we used so far. Bring Fabinho in a home game against a lesser side.
      Thanks for your input.

Appreciated.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #285: Sep 09, 2018 07:50:52 am

Itā€™s not a ā€œtryoutā€, heā€™s a quality Ā£40mill signing with experience in the Champions League and International level. Heā€™s not been signed to make up the numbers and play cup games, heā€™s looking to stamp his mark as a top class player and has more than enough ability to come in and make a good first appearance against a team like Spurs.

Iā€™m yet to see a post from you where it seems as though you have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #286: Sep 09, 2018 08:02:02 am
      Heā€™s like the right back version of Van Dijk in that video. Everything is done at his own pace and he looked very assured in possession.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #287: Sep 11, 2018 09:39:32 pm
      Iā€™m yet to see a post from you where it seems as though you have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Maybe it's because you are the one who doesn't have a clue? No sane coach voluntarily introduces a player in an important game against a strong opponent. Too much risk, especially after this player has 0.0 playing rhythm and experience. If Klopp had no options due to injury he may risk it, but why would he do it when his midfield is available and proved thru the last games?  :mad:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #288: Sep 12, 2018 01:11:10 am
      Maybe it's because you are the one who doesn't have a clue? No sane coach voluntarily introduces a player in an important game against a strong opponent. Too much risk, especially after this player has 0.0 playing rhythm and experience. If Klopp had no options due to injury he may risk it, but why would he do it when his midfield is available and proved thru the last games?  :mad:

Nope, pretty certain you are the one who doesnā€™t have a clue.

By your logic we could sign Messi and youā€™d be saying bench him.

I wonder what your take was on Van Dijk making his debut in a Merseyside Derby and Mane making his Debut vs Arsenal. Both big and important matches and one of them against an opposition at the same level of Spurs....oh yeah, them 2 debutants also went on to score what was the winning goal in them games, despite having, as you say ā€œ0.0 playing rhythm and experienceā€.

Like I said, you are yet to show that you have any clue what you are talking about.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2018 01:26:06 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #289: Sep 12, 2018 02:26:41 am
      Nope, pretty certain you are the one who doesnā€™t have a clue.

By your logic we could sign Messi and youā€™d be saying bench him.

I wonder what your take was on Van Dijk making his debut in a Merseyside Derby and Mane making his Debut vs Arsenal. Both big and important matches and one of them against an opposition at the same level of Spurs....oh yeah, them 2 debutants also went on to score what was the winning goal in them games, despite having, as you say ā€œ0.0 playing rhythm and experienceā€.

Like I said, you are yet to show that you have any clue what you are talking about.

Yeah, Klopp said it had nothing to do with speed/intensity of PL matches, more so tactics. I am sure once Klopp feels Fabinho is ready, he'll have no hesitation throwing him in the deep end.

Personally, I would feel a lot more comfortable if he had some cameos, but whatever, he has played at the highest level, so I am sure he'll cope.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2018 02:35:40 am by PurpleMonkey »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #290: Sep 12, 2018 04:18:40 am
      I think Klopp is scared the way her got BLITZZZED for pace against Man City in preseason ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #291: Sep 12, 2018 09:50:09 am
      I think Klopp is scared the way her got BLITZZZED for pace against Man City in preseason ;D

I donā€™t. At all.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s called ā€œpreā€ season 😉
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #292: Sep 12, 2018 11:12:02 am
      Itā€™s not as if Fabinho has not played against Spurs previously.

Pretty sure Monaco beat them on their home turf with Fabinho playing DM.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #293: Sep 12, 2018 12:09:32 pm

It looked terrible for Fabinho. He looked like a 50 years old. Again, he should under no circumstances play against Spurs. He doesn't have real PL game experience yet and he isn't so much superior to our alternatives to risk it. I'd bet any amount of money, Klopp won't put him in the starting line-up, barring injuries. Of course if you confuse the real world with FIFA18 like King Kenny I could see a point bringing him....  :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #294: Sep 12, 2018 01:35:27 pm

Of course if you confuse the real world with FIFA18 like King Kenny I could see a point bringing him....  :roll:

Tool.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #295: Sep 12, 2018 09:19:56 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #296: Sep 12, 2018 10:17:53 pm
      It looked terrible for Fabinho. He looked like a 50 years old. Again, he should under no circumstances play against Spurs. He doesn't have real PL game experience yet and he isn't so much superior to our alternatives to risk it. I'd bet any amount of money, Klopp won't put him in the starting line-up, barring injuries. Of course if you confuse the real world with FIFA18 like King Kenny I could see a point bringing him....  :roll:

Fabinho is a quality player and will show that in first team PL action soon.

Not that he needs to prove himself to morons like you.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #297: Sep 19, 2018 02:14:41 am
      What a debut  :f_tongueincheek:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #298: Sep 26, 2018 10:18:36 pm
      He took about 30 mins to get up to speed and looked really good after that, a few more games and we will see the best from him.

Quick Reply