Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabinho Player Thread (M) > Al Ittihad

Read 155462 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Fabinho Player Thread
      Reply #506: Dec 27, 2018 10:22:47 am
      Yeah he’s unsettled & we are looking to sell him to PSG in jan...

My arse...

Nice way to sign off. Onto bigger and better things presumably 🤣🤣
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #507: Dec 27, 2018 11:56:15 am
      Delight for him of his first goal,  waiting for more to come Fab.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #508: Dec 29, 2018 07:46:59 pm
      Generally not one to go looking for negatives after a 5-1 thumping or any win, in this case of the Arse, but I mentioned before we started these three games (prior to the Newcastle one), that I'd rather not see him yet in high-paced games against the top 6. Even against Wolverhampton, a good footballing team that pressed us, he struggled in the first half.

He has looked very good and comfortable against teams that sit back and allow him time on the ball, he can pick a pass, looks composed etc., but I haven't seen him have a good game against a good team yet, to be honest. I'm sure he'll improve over time and will get used to the higher pace in top PL games, but so far he has been fairly average. Far too casual on the ball sometimes and that pass in the first half, unforgivable in my opinion. Didn't have a clue about his surroundings it seemed. You can't have that. It nearly cost us against Wolves and could've cost us again tonight. It will come back to bite us in the ass at some point.

Improved again as the game went on, but by then the game was already won. Needs to up his game if he wants to keep the likes of Wijnaldum and Henderson out of the team against top opposition. No coincidence it'll likely be Henderson starting against City.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #509: Dec 30, 2018 12:08:29 am
      Generally not one to go looking for negatives after a 5-1 thumping or any win, in this case of the Arse, but I mentioned before we started these three games (prior to the Newcastle one), that I'd rather not see him yet in high-paced games against the top 6. Even against Wolverhampton, a good footballing team that pressed us, he struggled in the first half.

He has looked very good and comfortable against teams that sit back and allow him time on the ball, he can pick a pass, looks composed etc., but I haven't seen him have a good game against a good team yet, to be honest. I'm sure he'll improve over time and will get used to the higher pace in top PL games, but so far he has been fairly average. Far too casual on the ball sometimes and that pass in the first half, unforgivable in my opinion. Didn't have a clue about his surroundings it seemed. You can't have that. It nearly cost us against Wolves and could've cost us again tonight. It will come back to bite us in the ass at some point.

Improved again as the game went on, but by then the game was already won. Needs to up his game if he wants to keep the likes of Wijnaldum and Henderson out of the team against top opposition. No coincidence it'll likely be Henderson starting against City.

I think he had a poor 20-30 mins at home and poor 45 mins away vs Arsenal, but overall, I think he has been superb, even vs the high paced/high pressing teams we played against (Wolves (A) Red Star (H) and Chelsea (H)), I thought he played very well overall.

The only problem is that he takes that extra bit longer to settle down into those intensive games, and whilst he has been lucky that his mistakes haven't led to goals, as you say, it could come back and bite us in the ass if he continues to struggle with the pace of the opposition at the beginning, so I totally understand you prefering the likes of, Hendo, Wijnaldum & Milner over Fab vs attacking teams. However, in his defence, once he settles into the game and gets going, he is damn good.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #510: Dec 30, 2018 12:24:47 am
      I think he had a poor 20-30 mins at home and poor 45 mins away vs Arsenal, but overall, I think he has been superb, even vs the high paced/high pressing teams we played against (Wolves (A) Red Star (H) and Chelsea (H)), I thought he played very well overall.

The only problem is that he takes that extra bit longer to settle down into those intensive games, and whilst he has been lucky that his mistakes haven't led to goals, as you say, it could come back and bite us in the ass if he continues to struggle with the pace of the opposition at the beginning, so I totally understand you prefering the likes of, Hendo, Wijnaldum & Milner over Fab vs attacking teams. However, in his defence, once he settles into the game and gets going, he is damn good.

Agreed.

He seems to start the first 15 mins of games nervy and makes some loose passes. But once he gets the nerves out of his system he is a rock in midfield. The way he dominated the ball in the second half and strided forward reminded me a bit of Patrick Vieira back in the day.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #511: Dec 30, 2018 08:48:52 am
      His running in is two minutes (too long) however he's a players that grows every second that pass. He reminds me of Didi Hamann through his slim figure and movement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #512: Dec 30, 2018 04:42:43 pm
      I think Jürgen may rest him Thursday as he gave the ball away a couple of times and City will punish us for that.
      Definitely getting better and he does he best work in and around the centre circle he is going to be  big player for us in the new year especially in the CL.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #513: Dec 30, 2018 08:42:51 pm
      Scared the F**k out of me with his first 2 attempted passes but came good after that. Him and Hendo both start v Man City for me.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #514: Dec 30, 2018 09:10:29 pm
      Scared the f**k out of me with his first 2 attempted passes but came good after that. Him and Hendo both start v Man City for me.
      Reckon it will be Hendo, Wijnaldum and Milner if the latter is fit. If not, I have a feeling that he will go with Keita over Fabinho. May be way off with that considering Keita’s lack of recent game time but I think Fabinho’s mistakes in the early stages of recent games might be a factor. We will certainly not get away with that against City.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #515: Dec 30, 2018 09:22:59 pm
      Reckon it will be Hendo, Wijnaldum and Milner if the latter is fit. If not, I have a feeling that he will go with Keita over Fabinho. May be way off with that considering Keita’s lack of recent game time but I think Fabinho’s mistakes in the early stages of recent games might be a factor. We will certainly not get away with that against City.

We were lucky to get away with it, but against City I'd love to see two DM's helping out the back 5 with Gini/Milner or Shaq in front of them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #516: Dec 30, 2018 10:17:02 pm
      maybe big players need big games to show just how good they are. He has made a couple of bad passes but all players make mistakes and it is something he can easily sort out.
      I think we need him for his reading of the game and his tackling which really does break up play.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #517: Dec 30, 2018 10:23:53 pm
      maybe big players need big games to show just how good they are. He has made a couple of bad passes but all players make mistakes and it is something he can easily sort out.
      I think we need him for his reading of the game and his tackling which really does break up play.

His passing overall is excellent in my book. Not just a defensive passer but capable of playing killer balls
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #518: Dec 30, 2018 10:27:49 pm
      His passing overall is excellent in my book. Not just a defensive passer but capable of playing killer balls

he has had  couple of howlers that City would thrive on but I just cant see him not playing now he completely dominates the centre circle and can see a pass too. We just need Naby up to speed then we will have such a choice of midfield players to face any team
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #519: Dec 30, 2018 10:36:21 pm
      Players make mistakes. He had a couple of pearlers but you can’t get in the water without getting wet. More impressive is how he recovered.

Top talent beginning to shine.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #520: Jan 08, 2019 02:44:58 pm
      Very quickly becoming one of my favourite players this lad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #521: Jan 08, 2019 02:52:34 pm
      Very quickly becoming one of my favourite players this lad.

Likewise.

Looked comfortable at CB, changed the dynamic in midfield when he came on against  City and is a pretty handy RB as well.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #522: Jan 12, 2019 05:36:49 pm
      For a stand in CB he did extremely well bearing in mind Murray tried to drag him into a physical duel.

What a useful option to have but it was clear today that the sooner Fab gets back into midfield the better and especially so against the Bus Parker’s.

The lack of forward momentum from the two CM’s today was woeful.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #523: Jan 12, 2019 05:40:35 pm
      same old crap about Henderson yet on LFC TV they are saying how good he was hmmm.
      Fab is doing nicely lots of games to go and I am sure he is going to have an increasing positive effect on this side
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #524: Jan 12, 2019 05:43:23 pm
      For a stand in CB he did extremely well bearing in mind Murray tried to drag him into a physical duel.

What a useful option to have but it was clear today that the sooner Fab gets back into midfield the better and especially so against the Bus Parker’s.

The lack of forward momentum from the two CM’s today was woeful.

Wasn’t really anywhere to go forward in the first half.  Not sure if you are wanting them to constantly give the ball away trying incisive passes to guys that are double and triple teamed or what?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #525: Jan 12, 2019 06:02:23 pm
      Wasn’t really anywhere to go forward in the first half.  Not sure if you are wanting them to constantly give the ball away trying incisive passes to guys that are double and triple teamed or what?

I wonder how Man City manage to get the ball forward when they are double or triple teamed?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #526: Jan 12, 2019 06:04:12 pm
      I wonder how Man City manage to get the ball forward when they are double or triple teamed?

By staying patient, keeping a high tempo and trusting to their methods.

That is how it works.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #527: Jan 12, 2019 06:05:55 pm
      Good on him for the "accidental flailing arm" in our box, that got him a bit of payback.

He had plenty of time and space today, did OK in defense against a fairly poor attack, got a bit roughed up but it didn't bother him.

A good performance in an unfamiliar position.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #528: Jan 12, 2019 06:06:51 pm
      Good on him for the "accidental flailing arm" in our box, that got him a bit of payback.

He had plenty of time and space today, did OK in defense against a fairly poor attack, got a bit roughed up but it didn't bother him.

A good performance in an unfamiliar position.

Yep warming up nicely.

Him Hendo and Gini would be my go to in the middle next couple games.

Quick Reply